Ketogenic Diet - Powerful Dietary Strategy for Certain Conditions

Re: Ketogenic Diet - Path To Transformation?

Hello, all.
I thought I tell you about my experience with keto diet. I hope this will help others not to make the same mistakes.
All this time I have been doing very well with my paleo diet and I loved living in ketosis. But recently I became pregnant, and all of a sudden I could not stand the smell of bone broth, and could not eat fat, because it simply made me wanna throw up. So instead I have been eating pickled cucumbers and pickled cabbage with oils. Somehow my cravings for berries talked me into making my fat bombs with pureed berries. Little by little I ate more and more berries and I came out of ketosis. Furthermore, I have been desperately craving other fruits, so it went on and on. It was very hard not to eat carbs once I got addicted to it all over again.
Now that I am over with my first trimester cravings I am trying to go back to ketosis, but I have encountered another problem: my heart is getting extremely arrhythmic when I lower the carbs. I increased the magnesium and sea salt intake, but maybe it is still not enough to deal with the heart problem. I am sure it is because of the pregnancy, and increased need in different supplements. I will try to do more experiments with different doses of different vitamins and will let you know how things go.
I would like to warn people. The more carbs you eat the more you will crave. By the way, in ancient mysteries honey is a symbol for addiction to physicality. Now I can clearly see why. Be careful with those carbs!

Hello Εἰρήvη, sorry for what is happening, indeed carbohydrates am very addictive, someone with more experience here in the forum will be able to give better advice, I think it always be on the safe side comes first, (listening to her body) plus a good medical advice, be very careful and manteganos reported as everything goes. Have you thought permancer in paleo diet during pregnancy? I say this only as an option

:hug2:

riclapaz said:
. Have you thought permancer in paleo diet during pregnancy? I say this only as an option

:hug2:
hello, riclapaz, thank you for your response. What do you mean by "permancer "?

I looked for a translation of permancer/permanancer. It means to stay/keep/live for a time. So perhaps riclapaz is simply asking why don't you stay on a paleo diet (with some carbs) as opposed to a strictly ketogenic diet during your pregnancy.

Lilou said:
I looked for a translation of permancer/permanancer. It means to stay/keep/live for a time. So perhaps riclapaz is simply asking why don't you stay on a paleo diet (with some carbs) as opposed to a strictly ketogenic diet during your pregnancy.
Thank you, Lilou,
Pregnancy cravings is a strange thing. I've never thought I'd experience it to this extent. It was also probably my weakness that made me follow my cravings. I am back to eating very low carbs, no dairy, no gluten, but my goal is go back to ketosis, as soon as I figure out the heart problem. In my personal experience, I see evil in carbs. My mind was very clear while I was in ketosis. I noticed drastic changes in my memory and thinking patterns when I started to eat carbs again. In my mind the idea of carbs addiction is closely associated with the idea of the Fall. C's in one of the transcripts mentioned that it did not take long for more advanced souls of a pre-Fall state, to get addicted to the things that the lower dimension had to offer and to forget about their legacy (I wish I could quote this part from the transcripts, but unfortunately I no longer have an access). There were other factors, such as DNA alterations, but addiction is what we must overcome.

Lilou said:

Thanks Lilou, that's what I meant. :/

Εἰρήvη said:
Hello, all.
I thought I tell you about my experience with keto diet. I hope this will help others not to make the same mistakes.
All this time I have been doing very well with my paleo diet and I loved living in ketosis. But recently I became pregnant, and all of a sudden I could not stand the smell of bone broth, and could not eat fat, because it simply made me wanna throw up. So instead I have been eating pickled cucumbers and pickled cabbage with oils. Somehow my cravings for berries talked me into making my fat bombs with pureed berries. Little by little I ate more and more berries and I came out of ketosis. Furthermore, I have been desperately craving other fruits, so it went on and on. It was very hard not to eat carbs once I got addicted to it all over again.
Now that I am over with my first trimester cravings I am trying to go back to ketosis, but I have encountered another problem: my heart is getting extremely arrhythmic when I lower the carbs. I increased the magnesium and sea salt intake, but maybe it is still not enough to deal with the heart problem. I am sure it is because of the pregnancy, and increased need in different supplements. I will try to do more experiments with different doses of different vitamins and will let you know how things go.
I would like to warn people. The more carbs you eat the more you will crave. By the way, in ancient mysteries honey is a symbol for addiction to physicality. Now I can clearly see why. Be careful with those carbs!

Hi Εἰρήvη​,
I wouldn't stress too much about being in ketosis. Your body is craving what it's craving for a reason. :)

You may want to add some potassium citrate or gluconate and see if that helps. It calms the heart. Try to keep animals fats in your diet, some fat soluble vitamins and just do the best you can to stay low carb/paleo until you deliver.

Quick question; does eating tree nuts like walnuts, hazelnuts (filberts), cashews and legumes like peanuts work within the keto diet?

I love cashews and peanuts, I'm wondering if they are within the realm of acceptable choices for the keto diet?

Dylan said:
Quick question; does eating tree nuts like walnuts, hazelnuts (filberts), cashews and legumes like peanuts work within the keto diet?

I love cashews and peanuts, I'm wondering if they are within the realm of acceptable choices for the keto diet?

Have you tried taking them out of your diet for about a month and then reintroducing them? I am suggesting this because a lot of people are allergic to nuts but don't know it until the try elimination and reintroduction. Especially peanuts! But all nuts are toxic because they contain a whole lot of phytic acid.

There's a great article about keto-diet and nuts here, and the phytic acid I refer to:

Another Reason You Shouldn't Go Nuts on Nuts

It's best if you soak the nuts and then dehydrate them. That will get a bit of the bad stuff out. I've done macadamia nuts, as they have a lot of fat and are expensive so you don't eat much. I'm not sure if they would be a bit radioactive being grown in Hawaii. Almonds give me a bit of inflammation. I guess the only nut I am eating now is coconut, in the form of coconut oil and coconut milk.

Thanks! Gee whiz it looks like I'll be cutting back on my nut snacks! Here I thought they were a healthy alternative, but it looks like you'd almost be better off eating a bag of lays!

I am sad now.

wow, looks like I will also cut down on nuts!! I thought it was mostly peanuts to be avoided as they are legumes...

3D Student said:
It's best if you soak the nuts and then dehydrate them. That will get a bit of the bad stuff out. I've done macadamia nuts, as they have a lot of fat and are expensive so you don't eat much. I'm not sure if they would be a bit radioactive being grown in Hawaii. Almonds give me a bit of inflammation. I guess the only nut I am eating now is coconut, in the form of coconut oil and coconut milk.

Same here. I don't really eat nuts besides coconut but even coconut, I am not eating it regularly. Nuts just add extra carbs/protein in my diet and it is not worth eating it if you want to keep staying in ketosis (I know they taste good, but..). It might be hard to get over the cravings at the beginning, but after three to six weeks or so if you stick to the diet, they won't look as attractive as how used to.

Nuts seem pretty bad for everyone, I think if you can over eat any kind of food because you're enjoying it too much then it's a no-go, nuts are extremely addictive (especially cashews)

Back
Top Bottom