Melatonin

mark said:
Ryan's sig:
If there is no spoon, how do you eat soup?
We're IN the soup! I don't think we need to eat it -- instead, maybe what we need is an inter-density straw and a really strong well pump to send it back where it came from! ;)
Just a thought: Without a spoon, or a straw, we can simply pick up the bowl and DRINK the soup...which we can then choose to swallow or spit out, depending on how it 'tastes' to us.

Back to topic:

Melatonin also comes in different 'forms' and we may find that one works better for us than others. There are capsules, tablets, and sublingual tabs that are supposed to be dissolved under the tongue. Since it's widely available and relatively inexpensive, it may be worth experimenting with several different brands/formulas until you come across the one that works best for you. And of course, there's still the issue of 'finding' the optimum dosage. But, hey, it seems any knowledge worth having doesn't come easy. :D

Lucy

Hi all,

Just returned from the Natural Health Store here where I live in Auckland, New Zealand. I went there looking for Melatonin and was surprised to find that it is not sold in stores here. The lady behind the counter told me that melatonin was taken off store shelfs nation wide because apparently people were overdosing themselves on it!!

Vulcan59 said:
Hi all,

Just returned from the Natural Health Store here where I live in Auckland, New Zealand. I went there looking for Melatonin and was surprised to find that it is not sold in stores here. The lady behind the counter told me that melatonin was taken off store shelfs nation wide because apparently people were overdosing themselves on it!!
Overdosing huh? Right! Perhaps this is alluding to a trend in NZ of people taking higher than needed dosages for the hallucinogenic dreams? That could be considered recreation use of melatonin, I suppose. But not necessarily an "overdose" of melatonin.

As Laura says: "I've read that there is no "toxic" level. Extra is excreted."
And I've never come across anything to dispute that. Has anyone else?

So once again this seems to be an example of the PTB restricting those 'things' that may be useful for anyone who is waking up. If we look at the situation with smoking, we can see that when things 'happen' in one part of the world, they tend to move to other areas very quickly. I'm not a survivalist-type who recommends hoarding, or anything like that, but it may be this is something we need to keep track of, just in case we find ourselves in a positon where it would be prudent to 'stock up' on melatonin.

Right now it's widely available in the United States; they even sell it at Wal-Mart! Of course, that's no guarantee of future availability.

How about those of you in other countries...what's the situation where you live?

Lucy

Hi all,

I used to live in Singapore and I had no problems finding Melatonin there. However, I had run out of it and thought that I should be able to buy it here without any problems. Looks like I'll have to buy through an online store or get someone else to buy it overseas and bring it in for me.

On further checking on the restrictions here in New Zealand, I found that you can bring it in via mail order or other means but it's just not sold in any local pharmacy or health store. It's only available through a prescription.

Vulcan59 said:
On further checking on the restrictions here in New Zealand, I found that you can bring it in via mail order or other means but it's just not sold in any local pharmacy or health store. It's only available through a prescription.
Same here. I have to import my melatonin from online store from USA. Melatonin can only be sold with doctor's prescribtion here. Importing melatonin is restricted to 2 supplements per week. But that is ok. I can do more than 2 months with one supplement.

Laura said:
Half a milligram works for me. I've read that there is no "toxic" level. Extra is excreted.
Taking when? For communications with the C's or just regularly, or as a habit? I don't understand.

Fifth Way said:
Taking when? For communications with the C's or just regularly, or as a habit? I don't understand.
Typically melatonin is used to help aid sleep, so I assume that before bed is when it should be taken.

Fifth Way, It's a chemical that the human body produces naturally to help the sleep process. Some people's bodies don't produce enough or don't produce it at the correct time, so taking it as a supplement helps to induce natural sleep soon after the melatonin is taken. Many people use it while traveling to "reset" their internal clock that regulates the sleep cycle... :)

Justin & beau:

Thanks for your reply, but that part I know (see my own post higher up). I'm referring to the Cs mentioning that it helps with e.s.p./4D-awareness somehow and Laura said she uses 0.5 mg. So if that (enhanced e.s.p./4D-awareness) is what I want to utilize Melatonin for, how do I get about it? I don't think of the good old short-cut trick here (I do plenty of other work as well). But whatever works may be worth a try.

Fifth Way said:
Justin & beau:

Thanks for your reply, but that part I know (see my own post higher up). I'm referring to the Cs mentioning that it helps with e.s.p./4D-awareness somehow and Laura said she uses 0.5 mg. So if that (enhanced e.s.p./4D-awareness) is what I want to utilize Melatonin for, how do I get about it? I don't think of the good old short-cut trick here (I do plenty of other work as well). But whatever works may be worth a try.
During my early adjustments with melatonin, I got some extra-ordinary lucid dreams. It felt like a mild halucinogenic/psychedelic trips. These happened during the first few months using melatonin. Although my main goal using melatonin was to use it as natural sleeping pill.

Many of my friends are musicians, and composers who have a hard time sleeping. They often complain how the music in their heads don't let them sleep. I suppose I will have them read about Melatonin, see what can they do about. Thank you all.-

Realmhiker

John Chang said:
Now, next step: remove all CRT monitors from immediate environment and replace with flat panels. I assume flat panels are better than CRTs?
They have the following advantages:
- no scattered radiation since no field accelerated electrons are involved
- far lower intensity magnetic fields.

Don't lose track of the following:
- flourescent tubes are currently used as a backlight for lcd monitors (led solutions are in the works). That means that you're watching an AC based light emitting device (50/60Hz)
- it is still a grounded device which means that anybody with the technology to modulate the ground potential (think HAARP) can affect you.

Cheers,
Dominique.

I just don't have any TV's or computer monitors in my bedroom. But I recall that when I lived in a garçoniere in Vienna, I had my laptop near by. I don't know whether it was the bed, or the computer (eventhough it was closed), but I never got a good night sleep the whole 7 months I lived there. Also, I felt the city was haunted, and eventhough I don't have trouble believing and dealing with entities, the lack of sleep did take a toll on me.

It seems that the only way to avoid being affected by HAARP is via a space shuttle!

As for Melatonin, many countries only seem to supply it homeopathically, which despite the amount in mg, is highly diluted. In Australia for example, pharmaceutical quality is illegal, but can be imported (example: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/melatonin.html).

Personally, I would stay away from natural, animal or bovine grade melatonin as it contains actual extracts of the pineal gland from animals. Who knows what sort of viruses or proteins you could ingest? Pharmaceutical grade is molecularly identical to the melatonin we produce in our own bodies - without any unwanted extras.

I haven't done much research on the comparison between grades/qualities. Does anyone know more?

Yeah, I always get the ones that say "suitable for vegetarians."

Nathan said:
It seems that the only way to avoid being affected by HAARP is via a space shuttle!

Personally, I would stay away from natural, animal or bovine grade melatonin as it contains actual extracts of the pineal gland from animals. Who knows what sort of viruses or proteins you could ingest? Pharmaceutical grade is molecularly identical to the melatonin we produce in our own bodies - without any unwanted extras.

I haven't done much research on the comparison between grades/qualities. Does anyone know more?

Back
Top Bottom