Melatonin

Realmhiker said:
Many of my friends are musicians, and composers who have a hard time sleeping. They often complain how the music in their heads don't let them sleep.
If they deal with electronic instruments with amplifiers, pre-amps etc., there are some heavy electric fields there, especially if they play into the night. The signal that comes out as music also has a strong electrical component as well as a sonic one, in that case, and gets imprinted directly on the nervous system. It certainly would disrupt the sleep cycle, and I believe Melatonin would help. There's also the issue of eating carbohydrates or sugars before bed-time, which is guaranteed to disrupt sleep.

Personally, I am extremely sensitive to electric fields and have to put the bed at least three feet away from power outlets and do not even use an electric clock. Even a TV or a monitor on in the next room can have a carry-over effect. Sleep basically discharges the nervous system from accumulated ionic charges and molecular toxins, and electric fields inhibit its healing function.

domivr said:
John Chang said:
Now, next step: remove all CRT monitors from immediate environment and replace with flat panels. I assume flat panels are better than CRTs?
They have the following advantages:
- no scattered radiation since no field accelerated electrons are involved
- far lower intensity magnetic fields.

Don't lose track of the following:
- flourescent tubes are currently used as a backlight for lcd monitors (led solutions are in the works). That means that you're watching an AC based light emitting device (50/60Hz)
- it is still a grounded device which means that anybody with the technology to modulate the ground potential (think HAARP) can affect you.

Cheers,
Dominique.
Well, considering I work in what seems like a forest of cellphones, I guess I do what I can. At some point soon, I want to change that, so that I'm not near either a cellphone or a cellphone tower. I didn't like the things that much from the start (they disturbed me at some deeper level) and now that I have confirmation that they're evil, I want nothing to do with them anymore. Same thing with wifi - no more untethered laptops. UTP is your friend. And it's more secure, not that there's any real security in Flatland.

And I've been doing research on what type of filtration systems remove fluoride, and from what I've gathered, you must have either RO + carbon or steam distillation + carbon. Anything less, and you're getting fluoride. Guess what the water cooler at work does? Carbon only. And bottled water from the vending machine (which is RO+carbon filtered) is $1 a bottle. Funny, the same sized soda bottles are only $.25 Almost like someone is making certain choices easy in my life, and other choices hard.

But I am an ornery and persistent person and when I've decided to swim upstream, I'm going to keep swimming until I'm dead. I've worked out a deal with a coworker, who doesn't like getting up to get water, and we both share a 5gal water jug from a local water shop. And I made sure they did RO + carbon.

The C's on melatonin:

Session 941028:
Q: (L) Why should we take the Melatonin?
A: Is mild hallucinogen.
Q: (L) Why do we need this?
A: Keeps exercising psychic abilities and opens paths. Don't
be alarmed by vividly erotic dreams.
Q: (L) Should we expect to have vividly erotic dreams?
A: Possible as psyche passes through levels on ascension.

Session 941116:
Q: (L) When L*** took the Melatonin the other night, how
come he was unable to sleep?
A: Adjusting to the melatonin.

Session 941119:
Q: (T) I have not been remembering most of my dreams.
A: Try melatonin; avoid any antidepressants. Some have
suggested.

Session 960609
Q: (L) Why does melatonin induce these openings?
A: Gentle hallucinogen.
Q: (L) SV's mother took it and got all discombobulated with
it!
A: Perception is key. If you really "dig" 3rd density, it makes
you uncomfortable to see into the higher densities.
Q: (L) Can one use something like this and grow accustomed
to the higher densities?
A: Ask Timothy Leary.

I bought some melatonin this week. I took just one pill of 3 miligrams before going to bed. I had an almost normal night sleep. I just was yawning a little than usual. However, the next day, I felt more intune, creative. Especially in my music, I saw things and things became easier. I was surprised. Normally my fingers seem to never want to obey my brain when it comes to playing the piano. I was able to play as though my fingers and mind were the same thing. Also, music analysis was easier, and faster. Anyway, that is my experience so far.

I have been taking melatonin 3mg for 4 nights now.
I didn't notice anything different until last night, when I woke up 3 times during the same night feeling perfectly fresh which was pretty weird. I will keep the 3mg for 3 more nights and see what happens.
If it continues like that, I guess I'll start taking 1.5mg.
Another curious thing is that I remembered 4 different dreams in the same night.

After gathering a lot of information about Melatonine (this molecule is not distributed in France so it carries a kind of suspect reputation), I've started taking it last Friday (3mg before going to bed).

So far, the effects are strikening :
* very vivid dreams (including erotic ones, about this point the Cs were right :-)))
* the dreams are far easier to remember (so much that I have started writing them down)
* It is as if I have dozens of dreams in one single night
* however I usually need roughly 8 hours sleep but with melatonine I need 10+ hours so I will drop to 1 mg per night.

I went for Bio**a brand. On your opinion is it a reliable brand ?

I think that melatonin is useful in having a more useful sleep, in which one can remember dreams and even have lucid dreams. I have a bottle of sublimal (spelling?) melatonin (6mg) that I have taken on occasion. However, I'm going to take in regularly from now on and experiment with it. I think the 6mg might be too much though, as I limit my sleep to 6-7 hours a night.

Namaste

The vivid dream only lasted several weeks. After that my body will get adjusted to the melatonin. 1,5 mg is enough to reduce migraine attacks from once per month to once per year. And the migraine attack is less severe. When switching to 3mg I got vivid dreams again for several weeks. I don't sleep longer. I live in a noisy city and there is too much light in my room in the morning. I'm a very light sleeper.

Hi. DMT is a powerful hallucinogen (ayahusca is based on it) that we all have in our brains. Melatonina is related to it as it follows:

(...) evolutionarily, we produce less DMT than our ancestors. But I think it's more likely that our ancestors had an intrinsically higher level of pineal activity, because they did not live in an environment with artificial lighting. Light destroys, and melatonin is the pineal precursor to 5melatonin-MeO-DMT and pinoline, a 13-carboline that can shift serotonin metabolism toward the "methylation pathway" when it normally would be degraded by MAO (mono-amine oxidase).Dennis McKenna

The C's oppinions about entheogens are ambiguous (but in the other hand, they quote shamans in her transmissions, who are the masters in the use of these substances). I would like to hear more on the subject.

I took melatonin for a time. It did help me get deeper more restful sleep. I found though that it caused problems with short term memory during the day. When I quit melatonin the my memory became sharper. I now take DHEA at bed time. It I fall asleep almost instantly. Wake up fresh.
Dreams are most vivid for me on nights when I am less tired and go to sleep with a kind of inner turbulance or anticipation.

sinimat said:
I think that melatonin is useful in having a more useful sleep, in which one can remember dreams and even have lucid dreams. I have a bottle of sublimal (spelling?) melatonin (6mg) that I have taken on occasion. However, I'm going to take in regularly from now on and experiment with it. I think the 6mg might be too much though, as I limit my sleep to 6-7 hours a night.

Namaste
People need to adjust their dosage to fit individual needs. I tried taking 3mg at night for a few days and begun to feel really 'spacy' during the day. Didn't like that much, so I droped the dosage to .75mg (1/4 of a tablet). I still get all the side effects (difficulty in getting to sleep and the occassional erotic dream), especially if I take a break from it and restarted it again.

Melatonin is really good for international travel (jetlag) and shift work. It makes 'resetting' your body clock much, much easier. As far as the psychic phenomena goes, I guess everyone's an individual in this matter and sometimes it takes a 'concert' of things working together to produce noticable changes.

Hi Thomas.

As Ruth suggested, a lower dosage of Melatonin would be a better option. As for DHEA, I would recommend the following article:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/delgado2.htm

You will come across some disturbing information regarding why DHEA is promoted so heavily and why doubt is cast upon Melatonin. The most interesting part is the end of the article so read it all!

Nathan: I have taken DHEA as part my health program for about 10 years now. It undoubtedly increases testosterone levels (my blood screenings show it) but I have not found that it makes me especially violent. It and other things I do for my health give me a feeling of well being and vigor. (not to mention filling in my bald spot). Without maintaining DHEA and testosterone levels as we get older depression and deterioration are certain. (Less time to awaken.)

DHEA is not suitible for young people. They produce enough and supplemental would of course be harmful. I thought the drugs being given to children these day were to keep them docile and compliant not to stimulate violence.

In one of the readings it suggested that melatonin is a mild hallucinogin. Why would anyone in the Fourth Way wish to hallucinate? Isn't it about truth and objectivity? Seeing the world as it is and not participating it's fantasies?

Thomas Alan said:
In one of the readings it suggested that melatonin is a mild hallucinogin. Why would anyone in the Fourth Way wish to hallucinate? Isn't it about truth and objectivity? Seeing the world as it is and not participating it's fantasies?
Well seeing the 3d-world "as it is". The C

Back
Top Bottom