Richard Dolan

Richard Dolan on Magick Mind Radio - Aug 14, 2006

alchemy said:
* Richard was also asked who he thought was a trustworthy researcher, and he immediately cited Leonard Stringfield (his book is "Situation Red: The UFO Siege") and to a lesser degree, Phillip Corso. Also a pretty good discussion and perspective on Bob Lazar and his disclosures.
My favourite part: when Dolan said what he 'thought' (didn't 'know') was up w/ UFOs. Underground bases, 'growing' humans, sending them up to the surface. !

Some clarifications: he didn't really say that Corso was trustworthy, just that he wasn't as UNtrustworthy as some make him out to be. It could have been his co-author, Birnes, who was unreliable. Stringfield is also author of a lot of crashed UFO booklets (available at Linda Howe's site, if you subsribe).

Dolan - awesome

domivr said:
I also got some new information out of it, since in the show he pointed out Richard Sauder's work on underground bases, which is something I hadn't heard about or was familiar with.
Not to get off topic here, but does anyone know what has happened to Richard Sauder's website? I looked in on it a couple (or more) years ago and it was all about underground bases. Now it is about furniture and stuff. No underground bases. Does he have a different website other than sauderzone now. When I google it I get other people's sites that reference him.

Dolan - awesome

Craig said:
There's an update from Dolan on volume two... looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer.

http://keyholepublishing.com/Volume Two Progress Report.htm
Ha!
He says he’s having a difficult time with the size of the book at 500 pages. Not sure whether to split it into two. Well he's less than two thirds of the way to Secret History!!!

Seriously, I have read the first Volume and look forward to the second (and/or third?).

Dolan - awesome

Lynne said:
Not to get off topic here, but does anyone know what has happened to Richard Sauder's website? I looked in on it a couple (or more) years ago and it was all about underground bases. Now it is about furniture and stuff. No underground bases. Does he have a different website other than sauderzone now. When I google it I get other people's sites that reference him.
someone has take his URL. its just a useless 'spam' site now. doesn't look like he's got himself a new one - top three googles on his name, are coast2coast, cassiopaea and rense.

Dolan - awesome

In late spring last year I noticed the sauderzone website switch and emailed Richard Dolan about it since he mentioned in the interview (link posted above) that they talked regularly and are friends. He said (from my memory) that R. Sauder's site went down due to a problem with the equipment that hosts it and that it should be back up in a month. I'm not sure why it didn't come back up.

Dolan - awesome

Thanks guys, I was just curious since I had liked his sight at the time, but got onto other things and never went back. Then, when I did, it was gone. And googling it, as sleepyvinny said, brings up, basically, nothing.

TRANSCRIPT #74 - Richard Dolan : UFO's and the National Security State

74. Richard Dolan : UFO's and the National Security State

Announcer: This is radio free Signs of the Times...broadcasting into the heart of an occupied America.

Henry : Welcome to this week's Signs-of-the-Time podcast. I'm Henry.

Joe: I'm Joe.

Scott: And I'm Scott.

H: We are here this week with our special guest Richard Dolan, the author of UFO's and the National Security State. Volume one of Richard's book covered the years 1941 to 1973 and he is currently writing his second volume that will bring the story up to date. Maybe we will be able to get a little glimpse of some of the things that he'll be talking about in that book. We came across Richard's work oh back in 2001, 2002 and we were pretty amazed by what he had been able to come up with and we've been wanting to get a hold of him for several years and we've finally been able to do it. So, hi Rich.

RD: Hi Henry, Joe, Scott, thank you for having me here.

H: So you're weren't involved or weren't interested in UFOs when you began your research, were you?

RD: Not particularly. I grew up with what I think would be an average level of interest in this topic compared with most people. In other words I wasn't really a hard core believer and I wasn't a sceptic.

I had an interest as a child from having seen a few “In Search Of” episodes with Leonard Nimoy. I remember thinking, that's a cool show and I grew up like everybody else with shows like Star Trek and that sort of thing but I never really thought in any serious way about the UFO phenomenon.

I went through undergraduate and then graduate school, focusing on political history primarily and history and philosophy and literature and it wasn't until I was in my 30's - I was doing graduate work in history at the University of Rochester - Lot of cold war studies in which, at which time I - this question hit me. And it was a very conservative question.

I was in a book store with my wife and I chanced across Timothy Good's very excellent book “Above Top Secret”, subtitled “The World Wide UFO Cover Up”. I remember this very well. It was 1993, '94. This book was staring me right in the face and I picked it up and I thought “Oh wow, cool”. I remember flipping through the book, seeing names that I recognised, CIA directors and military generals and so on. People, some of whose diaries I had studied like James Forrestal, Secretary of Defence but ...

H: Because at that time your interest was at the cold war?

RD: Absolutely

H: then National Security State.

RD: Right. And here is Timothy Good dropping names and departments that I had studied but in a completely different context and I had this feeling immediately of what I occasionally call schizophrenic society, schizophrenic culture, where there is an official truth and the official truth is: "none of this stuff is real, all of it is nonsense"m and then you find, seemingly very intelligent, well informed, serious people who do take it seriously. And everybody, in the course of their lives, has come across claims by high level military people or alleged insiders who've taken UFOs seriously.

So I had this crystallized moment in my life in which I just asked myself, "I really want to know if this is a serious topic or not". Because if it is serious, then why have I not read about it in any academic history book ever?

Even if it was a mistake, even if you go back to 1915, you discover that a three star general was really worried about UFOs as something unexplained. Would it not be interesting to go back to that moment, to be a fly on the wall of that general's office and find out why he would be taking it seriously? How could that not be interesting in the context of the cold war and so on?

And so that was really, my very conservative entry point into this field. I didn't just want to know "what are UFOs?" necessarily, I just wanted to know "was it a valid historical topic?" And that turned out to be the kind of crow bar by which I pried my way into this field.

H: And then how long did it take you to go from there to realising that, yes there was something there and it might be something that is fairly important?

RD: Not particularly long, to tell you the truth. What happened was, I went in, I read, I picked up Timothy Good's book and I read it and I remembered thinking, “wow, can this be true”? Can that be true? Could there have been a Portuguese Air Force encounter with a UFO that actually did that? Or could there have been this US military encounter? In other words, it was one military encounter after another that really got my attention. Could this director of scientific intelligence for the CIA really have said that to his boss, that this phenomenon involves a truly unexplained phenomenon that doesn't involve any known technology? You know, you know, statements that are just, really out there but that seems to be true and it turns out were true.

So within a few months, I was... I was deep into it. What had started out as a personal pet side-project, kept growing and growing. And one thing I did early on was I started taking very methodical notes. Every source, every book that I read, I essentially extracted a chronological database. So I go through each book, checked off a fact of interest and put it down in my file. And each...

H: Uh hmm, and your background as a historian coming out...

RD: Exactly. And then each new datum that I thought was important, I put in chronological order and the real thing that saved me was that I cited each one. So every, everything was annotated and cited. So when I went back, I knew exactly where I got my particular fact from that I could cross check and so forth. The next thing I knew, I had gone through 20, then 30, then 50 then a 100 different sources and it kept growing and the next thing I knew I had this enormous factual, chronological database.

Now, you know, not every single fact that I put into my database turned out to be true. You have to judge and evaluate. But it turned out be an incredibly useful exercise for me because what I quickly saw was that, most books on this topic are not constructed in a chronological way. Not exactly. And by putting a lot of different sources in one huge database, I felt that I was able to see patterns that I might not have seen otherwise. For example, the connections between UFO cover-up and a lot of other covert types of activities that were going on in the United States in the 1940s, 50s and 60s. Seems... there seems to be a lot of dovetailing that turned out be useful when I was writing my book.

Make a long story short though, what started out as a pet project, morphed into this 500 page book. A book that I wrote as a historical narrative. I tried to do as little opinionated - opinion editorialising - as I could and I really tried in a detached way to write what seems to be a factually based history and that's the result.

So the book in a sense asks a couple of basic questions: Is there a UFO phenomenon that's legitimate? The answer is yes.

What is legitimate about it? Well there are certain military documents, government documents, that we have that cannot be argued. They are real. They indicate a phenomenon that doesn't have any conventional logical explanation but yet seems to have existed; seems to have been taken seriously.

Third question is, why was this a big deal? And one answer among several is that it involved a national security problem which was - there were many of these objects violating airspace that you just don't go in and violate. Whether it's the Oak Ridge nuclear facility or Los Alamos or innumerable air force bases, naval air stations, army bases; objects going in, seen visually, tracked at times on radar, sometimes both, attempted intercepts; how much more serious do you want to get in the context of the early cold war?

So once I really saw that there was this very, very big thing, I knew I was on to something that was big, it was important and that I was not going to let go of.

J: When you were following your studies on the cold war, were you aware, before you came across any of this evidence for UFO phenomenon, were you aware of the existing proposed reality of UFOs in terms of, or what is today known as, the kind of the fringe UFO community or the UFO production community, were you aware of that? I mean most people are aware, have some awareness of UFOs....

RD: I had very little knowledge of any of that, Joe. I didn't even know, really, the full dimensions of the Roswell story. All, at that point in 1993, I had heard the word Roswell, the name Roswell. I really wouldn't have been able to tell you much of anything about it to be honest with you, none of the names. As far as the abduction phenomenon, yes, I was aware of an alleged abduction phenomenon, but I didn't know a lot about it...

H: Would you say that you were more, that you were pretty sceptical about the whole thing or were you just completely open minded?

RD: I would say that I was open minded but I was not a believer or a disbeliever. I was someone who... where this was, an interesting possibility that I had not really tried to assimilate into my world, which I think a lot of people do this; like, you might watch a documentary on television about UFOs and at the end of it scratch your head and think, well that was interesting and then you'd file it away and you don't try to assimilate it into your world view. I think most people do that and I think that's what I did. I did, I had a copy somehow of Whitley Strieber's book “Communion” which I picked up sometime in the late 1980's. The book was still fairly new, but even that book didn't really have a major impact on me. I remembered reading it and I thought, well that's interesting but I had no framework in which to make a judgment about it. And so I just sort of let it go,

J: And of course you like...

RD: Once again resonated with it.

J: Yeah, you, like part of, like most people were influenced by the depiction of UFOs in common, in popular culture. They are generally derided or they're... "it's science fiction".

RD: Yeah right.

J: So it would be right to say, it was only when you started to come across official documents that you kind of were forced in a way to sit up and take notice of it?

RD: That's exactly right.

J: Because otherwise, like the rest of the population, just dismiss it as sci-fi, you know kooks, whackos.

RD: Excellent point. Well I had a - there was a sense that - I had this sense that there was something meaty behind this, that there was a weighty issue behind it but I didn't know anything about it. In other words, you know I'd heard of rumours and claims that there was a military component to it but to be fair, I really didn't know much about it and it was just not part of my consciousness. I mean in those days I was in my like mid-twenties, I was working on a lot of other intellectual problems in my life: German history, Soviet history, US diplomacy, whatever - and the UFO issue just was never, ever, in academic culture, never,

H: Laughing...

RD: Never; you don't do it.

H: You are not going to get tenure if you talk about UFOs.

RD: God no. You won't, you wouldn't even get it if you were to get into other so called conspiracies theories like even the Kennedy assassination.

I remember very early in the, in the early 1990s, I was a fairly experienced graduate student chatting with a tenured professor who was - we were talking a little bit about the Kennedy assassination - just came up and it turned out that he believed very firmly in the lone gunman theory, Oswald acting alone. And this professor was a very liberal, kind of left leaning professor, at least in academic culture. And he discovered that I did not believe; I did believe that there was a conspiracy to kill Kennedy. And at one point in the conversation, he gave me this look like, “Oh, you are a conspiracy theorist” and I instinctively knew, I better chill out right now because if I go any further with this I am not going to have much of a career in the academic world.

So that's something as mundane as the Kennedy assassination and there were very distinct limits as far as how far you go, UFOs are completely off the map.

H: Yeah no kidding....

J: It's amazing how they've associated essentially any belief in conspiracy theories with fragility of mind almost. You are looked on as though you are essentially not able for any kind of an official position in the world of academia because essentially you are slightly unbalanced. If you...

RD: It's mystifying in a way because even.. you've got, you've the left wing and the right wing professors. So look at the left wing ones first. These are people who look, tend to look somewhat critically at a, for example the United States government in a lot of ways - foreign policy - and they are not afraid to talk about even things like US imperialism abroad. They'll do it. They'll talk about corporate domination of the world and yet they stop at a certain point and it's almost as if they fail to see that people who are at the top would ever, ever work together covertly for their own end. Well of course, I mean conspiracies in a sense are part of standard organisational culture. But within academia, you'll almost never find studies of the intelligence community, ever. It's very rare. And there is, so there is very little acknowledgment even in the academic literature, of academic relationship to say the intelligence community like the CIA. There is only a handful of books that discuss these things. So...

H: What I like about this types on the left where, as far as they can go is that, Bush and the Bush administration just capitalized on it.

RD: Oh well like 911...

H: You know, they took advantage of 911

RD: Right, exactly.

H: ... or whatever and then they say, “oh conspiracies you know, if there were conspiracies, it would come out, you know. They wouldn't be able to keep the conspiracies secret.”

RD: Right.

H: And then you go, “Yeah, well look you know here is somebody over here talking about it, here is somebody over here talking about it.” There are all sorts of people who, who are talking about these things and

RD: Right, right...

H: ,,, and it's there in front of your nose and they, they....

RD: And also there are some very good studies on the centralisation and consolidation of main stream media alright. This is very - got a great academic literature. It's very well understood that, look it's a lot easier to control main stream media if you only have 5 or 10 major organisations to deal with as oppose to say 200, fifty years ago. Alright so, and yet there is not, there doesn't seem to be a corresponding recognition that it's easier now to manipulate main stream news. That in other words main stream news could possible be complicit in cover ups. There is, academicians and off course media, are not willing to go there.

So it's frustrating for people like us, we can see it and whether it's with 911 or with the UFO cover up, both of these are issues that are well beyond the pale.

It's one reason, when I started you know to get back to writing this book of mine, the process of writing this book was in a sense my divorce from the academic community because I started researching it, I was still very much involved in my graduate studies and it was about after one year, I was doing both at the same time. I was doing, I was still trying to do a Phd dissertation in US cold war strategies circa 1950, at the same time I was doing all this UFO stuff, and I kept thinking of this schizophrenic reality: the UFO reality and the official reality, and I became convinced that there was a UFO reality and I - it was increasingly disturbing to me and dissonant for me to try to look at the one and then the other. And it was at the end of that first year, there are no jobs for historians anyway; I really didn't want to drag my family around begging for some adjunct instructing position somewhere. So, I said "I'm out". It was a tough decision personally. It was the hardest decision I ever had to make in my life up to that point but I am very glad that I did it and it really liberated me then to dive into this field. Writing this book really was the dissertation that I wanted to do. And it took me into, into a realm of what - I now call myself an independent scholar - and much more liberated, I think, than I could have been in the world at the university.

H: (Laughing) To put it mildly.

RD: Yeah.

H: In the book, you talk about the fact that because you've got the US military scrambling jets to chase after these objects that are going over highly sensitive areas, that that indicates that the government itself is taking this very very seriously.

RD: Right, yeah.

H: That also suggest that some of the, that the people that say that the government is in cahoots with whatever is out there, might also have to be looked at in a different light because you wouldn't be scrambling all of these jets up, if you knew what they were and these were your close space brother buddies.

RD: That's a good point. It makes it a very problematic explanation to say that we are in cahoots with them. I go back and forth because there are, there are inside leaks and rumours you hear this frequently enough, that indicate there is supposedly some level of collaboration. I think it's possible that there is, actually. On the other hand, it's undeniable what we know for sure, is that there is a history of confrontation as well, and this goes back right to the beginning and it has continued to our own day, right into the 21st century. There are account after account after account, many of this in the military documentation, others simply multiple eye witness accounts but they are consistent, which show exotic objects being chased by our own aircraft. And not just US military but military of other nations have a long history. France, Soviet Union, China, all of the NATO countries, South Africa, Iran, and other nations have had their jet fighters engaged at various points in history with these objects, that seemingly out classed..

H: Any reports from Israel on this?

RD: There are, I don't know. There are Israeli UFO reports. I'm not, of the top of my head, aware of encounters with the Israeli air force with UFOs, but in the late 1990s, there was a wave of very bizarre and interesting UFO encounters in Israel including some interesting triangular aircraft.

H: We came across an interesting Israeli link, in a recent false flag operation that Joe wrote about where one of the people who was involved in kind of spotting, what was it, whose..?

J: Yeah he was a guy who was on - hired or the paid, appeared to be paid - anyway when you look at the story, first responder or eyewitness to an alleged Palestinian suicide bombing, the last one in Alat? down in south Israel and this guy was right there. He was corroborating all of the official story from an eyewitness point of view and he, we dug up some more information and found out that he was also involved in what turned out to be essentially faking UFO encounters quite elaborately actually in Israel.

RD: What is his name, I'm sorry?

J: I can't remember off the top of my head right now, but I can, I'll look it up and well...

RD: That's bizarre. So faking UFO encounters and also faking, you are saying an encounter with a....

J: Well essentially faking Palestinian suicide bombings

RD: Palestinian suicide bombings?

J: ... or having a part in that.

RD: Well that sounds like an intelligence operation does it not gentlemen?

H: Yes.

RD: Yeah, I think it does.

J: So you could link to......

H: Probably it's an argument from somebody on that?

J: Yeah, this is one of the things we've talked about a little recently. With Richard, it's just the idea of everything being, when you really look into it, you start seeing this threads that link so many different things, so many bizarre and what are called conspiracy theories in our world across the board, they all now and again or more and more you see the the links between them, between the people within them...

RD: There are more connections than I would have ever thought. Writing this book and then being in this field has required me to rip away layer after layer of illusion and every time I get to a new layer, I think okay maybe I've got it and then, you know another year goes by and I learn some other major thing and “krrraaakkk” there goes the next layer. And so now I am at, you know I started out with the point of, I just want to know is there a UFO reality and possible cover up but you can't just stop there, at least I couldn't and that takes you into this entire nether world, the black covert world. And what I find, and I think what a lot of us here have found is that, that there is an enormous, I don't think people fully, I don't think most people appreciate how massive and powerful and wealthy this subterranean covert spy world, lets call it, is. There are billions and billions and trillions of dollars apparently that have gone missing from our official global economy and have gone, well, where? Good question.

We know for sure that there are a huge number in the United States of black ops, that is, covert operations that aren't suppose to exist but do, that appear to have enormous sums of money with no oversight. So fill in the blanks guys, what does that mean? There are groups that are able to have tremendous leeway in pursuing activities that are in their interest without the rest of us knowing about it. That could include all kinds of covert responses to UFOs of a wide range, that can include, hey things like 911, that can include all kinds of covert biological weapons testing or mind control experiments or false flag operations. The thing is, it's difficult to get a handle on because officially these, these activities don't exist but researchers know that they do exist and so, we are up against an enemy, lets call them that. They are an enemy that hasn't officially revealed themselves, it's like that there are, you know like in the movie the “Predator” the guy who - the alien - who is invisible. That's like what we are going against. These guys in a way, they are almost invisible because they don't get, they don't get any major media attention and they don't want us to be looking at them, but they are very powerful.

J: Uh hmm. When I think about the whole UFO phenomenon and what you've uncovered through your research and in your book I, it seems that there are various levels of evidence lets say, or strengths of evidence, for a UFO conspiracy, the strongest perhaps being the official documented evidence of US fighter planes chasing objects that they clearly don't know what they are.

RD: And with a great....

J: ... and to try and apprehend them

J: And that's a strong, I mean that's pretty bullet proof right there.

J: From there you build and you go into more evidence and it starts to get maybe a little more...

RD: Speculative perhaps?

J: Yeah or dubious or it's hearsay, or it's reports of what someone said, or an official said but there is maybe no documentary evidence per se. But even if we just keep it at the official level or the strongest level of evidence, basically, and even if we take the least conspiratorial theory that we based on that evidence that is that, they are craft that appear not to be of this world or of human making lets say, that are visiting and have been for quite sometime, now I wonder why in that situation what is the answer to the question of why would the government want to keep that? If that was just where it stopped, if that's all they knew, why would they even want to keep that piece of evidence? I don't know, I am just..

RD: Why would they want to hide the...

J: Hidden from the public

RD: From the discussion.

J: Why would that have to be secret? If that's all it was, lets just imagine that, that is all it is, that's just to the, that's to the level to which it has got to at this point: where the only thing that the governments of this world know is that there are these craft that visit the planet and that they are a bunch of technology that we don't understand? Why do they want to keep that secret?

RD: Well the umm, that's exactly the question that dominated the field for the first 30 years or so. In other words there was no recognition in the 1940s and 50s, 60s and 70s that we had acquired hardware from them. This was not up for consideration. The question was, the government seems to be hiding what it knows, that there appear to be aliens here on this planet with us, possibly surveilling us or you know, watching us in some way, maybe some limited interactions, so the question was, why wouldn't the government just come out with it? We are grown ups, we can handle it, we are not all going to jump out of buildings. And so the dominant explanation on that level that you often hear is, well they are afraid of social panic, threat to religious beliefs and so forth.

In fact I don't believe, I mean I don't think that's why there is secrecy.

I do believe - it becomes a much more serious proposition if you have hardware that you have acquired than if you don't have hardware. And what has come out since the late 1970s increasingly is account after account after account of individuals who have claimed to have witnessed either the retrieval of a UFO crash or a dead alien body in cryogenic storage, for example at Wright Patterson Air Force base or any other number of stories directly linking to alien technology. And what I think has happened is that, like, pretend that you are the president of the United States in 1947; you are Harry Truman. And your top adviser informs you that, “Well sir, we have apparently recovered technology that does not appear to be manufactured by human hands.” So now as the president, you have to decide what you do about this information. Do you tell the world? I think that the answer is "no". And the answer... because we know historically the United States was not willing to share atomic technology with the world. This was a big issue at that time. The United Nations in 1947 in fact was asking the US to make atomic technology under international control because it was considered too important for any one nation to have. America's answer was, “No, this is the quickest way to give it to the Soviets and we don't want to do that.” So there was no willingness to share atomic technology. I can't imagine why they would want to share something as exotic as alien technology. The best way to keep that to yourself is to keep it secret and what I believe Harry Truman and his successors did was to gather his top advisor's around him and say, “Figure out what we are going to do here. Figure out how we are going to utilize this technology if we can. And by the way figure out who these other beings are. Do I have anything to worry about?” I think that is the logical thing that you would do and that's is not an irresponsible thing.

The problem is that, as time goes on, secrecy has it's own momentum and it's own profitability. So what happened, what I believe happened, is that - and this is the crux of the secrecy - to exploit that technology, I think, you have to farm it out to private industry, corporate players, who have the scientist and the R&D personnel. They got the engineers. They can try to replicate this or at least understand it and come up with their own nifty little ideas and this is like the goose that lays golden eggs for these guys. They have no incentive for sharing their knowledge of this technology with anyone because they are making a mint of off it.

That's what I think it comes down to and increasingly, in every other aspect of our society, analysts are able to see how corporations and private money has taken over the international political structure and that includes national governments. You know everyone talks about the revolving door between the Pentagon and private defence contractors. That's a no brainer. So this is a very attractive option for secrecy as you privatise the money and a small little clique of people are making a huge amount of money off this technology and they have no incentive for sharing this with the world. So that's, I think a big part of the motivation for the secrecy. And the other one: that I would just say is, the longer you lie about this, the harder it becomes, the more of a of a public relations nightmare it's gonna be to let this out because you have to then explain why you've lied. And you open up a can of worms of related topics it’s not going to be easy to deal with publicly.

J: One of the things that occurred to me was, at the beginning, when you began to answer that question, you mentioned some of the plausible reasons as to why they would keep say, just the evidence that there are apparently non-terrestrial craft flying in our skies and we can't catch them. You mentioned religion as a plausible explanation. Now I think that just that fact alone, if they were to release that fact, that would immediately blow open the myth that really underpins a lot of religions - well the major world religions - in that, we are alone in the universe. We are God’s special creation and you know, people say that the flat “earthers” are long since dead but I mean there is that idea, those archaic kinds of completely misinformed ideas; these still underpin the major world religions. I mean, Christianity still says.....

RD: Although not Islam actually. Islam which recognises the extra-terrestrial reality according to Koran.

J: Yeah, but the thing is that, it basically blows open that myth of religion and would - these people that keep this secrets probably very quickly came to the conclusion that it would - do away with, quite possible very quickly, do away with say Christianity and…

RD: Well yeah we can be grown ups here and recognise that the Christian religion has been used for two thousand years as major support for political power. I mean, that's not a radical thing to say. And so by undermining the religion, you undermine the structure of power.

J: Yeah, and they don't want to do that

RD: No.

J: And that points very directly to the nature of government, the nature of the power structure on the planet. I am just trying to get back to basics here in a way and to kind of, because this is something that I think a lot of people don't really want to accept is that, the purpose of major world religions and of governments - and they are all essentially linked together - is to control the population.

RD: I testify brother, that's right! (laughing)

J: And for me, this little piece of evidence that can be logically inferred from the facts in your book points to - it's almost like a smoking gun - to the nature of government, the nature of religion: to control the populations. And once you've got there, once you've got to that point, once you've accepted that and there is not really any wiggle room anymore, well there you go; once you establish that as a reality, well then you are in trouble, cause you've got to start asking yourself what else? What other tactics, what other data have they been keeping from the population across the board to essentially maintain ther goal that they have, that is established, by what I am saying: to control the population? That's the nature of government.

RD: Yeah. I think it's control. The UFO phenomenon didn't just fall into anyone's lap. It fell into the lap of a powerful, national security apparatus and that apparatus was the United States military industrial complex; lets call it that. So this wasn't just any old organisation that had to deal with it. These are the guys with the resources and the intelligence, I mean these are very brilliant people and they had to decide what to do about this. The UFO phenomenon threatened their status, I think there is no question about that.

The interesting thing is trying to understand the attitude of the UFO operators themselves, the aliens or the extra-terrestrials. They… I've spent now more than 10 years trying to figure it out myself. What is their attitude towards us?

On the one hand, they engage in various provocative ways with the militaries of the world, often playing cat and mouse games almost seeming like they are having fun with, toying with us. On the other hand there are a very few instances in which they seem overtly or aggressively to be shooting our guys out of the sky. I mean there are cases when aircraft appeared to be lost but it typically appears to be cases when we are going after them.

So you could argue - as some do - that they are not overtly hostile. On the other hand, there are reasons to be very suspicious, deeply suspicious of what they are. At all times I feel like, you know… whereas I wonder about the nature of these other beings, I've never been comfortable trying to make a definite determination as to whether I think that they are good or evil. I suspect that there is a bit of both involved. I think that if they were really good though, they would have helped us out a little bit more right now. I mean we're on a high speed train and the tracks are headed towards the edge of a cliff and I don't see our space brothers trying to bail our sorry asses out here at the eleventh hour. So that's one argument against their good nature.

H: Well, “they’re coming, they’re coming...”

J: “Hold on, just wait, just wait, the eleventh hour, they'll be here!”

RD: I suspect that they are intensely interested in us. I've felt this for a long time. We are going through such a rapid change in our civilisation, sometimes we lose track - we lose perspective - on just how incredible our moment in history right now is. In a mere hundred years, we have re-invented ourselves in such a way - I mean think about it - persons living at the turn of the 20th century, they wouldn't be able to recognise our civilisation today because of the rate of rapid technological change. And I personally believe that that rate of change is continuing and maybe even getting more rapid so that in another 20, 30, 40 years, we are going to be even more unrecognisable.

So these other beings, I am sure that they are interested in us. They might even be a little bit concerned about these war-like individuals who are going to be getting some really dangerous weapons in the next few generations. They might very likely want to keep tabs on us, they might even want to find ways to manipulate us in certain ways and this is where I think we get into some interesting issues. They are not all provable but I have personally speculated many times that if I were an alien here on earth, I would be very interested in these humans and I would probably want to find ways of managing that culture and what I would do is to probably have a few humans working for me, in positions of power. Now that's a grand conspiracy theory that a lot of people are going to say, “oh, you know, this guy has gone off the deep end”, but in fact it's an idea that I think is… is plausible although I can't prove it.

H: That's a theory that we would be more or less in agreement with you about and it's the fact that we do have this as a - say, our working hypothesis has gotten us into trouble with… At SOTT we spend a lot of time looking at what is going on in the world and we've spent a lot of time analysing 911, the follow up to 911, who is responsible for 911 and trying to make alliances with other people that are concerned with getting to the truth, and the fact that we are interested in UFOs and in ET and in the possible link, what are these beings, what is their interest in us and is there - heaven help us - a link between ET and 911.

RD: Right. Yeah

H: It means that we get the door slammed in our faces and we've been told by other very serious 911 researchers whose work we quite respect that they would be happy to work with us but only if we stop talking about all of these other issues.
Laura's note: I edited the above for spelling, grammar and to break it into smaller paragraphs to make it easier to read. If anybody else wants to take a shot at it and improve it, go ahead.

Continued from above

RD: The extra-terrestrial, UFO things in particular?

H: The extra-terrestrial, the UFOs.

RD: It's funny because when I started talking publicly about 911 it was - the first time I ever I spoke publicly about it was at a UFO conference … I'd say about 3 years, maybe 4 years ago, either in 03 or 04. I had been studying 911 for sometime by then but I hadn't talked publicly about it. So then I did and I will say that the people at this conference were 100% absolutely into it. But afterwards, a few researchers came up to me - one in particular, a friend of mine - chastised me. He said, “Look you are going to lose all credibility as a UFO researcher for doing 911.” And I said, “Hey dude, I research UFOs, I have no credibility! lets get that straight. Secondly, you need to get onboard because 911 as an issue is not going to go away!”

Unfortunately the 911 researchers, you are right, they are not aware that the UFO problem is real; it is significant, it's the… what is the bigger conspiracy, UFOs or 911? It's close but I'd say the UFOs. My opinion, they are both important. They are both monumental in our age.

But the 911 researchers, if any of them are listening, they need to understand that the UFO cover-up is not fun and games. This is serious, serious stuff that involves more money than they have any idea about. I have spoken with very, very elite individuals and unfortunately these are people, I can't… you know, they have to be anonymous in that.

For anyone listening to me, they don't know who I am, they don't know anything about me, I don't like to put anybody in a position of having to trust me. I don't like to do that. My work is all above-board as an historian; this is what I do. On the other hand, when people come to you in confidence, what are you supposed to do? You can't just give them up!

Alright. I have spoken to a handful of very prominent individuals, a few of whom are world famous, who have said to me point-blank; they say “it's not a matter of speculation for me, it's a matter of factual knowledge that at deep, deep levels of our national security apparatus…” - one person, a scientist said to me, that this information is so compartmented that I would be astonished at its secrets. At that level there are scientists who are in possession of and are studying alien technology and bodies. One person who has said this is Apollo 14 astronaut, Dr. Edgar Mitchell, the sixth man to walk on the moon and Mitchell hasn't said this to me privately and in confidence; he said it publicly; a number of times, the man has gone on record.

Now, you out there listening can think, well has Edgar Mitchell lost it? Is he lying? And I think the answer to both of those is, “no, I don't believe that he is.” He is a brilliant man: Phd, and yet he has said this for the last ten years.

So the UFO cover up is real and 911 researchers, yeah they need to understand this. The problem with the UFO topic is that, it's got 60 years now of being ridiculed, and so people are instinctively afraid of it. And I can't - it's not like I blame a 911 researcher for staying away from UFOs - I understand the feeling. But I would even encourage them, if nothing else then privately, to start looking into this. Get your head out of the sand and look into the factual foundation for this. This is a serious issue and this, too, is not going away just like the 911 issue, will not go away till it is resolved; so too neither will the UFO cover up.

J: Well, I would agree with that and I would say anybody that reads your book will be appraised of the fact that this IS a reality and from there you have to accept that, for example this issue of UFOs is intrinsically or inextricably linked with 911 because…

RD: It could very well be.

J; … well it has to be because you posit that there are people, there are high level people who control a lot of what's going on in the world. I mean, you look at America. America today is an empire.

RD: Uh hmm.

J: It has bases in the vast majority of countries around the world.

RD: Right.

J: It controls or rapes and pillages the economies of other countries through American and multi national corporations. America has serious influence all around the world. It is a global empire in all but name in my opinion. So that kind of reach gives you massive power and control over a lot of things that are happening in the world. If there is a group of people - be it behind the American government or individuals behind ALL governments - and there is a lot of evidence that posits the existence of such a group - well then they are going to know about 911. They are going to be the people who were involved in some way in 911 because 911 was a major global incident that has repercussions all around the world. And UFOs are happening in America and all around the world. So the idea is that, if there is such a group, then there are going to know about 911 and UFOs and ....

RD: Put it this way. You have two huge truths, alright: the UFO reality and the 911 reality. These are both truths that are apparently, definitely known by certain groups that are in elevated positions. So right, it's logical to assume that there could be a relationship there, and it's not a surprising thing if there were.

The one thing about America… you know, I've often been criticised by patriotic conservative Americans for supposedly being anti-American and I would like to point out that that is absolutely not the case. I am a native New Yorker and I love America from the bottom of my heart. What I think has happened to America is not even so much that America itself is doing all these horrible things to the world. What I think has happened is that, America has been hijacked by trans-national, international, corporate power which has - I mean, not that America as a nation has never been aggressive. America has a long history of aggression - but that in the last generation or two what we have seen is an increasing level of control by wealthy, super powerful international and national groups that have gotten their hooks into America foreign policy.

I mean, pretend that you are some multi-billionaire twiddling your thumbs on the other side of the globe thinking, “Gee, how can I make my money work for me this year?” Well one way you might want to is by bribing members within the American government for contracts of all types and this is... so that the American government is the greatest national prize of all. Not that the German government isn't, not that the government of Thailand isn't. They all are, they all have value because there are opportunities for corruption. But the American government is the best prize and also it's got the best military in the world. So if you can control to some extent American military policy, wow! you've got it made. This is what's going on.

American is in Iraq and America is in Afghanistan primarily because it's in the interest of, in my view, of transnational power. They want to privatise the Iraqi oil fields now.

Who is going to benefit? Well certain multi-national interests who basically own George Bush, okay, and he is doing their work for them. So that's the sad thing that's happened to my great country and I mourn it. I look forward to the day when people can wake up and just like in the movie “V for Vendetta” take to the streets and make it clear that they are not going to take it any more. That day can come. Things look very bleak right now. I am not someone who believes that it's going to be bleak forever. I don't know why, but I do, I absolutely do have this hope and this belief that people are resilient enough, that when the veil of fog is lifted from their eyes, they are going to see this horrible situation and they are going to get angry enough and they are going to do something. The king of France had his head chopped off 200 plus years ago. That's not beyond the realm of possibility today and when it happens, one thing that I am very confident about, it's going to be fast. There is going to be change and it's going to be rapid and we are all going to be astonished at how rapidly it occurs. That's something that I am holding on to.

J: In the immortal words of George Bush, “bring it on”.

RD: Bring it on. Yes.

H: The trouble is if there is any kind of an ET or ultra-terrestrial or hyper-dimensional aspect to this, how many times have heads been lost and what takes its place ends up just being a variation on the same themes? And what do we have to do so that the next time there is one of these key nodal points, we don't just set up the seeds for replicating what's gone before and so that our children or our children’s children a few generations down find themselves exactly where we are today?

RD: Another psychopathic exploitative hierarchy that you know, sucks the blood out of ordinary people.

H: Exactly. If this ET presence that is among us and it has some sort of interface with a small group of humans, the reality that they would be coming from would be so far beyond what we can imagine. They may have the ability to move through time. They may have the ability to manipulate time. To go back to key nodal points and kind of keep tweaking history as it develops.

RD: Well if that's so then human history will forever be the hold of these creatures. And if that is so, then there is still one thing that every person can do. There is always a realm of personal freedom and personal expansion of consciousness that is, as far as I can see, remains a realm of personal freedom. And indeed there maybe a wide array of mind control technologies that they use… but nevertheless I am not willing to concede that I lack a realm of personal freedom. My mind as far as I can tell is still my own and as is yours and everyone else who is sitting here. So that's what we have.

Ultimately, think of it this way. Lets say that tomorrow, somehow, the good people of this world succeed in over-throwing the totally evil twisted screwed up human and ultra-terrestrial entities that run this world and we are able to create a new, a truly new and just order in this world. Lets say we do that. So then the question is: well, then what? Because then what we still have to live with is ourselves, ultimately. We still have to live with our flawed, deeply flawed selves.

So, so ultimately really the best things that we can do as far as I see, whether the world is a good place or a horrible place, the best things that we can do is to make ourselves into the most expanded and best persons we can do.

The reason that I do my research these days....I mean when I started this a decade ago I will admit, I entertained the fantasy that somehow I might write the book that is the sledgehammer to slash, to smash the walls of secrecy down. I did, I mean I'll admit this. Well that hasn't happened yet; maybe one day. Maybe the second book or maybe some other book but I don't... that's no longer my primary motivation.

So then I ask, why do I do this? Why do I devote so much of my life? I could be doing so many other things. I could be hanging out at the beach.

I do what I do because honestly, I am genuinely fascinated by this and I want to figure this out and I feel that in exploring this, that I am somehow contributing to other people who want to know. Whether that will result in the creation of justice or not, I don't know.

I have a faith in cosmic justice. I have faith that there is a universal justice but that's not what drives me. It's because I don't want to spend my life, sitting on my -arse- doing nothing productive. And this is the best thing I could think of doing.

So ultimately look, if we are going to be enslaved by these ultra-terrestrials, there is still, there is always being as far as I can see, a realm for personal freedom and the key to that is recognising that you have the ability to think for yourself. Unfortunately most people never get to that point. They don't realise that they have the ability to decide what kind of person that they can be.

H: That's something that we talk about a lot because we meet all sorts of people and all sorts of people come to SOTT. There are people who read our material and it clicks. There are people who have that need, they are driven for the truth and we were talking recently about the idea that there is a truth - and it's something that I know that you share with us this idea that you can know reality - and there is something to know and you can communicate that to other people.

RD: Absolutely.

J: That idea of the truth is what underlies all of our motivations and if I can speak here for Richard, I mean it occurred to me to ask you, it's said that you are interested in UFOs, but are you interested in UFOs personally? I mean, I am not interested in them per se because the term “to be interested in something” is taken to mean “I like them” or you have a vested interest in them in some way. I am not and this is actually an accusation at this level of discourse, that you have a vested interest in, for example, if you are a 911 conspiracy theorist, you just don't like the Bush government, you are a Democrat so that's why you are promoting 911 conspiracy theories. I am not interested in any of these things [RD: Right] I am interested in the truth [RD: Right] and when I see lies, it’s that that galls me, lies gall me and it's my interest in the truth that drives me to try to overturn those lies and combat those lies. I would be very happy if UFOs just went away and if 911went away. And all the nasty conspiracy theories and all the nasty realities of this life and the obvious lies and suffering and death that's going on, if they all went away. I am not interested in any of that, [RD: Uh hmm] but there it is and I do want it to go away. I want to make a better world.

RD: I think as rational, intelligent beings that we have a right to be offended when our governments lie to us so egregiously on these important matters. We have a right to expect truthful government. That's called the social contract and that's an old concept that has been I think trampled on by certainly the current presidential administration in the US and really for many many years by many governments now and it's getting worst not better. [J: Absolutely.] So we need, we have a right to expect truth and we certainly have an obligation to fight for. Yeah, I believe as everyone here that truth is not relative, it's real but off course it's often hidden [J: Uh hmm] so we have to search for it. That's a lifetime’s work.

H: Well we would like to thank Rich for coming in and talking with us. To those of our listeners who are interested in 911 and think that UFOs are a load of poppy cock, I can only urge you to pick up Richards' book, “UFOs and the National Security State.” If you think that this stuff doesn't exist, there are documents, there is documentation. Mind control technology exists. You need to know about this because they are beaming it down on you. If you live in the United States, you are getting this stuff fed to you through your television, you are getting it fed to you through god knows what kind of beams, through microwaves. You need to know that this exists so you can learn to feel it. You can learn to make a distinction between what are your own thoughts and feelings and what are the thoughts and feelings that you are being encouraged to feel through this technology that is being used to control you.

RD: In writing my book, you know, there is the UFO cover up part of it but you are alluding to mind control. This is something that I did study in the course of writing my book simply to point out, on one reason to point out that, that the groups that cover up on UFOs are the same kinds of groups that covered up on mind control. But the mind control connection is more important for setting the stage. Mind control is something that elites do to us and they do it in a variety of ways. They can do it through technology, so in other words the capability to harness the human mind. This is an active field of study in the intelligence world. They've been doing this for more than 50 years. They are very good at it, alright through a variety of technology. And then there is the propaganda form of mind control and I think, if you want a global reach that's actually the most insidious and the best way to control some ones' mind is having them turn on their television set.

H: There are a lot of people in say the 911 movement that would recognise that the media is the first bulwark of mind control [RD: Yes, that's right] but then they go “okay, I understand that and I see how the media works” [RD: Right] but they don't understand that there is this other technology being used. They dismiss that completely.

RD: Right. And in fact what we know that, I mean even in the 1950s, there was very advanced work being done to create the so called “Manchurian Candidate”. You know Richard Condon wrote that book in 1959. He didn't just write it out of thin air. So that in other words, it was very well understood within the CIA and in the KGB. Certain techniques that made mind control very amenable and that is simply, they don't stop that. Once you've find out that you've got something effective there, once you know how to breakdown human personality and control it, create an assassin who doesn't even know that they are an assassin for example, there's different ways to controlling a human being. These are very sophisticated, so right away that figures into the 911 cover up or the UFO cover up, I mean these are things that we can I guess explore but those technologies are real. I guess the main thing a 911 researcher needs to come away with though is that the UFO phenomenon is very real.

H: You made a comment recently about some of this UFO information, that it's not classified but proprietary?

RD: Yes that's right. This is something that was originally told me by, again one of my several interesting contacts. This is a person who had very good relationship for a little while with a former four star general, former member of the Joint Chiefs who told this individual. He said this general had said, “you know look, defence people, military people, we're really not the guys who are in charge of this any more. This is not a classified issue so much as it is proprietary.” And again this speaks to the handing off of technology to private interest and the increasing levels of control over the whole topic by private groups. What we have really you can say is a rogue clique that seems to control the bulk of this UFO information. Who are these guys? I don't know their identities fully, I have some suspicions.

H: It's probably better that you don't know their identities.

RD: It's probably is, that's right. But you know the privatisation of the global political system, again this is something an ordinary researcher could probably understand, that same privatisation has occurred within the UFO cover up. This is a something that is a major theme of my next book. So that in other words to show that we've had a kind of transnational revolution in the modern world during the 1980s and 1990s I think, during which the major structures of power have become international. Think World Bank, think IMF, think NAFTA, think GATT. Legal structures in other words. So too within the classified world, there have been transnational structures. Think for example the famous Echelon program run by America by the NSA in collaboration with the NSA equivalent in Britain, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and probably other nations as well. They have their Echelon and it all has it's own legal structure that actually makes it independent of national laws, isn't that nice. So the classified world has developed its own separate legal structure and that translates within to the UFO portion of the classified world. These are secret legal structures. People need to understand like for example the national security agencies existence was unknown for nearly its first decade. During the 1950s and into the 60s the existence of the NSA was classified and it was America’s most powerful agency and it was unknown. Similarly, the existence of the NRO, the National Reconnaissance Office. For 30 years the the NRO's existence was classified. It was a felony for any member of Congress to mention the existence of the NRO. That is an astonishing reality. So, what I am saying is that, we have a history in America of classified black operations. Do you suddenly think that's going to end now? So now what we have is a classified legal structure. And I have had very good sources that have told me that a lot of this pertains to the UFO phenomenon.

H: When you said that the National Security Agency wasn't known until sometime in the 60s, what kind of flashed into my mind was, well if by the 60s they were letting the cat out of the bag, that was because they had something behind that was even bigger and even more nasty that's now the one that nobody knows about.

RD: Undoubtedly. Undoubtedly. These secrets come out when they become less important [H: Umm] less relevant. Not that the NSA is no longer important, it remains very important but of course we still don't really know a lot about it [H: Uh hmm] do we? [H: No.] Most of it is highly classified. But yeah, there is, I had one source, a high level military liaison who told me of a Congressional aide that he is very close with. This Congressional aide was doing black budget analysis and concluded on the basis of his analysis that there is a massive black arm executive branch of the US government that is totally classified and that in this analyst’s opinion was related to the UFO problem. I have it from another separate source, that the amount of money that has gone into this is simply astonishing and actually that the security on the UFO problem was vastly more expensive than the actual scientific R&D, research and development, so like seven or eight times more money was spent on security, maintaining the secrecy of the UFOs than actually on the scientific study of it, which was an interesting tidbit that I got along the way.

H: Through the now 13 or 14 years of research and two books, what would be the cases that would come to mind that you would present to some other skeptics say in the 911 movements? These people who consider themselves truth seekers but for whom the UFO question is not on the radar at all, what cases would you suggest to them to look at as examples of the better documented ones?

RD: Yeah, I would say cases and documents, because you know, for example one of the more important things I would have any 911 researcher look at is the so called “twinning memo” of 1947. This is not about a specific UFO case but what it is, is a statement by a then 3 star general who later became a 4 star Chief of Staff of the Air Force who in September 1947, wrote a 3 page memo describing the UFO phenomenon as it was then seen. One thing that Twinning said in this memo, is that based on the many military reports that were coming into Air Material Command at that time, that the UFO phenomenon was, quote, “real, not visionary or fictitious” That's one explicit thing that he said. Another thing Twinning mentioned in this memo was the typical description of the many reports that they were getting. Describing the objects as “circular or elliptical in shape, round, domed on top and flat on bottom.” You know it's right there in this memo, so in other words what Twinning was saying in 1947 was that there were enough detailed military descriptions of these UFOs to come up with that description. I mean “domed on top and flat on bottom” is very explicit “metallic in appearance” “evasive maneuvers when sighted” “normally no associated sound” in other words, what we can see is that as early as 1947 we have definitive proof that the US military was taking the UFO phenomenon very seriously. Now that in itself doesn't prove UFOs are aliens okay, but do we really need to prove UFOs are alien for them to be interesting?

H: Well, there's some people who would say that this is a Nazi technology that was being used. There were a group of the Nazis who fled to Antarctica who were developing this technology or maybe some of their scientists who came to the United States and developed..

RD: Sure, and guess what, even if that is the truth, that is still worth looking into because that phenomenon is still continuing to this day and if you want to go with the Nazi explanation, then the only conclusion you can make is, there are Nazis right now in this world who are flying in flying saucers and... [H: And is that a good thing? (laughing)] That's not a good thing either so either they are aliens or Nazis or whoever or some covert human group. So no matter how you look at it, it's important. And so the problem that a lot of UFO skeptics, or armchair skeptics or media skeptics have is that they jump too many steps ahead in the argument. In other words, this happens every time I deal with some skeptical person, I'll try and add a couple of good UFO cases and immediately they jump ahead and say, “well UFOs are impossible because...” fill in the blank. The distances in space are too far, the truth would have come out by now or whatever, in other words they provide their own theoretical objections.

H: When they say the truth would have come out, what did they want as truth, the government coming out?! I mean there is all this data, there is all this evidence.. [RD: Right, right] The truth is out for crying out loud!

J: Because it doesn't come from an official source and people are so in awe of power and dependent on power [RD: Exactly]

RD: To answer your question Henry, as far as some good cases, there are some very very good ones in the document history. There is a 1950 memo that I am just thinking of the top of my head from July of 1950 describing objects sited over the Hanford atomic energy commission plant in the State of Washington. A document stating that since July 30th, “objects round in form have been seen over the Hanford AEC plant”. The document then goes on to say that fighter squadrons of Air Force battalions, FBI and others have been alerted to this. Investigation is ongoing. Of course we don't have any document showing how that investigation concluded but we know that there was an investigation there. There is another very amazing document that came out of Oakridge in 1953 of the sighting of a black object coming out of the clouds moving at a tremendous speed for 3 miles where it stopped and then was joined by two other similar objects which created a “V” formation and then flew off at a tremendous speed to the east and were gone. We have that document. I have an emergency memo from Maxwell Air Force base in 1954 describing the intrusion of that Air Force bases security by an unknown object that was seen and observed by a helicopter pilot at the base. There is a 1955 memo that I am thinking of, of a radar plus visual by Pepperell Air Force base for 29 minutes of an object that was seen visually and tracked on radar of a flying saucer shaped object. And so it goes. There is a very well documented case from 1967 at Malestrom Air Force base in Montana in which a glowing object was reported by above ground personnel while below ground at the exact same time, an air force captain named Robert Salles, a man that I know, reported and documented 10 nuclear missiles going of line instantly, bing, bing, bing, bing, bing, they all went down, while this object was hovering above. The documentation on this case is excellent. In fact Boeing which owned the missiles, did it's own study of why these missiles went off line and was unable to conclude, they had no explanations. It was, it was...

H: Did they factor in the presence of the UFO?

RD: No they most certainly did not. So there was, in other words, I have no doubt that the Boeing personnel were aware that this had been reported but in their scientific evaluation of why this missiles went down, they had no, there were no reasons they could think off as to why these missiles went off line but it's a fact that it was during the sighting of this UFO.

H: So this is early 50s, this is really...[RD: This is 67.] that was 67 [RD: 40 years ago.] Still, during the cold war [RD: You bet] if they had thought that it was the Russians, you can bet that they would have started launching missiles....

RD: Well that's right and that's very serious and this story continued in 1975. In November of that year in the northern part of the United States and into southern Canada, there was a series of just absolutely awesome, incredible violations of military airspace by UFOs which are very well documented and have no explanations. Some of the documents describe these objects as possible “helicopters,” quote, unquote but the fact is that, none of these objects were identified as helicopters definitively and in fact they didn't. The only way you can say that they behave like a helicopter is by the fact that they hovered, okay but the fact that they were either silent or nearly silent which a helicopter is not, they hovered very provocatively over nuclear weapons sites at this air force and military bases and in several cases prompted major base alerts in which military police travelling around, the sirens were blaring and it was a big deal. And then these objects would typically just glide off. In a couple of cases they were, in one case, specifically at Wurtsmith air force base in Michigan which is now closed, an air force carrier was vectored in to go after, I think that it was a C-130, big, big aircraft, was coming in and was told by the air base to chase after this thing which had just left the base and they said, okay we are going after it. This object played cat and mouse games with them. They eventually had to turn around because they were low on fuel at which case the UFO chased after them and sped by them, doing more than a 1000kts speed which is fighter jet speed and yet this same object was hovering previously over the base! And then, again at Malestrom air force base once again in 1975 there were two successive nights in which the object, this huge glowing object was seen over the base. On the second night the object went, way, way, way high up, high altitude tracked by NORAD, we've got that on record. F-106s were sent in to get this thing and every time the F-106s got into the area according to the witnesses, the object disappeared and was gone and then came back on radar once the F-106s were gone. We have all this on record. What could that be? Could that be some kind of hallucination? Well, doesn't seem likely especially when you have NORAD confirming this on radar. So there was something there. Is this not serious? Of course it's serious. How could this not be serious! And so we have many cases of UFO encounters like this that there's no way on earth that it could not be a serious thing for the military, responsible military officer. So yes, I think that there is more than sufficient reason to argue this is a big....

H: Are any of this kind of cases in the post 911 world?

RD: Indeed they are.

H: Has there been any change in the, you know in patterns of sightings...

RD: No, Henry, the patterns are the same. Now the one difference that we have is that, really even since the 1980s, Ronald Reagan issued an executive order in 1982 that took a lot of the wind out of the sails of the freedom of information act and made it much more user unfriendly and primarily made it a lot more expensive so with the results being that it's harder to get government documents out on UFO encounters but that doesn't mean that we don't have cases and good ones. There is one very good case in July of 2002. This is post 911 of an attempted interception by two F16 jets right outside DC of a mysterious blue object that many eyewitnesses on the ground saw and called in to their local radio station, WTOP, which issued a press release on this. That was then followed up by the Washington Post which interviewed some air force personnel who confirmed that indeed there was a jet chase. It's a funny case because the air force then said, “well, they could have been chasing any number of things” without saying what those things could have been. I mean I would like to know, what blue object could this be? What object could be blue that outperforms the pursuing F16s? According to witnesses, the object descended the sky at an eighty degree angle and stopped, at which point, F16s were chasing after it and then the object just zoomed, took off and was gone. So vastly out performing F16s and you know what, this is such a typical kind of case. It's happened hundreds, not dozens, not scores but hundreds of times. Our best aircraft just can't compete with whatever these things are. So if this is another human agency, that's a concern and if it's a non-human agency well that's also a concern. So the thing that a UFO skeptic needs to keep in mind, don't think that you are just going to answer this right off the bat. Just keep in mind that there is a true, genuine, unexplained mystery here that involves, strongly seems to involve a technology, somebody’s technology.

H: As you were describing this long series of links since the late 40s up till recent years of these objects appearing over sensitive military installations in the United States, I was thinking about all those poor people who were travelling and having to take their shoes off and having to take their belts off and having to have all their bags gone through and they get to their destination and they get a little note on the inside saying that their bag was searched. We have all this going on and yet once again it's the public itself being made the enemy. The terror is ..

RD: Boy that is so true. That is so true and what's even more galling about it is that, these objects, I've talked to many pilots and the pilots would encounter this more than you'd think and they just, they are not at liberty to talk about it. There have been a number of instances where this objects really look like they pose a genuine air safety hazard. There's been more than one case of UFOs coming at an airliner, like directly at an airliner and then they veer off at the last moment. It's a terrifying experience if you are a pilot or even if they are not coming at an intercept, they might pace you for a short period of time and come uncomfortably close to you. There was a case, oh about a decade ago right outside London. There was a missile like object zipping by a commercial airliner and this might have been an alien craft or not, I don't know what it was, but once again it was impossible to get any kind of government openness from the British government on this. Heck there are things flying around that are dangerous and some of them appear to be controlled in a very intelligent way. They don't all look like missiles by the way. So do we not have a right to know? I fly, you fly, you know, we are over the ocean sometimes. I want to know if there are objects that I need to be concerned about. So there is a lot of dimensions to this and here we are right, we are going to take our shoes off because I am supposed to, you know, I can't carry tooth paste because I might have explosives in my freaking tooth paste to blow up the plane and meanwhile you've got these other things going on that are vastly more important. God forbid that you bring tooth paste on your flight.

H: Well that about wraps it up for this week. We would like to thank Rich for sitting down and talking with us. Trouble is that the book UFOs and The National Security State is just so rich in detail and it also is rich in feeding speculations as to the real nature of our reality here, we could go on and do this again and I hope we will have Rich back so we can continue this discussion another time.

RD: I sincerely hope so. It's been my great pleasure and honour to be here.

H: So thank you for joining us. If you would like to discuss any of these things you can come to our website www.signs-of-the-times.org You can participate in the forum. There is a link from the home page, the Signs page.

S: And I'd also like to note that we now have a forum in Spanish and also one in French.

H: So once more thanks to Rich and we'll see you next time.
Edited the above for spelling, grammar, context etc.

Joe

Thank you Vulcan59 for the transcript--I do not have the technical capabilities to receive podcasts and videos, and appreciate the work involved in providing accurate texts.

An important message in this presentation, I think, is the idea that truly open minded skeptics who seek to know the truth and who study the evidence of UFOs or 911, eventually should see the connections and patterns that emerge linking multiple conspiracy theories, and ultimately revealing the biggest conspiracy of all--that humans have not been in control of their destiny, that "The Matrix has you" and that waking up to this fact is our only "salvation."

How much truth is too much truth?

Thinking people who see the reality of 911, or who recognize the truth about UFOs, as painful as it is, should eventually come to the next step and recognize that neither cover up could exist without a secret governing body of vast wealth and power conspiring to control the world, and that the power structure does not end with them.
So IMHO I think those who are convinced of the reality of both the 911 and UFO cover ups should definitely speak about how the two topics are connected and hopefully expand the breadth of discourse on truth.
Thanks also to the SOTT Podcast team and Richard Dolan fir providing discussion of this critical connection.
shellycheval

shellycheval said:
Thinking people who see the reality of 911, or who recognize the truth about UFOs, as painful as it is, should eventually come to the next step and recognize that neither cover up could exist without a secret governing body of vast wealth and power conspiring to control the world, and that the power structure does not end with them.
very true Shelly. it is beyond belief the number of times people immediately dismiss any ideas that question their known (programmed) version of reality by saying,"our governments would never be capable of doing something like that [9/11/UFO coverup]"

Vulcan59, thank you. It is much appreciated.

Great interview and thanks for transcribing it Vulcan59.

Howdy Vulcan 59,

Many thanks for the transcription indeed. I betcha there are many out here that also could thank you. Let's say the silent majority thanks you. You did a lot of dedicated work there.

Richard Dolan Reviews Laura Knight-Jadczyk

[Note: This review by Richard Dolan is of the soon-to-be-published revised edition of Laura Knight-Jadczyk's High Strangeness. It includes new material, a new foreword, and should be available from Red Pill Press within the coming months!]

It's sad but true that most people don't like inconvenient realities to upset their pleasant illusions and prejudices. I see this all the time in my own daily interactions with people. Once someone reaches a point in his or her life when they feel they "understand" the world well enough - often around the age of thirty - they spend the rest of their life filling in the blanks of what they think they already know. It's a tendency that usually becomes more extreme over time. Ideas and worldviews seem to harden in tandem with the arteries.

The friends people make, television shows they watch, the internet sites they visit - the very world they create for themselves - all of these usually support the circumscribed worldview they themselves have adopted.

Obviously, it's the same with books. It's a rare book that has the ability to truly change one's mind about the world. Rarest of all are those gems with the ability to change one's life.

Laura Knight-Jadczyk's The High Strangeness of Dimensions, Densities, and the Process of Alien Abduction is such a book.

It follows that such a book can only be written by those rarest of thinkers, someone possessing profound insights, freedom from convention, and the utter fearlessness necessary to tear down illusions and stare down the face of the abyss. Laura Knight-Jadczyk is such a person.

I believe that Laura understands, better than probably anyone you will ever know, just how dire is the plight of our civilization - the plight of our species. She also understands that to change one's life, one must be willing to fight.

"Fight what?" one might ask. The answer may seem strange within the context of our post-post-post modern 21st century setting, but it is ... to fight evil.

Crazy? No. Not at all.

The High Strangeness of Dimensions, Densities, and the Process of Alien Abduction is a book that lays out provocatively and passionately the hidden slavery of the human race. The problem is that this situation is so far removed from what most people have come to accept about their world, that Knight-Jadczyk's analysis and information will meet with tremendous resistance. Calling this book a "new paradigm" is a gross understatement. Understanding it will require most readers to discard nearly everything they think they know about how the world works. I realize this is a significant claim, and I do not make it lightly.

My problem in reviewing this book is amplified by how much of its information was obtained, and therein lies the core controversy surrounding Laura Knight-Jadczyk. Because for more than a decade, she has obtained information - lots and lots of information - from a group of people she calls "the C's": short for Cassiopaeans. In other words, this is information that has been gathered in sessions using a Ouija board and planchette, over and over, year after year.

This is not an easy thing for me to comment on. When my own work focuses so extensively on open source documentation, "proven" data that brooks no argument from established sources, when I have spent my public career with the meticulous caution of a historian to make a careful and reasoned argument on the UFO cover-up, delving into the world of "channeled" information can make me decidedly uncomfortable.

But here is why I feel what the Cs are genuine. In the first place, I have had the pleasure of knowing Laura, of spending time with her in deep conversation, as well as with many people who belong to her global salon, the Signs of the Times (SOTT). In other words, I don't just think that Laura is honest - I know she is. I know that she is a down-to-earth mother of five, who just happens to be brilliant and totally relentless. I have been fortunate indeed to meet many extraordinary people in my life, but even among these people, Laura is special.

So, yes, there is a personal connection here, one of friendship, and a detached reader might wonder if my own judgment is clouded in this review.

But the real issue, as I see it, when reviewing the content of this book, is twofold. First, how can we be sure that the communications from "The Cassiopaeans" are genuine; and second, is there inherent value in those communications?

To answer the first question, all I can say is that her channeled information is not the first, and will certainly not be the last. My attitude on most claimed channeled information usually ranges from extreme caution, to skepticism, to outright disbelief. But I cannot say that all such information is bunk or must be dismissed out of hand. My own research into the history of Remote Viewing (RV) has convinced me beyond any reasonable doubt that there is another dimension to our existence other than the straightforward material one. There is something more. Call it non-local, call it spiritual, it does not matter. There is an important aspect to our existence that conventional minds and "official culture" do not recognize.

Richard DolanTaken in that context, when I read the incredibly rich, detailed - and logical - statements coming from "the C's," I find it unlikely that Laura (or anyone, for that matter) could convincingly fake them. In the first place, the process for obtaining this information is from a Ouija board, with several people touching the planchette, and one person in charge of recording the letters, which come in at a furious pace. I have learned enough about the process of using the Ouija, and known enough people who have described this experience to me in detail, that I am satisfied something real is going on in that process. Moreover, the "dialogue" between Laura and the Cs also frequently includes other members of the channeling session who are present. Frequently the transcripts record very active discussions that include the comments and questions of many people in attendance.

I am inclined to think that the C's are real. Yet, we all must recognize that their existence does not pass the test of scientific evidence. We can take their existence as, let us say, an interesting working hypothesis.

But it is the message of the Cassiopaeans that really matters. What they tell us is that the world we live in is an illusion not unlike that of the movie, The Matrix. The human race is being manipulated physically and spiritually by a race of beings that we know as the Reptilians, whom Laura refers as "The Lizzies" (her down-to-earth way of stripping them of their terror and putting them in their place). They can manipulate time with ease, they control "the Greys," and they live in what is known as the Fourth Density.

What is a density? I confess I don't quite understand the physics, and I am not sure that physics is the right path here in any case. But animals live in the second density, and we humans live in the third. It is, therefore, more of a state of consciousness than, say, a "dimension" of existence. The Reptilians are able to manipulate and control us in just the way that we can control cattle. But simply because the Reptilians live in a state of consciousness that is higher than ours does not mean they are ethical. They are, in fact, what we would refer to as pretty evil. They exist in what is called a "Service to Self" (STS) state of being. Humanity also exists in STS. There are other beings, however, such as the Cs, who live in a "Service to Others" (STO) state of being (and incidentally on the Sixth Density).

But the Reptilians can indeed do many things by virtue of being Fourth Density. For one, they can "appear" into our reality at will, in essentially any guise or form. They "need" us as food, both psychically/spiritually and physically. They have farmed us throughout our very existence. They have shaped our religious and political systems. Indeed, in many crucial ways, they have "made" us in their own image. Breaking free of their oppressive control is humanity's paramount task if it is ever to achieve true personal and spiritual liberation.

Incidentally, the abduction process comes into play here as one of several mechanisms by which "the Lizzies" control us. Using their creations, the Greys, to conduct most of the abductions, these events seldom occur in our Third Density reality. Instead, they take place in the Fourth Density, which effectively means it occurs in a timeless, spiritual realm. Yet while in the Fourth Density, life seems just as physical to us as always, and the return to Third Density is like the process whereby one copies and pastes a file back to one's hard drive. That is, the changes (and implants) that occur in the Fourth Density reality are effectively copied to one's Third Density body.

This is certainly a lot to take, and merely scratches the surface. Reading the book is really the only way to grasp it all.

I should point out that not all of this book deals with the Cassiopaeans, although this is its core. But there is a great deal of trenchant analysis by Knight-Jadczyk throughout, something that her readers have come to expect over the years.

The overall message of the book is grim. But the situation is not hopeless. I am very much taken by the motto of the C's, stated several times in the book: "knowledge protects; ignorance endangers."

No matter what the final truth is regarding the existence of the C's, or the Reptilians, or any other entities, I think all of us could use this as a personal motto. We live in a very dangerous world, far more dangerous, far worse, than most people realize. Yet, there is a way to safety, and it lies in understanding the nature of the reality in which we exist. This is hard work, but easily worth the effort.

I am also grateful to Laura Knight-Jadczyk for her courage in facing some of the most difficult issues human beings can face. She is a shining light in a world of darkness.

Richard M. Dolan is author of UFOs and the National Security State: Chronology of a Coverup (Hampton Roads, 2002). He speaks at conferences around the world and has appeared on numerous television and radio programs. Visit his website at http://keyholepublishing.com

Back
Top Bottom