Richard Dolan

Dolan on Camelot conference

I watched Dolan's speech via the link provided on SOTT and it was great. But since there seems to be a consensus here on the forum that 'Project Camelot' is not all that trustworthy, how does Richard Dolan's appearance on their conference fit all this? Can it be that the Camelot people are aware that they are considered disinfo by any serious "alternative" researchers, and by having Rich talk on their conference they are trying to discredit him? That's the best theory I've come up with so far, fwiw. Any other ideas?

Re: Dolan on Camelot conference

Aragorn said:
I watched Dolan's speech via the link provided on SOTT and it was great. But since there seems to be a consensus here on the forum that 'Project Camelot' is not all that trustworthy, how does Richard Dolan's appearance on their conference fit all this? Can it be that the Camelot people are aware that they are considered disinfo by any serious "alternative" researchers, and by having Rich talk on their conference they are trying to discredit him? That's the best theory I've come up with so far, fwiw. Any other ideas?

Rich gets invited to a LOT of UFO/paranormal conferences and goes to a LOT of them to speak. It seems to me that he is just interested in getting his information out to whoever he can and understands that there is a lot of disinformation out there and a lot of available platforms aren't perfect - but the point is to get the information out there. He's also a very well-known and highly respected speaker and researcher on the topic, thus all the invitations. I think it's basically just part and parcel of the UFO speaking circuit that you're going to be standing behind or in front of a disinformation banner at some point - but the point, as he says, is that you have to get the information out there.

I don't think it's a matter of discrediting him, since his work stands on its own - and, for the most part, I think he's generally aware of the big picture... with one or two exceptions here and there. I do think he currently does the best job of any of the well-known speakers on that circuit though, without question (just my personal take).

Re: Dolan on Camelot conference

My first reaction was - 'oh my, what is he doing on Camelot !'.
When you think of it however, where else can he tell the story. Is he going to be invited to prime time, mainstream media ?
I don't think so.

anart said:
I don't think it's a matter of discrediting him, since his work stands on its own - and, for the most part, I think he's generally aware of the big picture... with one or two exceptions here and there. I do think he currently does the best job of any of the well-known speakers on that circuit though, without question (just my personal take).

That's what I think too. His latest 'UFO's and the National Security State' is one of the best works I read on the subject

Re: Dolan - awesome

Wow! Watching his talk right now, he's an incredible public speaker. So Psyched to get my hands on his new book.... ugh that's another one on the pile lol.

Couldn't agree with you more, Puck. I watched it yesterday and he came across as just awesome. Great public speaker and an excellent writer. A must watch. :cool2:

Aragorn said:
But since there seems to be a consensus here on the forum that 'Project Camelot' is not all that trustworthy, how does Richard Dolan's appearance on their conference fit all this? Can it be that the Camelot people are aware that they are considered disinfo by any serious "alternative" researchers, and by having Rich talk on their conference they are trying to discredit him? That's the best theory I've come up with so far, fwiw. Any other ideas?

How about just the opposite--Project Camelot is trying to legitimize itself! :halo:

Rich's presentation is fantastic although quite annoying that he wasn't allotted more time to cover the extensive material he had prepared. Even with the time constraints, Rich covers a lot a ground with huge chunks of food for thought. What a difference between his presentation and that of Robert Dean at the 2009 Exopolitical European Summit especially in regards to the notion that just because 'they' haven't shown malicious intent as of yet (no direct mass slaughter anyway), 'they' must not have any intent to do so. Rich does a great job of detailing the characteristics of 'they/them', which leaves a lot to be desired in the "I just want to be your friend" department. And as Rich notes at the end, being awake and aware is of the utmost importance at this critical point in time. The more people who can be made aware of this presentation, the more awake the world is going to be! In other words, pass it on!

Vulcan59 said:
Great public speaker and an excellent writer. A must watch.

Totally!

I think he really did an excellent job of rounding the bases, sotospeak. I mean, I love how it starts as a chronicle of the phenomenon and then as a natural outgrowth he delves into all other areas of secrecy, financial elite, control of the media and industry, it's such an exercise in thread pulling it really boggles the mind. The best part being that anyone interested in the UFO thing can't help but get a strong dose of reality about the state of our world.

JEEP said:
And as Rich notes at the end, being awake and aware is of the utmost importance at this critical point in time. The more people who can be made aware of this presentation, the more awake the world is going to be! In other words, pass it on!

Oh hell ya. Definitely throwing it around to friends and family. I also caught him using a lot of language that I sorta consider 'ours' but then again I guess a lot of people use it. Waking up, Awareness of reality, seeing it as it is and not how we might want it to be, he's got the objectivity shtick down and he sells it really well. I think it makes the subject very expressible to anyone with a basic scientific training and an open mind.

Props Rich. MADDDDD props.

Is there anyway that Laura could invite Dolan to do a podcast where he would be asked to present the information that was left out due to time constraints?

Though a podcast here with him would be great, you'd still feel and so would he I'm sure, that the topics would have only been scratched. After watching his Camelot talk, I really want to get the new book. According to his presentation it sounds like an unbelievable amount of well put together information, in one place, that will be a good reference for a long time to come.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/141903-New-Podcast-Richard-Dolan-Author-of-UFOs-and-the-National-Security-State-Talks-With-Signs-of-the-Times

Vulcan59 said:
I watched it yesterday and he came across as just awesome. Great public speaker and an excellent writer. A must watch. :cool2:

Agreed! I had no idea he was such a great public speaker. His new book is here next to my desk in the pile "to be read" and I have only flipped through it a bit, though it looks to be even better than the first volume.

I also watched the whole thing and I right away thought: "here is a real researcher". Of course I am biased already, having read some of his work and been introduced to his work by SOTT.

However, I was somewhat pleased to see him at a UFO conference. I am not familiar with project Camelot, but I immediately went and took a look at their site and I got the impression of a couple of people who seem to be driven to "get information out there" - but themselves are not researchers and don't apply critical thinking to what they "put out there". So they put out a lot of disinfo, they can't help it if (and I admit this is just my first impression) they are just basically an unthinking "pipe" and they themselves don't do any processing. It also means that they sometimes disseminate real information, and get solid researchers like Richard in their conferences and interviews and such.

Thus I was happy for the people attending the conference who might be becoming sincere truth seekers but until now have been mainly only exposed to the misled pseudo-researchers and maybe now they finally got a taste of what a real researcher is like. Who knows, they may catch the difference from such a talk and take a look at Richard's work which I would like to say as Anart did: stands on its own.

By the way, did anyone also get the feeling: I fear for his safety?

There is another awesome Dolan's intervention on the Veritas show...a must hear.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8834467829320172429#

Dolan is definitely a good researcher.

respect

sankara said:
There is another awesome Dolan's intervention on the Veritas show...a must hear.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8834467829320172429#

Dolan is definitely a good researcher.

respect

If you want to hear Richard Dolan's interview mentioned above, but would like to have it in mp3 format for your mp3 player, you can download it using the link

http://www.blackvaultradio.com/bvrn/index.php?cat=TheVeritasShow&page=2

I did a right click and "save target as" for the download mp3 link for episode 12

He is a open minded historian and there are very little historians who are open minded like him, so he is rare one of his kind!

Back
Top Bottom