Session 11 October 2014

Laura said:
I was thinking that maybe some of the skinnies ought to reduce their time in cold water a bit. I just read an article on sott about the temp of the Great Lakes and the guy said that water pulls heat from the body 25 times more efficiently than air. Ya'll don't want to get into hypothermia.

So how about a sort of rule of thumb, adjustable to specific cases, that skinnies stay in 30 seconds per degree of temp C when they start experimenting with colder water, like 20 C or lower? For water that is 15C, which is pretty cold, that would be 7.5 minutes only.

The water here is at 14 C and it should decrease in the next few weeks.

I take my shower as soon as I am up and I stay there for 10 minutes.

At the end, my body is completely red just like a lobster after being in hot water.

I start with a warm shower to wash and raise my body temp then immediately turn to a completely cold shower, which right now is about 64 F / 16C. The water temp will continue to drop as winter rolls in, down into 45F / 7C range, so that'll work for controlling the water temp overall. The initial shock lasts 2 or 3 seconds if I relax my body first and mentally prepare for it by telling myself to not tense up. Seems easy enough, at this temp anyway. I was previously getting my head wet after a time in the water but yesterday I decided to not do that. Turns out it was easier to endure the cold longer, and I decided to do pipe breath for the duration, felt better and helps pass the minutes.

Standing in the shower stream and slightly swaying around in a circle ( where my feet are stationary ) to keep the water running all over me works better than alternating front and back every minute or so.

I still wound up with a chill for a couple of hours afterward and if the thermometer was correct my body temp was down to 97F / 36C. Interestingly enough, after getting out of the water the air makes me feel colder than when in the water.

Laura thanks for the suggestion on the timing. I try to do 1 minute per C ( no clock around the bath yet, I'm estimating ), but I will try 30 seconds since I'm a skinny person. I think I can probably do 45 seconds to a minute, I don't shiver in the water, as I said it's after I get out that it really hits me. But my guess is when the temps get down into the 10C to 15C range that'll probably change, I remember that 50F - 55F feels much colder than 64F.

This morning my bath was cold water only from the start and I took the plunge all at once! :shock: For the last month or so, I would get into a warm bath and then draw cold water to acclimate my body. I would then wash my hair with just cold water coming out of the spigot. It hurt at first, but invigorating. Today I will buy a couple thermometers to see what the actual temps are. I do know it`s pretty darn cold. I think my body is acclimating because I wake up sweating during the night, something different that I haven`t experienced before cold water therapy. Also, I noticed I`m not chilled when I go outside in just a light shirt and no jacket, as the season is changing here to Fall weather in the NE, US.

Thanks RedFox!,...

The rash could be caused by the coconut oil, and possibly the eggs. Perhaps try dropping the coconut oil for a week and see what happens?

He (my Son) was in The diet for almost 6 months with incredible results... no itching, etc... (Atopic Dermatitis has others collateral effects) all of them was gone.

It was only a week when he started to apply the Cold Protocol that the itching started (remember with showers between 25C° to 20C° (in the lucky cases)...

I'm aware that at those temperatures a lots of fungus and some basic virus survive with no problem....) we normally taked hot showers. before starting

the Cold Protocol.

That is why I want to test first the Bath SHOCK between 10C° to 15C° so that the increase in production of Glutathione (20%) can BOOST his

immune System and of course ours too... ;) and neutralize some brave viruses in the process.

But I'm worried with how he will react with the Initial Fever stages... :huh:

I will keep updating after next week when our Plastic Pool arrives and the Test begins I think that one week after that some results have to be

showing up.

Again thanks!!!... :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Ps... Some updates and spelling stuff.

m said:

Standing in the shower stream and slightly swaying around in a circle ( where my feet are stationary ) to keep the water running all over me works better than alternating front and back every minute or so.
I might give that technique a go. :)

m said:
I still wound up with a chill for a couple of hours afterward and if the thermometer was correct my body temp was down to 97F / 36C. Interestingly enough, after getting out of the water the air makes me feel colder than when in the water.

That appears to be part of the cold adaption process, as you become more cold adapted this chill disappears. And yes, I still experience feeling colder in the air than when I was in the water. :)

Alana said:
shellycheval said:
I am switching to cold baths instead of cold showers. In the past I have been brave about submerging myself into cold water quickly in lakes (including lake Superior as a child) and pools, finding it easier than the drawn out "torture" :lol: of slow immersion, but I find switching to cold in a shower with the water moving is worse--I swear my heart stops for a moment with the shock! ;). The moving water creates a "breeze" along with the cold that fluctuates the experience of the temperature and I feel like I cannot adapt or get "comfortable"/used to the cold like I can do in a more still body of water. I'll let you know how it goes. I have a deep well, close to 400 feet, and can fill the tub daily with no problem. Is there any consensus on whether it is better to do cold immersion before bed or in the morning, vary it, or no difference?

I tend to do it in the morning or early afternoon the latest, because it tends to energize me and awake me for the rest of the day. I haven't done it at night though, so I don't know if there are any benefits to it then. I'd be curious to hear from other people if they tried it at night, and if/how it affects their sleeping later.

And yes, I too consider the shower as slow torture. I'd rather get fully in the bath and just "suffer" for the first few minutes. Then it gets more comfortable.

I usually take cold baths at night and I slept a good night indeed.
In a first step I feel recovered from the fatigue of the day, the mind is cleared again, even a few days I had a bit of heaviness in my head, almost pain. All this disappears during bathing.
Then I usually comfort me with a cup of bone broth. I always take cold baths before dinner.

m said:
Laura thanks for the suggestion on the timing. I try to do 1 minute per C ( no clock around the bath yet, I'm estimating ), but I will try 30 seconds since I'm a skinny person. I think I can probably do 45 seconds to a minute, I don't shiver in the water, as I said it's after I get out that it really hits me. But my guess is when the temps get down into the 10C to 15C range that'll probably change, I remember that 50F - 55F feels much colder than 64F.

Yes, thank you for the suggestion on timing. As I did my first bath in about 16°C celsius for about 14 minutes I felt totally dizzy, though I dropped it last week to about 5-8 minutes and hadn't this dizzy spell again.

mariowil7 said:
Thanks RedFox!,...

The rash could be caused by the coconut oil, and possibly the eggs. Perhaps try dropping the coconut oil for a week and see what happens?

It may be also a detox reaction, maybe because of coconut of coconut I don't know, because I also had it last year when I took cold showers and it was itchy.

Laura said:
Some months back, in anticipation of doing cold therapy in a serious way, we acquired a really cheap above-ground pool. See attached photo. [..]
There's just NOTHING quite like that instant, whole body envelopment in cold water.

My thoughts exactly. Shower is good for psychological training [cold water at the face and more warm body parts], making the self get used to. Setting it to coldest the water flow ought to carry off bad chi from the feet: it washed away the pain after a couple of applications. I have no more Achilles-tendon pain in my heels after resistance exercise and pain from my damaged knee diminished to almost nothing.

A pool I want to acquire, because unlike a shower it totally envelops the body with the precious instant shock, there is nowhere to run, and from your description I'm craving a cold pool just for the effects even more.

If a shower gives some increase of willpower, hardening the psyche a little, a cold pool must be as complete a spiritual and physiological transforming experience as cold water is capable to affect the body and mind.

Thank you for describing the effect, you gave a strong motivation.

Thanks for the session. I was just thinking of the group or Laura using the Cerebro like professor Charles, to find the tribe and they mention the psychomantium.

I have to agree with the others about the cold protocols. I don't find it shocking the shock you get from the cold water, I actually find it with pleasure, like some sort of challenge. I take my cold showers and I'm losing fat so fast. I haven't had any emotional reaction, but I actually lose my mind when in it, like I get so focused on things and problems and for the rest of the day, like a trance, I have temperance, very relaxed. I also heal faster from workouts, this have been suggested to me before but I didn't put enough attention to cold showers until suggested in this network. I get less sore so to say. My body was also hotter, my palms can touch the skin of my legs and burn it, they can be as hot as the bottom of my laptop.

I'm also finding some of the answers from the cs' very funny. For example, closer or before the date of the session I was thinking about the stuff you can achieve with the "wise as a serpent gentle as a dove", just thinking this is the way some psychopaths may behave, now this is not bad in a way, if they are a caricature of people then that means this is an ability people are capable of. They mentioned something about the ectoplasm body, I have an idea now by reading Hostage of the devil, maybe that's what gets affected when the entity approaches the scenario, is like a body that is piercing people in many ways.

The fevers at night are also another occurrence to me, i just find myself having like mild fevers when sleeping. The problem is the herpes they bring lol.

I agree that colder is better. I'm finding the cold water at the house just isn't "getting it" for me. I put in as much pre-frozen ice blocks as freezer space will allow and ice from the fridge ice-maker. The water only gets down to about 52-55f. I know that this is the correct range, however, but it's getting a little ho-hum as time goes on. I don't shiver in the tub any more. I only shiver afterwards. Cold showers, though bracing at first, feel wimpy to me and I can't stand to stay in for very long just out of sheer boredom.

I had to spend some nights in a hotel recently so I took some cold baths while there. The first night the hotel's ice machine ran out of ice after two bags. The next day I bought a couple of ten pound bags of ice and used some hotel ice. It was absolutely frigid but divine. I'm not sure what the temp was cause I didn't have the thermometer with me but my skin went prickly then numb and I was red as a beet when I got out. It was fantastic. :lol:

I prefer to take baths during the day, mostly just to get it over with, but work schedule doesn't allow for it most days. Also, taking the bath during the day gives me plenty of time to warm up.

A note on vitamin C, it is required by the body to make hydroxyproline. Hydroxyproline stabilises the DNA helix. So is part of the truncated flow of liquid the Cs mention to do with a viral adaptation that stops humans producing their own vitamin C. Could it be that our bodies would evolve naturally to higher receivership capabilities with the oncoming wave and if we could produce vitamin C we would automatically stabilise those changes, but as it is at present we could flip in and out of those changes and not stabilise them unless we take or make vitamin C?

Hydroxyproline is a major component of the protein collagen.[3] Hydroxyproline and proline play key roles for collagen stability.[4] They permit the sharp twisting of the collagen helix.[5] In the canonical collagen Xaa-Yaa-Gly triad (where Xaa and Yaa are any amino acid), a proline occupying the Yaa position is hydroxylated to give a Xaa-Hyp-Gly sequence. This modification of the proline residue increases the stability of the collagen triple helix. It was initially proposed that the stabilization was due to water molecules forming a hydrogen bonding network linking the prolyl hydroxyl groups and the main-chain carbonyl groups.[6] It was subsequently shown that the increase in stability is primarily through stereoelectronic effects and that hydration of the hydroxyproline residues provides little or no additional stability. (wikipedia)

Human cells cannot perform the crucial last step of vitamin C biosynthesis, the conversion of l-gulono-g-lactone into ascorbic acid, which is catalysed by the enzyme gulonolactone oxidase. As a follow-up to Lehninger's work several years later, Nishikimi and co-workers observed that the gene that codes for gulonolactone oxidase is actually present in humans, but is not active due to the accumulation of several mutations that turned it into a non-functional pseudogene (Nishikimi & Yagi 1991).

Heres where things are interesting, take a look at goats they can make vitamin C their average core temperature is 38.5 - 39.7 degrees C.

So what we know, that humans do have the gene to manufacture vitamin C but it is switched off, I hypothesise that an increase in core temperature may activate the associated gene to catalyse manufacture of vitamin C. Thereby stabilising in our DNA the changes happening with the wave. There must be a study on the temperature require to activate gulonolactone oxidase?

Just an idea.

Could it be that our bodies would evolve naturally to higher receivership capabilities with the oncoming wave and if we could produce vitamin C we would automatically stabilise those changes, but as it is at present we could flip in and out of those changes and not stabilise them unless we take or make vitamin C?

Or maybe the keto-diet gives the necessary vitamin C.
See : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkdFkPxxDG8
at 19:00

Thank you for the session to all involved!

The past several weeks I've attempted to gradually ease into taking cold showers. Usually am in a rush to work in the morning, so am not in the water for long, maybe 2 to 3 minutes. I start out the water lukewarm and then for the last minute or so gradually switch to more cold. I am on more of a paleo diet currently (still reading up on the ketogenic diet and how to transition to ketosis) and am not as consistent with EE as I mean to be, so I wonder how much this impacts how well I'm able to adapt to the cold water or be benefited by it.

It does seem to help wake me up in the morning and can be invigorating, especially right after I'm out of the shower. Not sure that I particularly look forward to it yet though.

Prodigal Son said:
m said:

That appears to be part of the cold adaption process, as you become more cold adapted this chill disappears. And yes, I still experience feeling colder in the air than when I was in the water. :)

I was in the shower in the cold water for maybe a couple minutes longer than usual yesterday (not sure how cold, mean to get a thermometer) and after I got out, I noticed I wound up with a chill as well. It seemed to last for several hours and then go away. Right after getting out of the shower, I also noticed a slight bit of acid reflux which was a little strange. Had a slight headache but not for long. I seem to get cold quite easily in general, especially during the winter. Will take heed what was said about adjusting the temperature and duration according to weight.

Interestingly, a couple of days ago I heard a story about my cousin who had some health problems, she is older lady, and her husband took her to "thermal spa". Now this "thermal spa" had a water temperature of about 22C so it wasn't very pleasant for my cousin to get in because she was very sensitive to cold water. She even couldn't drink water from the pipe, she had to wait until the water warms up.

So she was very hesitant about that, but her husband was pushing her to go in and endure the pain. She did that, and after several sessions she says that now she takes showers with only mildly warm water because she doesn't like the warm water anymore! And she feels much better.

So it seems that even with 22C we can have some benefits. Of course, if you can, you should try lower. Or maybe spend some time on 22C before you go lower.

jsf said:
Could it be that our bodies would evolve naturally to higher receivership capabilities with the oncoming wave and if we could produce vitamin C we would automatically stabilise those changes, but as it is at present we could flip in and out of those changes and not stabilise them unless we take or make vitamin C?

Or maybe the keto-diet gives the necessary vitamin C.
See : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkdFkPxxDG8
at 19:00

Ah yes we do get it from a keto diet and in the documentary he tells us a hypothesis that with less carbohydrate ingestion we have less oxidative stress reducing our bodys' (deliberate use of ownership apostrophe) need for vitamin C. I understand vitamin C is absorbed from the ingestion particularly organ meats of animals that produce vitamin C.

My main point was we actually have the gene to produce Vit C but it is switched off due to mutation. Lots of other mammals produce their own vitamin C, the ones that we eat. After the wave transformation perhaps the eating of animals may not be necessary,for some people, or eating at all who knows???

Back
Top Bottom