Session 11 October 2014

gottathink said:
A note on vitamin C, it is required by the body to make hydroxyproline. Hydroxyproline stabilises the DNA helix. So is part of the truncated flow of liquid the Cs mention to do with a viral adaptation that stops humans producing their own vitamin C. Could it be that our bodies would evolve naturally to higher receivership capabilities with the oncoming wave and if we could produce vitamin C we would automatically stabilise those changes, but as it is at present we could flip in and out of those changes and not stabilise them unless we take or make vitamin C?

Hydroxyproline is a major component of the protein collagen.[3] Hydroxyproline and proline play key roles for collagen stability.[4] They permit the sharp twisting of the collagen helix.[5] In the canonical collagen Xaa-Yaa-Gly triad (where Xaa and Yaa are any amino acid), a proline occupying the Yaa position is hydroxylated to give a Xaa-Hyp-Gly sequence. This modification of the proline residue increases the stability of the collagen triple helix. It was initially proposed that the stabilization was due to water molecules forming a hydrogen bonding network linking the prolyl hydroxyl groups and the main-chain carbonyl groups.[6] It was subsequently shown that the increase in stability is primarily through stereoelectronic effects and that hydration of the hydroxyproline residues provides little or no additional stability. (wikipedia)

Human cells cannot perform the crucial last step of vitamin C biosynthesis, the conversion of l-gulono-g-lactone into ascorbic acid, which is catalysed by the enzyme gulonolactone oxidase. As a follow-up to Lehninger's work several years later, Nishikimi and co-workers observed that the gene that codes for gulonolactone oxidase is actually present in humans, but is not active due to the accumulation of several mutations that turned it into a non-functional pseudogene (Nishikimi & Yagi 1991).

Heres where things are interesting, take a look at goats they can make vitamin C their average core temperature is 38.5 - 39.7 degrees C.

So what we know, that humans do have the gene to manufacture vitamin C but it is switched off, I hypothesise that an increase in core temperature may activate the associated gene to catalyse manufacture of vitamin C. Thereby stabilising in our DNA the changes happening with the wave. There must be a study on the temperature require to activate gulonolactone oxidase?

Just an idea.
That's a good idea. I was thinking about it today. Perhaps this gene was switched on in our cold-adapted ancestors who managed to survive the ice age without having any external sources of vitamine c (because the were able to produce it in their bodies). Just wondering which other genes can be switched on in our cold-adapted bodies...

I'm on day 4 of my cold adaptation effort. I have a process. I start out by lifting some weights to warm up. I'm lucky in that my new house has a large Jacuzzi-type in the master bathroom. Right now our water is about 6C, so I added a bit of hot water to make it about 7.2. I start out with a regular warm shower to wash (not giving up those). Then, in the shower I cool the water down gradually. I found that if I tried to go right in the cold bath it was really hard, but once I'm wet with cold water it's easier. Then I go into the cold bath. When that gets too intense I go back to the cool then cold shower. Then I repeat that process going back and forth. Today was the first day I felt like I was used to this. It really does get easier, I thought everyone was lying about that. :lol:Especially when they say they look forward to it. Today was also the first day I got to the point of shivering. I was even able to sit in the cold water and run the jets which really intensifies the process.

As for the effects, the first day I tried this I got a headache. I think it was from the tightening up of my neck muscles from the shock. But that stopped. I also felt very tired the first couple of days.

Altair said:
gottathink said:
A note on vitamin C, it is required by the body to make hydroxyproline. Hydroxyproline stabilises the DNA helix. So is part of the truncated flow of liquid the Cs mention to do with a viral adaptation that stops humans producing their own vitamin C. Could it be that our bodies would evolve naturally to higher receivership capabilities with the oncoming wave and if we could produce vitamin C we would automatically stabilise those changes, but as it is at present we could flip in and out of those changes and not stabilise them unless we take or make vitamin C?

Hydroxyproline is a major component of the protein collagen.[3] Hydroxyproline and proline play key roles for collagen stability.[4] They permit the sharp twisting of the collagen helix.[5] In the canonical collagen Xaa-Yaa-Gly triad (where Xaa and Yaa are any amino acid), a proline occupying the Yaa position is hydroxylated to give a Xaa-Hyp-Gly sequence. This modification of the proline residue increases the stability of the collagen triple helix. It was initially proposed that the stabilization was due to water molecules forming a hydrogen bonding network linking the prolyl hydroxyl groups and the main-chain carbonyl groups.[6] It was subsequently shown that the increase in stability is primarily through stereoelectronic effects and that hydration of the hydroxyproline residues provides little or no additional stability. (wikipedia)

Human cells cannot perform the crucial last step of vitamin C biosynthesis, the conversion of l-gulono-g-lactone into ascorbic acid, which is catalysed by the enzyme gulonolactone oxidase. As a follow-up to Lehninger's work several years later, Nishikimi and co-workers observed that the gene that codes for gulonolactone oxidase is actually present in humans, but is not active due to the accumulation of several mutations that turned it into a non-functional pseudogene (Nishikimi & Yagi 1991).

Heres where things are interesting, take a look at goats they can make vitamin C their average core temperature is 38.5 - 39.7 degrees C.

So what we know, that humans do have the gene to manufacture vitamin C but it is switched off, I hypothesise that an increase in core temperature may activate the associated gene to catalyse manufacture of vitamin C. Thereby stabilising in our DNA the changes happening with the wave. There must be a study on the temperature require to activate gulonolactone oxidase?

Just an idea.
That's a good idea. I was thinking about it today. Perhaps this gene was switched on in our cold-adapted ancestors who managed to survive the ice age without having any external sources of vitamine c (because the were able to produce it in their bodies). Just wondering which other genes can be switched on in our cold-adapted bodies...
Well it seems it is possible for gene mutations to be temperature sensitive:

Reversible and easy to use, temperature-sensitive (TS) mutations are powerful tools for studying gene function. However, TS alleles are rare and difficult to generate and identify, and this has limited their use in most multicellular organisms. We have generated and characterized 41 intein switches, temperature-sensitive Sce VMA mutations that splice only at the permissive temperatures to generate intact host proteins. At nonpermissive temperatures, they fail to splice, resulting in a loss of function of the proteins in which they reside. By inserting an intein switch into a protein of interest, one can turn on and off the activities of the engineered protein with a simple temperature shift. The 41 TS inteins function in five different temperature ranges, with permissive temperatures ranging from 18° to 30°. This collection makes it possible to choose a TS-intein switch according to the optimal growth temperature of an organism or to suit a special experimental design.
Temperature-Sensitive Mutations Made Easy: Generating Conditional Mutations by Using Temperature-Sensitive Inteins That Function Within Different Temperature Ranges. Genetics. Sep 2009; 183(1): 13–22.

The cattle would get sick in the fall but as soon as the weather turned colder, requiring a higher core temperature, they would clear up. The cold weather always made the farm animals more healthy, along with the people who cared for them. I have always felt better after working outside in -20 to -40C for several hours at a time.

It seems cold but if you bear down and get to it, you may find yourself opening your coat and even working in shirt sleeves if the wind is down and the sun is out.

(L) So if you're a member of a tribal unit, you are in a way connected via DNA connections or signals or frequencies with your other tribal members, whether they are incarnated or not? Is that what we're saying here?

A: Pretty much; no man is an island!

Today I found a book in my second hand library, "No man is an island" by an Austrian author, Mr. Johannes Mario Simmel. I checked for information about this book, nothing at all in Internet. But looking about this expression No man is an island, I found this poem by John Donne. It is a very beautiful poem, you will see.

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/no-man-is-an-island/

No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.

About John Donne:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Donne

jsf said:
Could it be that our bodies would evolve naturally to higher receivership capabilities with the oncoming wave and if we could produce vitamin C we would automatically stabilise those changes, but as it is at present we could flip in and out of those changes and not stabilise them unless we take or make vitamin C?

Or maybe the keto-diet gives the necessary vitamin C.
See : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkdFkPxxDG8
at 19:00

The vitamin C factor is really interesting to me. Thank you gottathink and jsf. The Low Carb Living video seems an excellent way to explain the ketogenic diet (a keeper for me) and it also mentions the fact that the Inuits didn't have any usual source to get their vitamin C but didn't get scurvy. There may be a cold therapy connections it seems with DNA switches that we are just now studying.

As others have mentioned, there seems to be some sort of emotional aspect to this cold adaptation. Having done cold adaptation for quite some time now, I've started to feel more and more of some kind of emotional processing going on after the showers. Just today, after the cold shower (the water here is around 7C), I heard my wife singing and playing the piano in the living room, and I almost started crying because it touched me very deeply.

And, if I have the chance to lay down and close my eyes after a cold shower, I sense these waves of emotions and impassions overwhelming me. Sometimes they are memories of something that happened in the past, sometimes realizations - "aha moments" of understanding of some past thing that happened. This is just my layman's guess, but could it be that the shaking and tremor we experience after a cold shower/bath somehow releases memories and suppressed emotions in the body, from the muscles and tissues?

Aragorn said:
As others have mentioned, there seems to be some sort of emotional aspect to this cold adaptation. Having done cold adaptation for quite some time now, I've started to feel more and more of some kind of emotional processing going on after the showers. Just today, after the cold shower (the water here is around 7C), I heard my wife singing and playing the piano in the living room, and I almost started crying because it touched me very deeply.

And, if I have the chance to lay down and close my eyes after a cold shower, I sense these waves of emotions and impassions overwhelming me. Sometimes they are memories of something that happened in the past, sometimes realizations - "aha moments" of understanding of some past thing that happened. This is just my layman's guess, but could it be that the shaking and tremor we experience after a cold shower/bath somehow releases memories and suppressed emotions in the body, from the muscles and tissues?
Absolutely,
From the sounds of peoples experiences we have neurogenic trauma releasing tremors happening. This can be induced in a variety of ways, there is some kind of route through the musculo-skeletal, limbic, vagus nerve, or cold induced through the central nervous system. I haven't quite got my head around it all but the links are clearly there. Animals naturally release and tremor out their nervous system tension after trauma, we humans need a bit of assistance to get the mechanism going again. When we are kept in a fight flight state chronically it is easy to control use our resilience is decreased we are afraid of the shadows.

To sum it up these are the things I think that help us to rid the body of this tension:

1) Ketogenic diet and feeding our healthy gut bacteria, through the gut brain connection

2) Cold adaptation which induces tremoring and raises core body temperature increasing resilience

3) Neurogenic tremoring instigated by trauma release exercises

4)Body therapies that gently communicate with the central nervous system through fascial proprioception that also creates a trauma/tension release, particularly when focused on the iliopsoas muscle

5)Breathing techniques that stimulate the diaphragm (EE) and relax the oral facial muscles (pipe breathing)

6)Placing the tip of the tongue firmly into the roof of the mount this protects the oesophagus and the throat can open relaxing the oral facial mucles which allow the sphenoid bone to freely move with the cranial-sacral rhythm, hydrating the brain and balancing the endocrine system.

Thanks for the contact to Cass, but ...

Where Prolnilla said:
A: Time for you to sit in the psychomantium or something similar with pencil and paper ready.

What's Psychomantium? My Greek is poor, and it is "pencil and paper" Sounds like “papas” potatoes in Spanish.

Then he said "pelase" on:
A: Limit personal questions please.

“please”, “please”, very rare or not?
For please, there are 19 pages of questions on "Personal questions for the C's."
Sorry, but I had to say. :-[

Hi ealvizo2012,
The Psychomantium has been described in the Wave series. For example, this chapter https://cassiopaea.org/2012/01/10/the-wave-chapter-51-the-pyschomantium/ addresses it.

"pencil and paper" translates to "lapiz y papel" in Spanish.

Personal questions are not questions asked by persons, they are question about persons. In the actual context, it is preferable to ask questions that benefit everybody, not questions that benefit a certain person (personal question).

Hope it helps.

I agree with the C's that we dont need more personal questions.....sorry...fix your own problems, otherwise you are not learning, nothing ...and only shows that you are sts...more than sto..path.......

piliangie said:
I agree with the C's that we dont need more personal questions.....sorry...fix your own problems, otherwise you are not learning, nothing ...and only shows that you are sts...more than sto..path.......

Well, first of all, I think it's easy to say "fix your own problems", but can you imagine how it is to be in their situations? You have serious struggles, lot of hard times, bizarre and strange situations (like explained in the Amazing Grace and Wave series), and wouldn't you ask a questions so that you have a better understanding of situation?

Second, Laura's injury. Can you imagine how it's like to have injured part/parts of your sacrum. It affects every action you take! Every day, every minute, every moment you're in pain. You can't stand, sit, work, walk, sleep normally, you are in pain all the time. Here is quote from another thread http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,36090.45.html about that

Chu said:
Laura is doing her best to recover asap. She thanks you all for your best wishes and suggestions. Unfortunately, she can't apply all of them, because certain positions can give her vertigo, for example. She can only read standing up or laying down in a specific position, sideways. Whenever she tries to sit longer at her computer, that leads to her being in pain afterwards. She can walk a little without pain, and comes downstairs or we go visit her, but she still needs rest. It's hard for her to not be able to do as much as she usually does!
And wouldn't you ask for help in that situation? I certainly would. I wouldn't consider myself STS for that. This seems to me something very normal and I think everybody will do it. Imagine you have a friend who can help you with something, wouldn't you ask for help? But, in the last session, Laura didn't even ask for her health problems. She is getting better, but still, I think there is lot of pain and struggle.

So, what seems to me, the reason you judge them is simple you haven't been in their situation. If you were, you would understand them better. They did huge, huge job, helped lot of people, gave so much of their energy, love, time and everything to others. Asking questions only means you're a human being and live in a 3D and it is totally understandable and normal to me.

Hi!
I still haven't sorted out my internet problem which is connected with my money problem which is connected with me being undisciplined. I have a huge need to start doing things right. I hope I'll show some progress soon. I'll measure my water too, and post it :).
Thanks for everything and good luck with everything you're doing.

getting used to the cold now, still have a cold shower everyday its not cold enough so moved on to baths
with the addition of ice much better can stay there for around 8 mins gonna push to 10 mins
on the next one later today
a little work out before hand to get motivated few push ups and pull ups then straight in :)

Thank you very much, Laura...you outdid yourself again in view of the pain you're in yet still came away with one of the most info-laden sessions ever!

The parting advice from the C's regarding the psychomantium indicates things are heating up very fast, do you think? That part of the session to me was like a marker; a 'call to action' after the spill regarding dna, frequencies and chakras/networking and it nearly raised goose bumps on me.

Thanks again everyone!

Back
Top Bottom