Session 4 April 2015

goyacobol said:
That dirty little bell hop lied and said he only kept $2 when he really kept $2.01. :evil: Then if you add the $2.01 to the 27.99 you have the original $30.00 dollars if the room rate stayed the same. :lol: :P

Hi goyacobol,

Nice try, but no cigar. :)

How about this:

They began with a 2 party zero sum game ($30 being the basis).
Midway, they changed it--to a 3 party zero sum game, but with a new basis. Your dirty little fellow made it $28 instead of the original $30. But due to its 3 party nature, this info is not known to all.
In this new game, the true cost per person is no longer $10 but $9.333333 (as in 28/3). But the 3 quests do not know this.

Our minds are somehow stuck with the first game--trying to fit its logic onto the second game, even though the basis has changed. Hence the confusion.

FWIW.

sitting said:
goyacobol said:
That dirty little bell hop lied and said he only kept $2 when he really kept $2.01. :evil: Then if you add the $2.01 to the 27.99 you have the original $30.00 dollars if the room rate stayed the same. :lol: :P

Hi goyacobol,

Nice try, but no cigar. :)

How about this:

They began with a 2 party zero sum game ($30 being the basis).
Midway, they changed it--to a 3 party zero sum game, but with a new basis. Your dirty little fellow made it $28 instead of the original $30. But due to its 3 party nature, this info is not known to all.
In this new game, the true cost per person is no longer $10 but $9.333333 (as in 28/3). But the 3 quests do not know this.

Our minds are somehow stuck with the first game--trying to fit its logic onto the second game, even though the basis has changed. Hence the confusion.

FWIW.

sitting,

Don't you care about the missing .666667 cents? Anyway, I almost just ignored this post and wondered why Al Today brought it up. I suppose we are all doing a little "wiseacring" as Gurdjieff might say but we also are hopefully learning something. Maybe this is related to the "Third Man Theme"? We are all looking for that "missing" piece of information it seems.

Session 4 April 1998
Q: Okay, I get the connection. In the studies of the Triple Goddess, I came across some interesting things. You suggested that I should research the Third Man Theme. I have discovered that the origin of the word 'man' meant a female - the goddess. The oldest word for the male of the species was 'wer' as in 'werewolf.' So, the Third Man Theme could mean actually, the Triple Goddess. Am I correct?

A: Close, if viewed through "sheets of rain."

I don't know if this is how we are supposed to use our "imagination" but maybe a little "mirth" is OK once in awhile. :/

goyacobol said:
Don't you care about the missing .666667 cents?

I don't know if this is how we are supposed to use our "imagination" but maybe a little "mirth" is OK once in awhile. :/

Hi goyacobol,

Yes to your first question. What I'm saying is $2 was taken out of game one. (.66666666 times 3) is the $2 the bell hop took out. The zero sum nature of game 1 (between the 3 quests and the hotel) was violated. The money went somewhere else. The true basis for game 1 went from $30 to $28 because of this.

And yes again to your second question. The framework from which we view our problems matter a great deal, I think. And this riddle may be a good illustration.
I gather many are still having a problem with it.

FWIW.

I was going to ask about putting protection around ourselves when we do any work and I just realized that is a STS idea. When we talk about the individual harming the group, do intentions come into play? If, say the people who decide they are going to wait until something happens before working on themselves... There is no intended harm to the group but one of the spokes isn't as strong as the others. Will the wheel collapse.

I want to believe that people progress in their own time and that the point of the group dynamic is that as a whole, we are more. If We carry each other through parts that we individually struggle with, the wheel won't collapse. I hope that's true.

If there are people here with the intention of harming the dynamic, or undermining our progress, would we "see" their real nature after a while? Again I'd like to think so.

sitting said:
goyacobol said:
Don't you care about the missing .666667 cents?

Hi goyacobol,

Yes to your first question. What I'm saying is $2 was taken out of game one. (.66666666 times 3) is the $2 the bell hop took out. The zero sum nature of game 1 (between the 3 quests and the hotel) was violated. The money went somewhere else. The true basis for game 1 went from $30 to $28 because of this.

And yes again to your second question. The framework from which we view our problems matter a great deal, I think. And this riddle may be a good illustration.
I gather many are still having a problem with it.

FWIW.

sitting,

I think you and I are resonating at close intervals. We are not as much interested in "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin"Counsil of Trent? as what's it all about really? We realize that this a good example of how we can be easily distracted in 3D and we shouldn't let the distractions let us fight with one another and keep us from reaching the goal of connecting "heart chakras". I am actually still working on your last questions in a previous post about the following:

When they say connect chakras by proper networking, do they mean connecting one's own internal chakras (through the process of networking with others)--or do they mean connecting one's chakras with the chakras of other people?

Or maybe both? The second coming after the first?

Or maybe even the second without the first?

An internal (self) connection makes more intuitive sense to my way of thinking. It speaks to a greater reliance on self and less of a dependency on others. And it's the gathering of self connected individuals that gives rise to the next level of connective power. The individual's internal connection being the true basis. But I could be wrong.

PS
This difference I think can lead to a slightly different emphasis on one's approach. The internal aspect being perhaps more important. FWIW.

I think Laura, Mr. Premise and others have already answered these questions very well but your questions have made me do more searching so I will maybe add some of my findings as soon as I can.
I was kind of interrupted by the math puzzle but that is OK because we are really all connected here in some strange ways I suppose. So, I thank Al Today for joining in. We all feel that we have such a small part in the big picture that we forget to just play the part we have. Thanks, Al Today for just being you and I think that is what we should all do here. We need to appreciate each other for the parts we have to share. It is like a big mosaic of different personalities, backgrounds and experiences that will make us more than we could ever be individually.

I have learned so much just by being here and participating. It is a slow process learning about each other but I think that it is worth just as much as anything we may ever learn FWIW. :)

AL Today said:
Laura said:
[...]
And that's also why personal responsibility is so important because the fall of one member can affect all the rest.

For myself, I do not think I can handle the burden of being responsible for others in this respect.

Hi AL Today,

I want to tell you you're not the only one who feels trepidation at this realization.
I'm in the same boat. And I'm sure there're others.

But Laura is our guide. She simply charges ahead ... "working every day."

What I feel as I write, is this immensity of choosing. At every thought, every word.
How to be direct, honest, forceful--but kind at the same time. Not easy to do.

And I mess up often. That used to worry me. But I've gained greater trust that others, seeing my errors--are willing to forgive. To cut me some slack. Primarily because they think my heart's in the right place. Even if my words are off. Hence my own fear has gotten less & less. And (hopefully) my sense of purpose more & more.

When you choose with the right intention, things do tend to fall in place, I think.
And having the freedom to choose IS often scary.

FWIW.

Well-said, sitting. As the saying goes, to err is human... to forgive divine. Doing the best you can, with a constant reminder of what's at stake is all anyone can ask for. :)

Sitting, I couldn't agree with you more. An important truth is that we are on a journey that is different than any other spiritual journey we've been through. Needing to abandon old monies of thinking and old ideas we considered truth is major and we will stumble. Perhaps that is a question we can ask the C's... Though I think it's been answered by "Networking" but how can we help each other, pull each other up so that we walk together. I let go of time and distance long ago because of my work with the Course in Miracles. Since they are an illusion we really are connecting in person. I know that if I give myself over to helping others align, my own alignment will happen.

But as I read in one of the session transcripts, this type of work simply cannot be done alone. That is a stumbling block for me. Why? Because it's very difficult to find a group that isn't self serving. I didn't realize that until now- the reason I've shied away from groups. I know the best way to overcome my own stumbling block is to extend myself to others,.to help where I'm needed. Only this will bring me past my own fear of being led.

Together we are far greater than the sum of all parts . Simple and true. And the very basis for helping each other along. Once you've become undone, a major depression sets in. What's left when I've forgone the world and its trappings? I now see that all there is and all that matters is connecting with others.

I know this to be true b/c when I read the transcript, I felt like I knew it all along. Also the synchronicity of what I am reading pans what I've been experiencing are nothing less than miraculous. It's contestant. I now understand why so many things feel the way that they do.

I can only presume that the messages in the transcript are the truth. And the transcripts tell us that networking is the true way. And I will study and read and learn to be a solid spoke in the wheel.
I'll be here to help those who stumble as I know you will help me. The symbiosis of the group is at stake and Ixwipll do my best to preserve it.

Jodi said:
When we talk about the individual harming the group, do intentions come into play? If, say the people who decide they are going to wait until something happens before working on themselves... There is no intended harm to the group but one of the spokes isn't as strong as the others. Will the wheel collapse.

No. It takes work to achieve the FRV to even approach the "connecting chakras" stage. So, if they aren't "at the level" to hook up, then they are peripheral. Take a look at Gurdjieff's description of the esoteric circles for ideas on this.

AL Today said:
Where is the missing dollar?

Numbers, you gotta love them... :huh:

But it really isn't about the numbers, it's about our minds. The numbers are fine.
It's also about the dangers of obsession. And rigidity.

To put this one to rest, try this ... from an "above" framework:

The 3 men gave the hotel $25 ... and gave the bell hop $5.
(it's the equivalent action--viewed from "above.")
The bell hop gave back to the men $3.
The men hence net spent $27 (3X9).
And that matches the $25 plus $2 (amount hotel plus boy kept).

Now the fun part.

Line up the original presentation to this formulation--and see where the verbal trickery and mental confusion occurred.

I believe it's in the obsession with the number 30. Once $3 were given back, the number 30 became a deception--and nothing more. But somehow it stayed locked onto our brains.
FWIW.

Where is the missing dollar?

In fact, this is fun, so I'll bite into the bait, and take this approach.

The hotel is voluntarily waived $ 5. The hotel is OK.
Each guest received $ 1 more. Guests are OK
Bellboy, obviously, has a $ 2 more. Bellboy is OK.

Who is missing $ 1?

or

Why seek something, you (actually) has never lost? :)

Laura said:
Session Date: April 4th 2015

(Perceval) So, what caused the crash of the Germanwings flight into the mountain?

A: Autopilot system.

Q: (Perceval) The autopilot system caused it. Well, yeah! We know that. Was the autopilot system hijacked remotely?

A: Yes

Q: (Perceval) Uh, by who?

A: Guess!

Q: (Perceval) Mossad.

A: Yes

Q: (Perceval) Was the purpose to...

A: A warning! Imagine all the "authorities" in various governments being made acutely aware that planes that they travel on themselves can be so easily manipulated?!

Q: (Galatea) So they can control any plane they want at any time.

(Perceval) So that suggests that this remote hijacking isn't limited to Boeing's uninterruptible autopilot system being installed, because that could be taken out. "Authorities" could have that removed...

A: It needs the system!

TR: Security expert allegedly told FBI he hacked & steered airliner mid-flight

Q: (Galatea) Speaking of pets, I wanted to ask if it's possible to take pets into 4D with you?

A: In some instances if there is sufficient bonding so as to increase the FRV of the 2D creature. In the case of Sebastian, being loved by so many, this is possible.

Q: (L) So you kind of piggyback him. So, you're saying that some creatures can skip 3D?

A: Rare, but possible.

I remember reading in Castañedas book, The Power of Silence, that Don Juan talks about warriors trees and that he and his group would carry them on their " definitive journey". I don't know for certain if that "definitive journey " means that they moved to 4D, but if it is, how interesting that maybe not only dogs , but trees could go to 4D thanks to their bonds with "graduate" humans.

Back
Top Bottom