SOTT.net down?

I tried the SOTT on my phone, and it doesn't look good either. There are too big spaces between paragraphs. I think that this new theme is best viewed on tablets.

I actually think that the front page looks pretty neat and clear in that way (IPhone via Yandex and Safari browser)! I have to agree though, that the sizing of the articles, when you read them on the phone, might be a problem.

Really nice job on the new SOTT server. Things are looking great!

However, I mostly use SOTT on my phone and I seem to be experiencing some issues. Everything looks oversized and crammed together. I’m also not able to go past the second page on any section without it reverting back to the first page.

I don’t know where else to post this, so I apologize if this isn’t the right place. I saw that the kinks are still being worked on, so I don’t require any kind of reply. Just thought I would share the technical issues I’m experiencing for the sake of awareness.

I actually think that the front page looks pretty neat and clear in that way (IPhone via Yandex and Safari browser)! I have to agree though, that the sizing of the articles, when you read them on the phone, might be a problem.

Yes, I was talking about the articles themselves. I compared the font to some other websites, and just like on desktop, it's too big on my phone. Maybe it looks better on iPhone because it has a higher resolution than mine.

I don't know much about how browsers behave on a phone, but isn't there an option to change the font sizes?

While changing the font size would offer a temporary solution, that’s not something you can do on an iPhone, as far as I know.
Yes, you can change it! I know it :lol: had to make it bigger in general (not for SOTT). It is in the settings --> Accessibility settings (dunno if this is the correct word in English)

Take your time working on the bugs that always show up on updates.

No please don't! While it is great the site has got an upgrade and the larger font is easier on my poor eyes the site does not load well at all on my laptop with various titles and subtitles not displaying properly or running into each other. This does not happen with any of the other sites i look at - and sott is now unusable on my phone. I know nothing of website design but perhaps it's a scaling issue? This issue may put people off using the site. I don't put comments on the sott site (even though I have been looking at it for over a decade at least) and I notice that the frequent commenters on the site don't always post here so while everyone on the cass site is seemingly happy perhaps not everyone on the sott site is.

Yes, you can change it! I know it :lol: had to make it bigger in general (not for SOTT). It is in the settings --> Accessibility settings (dunno if this is the correct word in English)
Well, yes I’m aware. But that’s not effective in this scenario. We just have to wait for a fix.

Edit: I don’t know why I’m acting like I’ve never had an iPhone before. Browser text size can be changed by pressing on the aA symbol to the left of the search field. No need to go into settings.

Last edited:
I think that the update is still ongoing. This morning i was going to remark how with the introduction of small images, every category on the main page had only five articles, which for fast moving categories can be too little (you refresh the page, a hundred twenty articles have been published in the last hour and you catch only the last five) but now it's fixed to a good amount. I imagine there are many parameters to tweak before the final look.

Back
Top Bottom