sott site won't download again.

SeekinTruth said:
Yup, haven't been able to get my daily SOTT fix from early this morning. My brother said it was working late last night though, so whatever the problem it, it happened after he got off the internet.

Same here. Hope it gets solved soon.

Here in Germany first I got a cached version of de.sott.net and now I see this error message:

Error 522
Ray ID: 1e6e0f543f371577 • 2015-05-15 10:12:08 UTC
Connection timed out

Cloudflare is working and host has got an error

Maybe we are honored with another attack (STS) or there are only technical issues. I am sure that Sott technical team is already working on this and we have only be patient until this is fixed again. :cool2:

SoTT is down for me too here in Australia, was slow this morning but it was still loading. I get the same error message as has been posted above.

It's back.

I couldn't find anything obviously wrong in the logs. It seems the server just died at about midnight Frenchy time.

It should have been back up much sooner, but I neglected to give m all the login details he needed to fix it. :headbash:

Sorry, folks!
:-[

Thanks Scottie, its up and running now.. :thup:

BTW, I assume that currently SOTT is not deployed on a high availability architecture.

Coming from my experiences in setting up production servers, I would suggest that SOTT deployed on a highly available architecture to avoid downtime.

I recall that SOTT is implemented using Ruby on Rails.

I don't really know whats the best solution for Ruby. Because my experiences are mostly in setting up Java app servers (e.g. WebLogic, etc.)

But, there is one solution that I know of that can be used to implement high availability architecture for Ruby applications. It's called OpenShift Origin (www.openshift.org). It's an open source platform that can help you deploy web applications in a high available and scalable manner.

You can implement it by yourself in your own servers or you can use the online version provided by RedHat (www.openshift.com), if setting up by yourself takes too much effort.

Just my 2 cents.. :)

Scottie said:
It's back.

I couldn't find anything obviously wrong in the logs. It seems the server just died at about midnight Frenchy time.

It should have been back up much sooner, but I neglected to give m all the login details he needed to fix it. :headbash:

Sorry, folks!
:-[

Good deal! It's back up for me as well.

yanz said:
Thanks Scottie, its up and running now.. :thup:

BTW, I assume that currently SOTT is not deployed on a high availability architecture.

We've considered more complicated (and more expensive) setups, but I don't think it's time quite yet.

In the 13+ year history of SOTT, I estimate our uptime has been around 99.7%.

That's pretty good for an all-volunteer, no corporate backing, do a lot with very little web site that gets the amount of traffic we currently get.

Scottie said:
That's pretty good for an all-volunteer, no corporate backing, do a lot with very little web site that gets the amount of traffic we currently get.

Honestly I would say that it is at least excellent, fantastic :perfect: :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom