The Killers' irreligious experience in Georgia

Niall

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
The media, particularly British media, recently reported on an ugly incident at a concert by American rock band The Killers in Georgia (the nation-state, not the US state), and framed it as the band's fault.

I should preface my comments on it by confessing that I'm a fan of this band's music, and that this is partly due to admiration for their lead singer, Brandon Flowers. As Joe recently said to me when I expressed mixed feelings about the passing of Sinead O'Connor, all 'stars' inevitably become such because of some inherently narcissistic need to 'make it big'. There's a 'hole' in them they 'need to fill', which, more often than not, leads to mental illness, premature death, and/or soul-destroying colinearity with the very Beast system they're ostensibly singing protest songs against. And so, mindful that this could essentially be no different in his case, from all I hear and read - second-hand, of course, for only those closest to him can really know - about Brandon Flowers, he seems like a 'good egg': faithfully married, raising three children, kind to his colleagues and strangers, and delighting audiences the world over with uplifting music and show-stopping concerts.

With that caveat about 'star performers' in mind, here's what happened in Georgia:

Earlier this month, in Tbilisi, doing yet another full-stadium gig, towards the end of their performance The Killers did their usual - and universally, until now - wildly popular routine of inviting someone at random from the crowd to get up onstage and perform (usually on drums) one of their older hits with the band. In a back-and-forth exchange from the stage, Flowers attempts to suss out their musical abilities, what their name is and where they're from, simply so he can decide whether to invite them up, introduce him or her to the rest of the audience, and join in with playing a song.

Well, because the place has historically been part of Russia, quite a number of Russians live in Georgia, and to this day the two populations remain heavily mixed, economically and culturally, and because a sizeable number of additional Russians are 'hiding out' there to avoid military conscription. In the meantime, because Washington and London covet Georgia for NATO, much (most?) of the population has been brainwashed by American and European NGOs into the same kind of vitriolic russophobia as Ukrainians, so when Flowers learns from the crowd member that he's Russian and, being vaguely aware that this might be problematic, asks the crowd "if it's ok?" that he come up onstage, this happens:

For anyone who can't see the video, the crowd begins booing, and its anger only increases as Flowers attempts to 'transcend divides' by encouraging them to 'embrace-him-as-their-brother-who-is-also-there-for-the-music'. This has probably always worked for Flowers before... until it didn't! On the one hand you could say this was naive of him, that's he's just another ignorant Westerner who probably 'should have known better'. But what should he have known? That Georgians hate Russians, and that that's an acceptable state of affairs? That songs about love and fun must respectfully circumscribe that hate, leaving it untouched to fester permanently? Learning that he was Russian, should Flowers have passed him over and said to someone else, "What about you over there?! Would you like to come up and play?!"

For the media, the lesson is obvious: Flowers should have known that Russia is "currently occupying parts of Georgia" (it isn't - there are two breakaway regions that want to join the Russian Federation because they've had enough of ethno-nationalist Georgians leveraging their geopolitical 'in' with Washington to oppress them), and that this meant he was insensitive to their 'oppression by Russia'. Some headlines are even suggesting that Flowers expressly chose a Russian from the crowd just to spite his hosts and take an active political position!

Which is, of course, BS, of the highest grade. The Killers have assiduously skirted around all politics for 20 years, managing the impossible of avoiding 'categorization' in America's climate of increasingly ferocious socio-political polarization. Yet here they are, 'going out into the world', guided by their usual strategic enclosure of not taking political positions, which has worked splendidly up until now, and find that a political position is inadvertently 'forced' on them. Media reporting goes on to say that the band 'walked off the stage', whereas in fact, despite the hostile atmosphere, they finished their planned set then issued an apology:

The tragi-comic aspect of this is that The Killers are probably - at least in part, and informed by Flowers' Mormon Christian upbringing - motivated to 'spread the good news'. While their lyrics never cross the line of being overtly Christian, if you listen to their music and watch their shows, you can't help but feel 'religiously uplifted' by at least some of it, which on first hearing sounds mostly like kitschy pop, but listen closely and you'll find that their themes typically hover closely around love (both romantic and divine), faith and hope.

Well, in Georgia, having 'melted away' the outer layers of the crowd's 'daily strife and troubles' with music to "unite them in a communal experience," The Killers found that underneath was an atavistic creature that 'cannot hear the music', thus 'cannot hear the good news', and thus to attempt to do so was to 'cast pearls before swine'. That should be the lesson this band learns from this unsettling experience.

So, God Bless Brandon Flowers and The Killers, and, as always, to Hell with the media and their mind-controlled minions!

Last edited:
The media, particularly British media, recently reported on an ugly incident at a concert by American rock band The Killers in Georgia (the nation-state, not the US state), and framed it as the band's fault.

I should caveat my comments on it by confessing that I'm a fan of this band's music, and that this is partly due to admiration for their lead singer, Brandon Flowers. As Joe recently said to me when I expressed mixed feelings about the passing of Sinead O'Connor, all 'stars' inevitably become such because of some inherently narcissistic need to 'make it big', a need that, more often than not, leads to mental illness, premature death, and/or soul-destroying colinearity with the very Beast system they're ostensibly singing protest songs against. And so, mindful that this could essentially be no different in his case, from all I hear and read - second-hand, of course, for only those closest to him can really know - about Brandon Flowers, he seems like a 'good egg': faithfully married, raising three children, kind to his colleagues and strangers, and delighting audiences the world over with uplifting music and show-stopping concerts.

With that caveat about 'star performers' in mind, here's what happened in Georgia:

Earlier this month, in Tbilisi, doing yet another full-stadium gig, towards the end of their performance The Killers did their usual - and universally, until now - wildly popular routine of inviting someone at random from the crowd to get up onstage and perform (usually on drums) one of their older hits with the band. In a back-and-forth exchange from the stage, Flowers attempts to suss out their musical abilities, what their name is and where they're from, simply so he can decide whether to invite them up, introduce him or her to the rest of the audience, and join in with playing a song.

Well, because the place has historically been part of Russia, quite a number of Russians live in Georgia, and to this day the two populations remain heavily mixed, economically and culturally, and because a sizeable number of additional Russians are 'hiding out' there to avoid military conscription. In the meantime, because Washington and London covet Georgia for NATO, much (most?) of the population has been brainwashed by American and European NGOs into the same kind of vitriolic russophobia as Ukrainians, so when Flowers learns from the crowd member that he's Russian and, being vaguely aware that this might be problematic, asks the crowd "if it's ok?" that he come up onstage, this happens:

For anyone who can't see the video, the crowd begins booing, and its anger only increases as Flowers attempts to 'transcend divides' by encouraging them to 'embrace-him-as-their-brother-who-is-also-there-for-the-music'. This has probably always worked for Flowers before... until it didn't! On the one hand you could say this was naive of him, that's he's just another ignorant Westerner who probably 'should have known better'. But what should he have known? That Georgians hate Russians, and that that's an acceptable state of affairs? Learning that he was Russian, should Flowers have passed him over and said to someone else, "What about you over there?! Would you like to come up and play?!"

For the media, the lesson is obvious: Flowers should have known that Russia is "currently occupying parts of Georgia" (it isn't - there are two breakaway regions that want to join the Russian Federation because they've had enough of ethno-nationalist Georgians leveraging their geopolitical 'in' with Washington to oppress them), and that this meant he was insensitive to their 'oppression by Russia'. Some headlines are even suggesting that Flowers expressly chose a Russian from the crowd just to spite his hosts and take an active political position!

Which is, of course, BS, of the highest grade. The Killers have assiduously skirted around all politics for 20 years, managing the impossible of avoiding 'categorization' in America's climate of increasingly ferocious socio-political polarization. Yet here they are, 'going out into the world', guided by their usual strategic enclosure of not taking political positions, which has worked splendidly up until now, and find that a political position is inadvertently 'forced' on them. Media reporting goes on to say that the band 'walked off the stage', whereas in fact, despite the hostile atmosphere, they finished their planned set then issued an apology:

The tragi-comic aspect of this is that The Killers are probably - at least in part, and informed by Flowers' Mormon Christian upbringing - motivated to 'spread the good news'. While their lyrics never cross the line of being overtly Christian, if you listen to their music and watch their shows, you can't help but feel 'religiously uplifted' by at least some of it, which on first hearing sounds mostly like kitschy pop, but listen closely and you'll find that their themes typically hover closely around love (both romantic and divine), faith and hope.

Well, in Georgia, having 'melted away' the outer layers of the crowd's 'daily strife and troubles' with music to "unite them in a communal experience," The Killers found that underneath was an atavistic creature that 'cannot hear the music', thus 'cannot hear the good news', and thus to attempt to do so was to 'cast pearls before swine'. That should be the lesson this band learns from this unsettling experience.

So, God Bless Brandon Flowers and The Killers, and, as always, to Hell with the media and their mind-controlled minions!

Damn, as in all totalitarianized psyches, eventually "staying neutral" is not an option amymore: if you don't actively affirm the party line, you're an enemy.

That's a powerful text Niall, maybe you should send a version of it as a letter or email or something to Flowers...

Last edited:
Don't know the bend, but name tells a lot ... and what I do know is that U2 in Sarajevo was part of western show "divide and conquer" in ex Yu region, same as film industry suported havliy by Sorosh etc ... and I know that rock stars and super models and fashion and arts are (ab)used to test political pulses in our exYu region very often ...

If I will read this in news, as I have no idea who that band is and what they do, I will think they are part of NWO agenda this and that way, and they are just doing the "probation" on how many ex Russian republics have youngsters converted to NWO, and this band is part of the program. Also this was very dangerous security situaiton, and I am sure nothing bad happend because it was controlled by insiders form security, that was spread between audience … maybe the “russian” guy was just an actor, one of spies who was already arranged with the band, it will not be for the 1st time that this stagings are aranged in advance ... etc … because if spontaneous this could also make a big fight and many people can be killed in that craziness as Georgians can't be just "rational" about Russians like Italians maybe etc …

Anyhow, I agree with Joe, no one can come that far and ot be so famous without eating a bit of NWO shit. Coming that far needs a bit of a bigger “emptiness” beyond ordinary human ability to endure … To be famous, it means to develop a stage addiction. And at the end of the day you are a money making machine for many wolves. So you know that only way to stay at the top is listen to them, not to your heart. That is why in last 20 years there is no much great artist at the top.

But also once at the top, if you are not that empty, and it is not all your heart needs, than the show of debunking the maskerade can begin. You can play with forces that brought you there, like Marina Abramovic .… and if you are literally fearless of death, you can stand next to them and above them and observe and report and do your things too knownig that they don't even see you there doing it … and you don't need to plan anything ... you can feel it is another force

But still to me I am questioning them, and I am so impressed how no one reacted aggressively, which made me think it was prearranged before. Because doing it with no any awareness of that aggressive possible outcome? Is it caring for people, to luck such a controll and to be so impulsive to show your big heart, like stupid leftits .. even worst is if they didi that, even htough they are smart enough to undesratnd that can trigger mass killing??? hmmm ..

The Killers have assiduously skirted around all politics for 20 years, managing the impossible of avoiding 'categorization' in America's climate of increasingly ferocious socio-political polarization. Yet here they are, 'going out into the world', guided by their usual strategic enclosure of not taking political positions, which has worked splendidly up until now, and find that a political position is inadvertently 'forced' on them
Political polarization is so pervasive these days that it will soon be impossible to remain "neutral" or even "apolitical." Look at what happened during Covid. People were forced to make a decision under the rhetoric "either you are with us, or with the conspiracy theorists." Psychopaths reign by coercing people with "lesser evil" options, which compounded, give rise to full evil. They split reality instead of integrating it. Finding and dealing with "detractors" is necessary for their survival. This is why "identity" politics is the new "meaning of life," echoing the famous phrase by the C's, "it is who you are and what you see that counts," but without the "what you see," because you shouldn't see anything (from the psycho's perspective)!

Anything can be "contaminated" by identity politics:
  • Want to make a video teaching people how to draw? "Yuck, your curves are offensive."
  • Want to teach mathematics? "The annihilator operator!? You want to kill people?"
  • Want to walk down the street? "This lane is reserved for oversized prepubescent "adults" who underwent quadruple surgery."
  • Want to breathe fresh air? "Your mask also helps the planet. Wear it!"
  • Want to eat meat? "Only serial killers eat meat. You should be ashamed of yourself! #Plants4Life"
And coming to a city near you:
  • Want to look up? "[ChatGPT] Hey you! What are you looking at? Look down when I talk to you, peasant!"
With great power comes great responsibility.
With great lunacy comes great instability... :whistle:

This is the scary, and unpredictable part of our future. IMO. How people will be willing to turn against brothers, sisters, neighbors, anyone, for the sake of ideology. Purposely fed into populations by years of propaganda and programming.

Damn, as in all totalitarianized psyches, eventually "staying neutral" is not an option amymore: if you don't actively affirm the party line, you're an enemy.

That's a powerful text Niall, maybe you should send a version of it as a letter or email or something to Flowers
Ditto to that.

We saw them last year in a stadium concert, and they cracked a joke about it being a superspreader event, in reference to covid scare tactics, and I seem to remember the next line being about superspreading love. Johnny Marr opened for them and while I wasn't a fan of the Smiths's song "How Soon Is Now", Marr's live performance was awesome and reminded me that some music was only meant to be heard live. The Killers ended their encore with their most famous song Mr. Brightside, and they totally rocked it. I still remember the drums at the very end of that song.

One of my sons is a killers fan. I have some of their music on my phone because it reminds me of him and is a window into his soul.

That said, I think the breakdown of civility demonstrates a pervasive problem. Not everyone is “enlightened “. Many people are at level one with a gazillion lessons left to go. No amount of rational star trek gospel can bridge the gap. Chaos reigns as prejudice and programming runs deep. An “oops” moment. It happens.

And so It becomes more and more difficult to smile like you mean it.

The Killers may be pretty big but I think their bigness is only marginal. Zero airplay on mainstream channels that I ever hear. I don’t think of them as Illuminati tools the same way U2 is. Band names are all over the place. “Dressed to kill” is an Anglo expression that doesn’t have anything to do with literal killing, for example.

I should preface my comments on it by confessing that I'm a fan of this band's music, and that this is partly due to admiration for their lead singer, Brandon Flowers. As Joe recently said to me when I expressed mixed feelings about the passing of Sinead O'Connor, all 'stars' inevitably become such because of some inherently narcissistic need to 'make it big'. There's a 'hole' in them they 'need to fill', which, more often than not, leads to mental illness, premature death, and/or soul-destroying colinearity with the very Beast system they're ostensibly singing protest songs against. And so, mindful that this could essentially be no different in his case, from all I hear and read - second-hand, of course, for only those closest to him can really know - about Brandon Flowers, he seems like a 'good egg': faithfully married, raising three children, kind to his colleagues and strangers, and delighting audiences the world over with uplifting music and show-stopping concerts.

For anyone who can't see the video, the crowd begins booing, and its anger only increases as Flowers attempts to 'transcend divides' by encouraging them to 'embrace-him-as-their-brother-who-is-also-there-for-the-music'. This has probably always worked for Flowers before... until it didn't! On the one hand you could say this was naive of him, that's he's just another ignorant Westerner who probably 'should have known better'. But what should he have known? That Georgians hate Russians, and that that's an acceptable state of affairs? That songs about love and fun must respectfully circumscribe that hate, leaving it untouched to fester permanently? Learning that he was Russian, should Flowers have passed him over and said to someone else, "What about you over there?! Would you like to come up and play?!"

"cast pearls before swine" was the phrase that came to my mind long before finishing reading your post.

As reasonable humans, with some emotion and moral endoskeleton, we often like to believe that others will naturally join us on the same wavelength, even if we only have a little in common.

Unfortunately it turns out that this is not the case. Many of these humans would rather tear us limb from limb, and will even revel in the bloodshed.

It's a good reminder that many of those you come into contact with are little more than beasts, or easily programmable robots. With the right nudging they will take much joy in your death and suffering.

Tread carefully 😅

It reminds me of the Gestapo. They actually had very small numbers, and didn't do much legwork themselves. They relied on the population to turn in neighbors, and others in their immediate surroundings. Some were even turned in over petty grievances and settling scores.

I noticed this phenomenon during the covid mask mandates. The government really didn't have anyone out there, to speak of, to enforce anything. It was mainly done by the programmed masses.

So even though our controllers are few, they can enlist the gullible masses to do their dirty work. I don't think anything will turn, until a critical mass of people stop going along with the mass media programming, and turn against those institutions, and leaders that are pushing the madness. But I think things have to get a lot worse before there is any chance of that happening.

I was listening to a live concert, and my ears tuned in to the audience sounds, and there were several different voices yelling out: such-and-such song, a few other things, and it made me wonder if promoters pepper the audience to enthuse and rally the crowd - to make it more memorable. So, they'll yell out favorite songs, whistle, clap, ect., but in this instance the crowd sounded pretty mellow, and the 'cheerleaders' were making too much effort, making me wonder if they actually rally the audience to make a live recording sound exciting. It's not as if the audience wouldn't enjoy the performance, but enthusiastic cheers and whistling helps in promotion of a live recording.

Similarly, a govt. or groups can pepper a crowd in a happenstance fashion, and sway the audience reactions by being more vocal. Boos or cheers. And of course, what follows is noise, and you can't really tell what's being cheered or boo'd for.

So, it isn't so much the entire audience, as it is the vocal ones who express loudly approval or disapproval, and the performer putting himself in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom