The Kogis people of Colombia

ELT

Jedi
Context :
The Kogis are a mysterious indigenous people from Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, Colombia. They are one of the last pre-Columbian civilizations still existing today, and are said to live their way uninterrupted for 4000 years.
They have a deep understanding and reading of the environment, not only their own but of Earth in general ; as well as astronomy, to the point of impressing contemporary scientists with things that could "normally" only be known with high-tech instruments.
They also share a wisdom and ideology very similar to paleo-christianity.
The big question many ask, and that I'd like to ask the Cs too, is Where do the Kogis know what they know from ?

From guessing, I would say it's remnant from the much wider knowledge that was once available, that they succeeded in keeping some of it alive till now, but that they obviously lost a lot along the way. I'm not sure they conceptualize psychopathy as an innate construct for some beings, though.
My second question would be How much do they know in terms of techno-spirituality ?

Thanks.

Their key message is Peace through open communication, between all, and acceptance. This could sound common sense for many of us, but unfortunately, as we may know, isn't regarding their treatment in history and still today; they are victims of a genocide.

I am not in the private board yet, therefore, if you deem these 2 questions worthy of human interest, could someone who is ask them the C's in a next session, please ?

Last edited:
They are apparently descendants of the Tairona peoples of the same area, I did a quick search online and found this on their cosmology:

At the beginning there was nothing. Sé. There was only darkness. There was only the mother alum, a pure thought without form. She started thinking, and she designed the world in the dark. She conceived us as ideas. She conceived us as ideas. As if we were thinking of a house before building it. She turned the thread. Making us turn in history. Creating us in thought. Then came the light. And the world was real.

The Kogi belief is very close to that of the cosmic structure of the universe. They think that everything is duality. From a cosmic point of view the sun separates the universe into 2 hemispheres, there are man and woman, hot and cold, light and darkness, etc… Each group has its opposite pair. In each pair, one cannot survive without the other. These natural opposites are a way of keeping balance in society, or in “harmony” (Yuluka)

there's also a video on that site, where they go over a bit of their story, the Jaguar People. and it's filled with vengeance!

They are apparently descendants of the Tairona peoples of the same area, I did a quick search online and found this on their cosmology:

there's also a video on that site, where they go over a bit of their story, the Jaguar People. and it's filled with vengeance!
Thanks for this. I'll give the website a read as it seems to complete in details different documentaries I've watched so far.

The downside that I notice from most of the docus, is that the kogis' lifestyle (or other 'prime' people) is often presented as the way we "should" live as humans - because environmental friendly - and this is where I see the Green agenda...

I agree there is much simplicity and high common sense from which we can learn in them, which is what inspires me. However, they obviously don't have the whole cake either.
They also have their technical limitations impeding a development, and they might be very well thusly.

For brief instance, they still detain very detailed relics from their ancestors, the "aras" (see attached), which they seem not to be able to make anymore, but I may be wrong.
That's where history according to the C's and the Fellowship's work fits in, in terms of extinct higher societies of the past due to cyclic environmental catastrophes.

It also somehow reminds me what Gurdjieff was saying about the necessity of both essence and personality for work on Self.
As has been said earlier, in the case of less cultured people, essence is often more highly developed than it is in cultured man. It would seem that they ought to be nearer to possibility of growth, but in reality it is not so because their personality proves to be insufficiently developed. For inner growth, for work on oneself, a certain development of personality as well as a certain strength of essence are necessary. … An insufficiently developed personality means a lack of … knowledge, a lack of information, a lack of the material upon which work on oneself must be based. Without some store of knowledge, without a certain amount of material “not his own,” a man cannot begin to work on himself, he cannot begin to study himself, he cannot begin to struggle with his mechanical habits, simply because there will be no reason or motive for undertaking such work.
Therefore, we (as modern society) can be brought to think the kogis' lifestyle is "better", which is a mistake.
They indeed very likely have a highly developed essence, compared to the modern world. So it may appeal to many of us who are lacking it.

Conversely, Kogis may (or may not) have a lack of personality on their side, which also impedes their Work...
This is not to say that they don't have enough challenges to face with the destruction of their lands, at least. They faced many petty tyrants through Time, still until today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240322-170644.jpg
    Screenshot_20240322-170644.jpg
    966.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I think Laura talks about it to a degree in The Secret History, book 1 If I remember correctly.

When she discusses how a remnant of an old civilization would understand the technology or principles of that civilization, only in fragments. And she gives the example of the people that would survive us chanting E=MC2 to a TV set because they would somehow associate those bits of wisdom together.

So, what I am trying to say is that some of these tribes might have a closer connection to something ancient, but that connection might be severed by thousands of years of history and their connection might remain purely symbolic and not practical, which doesn't discount it at all.

Back
Top Bottom