Three Months Left of 2012 - Register Your Predictions HERE!

Laura said:
I would like to suggest that everyone watch that old 70s BBC thing: "Survivors". It's rough going, but at least the first season is pretty interesting. It really lays out what kinds of things can happen if the majority of human beings get taken out by a plague. Then, we can discuss it on the Terry Nation - Survivors thread. There's a lot of things that I would like to mention about it after most of ya'll have watched it.

We just watched the first two episodes - sheesh. I see why you like it though!

Regarding 12/21/12, I think the date itself will be a non-event unless some newage groups goes bonkers and commits suicide or something, but I do think this winter is going to be brutal, especially in northern Europe and that we'll have a few large fireballs or maybe even an impact by early next spring. Then, I think 2013 is when things get bad (worse) in earnest. Of course, I could be off and things could go kaflooey by the end of the year!

Laura said:
Since it is now Sept 20th and, according to the New Age crowd, the world is going to end, ascend, transform, whatever, on Dec 21 - more or less - which is almost exactly three months from now, I'm interested in what forum members think may actually happen IF anything at all.

I think, as others mentioned, nothing much will happen on this date, unless something will be deliberately orchestrated by the PTB, or due to high expectations of people, or otherwise triggered craziness. As others mentioned, it is also possible that something unexpected may happen prior to it, that may modify the events quite a bit.

Afterwards, meteorite and cometary fragments activity will probably continue to intensify, along with other earth changes related events. Maybe a pandemic, a plague, increased high strangeness. So many possibilities, including attack on Iran by Israel (that will signify its end), economy collapse, riots, etc. Basically, everything that was already brought up here and on SOTT, and more.

Laura said:
Are you worried? Getting nervous? What is occupying your thoughts most of the time?

Not worried or nervous. If it's not possible to anticipate the unanticipated, better to concentrate on what is in front of us, and be prepared to the best of our ability. And that's quite a job on itself. But to be honest, there is also a feeling of living on a borrowed time, that something unexpected indeed may happen, that will make things particularly "interesting". In this respect, sometimes I think or hope to have enough time to finish acquiring a set of skills that could be useful during a crisis. But then, I remind myself that time is not the point really (or a specific set of skills, as it's not possible to know what one is set out to be useful with), and that the real point is learning how to be response-able, and how I am still at the beginning of this road.

The prospect of plague adds another twist, and when it comes to it, I just hope to survive it, including everyone I care about, because we ARE living in interesting times, and if I am already here, I would like to be an active participant, because I am so damn curious to see how it will all turn out!

I am not worried because I think I Know what to spect in any case scenario and Im not afraid of the future changes. I am specting a lot of electrical fenomena in weather, auroras, lightning, strange sounds and maybe some comets. I thing there will be a plage but till next year.

What I do spect is the closest approach of sol´s companion, maybe november, and with it alot of sinkholes. I hope someone could locate it and post it.

Have a nice day! ;)

Laura said:
I had that "wild thought" about a serious comet/asteroid thing happening too, though I was placing it a bit earlier, like in November.

I too have felt for some time that November this year will bring something seriously big in the way of a comet / asteroid. I have had this nagging feeling for about a year now.

Mmm, I want to have a good time with my family in Christmas... is all I have in my mind about it. I had the idea too of something happening earlier, but as we shouldn't try to predict the world, I took the idea out of my mind.

Ocean said:
Laura said:
I had that "wild thought" about a serious comet/asteroid thing happening too, though I was placing it a bit earlier, like in November.

I too have felt for some time that November this year will bring something seriously big in the way of a comet / asteroid. I have had this nagging feeling for about a year now.

Mmm - 'Remember, remember the 5th of November', V for Vendetta.

Comets, asteroids, fireworks and explosions. People united rising up against PTB. I wonder?

Biomiast said:
Hi,

This thread is great, I get to see how people view their situation and their plans for the post-apocalyptic world. Yet, all of you guys seem very confident.

Maybe it is subjective on my part, but I have great fears about cataclysms(not 2012, just in general). For example, I imagine that when comets hit and there will be a global chaos where communications and transportation are disrupted. I fear that I will be far away from my girlfriend(She lives 1.5 hours away by train) when she needs me the most. How can I reach to her, what should I do etc. I was looking at a few forests between cities, and there seems to be good camping places around, so I hope it would be OK once I get to her.

Yeah a situation where communication & transportation are disrupted at best, totally obliterated at worst, is a biggie, but I really can't do anything about it, to make plans regarding a rendezvous point will only work if the people are close to the area maybe about ~30 miles, any further than that and one would have to be able to read a map and accurately read the environment, not to mention the physical effort it would take. Bandits, wild animals, exposure, etc. I am not in a situation where members of the household could consider this as a serious possibility, so I'm just enjoying the calm before the storm, nothing to do now but surf when the winds of change exceed hurricane levels. ;)

Biomiast said:
And also, nobody mentions the reaction of other people in this chaotic world. You will have psychopaths, you will have authoritarian followers, most possibly with guns and other sorts of weapons. For example, in Switzerland, every man that has gone to army possesses a rifle with some ammunition. I don't think every single one of them have helpless people's best interest in their hearts. That scares the hell out of me, not because I might get killed or such, but I don't want to leave anyone I love behind in such a crazy world.

Your concern for your loved ones, is understandable, but they have their own paths to walk, and so do you. We all must leave this place some time, some sooner than later.

Biomiast said:
I am not concerned about this all the time, but in moments of silence, the thoughts come to me and I try to make sense about what I can do in a situation like this. I don't know, maybe I am missing something you guys know.

I guess I can say that I've moved into acceptance and that has resulted in a kind of abandon which itself has yielded a calm and soft serenity. After going the rounds with various scenarios, you're just left with yourself and your choices and since the future is open, the scenarios themselves become unimportant, merely something to guide if needed.

I have found myself planning less for the future, and living more in the moment. Since I was small, I've had a huge motivation to become a mother - and I know it's something my husband wants - yet through reading and learning and seeing I've felt my enthusiasm for this wane. The desire is still there, although I think it's probably partially hormonal and instinctive - yet intellectually I know it's a bad idea - I would not want to bring a child into a world where suffering is so prevalent, and where even more suffering appears to be imminent if what we hear is true, and what history seems to predict.

I think that is what I am least looking forward to : suffering on such a huge scale, even more so than the present.

I bought the kindle version of Secret History - it's fascinating and makes so much sense. Sometimes it seems there is so much to take in and not enough space - and not enough 'time' to take it all in! Having to pace myself so that I feel I have absorbed the content.

With regard to preparedness - I feel quite impotent. Due to a low income, and having moved last year, we are still catching up with bills and only scraping by each month - so I am trying to simply 'live' and learn, and prepare myself mentally for eventualities - and hopefully I will be able to help others should the situation arise.

I feel guilty - when my husband asks me about plans he may want to make for 'next year' or, 'in the future'. For example, planning to take a holiday, or talking about buying a house or starting a family. Things I may previously have been enthusiastic about, but the answers he would be unwilling or resistant to hearing.

With regards to the progress of events, I have imagined an increase in the celestial events such as meteors and fire balls - and the growing awareness of the public of these events and their significance. There have been reports of plague in America, and other places - so I expect these reports may increase too.
It will be interesting to see how people in general react - whether panic will set in (as I imagine the PTB hope and plan for) or whether there will be groups of people or communities/families pulling together to support each other.

Over all I think I feel sad for living in the midst of so much suffering - but I am looking forward to the possibility of seeing things on the other side of the scales, where perhaps the peaceful side of things will be balancing out the chaos.

Nice topic.
I don't hear a lot of people talking about 21/12 either since a few months. The winter solstice is what it is. Just gonna go worse after that.
I agree pretty much on politics, economy, earths changes and cosmic guests.
I'm worried about how crazy can people become by mass starvation, I'm worried about civil wars too.
I think it's gonna be a new reality, for sure. Survival 101. I will look at that show, by the way.
I try not to predict, but I want to be prepared. Getting new skills is important. Being linked, networking, admit those possibilities with my direct surrounding, as a way to start.

Up this article :

Social Harmony in Times of Global Dischord

Most on my thoughts are on my studies that I went back to, getting a full time job (carrying meat would be great :cool:) and do both, and trying to have a good diet without so much money.

SeekinTruth said:
I don't think anything will happen on that date. IF anything does, quite likely to be psyop of some kind. But the way things are going, things will probably get even worse before they get better -- whatever the date. Until there's a thorough cleansing of the pathological influence/control at the top. And that does seem quite likely to happen at some point. With the cosmic hazards (i.e. shooting gallery), who knows what will happen when? Just my opinion....

About the same thoughts here, also thinking of snowing without stop.

anart said:
Laura said:
I would like to suggest that everyone watch that old 70s BBC thing: "Survivors". It's rough going, but at least the first season is pretty interesting. It really lays out what kinds of things can happen if the majority of human beings get taken out by a plague. Then, we can discuss it on the Terry Nation - Survivors thread. There's a lot of things that I would like to mention about it after most of ya'll have watched it.

We just watched the first two episodes - sheesh. I see why you like it though!

Regarding 12/21/12, I think the date itself will be a non-event unless some newage groups goes bonkers and commits suicide or something, but I do think this winter is going to be brutal, especially in northern Europe and that we'll have a few large fireballs or maybe even an impact by early next spring. Then, I think 2013 is when things get bad (worse) in earnest. Of course, I could be off and things could go kaflooey by the end of the year!

Yeah I watched the first episode and haven't gotten back to it yet - I definitely will though as it really sheds a lot of light on what a plague might look like in modern society. I had the same impression as you Anart - Sheesh! But it's nice in an old-fashioned way. But I do think something will happen around November too, as the article on SOTT (Who Wants to Start the World on Fire) leads me to think that way.

The more we peek into the shadows the more it becomes blatantly obvious that there's a reason for what's probably going to happen and that, heck, it's unavoidable one way or another. Either we eat the planet entirely and die of hunger, go out through a nuclear holocaust, get smashed to bits by comets, get eaten by plagues, or we continue to live as total slaves to a pathocracy, oblivious to all of reality. And when humanity was asked to make a choice on how to die it said, in all its wisdom, "Serve 'em all up, and are there free refills?" :zzz:

That might be desensitized due to all the insane things taking place, but I like to think that it's because I know we get what we ask for. In all the past few days I've been looking, again, at the learning possible in our lives because of the forum and I am frankly just stunned at the complete disconnect between reality and all of our institutions.

Laura said:
I just think that it is a fascinating time to be alive and I'm really pleased to read all these great responses! We'll be having another session soon and I'll try to get in some questions about the topic.

Looking forward to that!

bngenoh said:
I guess I can say that I've moved into acceptance and that has resulted in a kind of abandon which itself has yielded a calm and soft serenity. After going the rounds with various scenarios, you're just left with yourself and your choices and since the future is open, the scenarios themselves become unimportant, merely something to guide if needed.

Maybe a good way of looking at it is to find a way to become calm when/if things should change quickly and abruptly. Then be ready and in front of that stress even before it arrives. Much like a fighter who is loose and agile and can pivot at at any point when required in an intensly stressful situation (easier said then done of course). The only thing about a "calm and soft serenity" is that I think it can be another manifestation of wishful thinking if one is not very well prepared beforehand in dealing with the experience of sudden stress that can come with quick and intense change. Of course the EE breathing, resistance training and the diet along with the psychological work is the best thing for that.

Regarding the predictions the two things that come to my mind for some reason are revolution and communication. If there's a temporary communication blackout then that might spark something but I don't know. Anyway, a good practical way to deal with that is to get a good portable AM/FM/shortwave radio to add to one's survival stuff.

Well, the trend for the last five years seems to have been a slow winding down of society but no rapid, major changes. There have been disasters which have utterly destroyed people's lives if you live in the afflicted areas, but nothing thus far has been significant enough to really shake the consensus reality. The three major trends which seem to have had some staying power and level of visibility during this time are economic erosion, weather changes/"angel trumpets," and this whole zombie business. I expect the trend to continue, albeit with some additional heating up of activity.

I'd say there's a 50/50 chance that Israel pulls some funny business and creates a sizable shock to the global economy by the end of the year. I personally don't see a protracted war, just a sort of flash in the pan event that snowballs into other geopolitical games like the validity of the US dollar for international trade, the role of China and Russia on the global chessboard, and other localized "beefs" that have been simmering due to the actions of the US Empire. In my opinion, I don't see Israel as being that important by itself, it is just one of the dominoes in a chain of suffering that will eventually be subsumed by Earth changes toward the end of 2013.

I'd say there's a 50/50 chance of some type of cometary event by the end of the year, but I don't expect it to be an earth shattering event. The sheeple will believe anything and the PTB will cover it up to push the war meme. That will only work for so long, but I think we'll be well in to 2013 before it starts to break down.

Going a bit farther into the future, judging by the terrible weather in Europe, I think they are very, very close to tipping into a Little Ice Age. I'd personally place the odds of that condition occurring at about 70% over the next year and a half. It might be some time before the full-blown ice age manifests, however.

I'm not entirely sold on the Black Death thing, however Laura's research on the topic is compelling, and such an event is certainly possible. The Cassiopeans predicted the event would happen in 18 months to two years, which would put the time frame between Aug 2012 and Feb 2013. It wasn't elaborated whether this would just be the first signs or how long it would take to become a global pandemic, perhaps a good follow up question. Considering the Cassiopeans have about an 85% hit rate on their predictions, I'm certainly sitting up and taking notice on this one. Laura's current research seems to suggest this is the biggie in regards to the Sixth Extinction, and it also seems to be the easiest to prepare for. Although I still have a bit of a milk addiction, I've gone Paleo in all other regards and am not quite ready to make the jump to Keto, but it seems like an excellent survival strategy. I would expect there to be a reasonable supply of bones around even when food is scarce. If you can actually survive on bone broth long term, it seems like you could acquire a goodly amount of these "worthless" items for very little cost if you have anything at all to barter. It is interesting to consider that you might be able to live and live well mostly on the "trash" that nobody else wants...

I'm a little concerned about what will happen when the illusory wealth that I posses evaporates. I'm not sure how long I can tolerate a Third World subsistence standard of living, and that seems to be where pretty much all of us are headed. I've been watching the socioeconomic pyramid disintegrate from the ground up and I think studying those a few rungs below you is a good way of seeing what you will soon face. The economy appears to be already pretty much gone for the bottom 75% of the world, and it seems the goal is to make it that way for 99%. A future of unending grinding poverty, living in an alien culture, where psychopathy is the ideal is extremely depressing for me. And that is exactly what will happen, especially if "nothing" happens. I hope the "tipping point" happens soon so we can all find out where we stand. The sooner the dissolution occurs, the sooner it is possible to try to create a new world. From another perspective, it is kind of interesting to watch this all play out, and the curiosity of what is going to happen on the other side of it is what keeps me going most days. I guess the key is to just do the best you can with what you have and not anticipate the future too much.

Laura said:
It's wrapping up nicely, but I'm putting in 14 hour days on it when I'm not doing work around the house! :evil:

Kewl! I'm really hoping to be able to download it to my Kindle before the world ends ;D

Neil said:
I'm not entirely sold on the Black Death thing...Laura's current research seems to suggest this is the biggie in regards to the Sixth Extinction, and it also seems to be the easiest to prepare for. Although I still have a bit of a milk addiction, I've gone Paleo in all other regards and am not quite ready to make the jump to Keto, but it seems like an excellent survival strategy.

Preparing for a plague could theoretically be easy based on our research here (though there's no way to know for certain until it hits), but it will take time for the body to heal sufficiently to fend off the pathogen. Some steps to take: Step 1: stop consuming milk immediately--there's no reason to consume it and you're simply poisoning yourself, Step 2: read the Ketogenic Diet thread entirely, Step 3: transition to the Keto diet and implement as much of the rest of the protocol as you can.

Even if there's absolutely no plague (and, realistically, I wouldn't bet a single cent on that), the other benefits alone are worth the effort. But, if there is a plague (and that I would bet on), the longer you wait the more likely it is that you'll get it and suffer the consequences.

But, as always, up to you.

Back
Top Bottom