I forgot to bring you roses
When you hit the floor
Your nouveau poses
Asking for war
Have you forgot the wall?
I've foreseen it all
We've foreseen it all

Holocaust, you've tasted great fear
How could you just occupy another child's tear?

Don't you all know?
Don't you all care?
Don't you all see how this isn't fair?
Are we all blind? Do we not see?
Do we not bleed?

Faint cries of lost limbs.
Mimes surrounded by mines.
Without warning signs of the great sacrifice.

Don't you all know?
Don't you all care?
Are we all blind? Do we not see?
Do we not bend to misery?

Of course we all know
Of course we all care
Of course we all see how this isn't fair
We are not blind. Yes, we do see
It's time to end this misery

It's time to go up to bed
No more sipping on our regret
Tuck the kids in without worry
No more running out in a hurry

No more bombs falling over head
No more sirens predicting death
Yes, it's the two-state solution
No more glaring through oblivion

Asking for war
Have you forgot the wall?
I've foreseen it all
We've foreseen it all

Don't you all know?
Don't you all care?
Are we all blind?
Do we not see?
Do we not bend to misery?

Of course we all know
Of course we all care
Of course we all see how this isn't fair
We are not blind. Yes, we do see
It's time to end this misery

It's no mystery...
It's no mystery...

Oh,You're everything I thought you never were
And nothing like I thought you could've been
But still you live inside of me
So tell me how is that

You're the only one I wish I could forget
The only one I love to not forgive
And though you break my heart
You're the only one

And though there are times when I hate you 'cause I can't erase
The times that you hurt me and put tears on my face
And even now while I hate you it pains me to say
I know I'll be there at the end of the day

I don't wanna be without you babe
I don't wanna a broken heart
Don't wanna take a breath without you babe
I don't wanna to play that part

I know that I love you but let me just say
I don't wanna love you in no kinda way
No, no, I don't wanna a broken heart
And I don't wanna to play the broken-hearted girl
No, no, no broken-hearted girl
I'm no broken-hearted girl

Something that I feel I need to say
But up 'til now I've always been afraid
That you would never come around
And still I wanna put this out

You say you got the most respect for me
But sometimes I feel you're not deserving of me
And still you're in my heart
But you're the only one

And yes there are times when I hate you but I don't complain
'Cause I've been afraid that you would walk away
Oh, but now I don't hate you, I'm happy to say
That I will be there at the end of the day

I don't wanna be without you babe
I don't wanna a broken heart
Don't wanna take a breath without you baby

And I don't wanna to play the broken-hearted girl
No, no, no broken-hearted girl

Now I'm at a place I thought I'd never be, ooh
I'm living in a world that's all about you and me, yeah
Ain't gotta be afraid, my broken heart is free
To spread my wings and fly away, away with you
Yeah, yeah, yeah, oh, oh

I don't wanna be without my baby
I don't wanna broken heart
Don't wanna take a breath without my baby

I don't wanna to play the broken-hearted girl
No, no, no broken-hearted girl, broken-hearted girl
No, no, no broken-hearted girl, no broken-hearted girl

Freewill and choices, with a little guidance.
STO or STS and balance.
What a difference, our choices make.

When James K. Flanagan passed away on September 3, 2012, he left behind something absolutely amazing. Months before, he wrote a wise letter of advice to his five grandchildren, unbeknownst to them. With permission of his daughter, Rachel Creighton, the letter he left behind was posted online. This is that letter.
Even if you didn’t know James, his words are worth reading.

Dear Ryan, Conor, Brendan, Charlie, and Mary Catherine,
My wise and thoughtful daughter Rachel urged me to write down some advice for you, the important things that I have learned about life. I am beginning this on 8 April 2012, the eve of my 72nd birthday.
What This Grandpa Left Behind Before Dying Surprised Everyone.

But It’s Absolutely Brilliant,
1. Each one of you is a wonderful gift of God both to your family and to all the world. Remember it always, especially when the cold winds of doubt and discouragement fall upon your life.

2. Be not afraid . . . of anyone or of anything when it comes to living your life most fully. Pursue your hopes and your dreams no matter how difficult or “different” they may seem to others. Far too many people don’t do what they want or should do because of what they imagine others may think or say. Remember, if they don’t bring you chicken soup when you’re sick or stand by you when you’re in trouble, they don’t matter. Avoid those sour-souled pessimists who listen to your dreams then say, “Yeah, but what if . . .” The heck with “what if. . .” Do it! The worst thing in life is to look back and say: “I would have; I could have; I should have.” Take risks, make mistakes.

3. Everyone in the world is just an ordinary person. Some people may wear fancy hats or have big titles or (temporarily) have power and want you to think they are above the rest. Don’t believe them. They have the same doubts, fears, and hopes; they eat, drink, sleep, and fart like everyone else. Question authority always but be wise and careful about the way you do it.

4. Make a Life List of all those things you want to do: travel to places; learn a skill; master a language; meet someone special. Make it long and do some things from it every year. Don’t say “I’ll do it tomorrow” (or next month or next year). That is the surest way to fail to do something. There is no tomorrow, and there is no “right” time to begin something except now.

5. Practice the Irish proverb: Moi an olge agus tiocfaidh sí “Praise the child and she will flourish.”

6. Be kind and go out of your way to help people — especially the weak, the fearful, and children. Everyone is carrying a special sorrow, and they need our compassion.

7. Don’t join the military or any organization that trains you to kill. War is evil. All wars are started by old men who force or fool young men to hate and to kill each other. The old men survive, and, just as they started the war with pen and paper, they end it the same way. So many good and innocent people die. If wars are so good and noble, why aren’t those leaders who start wars right up there fighting?

8. Read books, as many as you can. They are a wonderful source of delight, wisdom, and inspiration. They need no batteries or connections, and they can go anywhere.

9. Be truthful.

10. Travel: always but especially when you are young. Don’t wait until you have “enough” money or until everything is “just right.” That never happens. Get your passport today.

11. Pick your job or profession because you love to do it. Sure, there will be some things hard about it, but a job must be a joy. Beware of taking a job for money alone — it will cripple your soul.

12. Don’t yell. It never works, and it hurts both yourself and others. Every time I have yelled, I have failed.

13. Always keep promises to children. Don’t say “we’ll see” when you mean “no.” Children expect the truth; give it to them with love and kindness.

14. Never tell anyone you love them when you don’t.

15. Live in harmony with Nature: go into the outdoors, woods, mountains, sea, desert. It’s important for your soul.

16. Visit Ireland. It’s where the soul of our family was born — especially the West: Roscommon, Clare, and Kerry.

17. Hug people you love. Tell them how much they mean to you now; don’t wait until it’s too late.

18. Be grateful. There is an Irish saying: “This is a day in our lives, and it will not come again.” Live every day with this in mind.

San Fransisco Mabel Joy - WJ
www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1K_4iFdAt4

Attachments

• grandpa-letter.jpg
    grandpa-letter.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 167
Disney's Frozen - "Let It Go": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC83NA5tAGE

It's beautiful in all languages​​. :)

I know, I know... we all like Pink Floyd but... yeah! that's what I'm listening to :lol:

I've just listened to The Dark Side of the Moon album and I thought about sharing some thoughts that usually come to my mind with it:

According to Wikipedia:

"The Dark Side of the Moon's lyrical themes include conflict, greed, the passage of time, death, and insanity, the latter inspired in part by Barrett's deteriorating mental state; he had been the band's principal composer and lyricist..."

Well... It can be, but for me there's a lot more meaning in their lyrics.

Wikipedia continues:

Each side of the album is a continuous piece of music. The five tracks on each side reflect various stages of human life, beginning and ending with a heartbeat, exploring the nature of the human experience, and (according to Waters) "empathy".

"Speak to Me" and "Breathe" together stress the mundane and futile elements of life that accompany the ever-present threat of madness, and the importance of living one's own life—"Don't be afraid to care".

I guess that's right, but with this part reminds me of The Wave... and therefore I think of it as an invitation to "ride the wave" :P

"For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave.
"

And then, "On the Run" is The Wave... hehe

Shifting reality and all that comes with it...

---

"Time" - People are sleeping... WAKE UP!

"The Great Gig in the Sky" - Waking up is a painful process

---

From Wikipedia:

"Money" - mocks greed and consumerism

"Us and Them" - addresses the isolation of the depressed with the symbolism of conflict and the use of simple dichotomies to describe personal relationships.

"Any Colour You Like" - concerns the lack of choice one has in a human society.

"Brain Damage" - For me it looks at the brain damage that can result from dealing with "the lunatics" (psychopaths) or the predators, which are also in our own minds...

These four are like the obstacles that one has to overcome in the Path / Work, so to say...

---

And finally...

"Eclipse" - I would say: "The many faces of god" and "Life is Religion"... "All there is is lessons"... finally "everything is in tune", in harmony... it is just "eclipsed", covered. The moon, the cover, our perceived reality, only shines thanks to the SUN, which is consciousness... :)

----

I know... I might have gotten too carried away with this thoughts; they might not be close to what the guys really wanted to express (at least consciously), but I feel this everytime I hear this album and it usually works as a big reminder of my Aim in life... :)

:cool2:

EDIT: Spelling

Acid Yazz said:
And finally...

"Eclipse" - I would say: "The many faces of god" and "Life is Religion"... "All there is is lessons"... finally "everything is in tune", in harmony... it is just "eclipsed", covered. The moon, the cover, our perceived reality, only shines thanks to the SUN, which is consciousness... :)

----

I know... I might have gotten too carried away with this thoughts; they might not be close to what the guys really wanted to express (at least consciously), but I feel this everytime I hear this album and it usually works as a big reminder of my Aim in life... :)

:cool2:

EDIT: Spelling

How very poetic AY!

My thoughts exactly...I too am a Pink Floyd fan, although I just recently "discovered" them a couple of years ago. I had always listened to them on the radio and enjoyed what I had heard, but never really took the time to appreciate entire albums of their's. I now find myself having trouble listening to much else. Pink Floyd has a deep spiritual reach in me as well. I feel they must have tapped into something the creative and collective unconscious can relate to. And even if they were not consciously aware of the connective spiritual aspect of their music, when you and I and others listen, if we garner some growth or inspiration, then I feel it is certainly worth listening to.

Shine on you crazy diamond! ;) :cool2:

Anthony Hopkins hears the waltz he wrote 50 years ago for the first time. Link: _http://www.wimp.com/hearswaltz/

Academy Award-winning actor Sir Anthony Hopkins hears a waltz piece he wrote 50 years ago for the first time called "And The Waltz Goes On". Played by Dutch violinist Andre Rieu and his Johann Strauss Orchestra, Rieu named one of his albums after the song.

Persej said:
Disney's Frozen - "Let It Go": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC83NA5tAGE

It's beautiful in all languages​​. :)

A mother and her two little girls were shopping in the grocery store where I work, and the younger daughter, maybe 3 or 4, had that song playing on her mother's ipad. She was just adorable, because she kept the song on repeat and each time it played she sang it louder and more passionately than the last. I couldn't help but smile at a beautiful song being sung without any inhibitions. :)

When I was younger I used to play percussion in a marching band so I like to look up what is going on in the drum corp world. I stumbled across these guys called The Top Secret Drum Corp and they are absolutely astonishing with their precision, complex patterns and the way their sticks all stay the same height when they drum. Very coordinated and fluid. You can look up more information about them on Wikipedia but here's a taste of their talent here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIj-JcoiRnA

Daley - Look Up (been my fav song for a few months now)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG6Dmkp8CY8

pegasus said:
When I was younger I used to play percussion in a marching band so I like to look up what is going on in the drum corp world. I stumbled across these guys called The Top Secret Drum Corp and they are absolutely astonishing with their precision, complex patterns and the way their sticks all stay the same height when they drum. Very coordinated and fluid. You can look up more information about them on Wikipedia but here's a taste of their talent here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIj-JcoiRnA

Wow, the world is small ;) I have worked at the Basel Tattoo, might even been 2007... not sure tho, but I saw Top secret live and they really are great in what they are doing. The Basel tattoo is still going strong, allthough I don't know how the top secret drum corps is doing these days.

They background of the drumming comes from the carnival we have here in Basel each end of the winter. The purpose of the carnival is basically to "spook" the winter away, and so there are lots diffrent marching bands, one we call a "clique" composed out of drummers (same drum the top secret guys use) and piccolo flutes. And all are dressed up in costumes. Its quit an event every year here, and its called "die drey scheenste dääg" translates to"the three most beautiful days" (of the year). Lots of tourist gather every year when 4 o'clock in the morning in the middle of the city all lights go out and the marching bands start playing.

Thought I might add this to give a bit an insight from where top secret is coming from.

-

Since I'm here, I want to share a song of one of my favorite Bands. Its from my earlier days when I was totally in the punk spirit:

Social Distortion - Don't drag me down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvfhgH3RbzM&list=PLh0_f73_Ufp8rZWhekH9273Vu0R-rdHFG

Lyrics:

Children are taught to hate, parents just couldn't wait
Some are rich and some are poor, others will just suffer more
Have you ever been ashamed and felt society try to keep you down?
I begin to watch things change and see them turn around

Turn around, they'll try to keep you down
Turn around, turn around
Don't drag me down

Ignorance like a gun in hand, reach out to the promised land
Your history books are full of lies, media-blitz gonna dry your eyes
Have you ever been afraid, and felt society try to keep you down?
I begin to watch things change and see them turn around

Turn around, turn around
Don't drag me down

*guitar solo*

Ignorance like a gun in hand, reach out to the promised land
Your history books, are full of lies, media-blitz gonna dry your eyes
You're eighteen, wanna be a man
Your granddaddy's in the Ku Klux Klan
Taking two steps foward, and four steps back
Gonna go to the White House and paint it black...

Turn around
Turn around, turn around
Don't drag me down

-

Lot's more I would like to post, but this is the one that came to mind when I stumbled over this thread. Its a really great one, lots of new music to discover and old ones to listen to.

Back
Top Bottom