What's the weather where you are?

Below is a real time infrared satellite picture of the continental U.S. I've been watching this for years. Very useful in visualizing the energy (electrical ?) pattern swirling around the country. And also in spotting areas of extreme weather (tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, hail and the like).

http://www.intellicast.com/Global/Satellite/Infrared.aspx?location=USKS0112&animate=true

These patterns have gotten more aggressive and more threatening in recent times. With multiple vortexes often colliding into one another. If you're ever in the deep red zones--watch out!

casper said:
Air temperatures in Croatia were slashed by 10 to 15 degrees, and the hill country of the snow cover. Cloudy and cold, sometimes it rains.
On the continental part of the highest daily temperature mostly 8-13 and in the Adriatic 14-19 ° C
Same here in Macedonia Casper. This morning its cloudy and cold like its a middle of November. Very drastic change in weather conditions.

Konstantin said:
casper said:
Air temperatures in Croatia were slashed by 10 to 15 degrees, and the hill country of the snow cover. Cloudy and cold, sometimes it rains.
On the continental part of the highest daily temperature mostly 8-13 and in the Adriatic 14-19 ° C
Same here in Macedonia Casper. This morning its cloudy and cold like its a middle of November. Very drastic change in weather conditions.
This morning I was awakened by the sun, is clear, in the extreme south of the Croatian is partly cloudy, wind blowing.
Quote:
Because of the clear night, the morning will be in inland fresh, with air temperatures from -1 to 4 ° C, while the coast and islands in the morning to have between 5 to the north and 13 ° C in the far south. During the day the land Croatia expected between 9 and 14 ° C, and the sea 14-19 ° C.

Crazy time !!!

Snow (finally :) ) came to Moscow. Temp is about +1 C (34 F). For last 5 years (or even more) there were a lot of leaves on trees this far into spring.

WrI80D0mua9OQfZlKBx0UHmdg_b78jEip94iiyiCvKY

Here in Sydney, Australia it has been absolutely flooded, I've never seen so much rain and wind causing such chaos the winds were up to100k at one point. It started late Sunday afternoon and hasn't really stopped, though it did slow down today and seems to be easing.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/weather/sydney-weather-driving-rain-damaging-winds-to-batter-nsw-for-second-day-20150421-1mpeiz.html

I've just received a message from NSW Railway that my journey tomorrow will have a coach service for the Sydney leg for about 300k then the train for the next 400+, it's gonna be a long day!

Lindenlea said:
Here in Sydney, Australia it has been absolutely flooded, I've never seen so much rain and wind causing such chaos the winds were up to100k at one point. It started late Sunday afternoon and hasn't really stopped, though it did slow down today and seems to be easing.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/weather/sydney-weather-driving-rain-damaging-winds-to-batter-nsw-for-second-day-20150421-1mpeiz.html

I've just received a message from NSW Railway that my journey tomorrow will have a coach service for the Sydney leg for about 300k then the train for the next 400+, it's gonna be a long day!

Sheets of Rain?
Down here in Canberra area it has been miserably cold and windy, not as much rain as you guys, but still the farmers aren't complaining yet. Easing off now, and seen some blue in the sky coming through. The news says that Sydney is still in for a pounding though.
Enjoy your trip.

Weather in Croatia
Mostly sunny and warm, the wind is weak. Highest daily temperature usually 18-24 ° C.
Spring has arrived?

MusicMan said:
Lindenlea said:

Sheets of Rain?
Down here in Canberra area it has been miserably cold and windy, not as much rain as you guys, but still the farmers aren't complaining yet. Easing off now, and seen some blue in the sky coming through. The news says that Sydney is still in for a pounding though.
Enjoy your trip.

Take care Lindenlea, and safe travels. We were on the outer edges of the storm cell, had a bit of rain but nothing like Sydney and Newcastle/Hunter.

This was the storm cell heading for Sydney:

632309-636d70b2-bfcf-11e4-83e4-6c2c60814a51.jpg

Strong hail in Dalmatia,Croatia,Link:
https://translate.google.hr/translate?sl=hr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=hr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.index.hr%2Fvijesti%2Fclanak%2Fsnazna-tuca-u-dalmaciji-kaos-na-autocesti-stotine-vozaca-cekalo-da-nevrijeme-prodje%2F816391.aspx&edit-text=

Even though we've had a few Spring-like days in the past couple of weeks, it has been interspersed with a few autumn-like days with fog and chill. Not outstandingly strange, but subtle.

Laura said:
Even though we've had a few Spring-like days in the past couple of weeks, it has been interspersed with a few autumn-like days with fog and chill.

Same here in Belgium. One day it's 25°C and the next, it's 8°C.

We got some nice Spring weather for almost a whole ten days!

Annnnnnnnnnd.., it's snowing again.

Of all the challenges I can imagine facing, a glacier is really the one I have no answer for. Other than moving.

I guess it's like any other problem; work out what needs doing and start making plans.

That's depressing. I've put a lot of time and affection into this place and its people.

A week after wild weather in Sydney, they had a freak hailstorm that looked like snow, and caved in the roofs of 5 warehouses, damage to homes and cars:

6422156-3x2-700x467.jpg
ucdfXeG.jpg
hail_wideweb__470x312,0.jpg
hail9c_gallery__470x308.jpg

Parramatta stadium Suburb of Enmore: cars semi-submerged in storm water, and hail on top
6422002-3x2-940x627.jpg
6422016-3x2-940x627.jpg

Back
Top Bottom