What's the weather where you are?

Thanks for the pics Arwenn, I hadn't realised it was that bad after I left, too busy enjoying the warmer weather up here.

That hail is worse than the Blue Mountains weather in winter, I've never seen it like that in Sydney. Very weird!!

Snow and hail in Sydney? How bizarre! Perhaps Southern California will get a nice snow day whenever the drought lets up, which seems rather unlikely. We did get a brief shower last week, though.

On some days it's warmer than others, around 90 F, but it's as though summer has come a month early. The jacaranda trees are blooming, the birds are loudly tweeting at five in the morning, and a mockingbird keeps "singing" throughout the night to attract mates, all of which normally doesn't happen till June. To top it off, we're getting another Shemer apple crop after having one about two months ago, in winter. Seems like the animals and trees are confused.

Spoke too soon about the nice warm weather in the Northern Rivers, the last 2 days have brought lots of rain and wind, there's more to come as the forecast was for 200ml over the weekend.

The puddles are collecting near my drains as they try to keep up with the downpour, and my driveway has a shallow wave of water running down to the stormwater drains in the street.

Sheets of rain indeed!

Lindenlea said:
Spoke too soon about the nice warm weather in the Northern Rivers, the last 2 days have brought lots of rain and wind, there's more to come as the forecast was for 200ml over the weekend.

The puddles are collecting near my drains as they try to keep up with the downpour, and my driveway has a shallow wave of water running down to the stormwater drains in the street.

Sheets of rain indeed!

Looks like those on the Eastern side of the range are gonna cop it again. Stay safe and dry!

Here on the Northern Tablelands, we have been picking up some very useful rain, being fortunate to avoid any damaging weather. Unfortunately, the rain hasn't extended far enough inland to those who really need it.

No sign of any frost yet, but went close the other day. In normal seasons (whats that?!) the first frost usually hits near the end of April. Even after the rain, temps are forecast to be around 9 - 23C next week. My guess is, we are heading for another mild winter again this year.

This last weekend i was at a little picnic with my family and friends near one lake on Its in the beginning of the mountains at about 1000 m above sea level. Weather was mix of clouds and sun with a constant wind. I didnt do anything at all all day , but when i came home i was so tired that i could fall asleep in any moment. That little sun and wind have take out all of my energy. In the places that were not at direct sunlight there was still some snow.Upper in the mountains is a lot more. Starting yesterday temperature climbed from 18-20 during the day to 30-33.C. This change appeared during only one night. People cant stand for a such sudden changes in a weather conditions.
As i can see the forecasts from next week it will be up to 15C cooler and with a rain.
Very unpredictable weather conditions. Its impossible to stand out at direct sunlight because it feels so unpleasant.

There was a storm yesterday, here at Mexico City, the problem was not the storm, the problem was its repercussions, the subway collied with another one in Oceania's station at 6 pm and minutes _http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/04/americas/mexico-city-metro-trains-crash/index.html and pretty much at the same time, 6 pm and minutes, the airport closed _http://www.jornada.unam.mx/ultimas/2015/05/04/suspenden-brevemente-operaciones-del-aicm-por-granizo-4895.html (Spanish).

The official version was due to the hail from the storm, yeap!, but I do not believe them much, because, hail was not that big nor much in intensity, comparing from what had been going around the world. From the subway, authorities mention also the storm, the subway train slip ?? (in the case of the subway, it has an automatizing so advanced, but for some reason yesterday failed). It was curious to me to know that both were almost at the same time, Oceania station is quite closed (3-5 mines by car) to the International Airport of Mexico City. AICM closed at 18:18 hrs, the subway accident was at 18:15 hrs. There was also lighting. Going back home, I saw a lighting striking earth, was counting seconds to locate it, at the first second, the sound was heard, I jumped, it hurt!

Last news I heard from subway accident, was that a worker -among the ones that are cleaning the place, had died today because he fall in the lines of the subway, the report do not say much, as to how he died. _http://www.proceso.com.mx/?p=403286 (Spanish)

Mostly overcast here, even almost chilly in the mornings. Then it becomes near sultry in the afternoon, you can feel the high humidity in the air. Its almost difficult to breath: The temperature difference feels like a punch, when stepping out the house sporting a thick wall of combined adobe + real bricks.

West of Ukraine, Carpathian Basin, (Lat.,Long.: 47.80106,20.5770906)

In the Netherlands we're in the unlikely quiet midst of a rather hefty roller coaster ride, going from autumn like temperatures of about 10-12° C the last couple of days with severe gales and storm winds accompanied by cloud bursts and torrential rain with thunder and lightning causing two dead, about a dozen wounded and considerable damage, into some sort of an early heatwave predicted for the beginning of next week with temperatures approaching 30° C . There also were quite a few power outages spread around the country but apparently unrelated to the weather mayhem.

_http://www.nltimes.nl/2015/05/06/lightning-strike-kills-two-in-amersfoort/
_http://www.nltimes.nl/2015/05/07/young-amersfoort-women-killed-in-lightning-strike/

_http://www.nltimes.nl/2015/05/06/about-1500-storm-damage-claims-so-far/
_http://www.nltimes.nl/2015/05/07/storm-damage-total-rises-over-a-million-euro/

_http://www.nltimes.nl/2015/05/07/amsterdam-27-degrees-on-tuesday-rotterdam-28-degrees/

Weather in Croatia is mostly sunny, with a possibility of rare local showers and thunder.
The morning air temperatures in the land of Croatia between 9 and 14 ° C ,on the coast and islands of 13-21 ° C. Daily temperatures in terrestrial areas are 20 to 25 ° C, and the area of the sea between 23 and 28 ° C. The weekend forecast is rain. :shock:

Palinurus said:
In the Netherlands we're in the unlikely quiet midst of a rather hefty roller coaster ride, going from autumn like temperatures of about 10-12° C the last couple of days with severe gales and storm winds accompanied by cloud bursts and torrential rain with thunder and lightning causing two dead, about a dozen wounded and considerable damage, into some sort of an early heatwave predicted for the beginning of next week with temperatures approaching 30° C . There also were quite a few power outages spread around the country but apparently unrelated to the weather mayhem.

Yep, crazy weather. I thought it was interesting that the storm hit NL on Liberation Day (5 May). While they were celebrating the end of the occupation by Nazi Germany during World War II, they are ignorant of or ignore that their very government is supporting monsters in Ukraine. Not to mention that with King's Day etc. people start acting like authoritarian followers and forget about the downward spiral NL is finding itself in. A good way to attract wild weather perhaps!

There was a powerful local storm yesterday afternoon. It start with a strong winds, very dark clouds and strong rain. Then the rain became a pretty big hail , but its good that it lasted only a short time. Just a few minutes.There are no big damage , and because weather was so hot , streets were totally dry in just a n hour. So much different weather conditions in a such a short time.

In central Serbia I was just watching two Suns rising. There was another one right of the real one. For some 15-20 minutes I couldn’t tell which one was real. It looked spectacular. I shot photo with the phone but it’s bad, maybe I will upload it later. Then the real one became too bright so the difference was obvious. False one is fading away slowly but still visible and has a rainbow attached to its left side (which looks to the real one).

It’s 6 degrees Celsius right now, humidity 93% (medium size lake very near and on the east, just under the place where Sun rises) little cloud coverage.

I didn’t go to the sleep because I want to watch the parade (if I did I wouldn’t manage to wake up on time), I'm so glad now that I didn’t :D

Its raining heavily in Hong Kong now, with thunderstorms, lightning and high winds. Also with the outer bands of Typhoon Noul approaching, its going to be a rainy and gloomy next few days. Its also quite hot and humid now, with temperatures between 25-30 degrees C...

Summer in Split, pretty hot with "summer thunderstorm with some raining this afternoon. Sea temperature around 17° C which ain't good for cold protocol :cry:

It has been raining for about a week straight in colorado now (denver/boulder). Wondering when it will let up... so used to the sunshine here that it is getting a bit depressing. Reminds me of when boulder was flooded a year or so ago actually. And now there is snow tonight, although that isn't unheard of in may here, its just odd to have so much gloomy weather for so long. So it just seems that the weather still off for a normal year.

Whats to come?

Back
Top Bottom