What's up with all the slow-moving meteorites I keep seeing lately

Be careful and stay open. If you only want to see UFO's, then any other possible explanation may/will sound unconvincing to you.

I have seen a very bright light, as bright a Venus or so moving across the sky once (maybe 2 months ago) and it surely 'vanished' soon after. Didn't seem slow to me but that is relative to what you consider 'fast' and 'slow'. It was as fast as a satellite I would say (maybe even a bit faster). But much brighter.

My conclusion is that I most probably saw the space station and that it vanished when crossing into the earth's shadow (no more sunlight reflecting on it). I had seen it as well in 2009 once or twice and it was quite similar.

So I would suggest you stay open to all possibilities unless you really and only want to think you are really witnessing multiple UFO's (which I doubt). It would then only be wishful thinking.

Peace.

JayMark, I know it's important to stay open and I realized that most likely those lights that moved and vanished were most likely space stations.
But,after witnessing some 'light' doing extremely weird things and weird maneuvers, changing speed going in circles, making full stop then going opposite direction,moving to where airplanes just passed,'spiting' other dots of light then moving towards them etc,and doing that again and again,constantly for more then 2 hours in same general location on night sky it's hard not to think of it as an UFO,especially when one is open.
Btw, did you read the whole thread? Peace :)

Serendipity said:
JayMark, I know it's important to stay open and I realized that most likely those lights that moved and vanished were most likely space stations.
But,after witnessing some 'light' doing extremely weird things and weird maneuvers, changing speed going in circles, making full stop then going opposite direction,moving to where airplanes just passed,'spiting' other dots of light then moving towards them etc,and doing that again and again,constantly for more then 2 hours in same general location on night sky it's hard not to think of it as an UFO,especially when one is open.

I think it's always important to also keep in mind the fact that humanity has lots of spacecraft up there that is not publicly known - all sorts of experimental stuff. So, it could always be 'one of ours', as they say.

anart said:
I think it's always important to also keep in mind the fact that humanity has lots of spacecraft up there that is not publicly known - all sorts of experimental stuff. So, it could always be 'one of ours', as they say.

Of course.But I'm more interested to know what it was doing and for what purpose :huh:

Hey Serendipity i am in Split Dalmatia... At the day of your first post in this thread i saw a 'moving star' too at northern skies slowly traveling up/north and it's light disappeared after a while ...I guess this could be a satellite :huh:... Since I am not familiar at all with issues considering stars :cool: i can't give some more specific details but will surely monitor local firmament while smokin' :cool2: but not for too long since I don't want to get neck-ache ....

About that UFO, it showed up again last night. In 4 last times that I went out, I saw it on 3 of those nights, and only didn't saw it one time when I spent less then 30 minutes out.It is always the same pattern.It has erratical movement and in the end it stops still in the sky looking like a star.

I watched the sky for 20 minutes then it appeared(dot of light) and I saw by the way it was moving that it is the same or similar UFO that I saw before.

It then moved erratically,meandered, stopped and turned back, before it completely stopped after only 5 minutes of movement,and it appeared as just a star on the sky.

This time I noticed those barely visible tiny specks of light around the bigger light,but only while it was moving.The specks were moving fast and in unusual manner around the central light,and sometimes they would get separated and moved further away,then back again or the big light would go to them.

Coincidentally,earlier that night my father offered to buy me binoculars to watch they sky etc,and I declined his offer. But now, with that 'UFO light' appearing on regular basis, would it be wise idea to buy the binoculars or maybe small,hand held telescope and try to look the UFO using it? If it is possible to watch UFOs or other similar bright objects using telescope in the first place.

Any ideas?

Serendipity said:
About that UFO, it showed up again last night. In 4 last times that I went out, I saw it on 3 of those nights, and only didn't saw it one time when I spent less then 30 minutes out.It is always the same pattern.It has erratical movement and in the end it stops still in the sky looking like a star.

I watched the sky for 20 minutes then it appeared(dot of light) and I saw by the way it was moving that it is the same or similar UFO that I saw before.

It then moved erratically,meandered, stopped and turned back, before it completely stopped after only 5 minutes of movement,and it appeared as just a star on the sky.

This time I noticed those barely visible tiny specks of light around the bigger light,but only while it was moving.The specks were moving fast and in unusual manner around the central light,and sometimes they would get separated and moved further away,then back again or the big light would go to them.

Coincidentally,earlier that night my father offered to buy me binoculars to watch they sky etc,and I declined his offer. But now, with that 'UFO light' appearing on regular basis, would it be wise idea to buy the binoculars or maybe small,hand held telescope and try to look the UFO using it? If it is possible to watch UFOs or other similar bright objects using telescope in the first place.

Any ideas?

A lot of times if you look at a star for a few minutes it will actually appear to "move" in exactly the way you descibe-it is an optical illusion. It has happened to me so I know what you are saying-it is pretty weird. I will appear to zoom around at high speed and return to the point of origin.

If you see this phenomenon again-look away for a few seconds and then back at the object in question-see if there are trees or other objects to use as a guide to see if object is indeed moving-see if it actually changes position.

Like Anart said there is a LOT of stuff "up there" so it is really hard to say when something is seen what it actually is. I see a lot of lights moving up there but I would say most of time it is a satellite, high flying aircraft (binoculars will help to see flashing strobes on these) sometimes the I.S.S.-meteors do not move slowly at least in my experience-even the large bolides I have seen moved pretty fast

tschai said:
Serendipity said:

Any ideas?

A lot of times if you look at a star for a few minutes it will actually appear to "move" in exactly the way you descibe-it is an optical illusion. It has happened to me so I know what you are saying-it is pretty weird. I will appear to zoom around at high speed and return to the point of origin.

If you see this phenomenon again-look away for a few seconds and then back at the object in question-see if there are trees or other objects to use as a guide to see if object is indeed moving-see if it actually changes position.

Like Anart said there is a LOT of stuff "up there" so it is really hard to say when something is seen what it actually is. I see a lot of lights moving up there but I would say most of time it is a satellite, high flying aircraft (binoculars will help to see flashing strobes on these) sometimes the I.S.S.-meteors do not move slowly at least in my experience-even the large bolides I have seen moved pretty fast

Hi tschai!
I know about the optical illusion you're saying about but this isn't even close to it. That 'light' really travels around on the sky,moving weirdly and eventually it finds a place where it remains motionless, at which point it would seem to anyone that it's a usual star.
Heck, even I questioned my sanity after looking for more then 20 minutes, at what then appeared to be ordinary star,but I knew it couldn't be a star.Except if it traveled few sectors and hundreds of light years in few minutes,from one point on the sky to the other,and doing weird things on it's path :P

I did read the thread but still see a lot of subjectivity nontheless.

Serendipity] Here are my 3 wild guesses what that was : 1) UFO was playing with my head and/or generally making me waste my time 2)Big alien gave his kid to play with daddy's craft 3)UFO performed some other mysterious activity? [/quote] See? That is self-restrictive/subjective thinking to my eyes. Whenever you point out possibilities said:
Of course.But I'm more interested to know what it was doing and for what purpose :huh:

The only way to possibly know is to be 100% objective and even then, there is nothing that guarantees that you'll get the anwsers you are seeking. It's up to you to determine how much effort and time you are ready to invest into it as well as what you are ready to accept as an anwser or not.

The way you describe it as being something happening now on a regular basis and also the way 'they move to finally end up montionless appearing to anybody as stars' makes me seriously doubt about the proposed nature of these events you have mentionned.

How can you evaluate that they move a few hundread light years in a few minutes? Do you have an idea of the size and distance of what you are looking at? Even remotely? A star and a sattelite can look identical from our point of view but the diffrence in size and distance is quite astronomical.

Peace.

Here are my 3 wild guesses what that was :
1) UFO was playing with my head and/or generally making me waste my time
2)Big alien gave his kid to play with daddy's craft

JayMark said:
How can you evaluate that they move a few hundread light years in a few minutes? Do you have an idea of the size and distance of what you are looking at? Even remotely? A star and a sattelite can look identical from our point of view but the diffrence in size and distance is quite astronomical.

JayMark,those were meant simply as jokes. Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough. I'm going to leave my opinions,even jokes,out of the picture,from now on,to avoid the confusion.Thank you

Yozilla said:
Maybe you could film it with camera (of course if you have one)?

I don't have camera,at least not one that is good enough. And, it wouldn't be much to see on video anyway,since it's relatively small light. But I'm considering to buy the binoculars good for night watching.There are binoculars that come together with camera though,but I think I wont be buying one of those.

Serendipity said:
JayMark,those were meant simply as jokes. Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough. I'm going to leave my opinions,even jokes,out of the picture,from now on,to avoid the confusion.Thank you

As you wish but I don't think leaving your opinion out of the picture is going to help.

JayMark said:
Serendipity said:

As you wish but I don't think leaving your opinion out of the picture is going to help.

Can you tell me what exactly are you referring to?

Since I already got ''slapped in the face'' on this thread http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,25470.45.html and that happened after I wrote this:

Here are my 3 wild guesses what that was :
1) UFO was playing with my head and/or generally making me waste my time
2)Big alien gave his kid to play with daddy's craft :P
3)UFO performed some other mysterious activity?

Please can you clarify your intentions since I can't see anything wrong in this post of mine:

Serendipity said:
About that UFO, it showed up again last night. In 4 last times that I went out, I saw it on 3 of those nights, and only didn't saw it one time when I spent less then 30 minutes out.It is always the same pattern.It has erratic movement and in the end it stops still in the sky looking like a star.

Any ideas?

And:

Hi tschai!
I know about the optical illusion you're saying about but this isn't even close to it. That 'light' really travels around on the sky,moving weirdly and eventually it finds a place where it remains motionless, at which point it would seem to anyone that it's a usual star.
Heck, even I questioned my sanity after looking for more then 20 minutes, at what then appeared to be ordinary star,but I knew it couldn't be a star.Except if it traveled few sectors and hundreds of light years in few minutes,from one point on the sky to the other,and doing weird things on it's path :P

Underlined part was meant as an joke.Is there something wrong in this,other then perhaps lacking of English language skills that maybe was cause for joke being misunderstood by some?

I'm becoming concerned that something is wrong with me cause I can't tell what is the cause of what might appear(to me)as repeated attacks on me :O

I'm simply sharing my experience as I saw it happened,and since I received,on my part much needed ''slapping'', I realized that on this forum I should leave my opinions out of the picture, but is it wrong to insert few jokes now and then? Please,tell me where is the problem now and I'll do my best to fix it. Thank you

I won't quote everything as it's getting a little confusing.

When I said: "As you wish but I don't think leaving your opinion out of the picture is going to help." I was referring to (from you): "I'm going to leave my opinions,even jokes,out of the picture,from now on,to avoid the confusion."

The only thing I wanted to point out about those "wild guesses" is that they lack explanation. I just wanted to know why you think any of those possibilities might be true. In other words, I want to know about what made you think of these possibilities. Not implying that they are wrong per se. You follow me here? My intention is to be objective here. Not to slap you or anybody in the face.

Now about the joke thing, granted I didn't understand it was one and I'm sorry for that. What you described reminded me of what we call "superluminal motion" hence why I took it seriously. There is nothing wrong with these kind of jokes as far as I'm concerned. I just didn't "get it". :P

I'm becoming concerned that something is wrong with me cause I can't tell what is the cause of what might appear(to me)as repeated attacks on me

See, this is the sort of thing I've been trying to tell you. When you say that alone, you are just lacking objectivity. Why? Because we can't see why you think so. Before making an assumption like this, you should care to explain why you feel it might be an 'attack'. Do you feel threatened? Do you feel 'bad' when it happens?

See, I'm simply asking for clarifications. Not trying to bash you.

I'm simply sharing my experience as I saw it happened,and since I received,on my part much needed ''slapping'', I realized that on this forum I should leave my opinions out of the picture, but is it wrong to insert few jokes now and then? Please,tell me where is the problem now and I'll do my best to fix it. Thank you

Your opinion is important. I'm just trying to help you being more objective. There is no "problem" at all to my eyes. I'm just giving my own opinion and asking for clarification.

So far you have pointed out theories and I just wish you could elaborate on them so we get a better picture as well. Why you think it could be an alien craft? Why do you think it could be an attack? Etc.

Peace.

Hi JayMark. No point in getting hung up on the usage of the abbreviation UFO.

As AWTF mentioned in the first page, until something concrete is discovered as an explanation, it is atm an unidentified flying object, no?

UFO doesn't necessarily mean 'alien craft', just that the viewer cannot identify what it is, yet anyway.

Serendipity, fwiw I'd go for the binocular gift. Or a telescope.......A good camera would be useful to share your experiences too.

Back
Top Bottom