Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

Therefore Putin does give Europe every opportunity not to collapse.
Yes, he gave many chances in the past already and still continues doing so, even when he was treated terrible by western leaders and mainly by the media. It says a lot about his superb character, imo. But I'm not holding my breath what western leaders will do since their affection/dependency to the evil government of US.

Here again I have the problem that I can’t find a reliable transcript of what Putin said (the full speech).

I don't know if he actually said it. Don't remember something like this. But recently was sent the following article:

Notice that Putin doesn’t say (assuming the above is correct) that one should invest in things like money (be it rubles, euros or dollars etc.) but in real things like gold, food and land. Why would he say that?

I don't remember Putin saying something like this. Don't think he would actually say something like this. The Russian government now makes sure to show the Russian citizens that although things will be harder, we won't be left to fend for ourselves like in the 90's. Duma Chairman actually said it. That there will be plenty of food and that Russian people won't be left alone. That they take definite steps to make sure things will be handled. And they do. That's why Putin has such a high rating. People see that he does everything he says.

I mean, despite the various problems, many people have this strange and deeply fulfilling feeling that Russia is finally fighting back and taking its rightful and equal place among the big nations. Also Russians have a strong sense of justice and fairness. And everything that happens helps to restore both values.

Even if it will mean a period of hard times, older people understand that it is nothing they didn't go through before. The younger ones have much more trouble, and that's why many of them fleeing the country. They go through a real moral bankruptcy. Their Western materialistic world is crushing around them.

What you mention above actually reminds me of what president of Tajikistan said just yesterday. It was a weird statement, As if he knows something, or maybe he is simply aware of his country's resources.

Tajik President Emomali Rakhmon urged the population to stockpile food for two years and be ready to defend the independence of their state.

"This year will be the most difficult for mankind in all respects, above all in terms of food security," Rakhmon said in his congratulatory message on the arrival of the holy month of Ramadan. "At a time when the political, military, economic and social situation in the world is extremely tense, crisis, complex and dangerous, the independence and freedom of individual countries and the structure of their statehood are seriously questioned. We must always be ready to defend the priceless good of our lives - state independence.

Rakhmon stressed that it is necessary "to solve the issue of a two-year supply of food in each family:

"Every family should think about providing for itself, produce as much as possible and stock up on the necessary food for two years."

Last edited:
Maybe this has been mentioned, but there is a long list with the history of EU sanctions:

Timeline - EU restrictive measures against Russia over Ukraine

The EU has progressively imposed sanctions on Russia since 2014, following the illegal annexation of Crimea. Additional sanctions have been imposed in 2022 in response to Russia's decision to recognise the non-government-controlled areas of the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts as independent entities and the unprovoked and unjustified military aggression against Ukraine.
This timeline gives an overview of the EU restrictive measures imposed on Russia since 2014.
See also Sanctions adopted following Russia’s military aggression against Ukraine
If you go to EU Sanctions Map you find:
Screenshot 2022-04-02 191123.jpg
If you click on the area you will find the sanction, you can also scroll down to find the information below the map.
When I clicked the whistleblower tool, it has to do with reporting circumvention of the rules:
Sharing of information about EU sanctions violations can contribute to the success of ongoing investigations in EU Member States and increase the effectiveness of EU sanctions.

If you are aware of possible violations of any EU sanctions, you can bring this to the Commission’s attention by voluntarily providing information. This information can relate, for example, to facts concerning sanctions violations, their circumstances and the individuals, companies and third countries involved. These can be facts that are not publicly known but are known to you and can cover past, ongoing or planned sanctions violations, as well as attempts to circumvent EU sanctions.

There are two ways you can report sanctions violations:

• Contact us directly: you can help us best if you come forward and provide your name and contact details, since this will give your statement more credibility and make it more likely that we are able to take action.
    To report sanctions violations this way you can simply send an email to relex-sanctions@ec.europa.eu
  • Remain anonymous: if you do not want to reveal your identity you can send us an anonymous message through the EU sanctions whistleblower tool, which is a highly secure online platform. The European Commission, who manages the tool, is fully committed to protecting your anonymity.

To access the tool, learn how your anonymity is protected, and report a sanctions violation, please copy paste or manually re-type the following URL for security reasons: https://EUsanctions.integrityline.com in your browser.
Is this what EU financial terrorism looks like? The policies they create are like warfare strategies, if not to increase control over other countries, then surely to exert more control with their own citizens.

Looks this way. It's because for Russia Europe is a sort of "extended area of influence". And also because right now US is setting up Europe for a fall. Basically Europe will be the first to be hit hard by the economic crisis, while US will hold on for longer. And in Putin's eyes, he would prefer Europe as a stable ally (on equal terms).

Therefore Putin does give Europe every opportunity not to collapse.

If you know Russian, you can watch these 3 videos. Here, here, and here. It's an interview with an analyst called Michail Muraviev. Apparently he is a well known analyst who "disappeared" from the net for a decade more or less, and now returned. His analysis got high praise from Sergey Glazyev, an economist. who hopefully at some point will replace Nabiulinna (the head of the Central Bank).

If you don't know Russian, you can use the autotranslate. The first video is pretty much introductory, the main points are in the next videos. He also says similar things to what another economist, Khazin, has been saying for awhile now.
Muraviev is an interesting "analyst". Thanks for sharing.

Sergey Glazyev, an economist. who hopefully at some point will replace Nabiulinna (the head of the Central Bank).
Now that will be interesting to see how this plays out. I don't have enough knowledge to evaluated Nabiulinna's job performance, but things I did read about her suggested she was the corner of the Russian V-th Column. However seeing as she is still on the job suggests she must be doing things the right way.

Here again I have the problem that I can’t find a reliable transcript of what Putin said (the full speech). Assuming he said something like the above, I‘m yet again wondering if he indirectly warns people/countries here to invest in such real assets because he knows that not only a „great reset“ of some sorts is planned by the PTB (or something like that happening as a result of their foolish actions) but significant (earth/reality?)-changes are upon us? Notice that Putin doesn’t say (assuming the above is correct) that one should invest in things like money (be it rubles, euros or dollars etc.) but in real things like gold, food and land. Why would he say that?

I can't find any information about it either. Neither in the telegram or twitter channel of MFA Russia or on their website. The closest I found was this Russia’s Putin declares an end to Western currencies, says world moving towards “real reserves” including “land, food, gold” - vulms but that seems more speculation and paragraph order to make it sound interesting. The other piece of the game that is out there and who are also interested is bitcoin enthusiasts who are the ones looking to back the btc more and more of a country's real reserves.

On the Cass side, they have been telling us that it would be a good time (for some time now) to start investing in gold. And Russia started moving their gold reserves by then and news was coming out from everywhere of that "strange" move by Russia, well, now they must be "oh, that's why they did it".

If I remember correctly, the act ordered all critical infrastructure in Russia to ditch all foreign software for the use of those facilities (it is illegal now, to do that) and instead use software that is developed at home and foreign free.

I also remember reading 'land, food and gold' somewhere but I can't locate it. It was not from the link Alma.Innovadora posted. I'll keep looking but I don't think I read it from RT or Sputniknews.

I relation to the 'software' memory, I remembered reading this from RT. The link in this article goes to an article on the Kremlin site (en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/68090) that I haven't been able to get onto at all for about a week. It made me wonder if the Russians had actually removed the K-site off the net and onto servers running completely different software.

Putin orders foreign software ban

Moscow seeks to reduce dependence on foreign tech in critical infrastructure

Mar. 30, 2022

Russian President Vladimir Putin has passed an executive order banning the purchase of foreign software for use in critical infrastructure projects by state agencies and semi-government entities, in an apparent bid to make the country less vulnerable to further Western sanctions and potential cyberattacks.

Effective from Thursday, the order allows for the purchase of foreign software for key infrastructure purposes only if permitted by “a federal executive body duly authorized by the Government of the Russian Federation.” Additionally, any government body or customer must phase out the use of foreign software on their sensitive systems by no later than the start of 2025.

Regulators were ordered to release requirements for software that will be used in critical infrastructure within a month
, along with rules for coordinating the purchase of foreign software and related services for use on sensitive sites.

Putin’s executive order also seeks to prioritize the use of domestic radio, electronic and telecom-related technology over foreign equipment, with measures aimed at achieving this goal to be released within six months. A research and production association focused on manufacturing “trusted software and hardware systems for critical information infrastructure” is also supposed to be organized by the end of September at the latest

Moscow’s efforts are a response to sanctions from the West, aimed at cutting Russia off from both its own high-tech industry and high-tech goods made in third-party countries using American intellectual property.

Russia's military operation in Ukraine, launched late last month, has resulted in international embargoes targeting the Russian economy and prominent political and business figures. Many foreign companies have been announcing a halt or suspension of operations in Russia amid the sanctions, including credit card companies Visa and MasterCard, several automakers, and tech giants including Microsoft, Apple, and Dell.

While US President Joe Biden had hoped to cut off “more than half” of Russia’s access to “high-tech imports” with the latest rounds of sanctions, the “boomerang” effect is already returning to hit the West, according to Dmitry Medvedev, deputy chair of the Russian Security Council. The former Russian president pointed out on Wednesday that “global inflation is on the rise. It looks like a recession is starting in Europe, which could spread to the entire world.”

Ukrainian War - April 1st 2022 - Day 37 - Evening Update

Ukraine day 37.jpg

The Battle of Ukraine

+ Since the first Iraq War, we should be used to identifying Western propaganda for what it is.

A good example these days: when you read that an official of the British services claims that the Russians have sabotaged their own equipment, it should immediately raise a red flag. Have the British services distinguished themselves in the last twenty years by their professionalism when it comes to assessing an enemy of the West? Or, again in the Washington Post: high mortality rate among Russian generals. Or again: his entourage would hide bad news from Putin; the Russian leadership would be divided etc... The latest find of CNN is to make believe that Putin is requisitioning 134,000 conscripts for the war in Ukraine; while the Russian president has simply signed the annual decree on military service, with precise numbers.

On the other hand, when Arestovich, Zelinsky's advisor, explains that Russia has practically destroyed the Ukrainian military industry, this is not picked up by the established media in the West. It should be noted that since the beginning of the operation, in addition to the destruction of airfields, military infrastructure, fuel depots etc., according to the latest briefing of the Russian Ministry of Defense, the Russian army has destroyed 124 warplanes, 82 helicopters, 357 drones, 1854 tanks and other armed vehicles, 202 air defense systems, 777 artillery pieces and mortars, as well as 1722 units of special military vehicles since the beginning of its special operation in Ukraine.

We are heading not only for an indisputable military victory of Russia but for a strategic defeat of NATO. Western fake news are pathetic attempts to delay the inevitable.

+ The Kosovo war has been recalled these days. Who remembers that it lasted 70 days in the spring of 1999? Who remembers that Western commentators explained at the time around April 15 (the war had started on March 10) that the United States was losing the war?

+ In fact, as we have said several times, the West no longer knows what war is. In our daily reports we ourselves have been a little impatient at times. Today Izum is completely taken.
Denis Pushilin, president of the Donetsk secessionist republic, announced the following battle: he insisted today on the advisability of evacuating civilians from Slaviansk and Kramatorsk, where fighting is likely to be as hard as in Mariupol.

+ There is a lot of talk about Russian troops leaving the Kiev region. But, as a result, Ukrainian troops are also moving east. Between 20,000 and 40,000 men stationed in the Kiev region are going to confront the Russians in the battle of the Donbass.

+ In Mariupol, the Russian army is resorting to ballistic strikes now that the last of the Azov fighters have regrouped far from the settlements. The military equipment camouflaged in the Azovstal factory can thus be targeted.

+ Precision ballistic strikes by the Russian army continued today: Dnepropetrovsk.

+ Attempts by the Ukrainians to counterattack Kherson from Nikolayev failed. The city of Nikolayev should be under Russian control in the next few days.

+Let's go back to the north. Two Ukrainian helicopters crossed the Russian border to strike a fuel depot in Belgorod. This is the second successful Ukrainian strike in Belgorod (across the border from Kharkov). The Russians retaliated with a number of precise strikes on the Kharkov region.

Towards the self-destruction of the European economy?

Via Clever Tactics, Putin Gets His Way On Rubles-For-Energy Demand Via Clever Tactics, Putin Gets His Way On Rubles-For-Energy Demand | ZeroHedge

— zerohedge (@zerohedge) April 1, 2022

+ The CEO of BASF gave an interview to the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. Already at the beginning of the week, the company had made it known that it feared a halt in Russian gas supplies. However, it seems that there is still a lot of political resistance. Martin Brudermüller is asking his government to be realistic: Germany cannot do without Russian gas for the time being: "If we don't receive Russian gas for a long time," explains Martin Brudermüller, "then we really have a problem here in Germany. At BASF, we would have to reduce or completely shut down production at our largest site in Ludwigshafen if supplies fell significantly and permanently below 50 percent of our maximum natural gas requirements." And he adds: "To put it bluntly: This could lead the German economy into its worst crisis since the end of the Second World War and destroy our prosperity. For many small and medium-sized enterprises in particular, this could mean the end. We can't take that risk!"

This is a classic situation in Germany, where religious respect for established principles clashes with economic pragmatism. "Many have misconceptions. I notice this in many conversations I have. People often make no connection between a boycott and their own jobs. It's as if our economy and prosperity are set in stone."

+ Meanwhile, the new payment method came into effect today, April 1, according to a decree signed yesterday by Vladimir Putin, turning payments in foreign currency for gas deliveries to "unfriendly" countries into rubles.
"The document requires foreign buyers (...) to create accounts in Russian banks from April 1 in order to pay for the delivery. According to this mechanism, the buyer opens foreign currency and ruble accounts with Gazprombank (GPB), pays for gas supplies by transfer to a foreign currency account, and then the bank exchanges this foreign currency into rubles on the Moscow Stock Exchange and deposits it into the buyer's ruble account."
So the gas is paid in rubles from the buyer's ruble account.
This is not the mechanism that will lead to the "creation of the ruble as an international settlement currency," noted Sofya Donets, Russia and CIS analyst at Renaissance Capital. Gas buyers do not need to look for rubles. The concept, however, eliminates penalties and speculative danger, as payments could previously get stuck in a European bank.
A mechanism that allows a formal payment, but guarantees that Russia does not receive it, is now impossible, Vladimir Bragin, director of financial market analysis and macroeconomics at the management company Alfa-Capital, told journalists."

Readers interested in digging deeper can read this Zero Hedge article.

+ Now let's move across the Channel, where the Russophobia of Boris Johnson and part of his majority is killing any benefits of Brexit: "The National Farmers' Union has warned that the UK is sinking into a food security crisis. Soaring energy and fertilizer costs have led to an unprecedented situation where farmers' margins have collapsed, forcing many out of business (...)

Fertilizer prices have tripled since last year, as have prices for packaging, diesel, freight, labor and everything else involved in running a farm.

"We are now in an unprecedented situation where cost increases are far beyond a grower's ability to do anything," said Jack Ward, director of British Growers.
With many greenhouses out of operation, this will inevitably reduce production of food for supermarkets and lead to persistent or even higher food inflation as overall inflation reaches historic levels.
To give an idea of the scale of the situation, the Valley Growers Association, whose members produce about 75% of the UK's cucumber and bell pepper crop, said 90% of farmers did not plant in January. Others said they wouldn't grow a crop with high gas prices. "There will definitely be a shortage of British produce in the supermarkets," said Lee Stiles, secretary of the association. "Whether there is a shortage of product overall depends on where and how far retailers are willing to source." While the U.K. could increase imports, countries around the world are implementing protectionist measures to keep agricultural products at home to alleviate shortages due to the conflict in Ukraine that is disrupting the global food supply. Like many other countries around the world, the UK is sleepwalking into a food crisis."

+ Viktor Orban, on the other hand, is more realistic and stresses that not only his country but also the European Union cannot afford to substitute "very expensive" American gas for Russian gas. But as a result, the opposition, which would like to defeat Viktor Orban and his Fidesz party in the parliamentary elections on Sunday, April 3, has started a very violent campaign, including through posters, calling Orban "the Hungarian Putin". Add that the conservative Polish government also insults Orban. And last night the facade of the Hungarian embassy in Poland was vandalized.

The rapid emergence of a multipolar world

🇷🇺 🇮🇳 Russian Foreign Minister Sergey #Lavrov was received by Prime Minister @narendramodi during his official visit to #India#RussiaIndia #DruzhbaDosti pic.twitter.com/2ZIsW0pi97

— MFA Russia 🇷🇺 (@mfa_russia) April 1, 2022

+ The reception of the Russian Foreign Minister by Indian Prime Minister Modi himself is a clear sign of India's desire to be associated with the political revolution underway, the transition to a multipolar world.

+ It is not without irony that Mrs. Truss, the British Foreign Minister, was in New Delhi at the same time as Sergei Lavrov arrived; Mrs. Truss, so hawkish a few weeks ago, had to concede at a press conference that her country had no business interfering in the politics of a sovereign state.

+ The Indian foreign minister took advantage of Mrs. Truss' visit to convey India's annoyance with Western pressure. The day before the visit, Olaf Scholz's foreign policy adviser Jens Plötner had come to try to put the Indians on the right track.

+ In a discussion between the EU and China, Ursula von der Leyen and Charles Michel asked Xi Jinping to condemn Russia and not to do anything to allow Russia to circumvent the sanctions. Obviously Xi Jinping was not impressed by the implicit threats made by the European side, as he just described the conflict as "deeply regrettable".

+"The Ukrainian crisis reveals once again the hypocrisy of the West when it comes to the value of human life, migration and the sovereignty of nation-states," Mansour Almarzoqi, director of the Center for Strategic Studies at the Prince Saud Al Faisal Institute for Diplomatic Studies in Riyadh, the Saudi capital, recently said; He sees "absolutely no difference between George Bush's invasion of Iraq in 2003 and Putin's invasion of Ukraine," yet the two are being handled in completely different ways. Considering that the American war of aggression against Iraq was approved, but that the Russian war of aggression against Ukraine must now be severely punished, that the West is fiercely closed to Arab and African refugees, but welcomes European refugees from Ukraine, Almarzoqi judges that "hidden under the thin facade of the discourse of human rights and democracy" is still "the colonial legacy of the West".

Translated from Guerre d'Ukraine: Vendredi 1er avril 2022 - Jour 37 - Fin de soirée - Le Courrier des Stratèges

I also remember reading 'land, food and gold' somewhere but I can't locate it.

The „land, food and gold“ comment is presented in that short video section bjorn brought up here, and which I quoted, that claims that this is what Putin said.

I tell ya, we need to be careful with such things and ALWAYS first try to find an original and official readout/translation of what Putin and Co are saying, and with all the rest of a speech for context. Otherwise we run the risk on basing our interpretations and assumptions on a totally flawed, or flat out wrong, foundation. Russians speakers can be very lucky here since they can actually hear and verify what they actually say without necessarily needing an official readout/translation.

Sputniknews:

Greek Railway Workers Refuse to Transport NATO Tanks Toward Ukraine

Apr. 2, 2022

Washington and Athens have dramatically expanded their bilateral military cooperation late last year, when the US took advantage of Greece’s maritime dispute with Turkey over gas drilling rights in the Mediterranean. The US gained access to 4 additional Greek bases, and the two countries penned a major $9.4 billion naval equipment deal in December.

Trade unions in the Greek city of Thessaloniki united in support of employees of private railway company TrainOSE after management attempted to clamp down on workers who refused to take part in the transfer of US and NATO military equipment from Alexandropoulos to Eastern Europe, the news portal of the Communist Party of Greece (KKE) has announced.

TrainOSE reportedly threatened workers from the Thessaloniki Electric Locomotive Department, who refused to travel to Alexandropoulos to provide technical servicing of trains involved in transporting NATO military out of the port city, with punitive action, pointing to their obligations under signed contracts.

This prompted Thessaloniki’s trade unions to adopt a resolution demanding Greek railway infrastructure not to be used to transport military equipment, and ordering TrainOSE to stop its efforts to intimidate employees.

“We demand that our country’s railway rolling stock not be used to transfer the US and NATO arsenal to neighbouring countries. We condemn employers’ threats against TrainOSE employees who have refused to provide technical maintenance for trains which are currently transporting NATO tanks from the Alexandropoulos port. Employers’ statements to the effect that ‘what do you care what the trains carry, it’s your job and you are obliged to go’ are a joke,” the resolution said.

“We, the railway workers, work to provide affordable and quality transportation to the people and for the transport of goods which can be used to meet their needs, not to become part of the country’s involvement in plans which are dangerous for the people, by transporting NATO material to areas near Ukraine. We will not be accomplices in the passage of the war machine through the territory of our country,” the statement added.

A dozen trade unions, including workers of the chemical industry of Northern Greece, construction, telecoms, food industry, hotels, catering establishments, local authorities and municipal enterprises backed the resolution.

According to Alexandropoulos port director Konstantinos Hadzimihail, three trains’ worth of NATO equipment have been sent to Poland and Romania through the port to date. At least three NATO ships have entered the port over the past month, including the US-flagged Liberty Passion, and the Hartland Point, a British ro-ro cargo vessel, and the US Liberty King, which is continuing to be unloaded.

The KKE has been highly active in opposing Athens’ involvement in the crisis between NATO and Russia over Ukraine.

On Tuesday, KKE activists in the region of Thrace threw water balloons filled with red paint at US armour being transported on railway cars.

The party has also organised a series of protests in Athens and other major cities. On Friday evening, the KKE held a rally on Syntagma Square, next to the country’s parliament building. Party leader Dimitris Koutsoumpas told the crowd that the KKE is fighting to close all NATO and US bases in Greece and is opposed to the deployment of a single Greek soldier or officer abroad.

The US and its NATO allies have dramatically ramped up arms deliveries to Ukraine in recent weeks. On Friday, Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said the US would provide $300 million more in weapons, including laser-guided missile systems, drones, armoured vehicles, night vision and thermal imaging devices, satellite imagery and communications equipment, machine guns and medical supplies. The Biden administration has allocated over $2.3 billion in military “aid” to Ukraine over the past year, on top of over $1.5 billion sent by his predecessor Donald Trump. Washington’s European allies committed an additional billion euros (about $1.1 billion US) to Kiev since February.

Blogger Reveals How She Was Used to Create Fake About ‘Russian Air Strike’ on Mariupol Hospital

Apr. 2, 2022

FILE - Mariana Vishegirskaya stands outside a maternity hospital that was damaged by shelling in Mariupol, Ukraine, Wednesday, March 9, 2022. Visheirskaya was taken to another nearby hospital where she gave birth the following day to a baby girl she named Veronika. “We were lying in wards when glass, frames, windows and walls flew apart,” she told AP, lying next to her newborn. We don’t know how it happened. We were in our wards and some had time to cover themselves. Some didn’t.” (AP Photo/Mstyslav Chernov, File) - Sputnik International, 1920, 02.04.2022

© AP Photo / Mstyslav Chernov

Photos snapped by an Associated Press photographer of a pregnant woman at a demolished Mariupol hospital which Western media claimed had been “bombed by Russian forces” spread like wildfire, with US and European officials and media characterising the incident as evidence of Russian “war crimes”. The Russian MoD dismissed the allegations.

Marianna Vyshemirskaya, a Mariupol beauty blogger who has been turned into a symbol by Western media to shore up claims that the Russian military deliberately bombed one of the city’s maternity hospitals on 9 March, has come forward to explain what really took place.

In a series of story posts on her Instagram page, Vyshemirskaya, whose name was erroneously reported as "Vyshegirskaya" in many Western reports, stressed that the hospital was not struck in an air strike, but apparently shelled by artillery.

Vyshemirskaya also explained that immediately after the shelling, photos of her and other women were taken without their permission by an Associated Press reporter wearing military fatigues and a helmet.

“I spent probably 30 minutes near the maternity hospital. This was where I was photographed. I was the last one to be photographed. When I saw the Associated Press reporter taking pictures I asked him to stop because I didn’t want or need this. He answered ‘Yes, yes, okay’, but after I and a policeman who agreed to accompany me to the second floor of the building to get my things came back down he again started snapping us”, the woman said.

According to Vyshemirskaya, even Ukrainian law enforcement told the reporter not to shoot, with the photo correspondent ignoring them at first, before finally leaving after being warned a second time.

“I did not give my permission for my photos to be taken and published. They published them by their own initiative”, Vyshemirskaya stressed.

The woman said that two days after the incident, Associated Press reporters came back and asked her for an interview. “I replied that I am apolitical and did not want to give any interview. They said ‘We are also apolitical, but we’ve published your photos on the Internet’”, she recalled.

That’s when the slew of fakes and information attacks began, she said. “Because the situation that developed, which they plopped me into –because I never agreed to have my photos published, I was forced to comment, since my situation was considered a fake, that there was nobody in the maternity hospital. I said there were women in labour and pregnant women in the hospital…They also asked me if there was an air raid. I replied that no one heard an air raid. Explosions took place but there were no noises before or after them [to indicate aircraft]. This information didn’t seem to be to their liking. They cut it out”, she said.

In a separate interview published Saturday, Marianna said she and her husband went to Mariupol’s Maternity Hospital # 3 after being rejected by Maternity Hospital #2, which was not accepting patients, and Maternity Hospital #1, which she said had been “occupied by the military”.

Russian Ambassador to the UN Vasily Nebenzya mentioned Ukrainian troops’ occupation of Maternity Hospital #1 in an address on 7 March.

Vyshemirskaya also revealed the difficult conditions at the hospital, saying that husbands of the pregnant women had to live in the hospital’s basement, and that food had to be prepared in a field kitchen in the yard. Vyshemirskaya said Ukrainian troops at the hospital did nothing to help, and one day even came and took food away from staff, saying they had not eaten in days.

‘Information Provocation’​

Four people were killed, one baby died as a stillbirth, and at least 17 others were injured in the Mariupol hospital attack.

EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell called the incident a “heinous war crime” by Russia. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said it was evidence that “a genocide of Ukrainians is taking place”.

Russian Defence Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov dismissed claims of Russian involvement as an “information provocation by Kiev”, noting that a ceasefire regime had been declared by Russian forces on 9 March to allow for the evacuation of Mariupol’s residents, and that Russian aircraft did not take to the skies over the city that day. The Russian military also warned repeatedly about the presence of Ukrainian troops and neo-Nazi Azov militants at the city's hospitals.

After being published by the AP on 10 March, photos of a battered Marianna carrying a blanket against the backdrop of the bombed out hospital spread like wildfire online. The news agency ran the story with the lead: "A Russian airstrike devastated a maternity hospital Wednesday in the besieged port city of Mariupol amid growing warnings from the West that Moscow's invasion is about to take a more brutal and indiscriminate turn".

The photos were immediately picked up and used extensively by a host of other outlets, from the BBC and CNN to The Guardian, The Mirror, and a host of other outlets as a symbol of "Russian torture and brutality".
An ill-fated series of tweets by the Russian Embassy in the UK saying that the incident appeared staged sparked further outrage, and ultimately prompted Twitter to remove them.

Vyshemirskaya's story is the latest in an increasingly dense ecosystem of fakes, misinformation, and disinformation which has appeared online during the Ukraine crisis, from the legend of Snake Island, where the Ukrainian troops that Russia was feared to have indiscriminately cut down later appeared alive and well in Crimea, to the famous "Ghost of Kiev", the mythical Ukrainian fighter ace reported to have shot down an innumerable number of Russian planes.

This article, by Gordon M. Hahn is critical of all sides, as far as the totalitarian trend is concerned. To him, it appears that the totalitarianism is equal across the board. I would disagree, but can also see why he would put it that way, considering he is in the US.
I also think there is much more evidence than available in the article that shows that the US/EU and the Ukraine leadership did not mind that conflict development happened. It fits with their long term strategy with regard to Russia.

by GORDON M. HAHNMarch 29, 2022
We’re All Authoritarian Now
The Russo-Ukrainian war has accelerated authoritarianism in the West, Russia, and Ukraine, putting China and much of the Islamic world aside for the moment. In each of these ‘western’ worlds, public campaigns and legislation are demonizing and/or imprisoning those who take the ‘wrong’ side in the war. A witch hunt is underway across the West writ large (to include Russia however illogical it may be at this point to do so).

In Russia, any expression of support for Ukraine or its civilian population is censored, and those who express such points of view will be fired from their jobs. As Matt Taibbi summarized events: “In the last weeks, Russia took an already exacting speech environment to new extremes. A law was passed that would impose prison sentences for anyone spreading “fake news” about the Ukraine invasion; access was cut to Facebook and Twitter; stations like Echo Moskvi and TV Rain as well as BBC Russia, Radio Liberty, the New Times, Deutsche Welle, Doxa,and Latvia-based Meduza were effectively shut down; Wikipedia was threatened with a block over its invasion page; and national authorities have appeared to step in to prevent coverage of soldiers killed in the war, requiring local outlets to use terms like ‘special operation’ instead. The latter development is connected to the state media regulator, Roskomnadzor, issuing a remarkably desperate dictum requiring news outlets to ‘use information and data received by them only from official Russian sources'” (Orwell Was Right). Another new law stipulated punishments for “anti-war’ articulations. For “public calls” for “discrediting” the use of Russian military forces, a fine of $350 for individuals and up to $3,500 for organizations for the first offense. A second such offense in a single year carries a fine from 100 to 300 thousand rubles (approximately $750-2,200) and arrest for a term of 4 to 6 months or imprisonment for up to 3 years. If such actions, including anti-draft calls, resulted in death by negligence and/or harm to the health of citizens/property, “mass violations of public order / security” or obstruct the livelihoods, transport or social infrastructure, banks, facilities of energy, industry, communications, then the fine increases to 300 thousand – 1 million rubles, and the term of imprisonment – up to 5 years (https://thebell.io/ugolovnoe-nakazanie-za-feyki-o-voyne-i-antivoennye-prizyvy-razbor).

The signaling that approves and drives such repression was given the highest level imprimatur, when on March 16th President Vladimir Putin addressed the issue of ‘fifth columns’ in Russia doing the West’s bidding. Russia’s fifth column includes but is not limited to those who make money in Russia but live abroad. It also includes those who hold to Western values, “national traitors long ago mentally live in the West, not with our people, not in Russia” not in the physical sense but in their orientation and preferences (Путин: очищение от «пятой колонны» предателей и подонков укрепит страну). Liberal former government minister and chairman of the Skolkovo Foundation Arkadii Dvorkovich is about to be removed from his post for stating the war is wrong (https://yandex.ru/news/story/Edinaya_Rossiya_poprosila_uvolit_Dvorkovicha_sposta_glavy_fonda_Skolkovo–4442ef58a6b0e99d0097523dc59f93c0?lang=ru&rubric=index&fan=1&stid=oyn1-LwUBBj7uUPjeVVP&t=1647470046&tt=true&persistent_id=184636509&story=6f5f6574-a0f3-57b9-a2c8-86e4ee020c06). Since the war began no anti-war protests have been allowed in Moscow or anywhere else in Russia, and any unsanctioned demonstrations are immediately met with police action and detentions. In sum, a Russian regime that was gradually moving in the direction of mid-range authoritarianism has arrived there and is likely to move in the direction of harsh authoritarianism should the war last many months or a year or more.

In the US, new Ukraine-related mantras have been added to the ever lengthening list of beliefs and articulations the Democrat Party-state requires of all Americans to demonstrate they are void of racism, homophobia, and treason and to maintain employment or access to social media. Now one must state that Putin is a war criminal, that Russia has no right to a sphere of influence and friendly states along its borders, that there are no neofascists in Ukraine, that only Russian military forces kill civilians, and only Russia issues propaganda, disinformation and ‘fakes.’ The victims of this party-sate line are not dissidents but mainstream figures. FOX News host Tucker Carlson, former candidate for the Democrat Party 2020 presidential nomination and US active military serviceman Tulsi Gabbard, recently accused of “almost treason” and “treasonous lies” by US Senator and former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney (Romney Accuses Tulsi Of Treason). This is a consequence of long mounting trend led by the Democrat Party, picking up the ball from the post-9/11 Bush administration’s initiation. As liberal journalist Glenn Greenwald notes: “An entire generation has been trained to believe that “treason” is the crime of expressing views that undermine Democratic Party leaders, diverge from the U.S. security state, and/or dispute the consensus of the U.S. corporate press.” “As pervasive as “traitor” accusations were during the Trump presidency, the Russian invasion of Ukraine has elevated this “treason” mania to never-before-seen heights. Everyone and anyone who questions or deviates in any way from the prevailing bipartisan consensus is accused of being a treasonous Russian agent based on the slightest infraction.” (Romney's "Treason" Smear of Tulsi Gabbard is False and Noxious, But Now Typifies U.S. Discourse). One member of that generation, former US ambassador to Moscow, Michael McFaul, in the wake of the Russian invasion called for any one professing an alternative view on the Russo-Ukraine war be banned from all public fora ( ). The irony of a person who made his career in democracy promotion and supporting what Russians call ‘color revolutions’ for the sake of democracy in countries allied or adjacent to Russia and in Russia itself is hard to contain below the level of hysterical laughter. More importantly, it is a sign of just how close self-righteous Americans like McFaul are in their mindset to their famous nemesis–Putin. Not even Putin has fallen so low to the level of another authoritarian McFaul tweet — echoed by many other Westerners — in which the democracy promoter called on holding all Russians accountable for Putin’s invasion and the war’s calamities. McFaul then removed his Tweet testimony supporting the fascist principle of collective guilt. ( and linked at Revolver.com under the heading “Crazed GAE ambassador rips off the mask… he’s a genocidal freak…” on March 2).. This curse was apparently would also fall on all of McFaul’s Russian allies in democracy promotion. Thus, the Russian population is now caught between two ever more hotly burning authoritarian flames: Putin’s increasingly authoritarian regime — sure to become even more authoritarian as a result of the war — and Biden’s and McFaul’s authoritarianizing America, NATO and the Western allies.

With such ‘leadership’, mass and social media have taken up the cudgel of censorship and public denunciation against anything Russian across the West. During the Cold War, there were student, cultural, scientific, and athletic exchanges with the USSR. The USSR’s flagship news program ‘Vremya’ and Radio Moscow could be received in the US. Libraries and individual citizens could subscribe to Pravda and Izvestiya. The West survived and did not compromise its free speech and freedom of journalism and information to do so. Now anything Russian — Russian athletic, scientific, and cultural organizations — is being completely shut off from the West. Now, as Taibbi summarizes, Western governments have de-platformed Russian state media advertisements. “In the U.S., Google and YouTube have banned Russian state media ads (following a request by Senator Mark Warner) and demonetized ‘a number of Russian channels,’ including RT but also many non-Russian individuals, before proceeding to demonetize all individual Russian content creators, even the individuals opposing the invasion. … DuckDuckGo, the speechier, more pro-privacy alternative to Google, announced it was de-ranking ‘sites associated with Russian disinformation.’ A growing list of Westerners have seen accounts frozen for supposed parroting of Russian talking points or ‘abusive’ commentary.” The EU, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube have attempted to cut access to all Russian state media. EU sanctions require the delisting of any RT or Sputnik content, even if posted by from individuals. “YouTube flagged* Oliver Stone’s documentary Ukraine on Fire, while Netflix is going so far as to shelve a production of Anna Karenina. In what might have been the craziest move of all, Meta reportedly followed up a decision to un-ban the neo-Nazi Azov Battalion with a mind-blowing decision to alter its hate speech policies to ‘allow Facebook and Instagram users in some countries to call for violence against Russians and Russian soldiers in the context of the Ukraine invasion,’ according to internal emails seen by Reuters.” Following the Soviet model of coerced denunciation and kritikasamokritika, Russian musicians are being required to publicly denounce Russia’s invasion of and war in Ukraine or be fired from their jobs (Classical Music Cancels Russians | City Journal). The University of Milan canceled then reconsidered and restored a course on Fyodor Dostoevskii, though perhaps this has as much to do with the communist revival in the West. Thus, a “cultural Iron Curtain” of ostracism and censorship has descended on Europe in addition to the world economy’s economic and financial bifurcation through Western, then Russian sanctions.

One of the hallmarks of authoritarianism is the ubiquity of government lies, disinformation, and today’s omnipresent ‘fakes.’ Each side in the conflict confines news reports on alleged atrocities and catastrophic wartime bloodletting to those committed or allegedly committed by the other side. Western and Ukrainian news report only Russian attacks that kill or wound civilians and in all cases these are classified as deliberate Russian attacks on Ukrainian civilians. The Russian side includes no mention or media coverage of Ukrainian civilian casualties whatsoever. The Ukrainian side mentions only its civilian casualties plus Russian military casualties and fully ignores the Ukrainian army’s and its neofascist-dominated volunteer battalions’ infliction of casualties on residents of the DNR and LNR. Thus, Western media immediately report without hesitation or investigation any Ukrainian government or media outlets’ claims of Russian atrocities, regardless of the lack of any evidence in the Ukrainian reports. Thus, when the Ukrainian side fired an inaccurate rocket on a civilian center in Donetsk on March 14th that was intercepted by DNR/LNR or Russian forces and exploded killing more than 20 and wounding many times more, the Ukrainian media and Western media were silent. The Western media is also about manufacturing fakes in the cruelest of fashion, and one was tied to the March 14th Ukrainian rocket attack on Donetsk civilians. The Italian newspaper La Stampa featured on its front page a photograph of the carnage in Donetsk after the explosion under the caption “Carnage” and a claim that the photograph showed the aftermath of a Russian attack on Ukrainian civilians (www.nicolaporro.it/quella-foto-fake-pubblicata-dalla-stampa-in-prima-pagina/amp/).

Ukraine, also caught between the Russian and Western (and globalist Great Reset) authoritarian flames, is following the authoritarian lead of both their friends and foes. Kiev recently adopted a new law against collaborationism, which stipulates sentences of up to 15 years for cooperating with Russia in any way. This would presumably include any business dealings with Russian persons and companies. Any political party or public organization, including any religious organization, that has a member convicted under this new statute is subject to being banned. Cooperation or collaboration with the aggressor country (Russia) can be not only military, political and administrative but also economic and informational. Any refutation of Ukraine’s sovereignty or cooperation with any occupational regime, local administration or educational institution brings a prisons sentence of up to three years and a ban from public office for 10-15 years. ("Пособничество врагу". Что написано в новом законе о коллаборантах и будут ли запрещать партии). Thus, the law appears to be designed not just to punish quislings but also to be another lever created by Zelenskiy since coming to power for using the conflict with Russia and Donbass to consolidate power in the hands of a few nationalist oriented groups. It should also be noted that similar previous laws made any arguments in support of Donbass or display of communist symbols punishable. Zelenskiy has closed five television channels, and his prosecutors indicted his presidential predecessor for treason in January. Petro Poroshenko could also come under the hammer of the new law, since his Rosshen chocolate candies are still sold in Russia.

Whereas before the war outright Nazism and neofascism was kept off mainstream media. They were ‘confined’ to official and societal symbols like Stepan Bandera, political parties like Right Sector and ‘Freedom’, and the independent neofascist-dominated volunteer battalions and larger units such as the National Korpus and Volunteer Ukrainian Corps (DUK) of Right Sector (RS). Ukrainians are beginning to ‘remove their masks’ under the pressure of war. The old codes — such as terms for pro-Russians and Donbassians as ‘vatniki‘ and ‘moskaly‘ (ethnic Russians) who were celebrated in a frequent public ritual calling for the stabbing moskaly — are being pushed aside. A recent television segment saw an anchor of sorts call for the extermination of all Russians, starting with Russian children. The speaker quoted Nazi Adolf Eichmann, who helped carry out the holocaust, “since they call us Nazis.” He cited Eichmann’s phrase that “in order to destroy a nation you must destroy, first of all, children” (https://t.co/4VU4fCzROB; ; and Сотрудник украинского телеканала призвал убивать русских детей, но потом извинился). This is standard thinking among neofascists such as in RS [see Gordon M. Hahn, Ukraine over the Edge (McFarland, 2018 and Zelenskiy’s Theater of Simulacra as Coup Hoax and the Activation of Bad Actors in and around Ukraine). Ukrainian state officials and media and private media are mass producing disinformation and fake news reports. The martyrdom of 13 Ukrainian soldiers on Snake Island turned out to be false as the unit surrendered and is in Russian custody. Another fake was the Ukrainian pilot, the ‘ghost’, who supposedly shot down 5-6 Russian fighter jets in the war’s first days. Another was the Russian bombing of the Babi Yar cemetery and memorial — site of a mass execution of Jews by Nazi and Ukrainians during World War II . More recent fakes include the alleged shooting by Russian troops of Ukrainian civilians in a bread line Chernigov (Russia denies U.S. Embassy report that its forces shot Ukrainians in bread line). There have been neither Ukrainian Defense Ministry nor Russian Defense Ministry reports of Russian troops ever having entered Chernigov since the war began. The Ukrainian Defense Ministry apparently also faked the destruction of a Russian warship two weeks ago (ASB Military News). But remember this is not all that new; the Ukrainian Maidan regime was born in the bloody fake of a snipers attack on 20 February 2014 carried out by the Maidan protest’s neofascist wing targeting both demonstrators and police but blamed in the West on President Viktor Yanukovych and the Berkut riot police, who merely returned fire from where they thought it came (REPORT: The Real Ukrainian “Snipers’ Massacre”, 20 February 2014) . Putin surely knows this and this explains in part his determination to change the configuration of the Ukrainian regime and state.

The hypocrisy on all sides knows no bounds. The West declares that it is defending ‘democracy’ in Ukraine, while it destroys democracy at home in the name of the Great Reset, COVID, and now Ukraine. Russia claims it is protecting the ‘last refuge’ of European values–the Russian world–while anti-war demonstrations and any manifestation of anti-war sentiment is punished. Ukraine claims to be protecting the republican West and Western civilization while it strengthens its own authoritarianism under a regime born in the blood of a false flag snipers’ attack. The West rejects and censors the view that NATO expansion and neofascist coups are not democracy promotion but rather threaten Russian national security and pushed Putin’s hand. Russian television expends crocodile tears over casualties and humanitarian catastrophe caused by the war in order to blame the West for the war, but is shockingly self-aware regarding its country’s role in escalating the Donbass civil war into a Ukrainian-wide conflagration. Kiev cries real tears over its civilian losses but has long dehumanized its victims in Donbass for eight years, while refusing to fulfill its Minsk 2 obligations towards its would-be citizens. The normal, human reaction is virtually absent on all sides. Instead, all sides are demonizing and dehumanizing their foe. Americans say Putin is a fascist. Putin says Ukraine’s Maidan regime is fascist and fully backed in this by the West. At 7:30pm on March 17th on Russia’s state First Channel, the anchor of a talk show did express sympathy for everyone suffering in Ukraine. I have not heard any sympathy in the eight years of Kiev’s civil war in Donbass a word of sympathy for its victims — the majority of which are on the rebel, anti-Maidan side – from the West or Kiev. Maybe there have been such words, but I missed them.

Regardless, there are no good guys in this war. The war is another European tragedy becoming a catastrophe for humankind. It is the fault and the result of a lack of vision and willingness to compromise on all sides. We see only international ambitions driven by national ambition and folly of misguided great powers, and their sacrificial lamb, amorphous Ukraine, is losing its chance for statehood as a result of the hubris of its great power ‘friends’ and foes alike.
He claims there are no good guys in this war. I think attempting to try and take out pathological people is justified in this situation, but Hahn does not enter into that discussion.

Last edited:
Sputniknews:

Blogger Reveals How She Was Used to Create Fake About ‘Russian Air Strike’ on Mariupol Hospital

The photos were immediately picked up and used extensively by a host of other outlets, from the BBC and CNN to The Guardian, The Mirror, and a host of other outlets as a symbol of "Russian torture and brutality". An ill-fated series of tweets by the Russian Embassy in the UK saying that the incident appeared staged sparked further outrage, and ultimately prompted Twitter to remove them.

Fwiw, from the article photo, the AP photographer is Mstyslav Chernov:

Mstyslav Chernov (Ukrainian: Мстислав Андрійович Чернов; born 1985) is a Ukrainian photographer, photojournalist, filmmaker, war correspondent and novelist known for his coverage of Ukrainian revolution, War in Donbass, including the downing of flight MH17, Syrian Civil War, Battle of Mosul in Iraq as well as for his diverse photography exhibitions. Chernov is an Associated Press journalist and the President of the Ukrainian Association of Professional Photographers (UAPF). Chernov's materials have been published and aired by multiple news outlets worldwide, including CNN, BBC, The New York Times, Washington Post, and others. He has both won and been a finalist for prestigious awards, including the Livingston Award, Rory Peck Award and various Royal Television Society awards. Chernov has been wounded several times while working in conflict zones.

This is his exposé on Mariupol where he makes claims. The problem is there are contradictions (finding them and pointing them out often comes well after the fact), and he is supposedly an eye (literally with a lens) witness. In Mariupol he is contradicting the blogger, and she him.

I knew Russian forces would see the eastern port city of Mariupol as a strategic prize because of its location on the Sea of Azov. So on the evening of Feb. 23, I headed there with my long-time colleague Evgeniy Maloletka, a Ukrainian photographer for The Associated Press, in his white Volkswagen van.
[...]
We pulled into Mariupol at 3:30 a.m. The war started an hour later.

By this time I had witnessed deaths at the hospital, corpses in the streets, dozens of bodies shoved into a mass grave. I had seen so much death that I was filming almost without taking it in.

On March 9, twin airstrikes shredded the plastic taped over our van’s windows. I saw the fireball just a heartbeat before pain pierced my inner ear, my skin, my face.

We watched smoke rise from a maternity hospital. When we arrived, emergency workers were still pulling bloodied pregnant women from the ruins.

Our batteries were almost out of juice, and we had no connection to send the images. Curfew was minutes away. A police officer overheard us talking about how to get news of the hospital bombing out.

This will change the course of the war,” he said. He took us to a power source and an internet connection.

There is a lot more written by him on what he claims to have seen, along with photos. Are there more contradictions? Some might say that reading his story, his use of word with the photos that paint the picture, have elements to embellishing and triggering when looked at from other witnesses. Others might say that he is genuine in his representations through the lens and words used - often not at the scene and thousands of miles away.

Have found it interesting to look at photographers in any war that has the Wests fingerprints all over them: Serbia, Iraq, Syria, Libya et cetera. It is always interesting to see where the headlines lead above their photos and words, along with any associated contradictions that develop. Syria, especially, was full of contradictions that came from later exposure of photographers and journalist who aimed to deceive, or sometimes they don't try to deceive, it is the publishers, the usual MSM suspects, who use their work and massage and twist it, subtracting from their words and photos scenes used for maximum emotional western response (i.e. the White Helmets etc.).

Cyberattack Days Before Russian Invasion​

Days before Russia's invasion of Ukraine, China staged a huge cyberattack on Ukrainian military and nuclear facilities, according to intelligence memos obtained by The Times.

According to the report, over 600 defense ministry websites in Kiev, as well as other institutions, were hit by thousands of hacking attempts which were 'coordinated by the Chinese government,' according to Ukraine's security service, the SBU.

A source in the spy agency revealed that, in an apparent sign of complicity in the invasion, Chinese attacks started before the end of the Winter Olympics and peaked on February 23, the day before Russian troops and tanks crossed the border.
The SBU said China’s attacks sought to infiltrate targets ranging from border defence forces to the national bank and railway authority. They were designed to steal data and explore ways to shut down or disrupt vital defence and civilian infrastructure. -
The Times
The Times also reports that Russia attempted to hobble Ukraine's computer networks and government websites shortly before the invasion - however the 'fingerprints' left by this attempt were distinct from the Chinese attacks, according to the SBU.

Ukraine asks Turkey if Bayraktar UAV can ‘spray 20L of aerosol’​

SOFIA, ($1=1.76 Bulgarian Levs) — The Ukrainian company for the production of aircraft engines Motor-Sich has asked the manufacturer of the Turkish drones Bayraktar Akinci whether their drone [Bayraktar Akinci] is ‘equipped with a system/mechanism for spraying aerosol with a capacity of more than 20 liters?’ The information comes from the Bulgarian investigative journalist in the field of defense Dilyana Gaitandjieva and her post in Twitter, BulgarianMilitary.com has learned.

Ukraine-asks-Turkey-if-Bayraktar-TB2-UAV-can-spray-20L-of-aerosol.jpg

The journalist published a two-page document with questions from the Ukrainian producer – left and right side. The answers of the Turkish producer are on the right, in English. The document was signed by Mustafa Kosheoglu – coordinator and vice general manager of the Turkish manufacturer of Bayraktar Akinci Baykar.

Ukraine also asks whether Bayraktar Akinci is “capable of flying to distances of 300km?” As can be seen from the documents, the Turkish manufacturer answered both questions in the negative. The questions were asked by the Ukrainian senior contract engineer of Motor-Sich Vyacheslav Shuklin.

In her Twitter post, journalist Gaitandjieva recalled one of the claims of the Russian Ministry of Defense that “Bayraktars were planned to be adapted for spraying toxic substances over enemy territory.”

Back
Top Bottom