Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

It really is nothing nothing nothing and then suddenly.

Whenever I feel that impression inside myself, I always question it. To the casual observer, i.e., those who are not “paying attention to objective reality left and right”, that’s how things often seem, and even though sometimes things do just come out of the blue, most of the time, what seem to be large and surprising events have long preludes which could have been anticipated if we were paying enough attention and which make sense when placed into the larger context of how things tend to work in our reality.

In other words, it’s never just “nothing nothing nothing”, there’s an infinite amount of ‘somethings’; it’s just about how we learn to sort through those ‘somethings’ and figure out which ones we should be paying attention to.

I can see the transcript on the Kremlin site. It's not completed yet and so far it's mostly just background info that is well known. But there is a second transcript that was posted right after and it is complete. It's an Executive Order and doesn't say much but this line tells you what it's about:

The Executive Order provides for calling up citizens of the Russian Federation for service in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation as part of the mobilisation effort.

It's a partial mobilisation. I'll be posting the rest of Putin's address when it's available in the Kremlin thread.

Official figures of losses during the SVO. I see it for the first time
Shoigu: 5937 people have been killed in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation since the beginning of the SVO
The head of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation reported losses in the ranks of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation since the beginning of its.

Sergei Shoigu, as part of an appeal to the citizens of Russia, announced information about the losses in the ranks of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation since the beginning of its. According to the head of the Russian defense Ministry, the losses amount to 5937 people, while the losses in the ranks of the Ukrainian army are almost an order of magnitude greater – 61207 people.

Starting today, partial mobilization has been announced in Russia, during which 300 thousand people are planned to be called up for military service, which is about 1% of the real possibilities. Not all citizens will be subject to conscription, but only those citizens who are in reserve and, above all, those who have served in the ranks of the armed forces, have certain military accounting specialties and relevant experience, which was confirmed by both Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu and Russian leader Vladimir Putin.

It is not known exactly during what period the mobilization events will take place, however, the head of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation stressed that we are not talking about mass mobilization events – they will be carried out in accordance with existing plans.
Шойгу: в ВС РФ с начала СВО погибли 5937 человек

Официальные цифры потерь в ходе СВО. Я вижу впервые

So how quickly can those 300,000 additional troops be prepared for battle?
It is most likely already done, IMO. Russians seem to DO first and announce later. On the 24th Feb the military was already set to roll as the SMO was announced.

What does this big announcement mean in practice to actual events on the ground?
I would say part one of the SMO - the liberation of Donbass, along with a couple of extra willing territories of likeminded people. In addition, they get to take their gloves off for some less constrained moves to speed up de-militerization and whatever else they deem necessary.

Partial mobilisation, lots of people here called that correctly. It was pretty obvious to those paying attention. I think they are prepared - 800 aircraft ready for action along the border. They will need to be, if reports are correct that Ukraine is mobilising its own units from the Kiev and Odessa areas!

From Andrei Martyanov's blog:

"It was also confirmed that Kremlin refused to speak to Macron after his call to Moscow today (in Russian)--there is nothing to talk about with Europe. I am sure they are preparing new "package" of sanctions, like... like... not buying Russian... beer or something"

It is most likely already done, IMO. Russians seem to DO first and announce later. On the 24th Feb the military was already set to roll as the SMO was announced.

If the 300k mobilisation could be done covertly there would be no point in informing the population about it at all. For mobilisation is probably one of the last tools of the West to raise anti-mobilisation panic in Russia in a series of unsuccessful attempts at a Maidan in Moscow.

So how quickly can those 300,000 additional troops be prepared for battle?

It will not happen overnight. RU forces will be forming new units and this takes time.

What does this big announcement mean in practice to actual events on the ground?

That Russia could now go on the offensive again. Many strategists said the current numbers were not adequate to take and hold all of Ukraine. Not anymore.

I think they are prepared - 800 aircraft ready for action along the border.

Yes, real ''Shock and Awe'' is about to commence.

Moscow, all together, has now committed half a million troops.

What will Russia get after the referendum?

▫️Russia will add 5 to 6 million new citizens.

▫️In the future, when refugees begin to return, the total population of the new regions may grow to 8-9 million people.

The area of the liberated territories where the referendums will be held is about 113,000 square kilometers.

▫️In terms of area, this is larger than Bulgaria, Cuba or South Korea.

▫️The population is larger than Belgium, Belarus, Israel or Austria.

Russia has about 1 million active military personnel.
I think they'll be using the new reserves mostly as rear guard, while the professionals can probably start with operations pretty soon. This was just to allow them to add more resources to Ukraine while not jeopardising other potential fronts like Syria, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan and the far east.
We should be seeing things happening pretty soon.

Take a special note that Putin said that what he is referring to (including nuclear) is not a bluff. And I‘m pretty sure Putin isn’t bluffing either. Now, connect what he said there with the „apocalyptic“ statement Medvedev made a couple of days ago (see above).
Putin might be blunt enough to target primarily western headquarters (if needed) in any such scenario, instead of just focusing on the puppets like the Kiev regime: Trying to focus on the roots instead of just the leaves and branches.

The transcript of Putin's speech is up in English now:

I would like to remind those who make such statements regarding Russia that our country has different types of weapons as well, and some of them are more modern than the weapons NATO countries have. In the event of a threat to the territorial integrity of our country and to defend Russia and our people, we will certainly make use of all weapon systems available to us. This is not a bluff.

The citizens of Russia can rest assured that the territorial integrity of our Motherland, our independence and freedom will be defended – I repeat – by all the systems available to us. Those who are using nuclear blackmail against us should know that the wind rose can turn around.

It is our historical tradition and the destiny of our nation to stop those who are keen on global domination and threaten to split up and enslave our Motherland. Rest assured that we will do it this time as well.

And the wackos in the West will still think he's bluffing, probably...

Also, in case the obvious wasn’t clear yet. Should the regions vote for Russia (which is VERY likely, of course), and sooner or later become a part of russian soil, any attack and provocation on those lands will be considered an attack on Russia, legally and militarily. My guess is that Putin will again emphasize this point in a speech before and/or after those regions join, as another warning to the west, to wise up quickly.

Back
Top Bottom