The World's Fair

Oh! I didn't see this the first time around, it seem the famous statue for the World's Fair had a phrygian cap! The pictures have always been so small for me. This was a symbol I've kept track of as I see it.

www.yeodoug(dot)com/resources/dc_french/republic/dcfrench_republic.html

I was hoping to find another reference I saved relating to the World's Fair but I'm not able to find it. I'm about to go away on a trip so I'm not going to be able to follow up as I would like. Sorry for the noise.

About that, here is an article, translated with DeepL :

As a sidenote, take a look at here ;-)
Wasnt Mitterrand listed as a last "Grand prieur" in Plantard's list?

Long time since I read the book, cant remember exactly. Plus, I was something like 12-13.

Having listened to Mickoski I'm not sure what to think of the whole thing. Sure, and as the C's hinted, there's something fishy with these world fares. However, who says that these enormous structures could've not been built by using this 'staff' material? Mickoski says that its impropable because they would've been too weak to hold large crowds, or something. Maybe this page which describes how the 'White city' was build for the fare in Chicago 1893 is then just made up, or is it? On the other hand, even if these things were built with this 'staff' a number of logistical problems come to mind. So, maybe the most plausible explanation is, indeed, that these buildings were already there and that they mostly polished and built upon these existing things?

When the C's commented that "there were nefarious systems involved" with the World Fair events, and you brought up the White City in Chicago, I remembered that there is a book titled "The Devil in the White City" (I haven't read it myself). It is a
historical non-fiction book by Erik Larson presented in a novelistic style. Set in Chicago during the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition, it tells the story of World’s Fair architect Daniel Burnham and of H. H. Holmes, a criminal figure widely considered the first serial killer in the United States.

Allegedly, Holmes killed up to 200 people in his "Murder Castle", which he had specifically built for this purpose:

Historians believe Holmes, a masterful and charismatic con artist, had swindled money from his drugstore employers. He purchased an empty lot in the Englewood neighborhood of Chicago, and built a labyrinthine structure with shops on the first floor and small apartments above.

This edifice became known as Holmes’ booby-trapped Murder Castle. According to sensationalist reports, the space featured soundproof rooms, secret passages and a disorienting maze of hallways and staircases. The rooms were also allegedly outfitted with trapdoors over chutes that dropped Holmes’ unsuspecting victims to the building’s basement.

The basement, claims said, was a macabre facility of acid vats, pits of quicklime (often used on decaying corpses) and a crematorium, which the killer used to finish off his victims. All of these descriptions, however, were described by what were likely overly embellished or even fabricated news reports in the 1890s.

Sounds nefarious indeed!

Apparently the book has a long history of being in "development hell", as several efforts of turning it to a film version have failed, with the latest attempt being a TV miniseries with Keanu Reeves attached to star (as Burnham?): that too fell through.

Perhaps a movie/ TV series might bring some "unwanted" larger scale exposure to the World Fair phenomenon...?

Just for fun, I've continued digging a bit more on this. As I browsed semi-randomly the various fairs on this page that I posted earlier, I got the impression that one of the more strange exhibitions was the one in St. Louis in 1904. This fair is interesting also because there's some authentic(?) video footage available that shows just how enormous these buildings were, and how many. One of the most interesting videos was this one:

Just look at the size of those buildings! If those were all made out of staff you'd need to build a wooden construction to support them, right? You'd think that maybe those were just facades of buildings, like movie props? But when you watch the buildings in the video you see that they are whole buildings with roof and all. I have no idea how long building something like that using wood and staff would take.

From this page we learn that:
A commission of architects was created to tackle the design stage of the fairgrounds. Formed on June 27, 1901, they consisted of independent architects, landscape architects, the heads of six architectural firms and three advisors; this group was given the enormous task of the entire design and layout of the Fair.
and
By the end of 1903, most of the complex work was completed with the exception of the Cascades.
So, that means that all of those enormous buildings were done in ca 2 years and 5 months. Is this possible?

Interestingly, on the same page it is described how...
Ten days before opening day, St. Louis was hit by a snow storm, then a quick thaw. One Fair worker wrote home that people “were sinking to their ankles in the mud.”
Wonder if that snow storm and moisture had an impact on the buildings made out of staff?

The fair was open some 180 days, and after that everything was apparently demolished.
...on the Fair's opening day. On April 30, 1904...184 days later, David R. Francis addressed the thousands of people assembled to close down the Fair forever. The date was December 1, 1904;
All of the wood and staff-constructed buildings including staff statues and sculptures were demolished and buried in three landfills. The curious were charged a 25-cent admission fee to watch the demolition of the Fair. It took a hundred pounds of dynamite to bring down George Ferris' giant observation wheel. Nine years later, Forest Park resembled what it looked like before the great Fair's construction.

Okay, so let's say those were built with this staff material. Staff is described as (Wikipedia):
Staff is a kind of artificial stone used for covering and ornamenting temporary buildings. It is chiefly made of powdered gypsum or plaster of Paris, with a little cement, glycerin, and dextrin, mixed with water until it is about as thick as molasses. When staff is cast in molds, it can form any shape. To strengthen it, coarse cloth or bagging, or fibers of hemp or jute, are put into the molds before casting. It becomes hard enough in about a half-hour to be removed and fastened on the building in construction. Staff may easily be bent, sawed, bored, or nailed. Its natural color is murky white, but it may be made to resemble any kind of stone. Staff was invented in France in about 1876 and was used in the construction and ornamentation of the buildings of the Paris Expositions of 1878 and of 1889. It was also largely used in the construction of the buildings of the World's Columbian Exposition at Chicago in 1893, at the Omaha and Buffalo Expositions in 1898 and 1901, at the Louisiana Purchase Exposition in 1904, and at later expositions, and on temporary buildings of other kinds.
I have no idea how durable or strong this staff material is. Would it soften in rain, for example?

Just for fun, I've continued digging a bit more on this. As I browsed semi-randomly the various fairs on this page that I posted earlier, I got the impression that one of the more strange exhibitions was the one in St. Louis in 1904. This fair is interesting also because there's some authentic(?) video footage available that shows just how enormous these buildings were, and how many. One of the most interesting videos was this one:

Just look at the size of those buildings! If those were all made out of staff you'd need to build a wooden construction to support them, right? You'd think that maybe those were just facades of buildings, like movie props? But when you watch the buildings in the video you see that they are whole buildings with roof and all. I have no idea how long building something like that using wood and staff would take.

From this page we learn that:

and

So, that means that all of those enormous buildings were done in ca 2 years and 5 months. Is this possible?

Interestingly, on the same page it is described how...

Wonder if that snow storm and moisture had an impact on the buildings made out of staff?

The fair was open some 180 days, and after that everything was apparently demolished.

Okay, so let's say those were built with this staff material. Staff is described as (Wikipedia):

I have no idea how durable or strong this staff material is. Would it soften in rain, for example?
Super great! I am going to try the recipe to make moulds for my cement cladding diy project. I love this ' low-tech' stuff!

Back to square one. Detective work is in order. Leave pre-conceptions at the door without drawing any conclusions too hastily:

"(L) Wow. Okay. Did some of these massive structures exist prior to the expositions?
A: Partly and expanded."

So, some of the massive structures already existed (!) and what could that imply? who built them and why - what were their real purposes? I am just posing these questions rhetorically - I am not looking for answers just yet - not to jump to speculation, but to compile the clues and evidence to come up with the hypotheses later. Most all the videos analyzing the fairs are laden with conjecture. That doesn't mean the conjectures are invalid but those ideas get in the way of looking at this phenomenon with fresh eyes. Just because somebody mentions tartaria doesn't mean there is no point in looking at or considering the anomalies - it doesn't mean anything. I think you just have to overlook that and look at what is being presented and then try to reverse engineer some kind of better questions about it.

"Q: (LQB) Were these expositions used to program the masses and impose false history?
A: Not exactly as the question is composed, but yes, there were nefarious systems involved. This topic could be more carefully analyzed for clues.

Well OK. So yeah, better questions after carefully looking. But "nefarious systems"?! Interesting indeed!

One last caveat is that the fairs do not exist in a vacuum. There are other bizarre narratives and facts that go hand in hand during the same time period. (Incubator babies?! Orphan Trains?! The great fires) I am pretty convinced that the standard narrative which applies to so many of these fairs is full of holes but I sure don't know what to fill those holes up with yet. I am thinking the first thing is just to look at the standard narratives and see what holds water and what doesn't. Look at the visual evidence with fresh eyes.
If all this ties into the years old mud flood thread videos and posts, I think I'll have a hearty chuckle with a big cup of tea.

To be absolutely clear:

Nefarious
comes from the Latin adjective nefarius and the Latin noun nefas, which means "crime." Nefas is a combination of ne-("not") and fas, meaning "right" or "divine law."

NEFARIOUS suggests flagrant breaching of time-honored laws and traditions of conduct.

nefarious

nə-fâr′ē-əs

adjective​

1. Infamous by way of being extremely wicked.
  2. Wicked in the extreme; abominable; iniquitous; atrociously villainous; execrable; detestably vile.
  3. infamous for being wicked
Also interesting that systems was pluralized

I don’t think the C’s would use a word like nefarious lightly. One system can be complex enough but to refer to multiple systems that are probably interwoven and also call them collectively or separately nefarious is worth a major Spockian eyebrow raise, IMO. And gets a priority upgrade, I think.

I’ve done a lot of looking at this stuff and it’s baffling, but such a fun puzzle. Why is it major? If the past 200-300 years can’t be historically nailed down, it makes the history of thousands of years ago, while also a fascinating challenge to figure out, seem almost like a distraction to me at times. So, I’m SO thankful the topic was brought up and asked and that the C’s have acknowledged that: it is indeed “a thing”

I don’t think the C’s would use a word like nefarious lightly. One system can be complex enough but to refer to multiple systems that are probably interwoven and also call them collectively or separately nefarious is worth a major Spockian eyebrow raise, IMO. And gets a priority upgrade, I think.
I really liked your above description BHelmet. I really feel that there is something to all this. Starting with the 1840's Europe was struggling with food shortages hence the drifting to America. I think the STS 4D was in overdrive then as now. The West ruled the waves and owned the slaves and people were hungry. Also the Industrial Revolution not exactly waning but greed needs more money. So what's to do ? What the STS love doing....distract people BUT that's not enough. There has to be a pay-off. Build some grandiose breath taking edifice and attract the latest and best minds and their inventions etc and especially having all that cheap labour at hand. Naturally anyone with a wonderful idea would want to show off his latest creation.

You have them all under one roof so you can pick and choose. You give funding to those you like or steal the patent, as has always happened and keep the losers on a shoestring until needed if not entirely killed off..Tesla fits this category. Cheap labour to build and demolish as you don't want these wonderful palaces giving the natives any ideas.

You have the money, power and now you've got a new toy to play with and make more money. These were people like the Robber Barons who always come up on top. That, I think, was the sole purpose of these Fairs.

Tuatha de Danaan, when I looked up the actual definition of nefarious, I was like “whoa!” I didn’t realize it was such an extremely strong term.

So it sounds like a major violation went down. (Of free will? Natural law? Cosmic laws? Did it involve some timeline reset? A collective mind wipe? But it’s premature to guess and hard to sidestep and ignore the guesses that have already been made but I think that’s what needs to be done to come up with better questions about it.) Was this nefariousness prior to the fairs? At the same time? The fairs were scattered throughout the western world including South America. I was surprised to see them in Peru and Brasil.

One of the things that makes no sense to me are the quoted attendance figures being so massive. But who, in this time of the Industrial Revolution, had time or could afford to go to these things?There could not have been the hotel space to accommodate millions of visitors in a 6-10 month period. Interestingly most of the photos show people dressed quite well in attendance. The logistics of feeding 20 million visitors would also be staggering. So many pieces that just don’t fit, IMO. 20 million is like 100k a day if evenly dispersed. (I’m not a math whiz so I might be off). If you’ve ever been to a packed stadium, that’s a lot of folks and I just don’t see those numbers in the photos.

Back to the drawing board.

Curiously, I was only reading about this reconstruction of the Parthenon in Nashville recently. It is in fact a full scale replica of the original in Athens complete with a replica of the Athena Parthenos statue (erected though in 1990) that stood in the original Parthenon. Originally built of plaster, wood, and brick, the Nashville Parthenon was not intended to be permanent, but the cost of demolishing the structure combined with its popularity with residents and visitors alike resulted in it being left standing after the exposition.​

375px-Parthenon_Nashville.png

329px-Athena_Parthenos_LeQuire.jpg

The statue of Athena Parthenos is a reconstruction, to careful scholarly standards, of the long-lost original: she is cuirassed and helmeted, carries a shield on her left arm, a 6-foot-high (1.8 m) statue of Nike (Victory) in her right palm, and stands 42 feet (13 m) high, gilt with more than 8 pounds (3.6 kg) of gold leaf; an equally colossal serpent rears its head between her and her shield.​
Mention of the Parthenon makes me think of the enigmatic statement the C's made about the building in the session dated 16 August 1997:

Q: What is behind the little door in the Southern Shaft [of the Great Pyramid]?

A: Secrets of the Parthenon.

Q: What are the secrets of the Parthenon?

A: You will see.

Q: How will I see?

A: With your mind's eye.

This last point may relate to earlier comments in that session the C's had made about the Queen's Chamber and what is evidently hyperdimensional physics put into application within the Great Pyramid:
Q: That's the truth! Okay, we have this Orion Mystery book. It seems to have quite a bit of discussion on the shafts that hint at something you mentioned a long time ago. They say that the fellows who originally measured the shafts were in error and their measurements are accurate now. But, you mentioned that the shafts change position, so the previous, as well as the current measurements could BOTH be correct. Is that so?

A: Ultrasound reading showed inner chambers change in position.

Q: What were the functions of the so-called air shafts of these chambers. It seems that the southern shaft of the Queen's chamber orients to Sirius, and the southern shaft of the King's chamber orients to Orion, but only at certain times. What was the function of the orientation to these stars?

A: Stand within airshaft of the queen's chamber, and you shall not age.

Q: You can't do that... they are only about 22 cm square. And, the queen's chamber air shaft does not even open to the outside. And, up in this shaft, they have discovered a little door which has not, to my knowledge, been opened yet. Nevertheless, one could not stand in these shafts.

A: Why not?

Q: Because they are only 22 cm square!

A: You are allowing third density supposition to creep in.

If we relate this last statement and the earlier one relating to using "your mind's eye" to the Parthenon, then it begs the question whether there is something special about its design, which may link with hyperdimensional attributes such as those built into the Great Pyramid?

The Parthenon is built on a the great limestone rock, whereas the Great Pyramid is primarily built of limestone. It was not the first temple to have been constructed at the site for it had long been regarded a sacred place well before the Minoan and Mycenaean cultures that gave rise to the archaic Greek civilisation of the classical period. It was the Athenian leader Pericles who initiated the construction of the present standing temple of Athena in 447 BC after the destruction of two earlier temples dedicated to Athena by the Persians. Built by the architects Ictinus and Callicrates under the supervision of the sculptor Phidias, the temple is generally considered to be the culmination of the development of the Doric order, the simplest of the three classical Greek architectural styles.It was the supreme expression of the ancient Greek architectural genius and represents the marriage of simplicity and power. The key fact to take away though is that the Parthenon was built to extremely precise dimensions according to the mathematical ratios of sacred geometry.
59e8c2bb6f5edbc19fca45f42f290244.jpg

The same fact is true of the Great Pyramid and Stonehenge as well and a myriad of other ancient buildings and sacred sites. For the Greeks, it was Pythagoras and his followers who first highlighted the relationship between sacred geometry and the mathematical order inherent in material creation that was reflected right through nature, as well as in music (leading to his concept of the 'music of the spheres'). However, it is Euclid who is viewed today as the father of Greek geometry, although it is Plato that the Platonic solids are named after. To understand what the C's may be driving at above, I would quote the following useful summation of sacred geometry from a source I found recently:
Sacred geometry charts the unfolding of number in space. The basic journey is from the single point, into the line, out to the plane, through to the third dimension and beyond, eventually returning to the point again, watching what happens on the way.

Number, music, geometry, and cosmology or the four great liberal arts of the ancient world. These are simple universal languages, as relevant today as they have always been, and still found in all known sciences and cultures without disagreement. Indeed one would expect any reasonable, intelligent, three dimensional being anywhere in the universe to know about them.

Geometry is nothing more than the simple basic shapes we know as a circle, a triangle, a square, a sphere, a tetrahedron and a cube, moving all the way through each and every dimension. These are what composes everything in our universe.

The five elements are represented with geometric shapes, these are known as the Platonic solids. The tetrahedron is fire. The octahedron represents air. The cube is Earth. The icosahedron is water. Finally the dodecahedron is the mysterious fifth element of aether.

main-qimg-1d96514004fa13e0d2b0276d8ce35da2.webp

This merely scratches the surface. The most beautiful thing about sacred geometry, is the world of beautiful things that you can discover when you seek to know more of the keys that it holds.

I realize that I've never seen or heard an explanation as to why the Platonic solids are said correspond with these elemental forces. Are there any materials on the subject that you can recommend?

Back to square one. Detective work is in order. Leave pre-conceptions at the door without drawing any conclusions too hastily:

"(L) Wow. Okay. Did some of these massive structures exist prior to the expositions?
A: Partly and expanded."

So, some of the massive structures already existed (!) and what could that imply? who built them and why - what were their real purposes? I am just posing these questions rhetorically - I am not looking for answers just yet - not to jump to speculation, but to compile the clues and evidence to come up with the hypotheses later. Most all the videos analyzing the fairs are laden with conjecture. That doesn't mean the conjectures are invalid but those ideas get in the way of looking at this phenomenon with fresh eyes. Just because somebody mentions tartaria doesn't mean there is no point in looking at or considering the anomalies - it doesn't mean anything. I think you just have to overlook that and look at what is being presented and then try to reverse engineer some kind of better questions about it.

"Q: (LQB) Were these expositions used to program the masses and impose false history?
A: Not exactly as the question is composed, but yes, there were nefarious systems involved. This topic could be more carefully analyzed for clues.

Well OK. So yeah, better questions after carefully looking. But "nefarious systems"?! Interesting indeed!

One last caveat is that the fairs do not exist in a vacuum. There are other bizarre narratives and facts that go hand in hand during the same time period. (Incubator babies?! Orphan Trains?! The great fires) I am pretty convinced that the standard narrative which applies to so many of these fairs is full of holes but I sure don't know what to fill those holes up with yet. I am thinking the first thing is just to look at the standard narratives and see what holds water and what doesn't. Look at the visual evidence with fresh eyes.
I watched those video of secret history and Mickoski's and thought they were very interesting. I find it striking is his mention of many US cities burned in 18th century. Probably there cosmic rocks burned the cities. If we look at the current day untouchable subjects, those are UFO's and cosmic periodic destructions and their history. Some comments:
  1. There are large building before 19th century fairs: this theme seems to occur all over the world, triggering conspiracy theories. There can be many other technologies which are not free energy, but some techniques like Egyptian Pyramid fork type tools C's mentioned. Similar structures exist in other places whose dates goes back 1500 years ( ex: some temples with complex architecture). If ancients made them doesn't mean they are happy peaceful, god like capability etc. It may means they has some tools which we didn't have now.
  2. If the cosmic events destroyed some places, These fairs gives a unique chance to reset and to create clean slate with elite as guardians.
  3. These expo's inspired and created narrations of History we are fed to during the last century.
4. This reminded me of C's comment of current technology is years150 years advanced. 25-january-1997
Q: (Terry) You don't have to. He has to be aware of it on his own, and from what you've already told us, he's aware. The scientology thing has to have really blown him away... where would that come from?

A: Assumptions. Awareness needs to be increased. And, we must tell you that "secret world government" technologies are approximately 150 years in advance of anything that you have access to.
5. C's comment about Rothschild 17-august-2003
Q: (Perceval) Is Montalk an agent similar to Vincent Bridges?

A: Now, that is an interesting question indeed! Plug in the program and let them pop.

Q: (A) I still want to know who or what is setting or popping these programs?

A: Remember Carissas' story? It points to the source. Aided by 4D influences of course.

Q: (L) Wow, that rhymes! (S) So is Mossad part of that?

A: Mossad is near the apex of the 3D consortium. The lines blur at that level.

Q: (Perceval) What's the relationship between the Mossad and the Rothschilds?

A: Mossad is a "brainchild."

{Laughter at the joke - "Rothschild" "Brainchild" - Discussion mainly Perceval) wondering whether the Rothschilds are part of the apex or if they are just useful idiots that are going to be double-crossed also. C's break in as Laura is not understanding Perceval's question.}

A: The lines blur. Rothchilds are similar in a smaller way to Sargon. Deep level punctuator.

Q:
(L) What is a deep level punctuator?

A: One who emerges from seeming obscurity to "make a mark" on history. Don't you wonder where they come from. Think "deep."

Q: As in underground bases?

A: Well, what a concept!
6. The technology of underground race ( nation of third eye - psychic abilities) is advanced based on many sources, . Most probably they looks similar to us, divided across STO and STS. If we consider Rothschild are top of the 3D and behind all these( History rewriting, control through central banks, CIA , eliminating any body who ever violates their script ( like Tesla) etc.) , It is rather easy for them to design, plan the project in advance, create it with their tools ( some thing like 3D printers which Chinese use it now a days to create bridges etc.), come or psychically project on to right 3D folks, do the job and move on. The narrations (or documentation) like how long does it took to build and how many people visited etc. can be adjusted according to the need.

7. Why do they need RESET?

We all aware that ultimate aim of all this is "needs" of the man on the top of the chain (4D STS) for their survival of their race after transition at the expense of 3D human and coopting the free will of 3D. It looks hiding the history, cosmic periodic repeated cataclysms seems to play big role. They have no control over those rocky visitors from different dimension who seems to mess around 4D designs forcing them to "reset".

8. Mystery of moving 50,000 orphans is interesting. May be they were brought here and trained and allowed to go to mix with population on the surface or moved underground or combination of it ( just like what happens in Wars)

May be, these "Fairs" served all those purposes:
  • hiding city burnings,
  • temporarily converting the large Greek-Roman architectures to Fairs and destroying them to erase any challenge to the narration they want to set.
  • Presenting technologies of the future as a proto- types, setting the direction of the future through businessmen who take it to the public.
  • Rewriting the history by influencing intellectual class through education control and museums and so on.

About that, here is an article, translated with DeepL :

The mysterious works of Mitterrand

"I feel in communication with the telluric forces of what was the whole history of France. Nothing separates me from it, and this is how I will end up". In 1981, Mitterrand announced the start of his "great works". Monuments today emblematic of the capital, and imbued with mystery. What story did the man nicknamed "The Elysian Sphinx" want to tell?

Only four months after his arrival at the Elysée Palace, François Mitterrand announced the beginnings of a pharaonic undertaking: the "Great Works", among which would be the Louvre Pyramid, the Grande Arche de la Défense, the Très Grande Bibliothèque, the Buren Columns, the Bastille Opera House...

Interesting article revolving François Mitterrand

Wow - I had not the slightest idea. But let me therefore, side-step for a moment from the main thread:

Coincidentally, only two days ago, i read about an interview in the alternative media SwebbTV in Sweden, in the series called "The fourth Estate", where a woman - Chris Forsne - was interviewed - formerly working as a journalist at the Swedish Television, now speaking about the vast changes in Sweden, the idiocy of Swedish politicians, the ill-fated effects from the immigration in Sweden as a nation, a comparison to France in general, and the whereabouts and twists of Swedish Media and TV lately.

So, when i searched for her name on the internet, an article at Aftonbladet came along - in which she had for the first time, revealed that she was the former lover of Mitterand.

It could in some ways shed some light about the person Mitterand and his ways and projects in France, through his love to the woman, which might have influenced him in ways - which looked like for him to stay sane.

Here is the translation:

"I was the love of his life"

By: Lisa Röstlund • published [in Aftonbladet, Sweden] : 14 August 2012

_-2023-04-17-at-05.56.24.jpg

Swedish Chris tells for the first time about his forbidden love affair with Mitterrand.

She: Swedish journalist.
He: President of France.

Chris Forsne, 64, tells Aftonbladet for the first time about his 15-year long forbidden love affair with François Mitterrand.
- "He said over and over again that I was the love of his life," she says.

It started with an argument.

The year was 1979 and the place was Bommersvik outside Södertälje, where the giants of the European labour movement were holding a conference. Chris Forsne was introduced by Olof Palme to the then 63-year-old French Socialist Party leader, who had not yet become president.
She was given an interview.

- We got into Palestine. He was pro-Israel. We immediately started arguing and probably went on for two hours. When we were saying goodbye, he said that if I ever came to Paris, we would have to have lunch.

Was married with two children

It was already clear that Chris Forsne would be a correspondent in Paris after the Swedish election, as she told me.
- Then he said: "Do you only talk politics, mademoiselle? Don't you love life?".
That last sentence became the title of her acclaimed biography of François Mitterrand, published after his death in 1996, in which Forsne describes him as "a close friend".

She is currently working on her first novel, Our Man in the World, which centres on a protagonist inspired by Carl Bildt, where the French President Leo is actually Mitterrand.

Mitterrand was married since 1944 to Danielle Gouze, with whom he had two sons. He had a daughter with his mistress Anne Pingeot in 1974. The international press has speculated about his relationship with the Swedish journalist.

Found out the number

Chris Forsne no longer has any reason to hold anything back, she says, even though, with her hands over her mouth, she retracts a host of anecdotes bursting with big politics and romance, immediately after revealing them. "No. It's not possible! It's not publishable!".
Here's what she can tell you, though:

- "At 8 o'clock on a Sunday morning in July 1980 the phone rang at my house, when I was still living in Sweden. It was him. He had found out my number.

- He said again and again, right from the start, that I was the love of his life. He was the one who courted me and he didn't give up.
She also felt a strong personal chemistry.

- 'Sometimes you come across people with whom you get along very well. You have the same outlook on life. He was not president when we met. Even though he was a party leader, he was a person I got to know.

Discussing crayfish

After the first dinner in Paris, the relationship began.
- There was also love on my part. It was all about the little things. We talked about how crayfish should be cooked. "What's better, raspberry or gooseberry jam?" He wanted to take me to a farm in Charente to eat extra-salted butter, which he loved. He wanted to hear me talk about morning walks down to the sea.

On the morning of the presidential election in May 1981, Forsne says Mitterrand called.
- 'He was in his bed and I was in mine, on different sides. We talked for 20 minutes and he joked: "I guess I'll be retired tonight".

But he won. The next morning he called again.
- He asked where I had been. He had tried to get hold of me. But I was busy with work reporting his victory all evening.

Sneaking out of the garden

- The circle of people around people in his position become adoring yes-men. I was the only one around him who wasn't dependent on him, who wasn't part of the French hierarchy. I spoke my mind, and I think he needed me as a window to normality.

Mitterrand shared with her his sense of unreality about the office. When, soon after taking office, the World Bank announced that the franc was under attack and the government asked him how France would respond, he called Chris:

- "How do they expect me to know?" he asked.

She recalls a security gate that happened to be open during one of the couple's walks in the garden of the Elysée Palace.
- We slipped out when the security guards weren't looking, and ran out into the city. We dreamed of being able to live like everyone else. Today, people are different everywhere. But back then it was not the same.

Saving his voice

Forsne recalls that it all took place before the age of mobile phones.

- "For 15 years he called me daily and we met about three times a week, either at his home or mine. With all his travelling, there was a lot of waiting. I have hours of cassette tapes with recorded messages from him on my answering machine. "Hello, it's me again". I've wanted to save his voice.
She was torn between her feelings for him and her view of herself.

- "I was building my career as a journalist and knew the gossip among my colleagues. I was struggling with my journalistic integrity. How could I cover him and his politics? But I haven't gained anything professionally from our relationship, quite the opposite.

- What I gained was an insight into the political world - how the game at this level works.

The wife knew

The President took Chris as his private entourage on several official state visits to Africa, South America and India.

- His wife had found out that I was going to the Congo, so she stayed home. At the airport they welcomed us with 'Mama & Papa Mitterrand' banners. Mobutu was furious that his wife didn't show up.

Reporter: What was your relationship with his wife like?

- We saw each other from time to time. It was desensitised, you could say. She was fully aware of us. His marriage was lousy. She was a naive left-wing activist who flew around in Concorde planes and handed out Evian bottles to earthquake victims. She did the ground service, that's all.

Reporter: In 1988 you gave birth to a son. Is Mitterrand his father?
- I am willing to talk about my relationship with François Mitterrand. I don't involve other people who are close to me.

The age difference of 32 years became more and more apparent as time went on. Towards the end, the President was so ill with cancer that his health care prevented them from seeing each other.

Couldn't see each other

- I moved back to Sweden in his last year. Just before he died, I called him and asked if he wanted me to come. He did. But his secretary prevented me from getting in to see him. I don't know if he ever learnt that I was trying to reach him. The idea that he might have thought I was abandoning him is horrible.

At the funeral, television images were broadcast of the wife grieving alongside her lover. Chris Forsne followed the ceremony from Sweden.
- Because his daughter had gone public, they brought in the other woman, even though their relationship was long over. But they couldn't "bring in another one". The fact that those two women he didn't love were sitting there was the worst thing. It was such hypocrisy. It was very, very heavy.

Reporter: Would you have liked to have been able to grieve openly?

- No, not with those people. But I still haven't finished grieving.

"A great sorrow"

Reporter: Would you have liked him to be an "ordinary" man?

- Of course it is a sadness that we could never live together. It is both a happy and unhappy love. But no. If he had been an ordinary man, he would not have been who he was.

About the aggravating circumstances that made their relationship an impossible Romeo and Juliet story, she says:

- Maybe that's what made it last so long.

Reporter: Was he passionate?

- We stop there, she laughs, but adds:
- "When you get so little time together, you have to make the most of what you have.

Facts: François Mitterrand

• Former French President François Mitterrand was born on 26 October 1916 and died on 8 January 1996 at the age of 79. Mitterrand is described as France's second most important statesman after World War II, after Charles de Gaulle.

• The trained lawyer crowned his political career when he served as president from 1981-95. He was a prisoner of war in Germany during World War II.

Source: NE

Interesting topic...another crazy conspiracy theory? Makes one curious to know more.

The book by Mickoski is apparently this one:

Exposing The Expositions 1851-1915: Ancient Rome in America?: 9788269126617: Amazon.com: Books

Couldn't find an electronic/Kindle version of it.

ADDED: apparently there's a revised version of the book from 2021 that is also a bit cheaper. BUT this edition apparently doesn't include any photographs, only weblinks to them (pretty unconvenient in a paper book):

I found the revised version of the Book "Exposing the Expositions 1851-1915" by Howdie Mickoski as an english pocket book at Swedish AdLibris for anyone who is interested. It costs 139 kr, which is equivalent to 12 € - which is cheaper than at Amazon for 191 kr (while the old version with images, in the German Amazon is forbidden expensive, something like 155 €).

I must say, this thread about The World's Fairs is super interesting, and so puzzling. And it does indeed raise a lot of questions, especially those Fairs that took place in America. I watched the Stolen History videos all at once - bang. So fascinating it was what was shown and proposed there.

Wasn't there a curious phenomena with very old - strange - images, with dressed up women and children (orphans) placed in cabbage heads? What was that all about ? Does that have anything to do with the many orphans around that time more than 100+ years ago ? (Actually I can't remember the exact time frame of those images, whether it was 140, 120 or 100 years ago.)

In Sweden, especially in Stockholm, we had also World Fairs - and i scrutinized... I don't know how many images i could find... but it appears to me, that those were far off the grandeur shown in America. What appeared to be a building, was mere cheap, kind of tacky made stuff - nothing that appeared to have been existent from old times, really. But that was just my personal impression.

Stockholm World Fair 1897

38a091bf49377514ecbc53de16fb5e7d-1296493278.jpeg
74ac44e473761d83b2ffc30c0e0252ad-2048862506.jpeg 3111010166_7f07a6ea46_z-2643366196.jpeg

Last edited:
In a podcast with Mickoski that I Iistened to today he mentioned a website that has listed 'every posible internet resource available' of all the world fairs. With a little diggint I found it, and oh man...there are, indeed, a lot of links that one can follow on that page!

The page is this one:
Jon Paul Sank's World's Fairs Page

I only scratched the surface by following a couple of links.

Having listened to Mickoski I'm not sure what to think of the whole thing. Sure, and as the C's hinted, there's something fishy with these world fares. However, who says that these enormous structures could've not been built by using this 'staff' material? Mickoski says that its impropable because they would've been too weak to hold large crowds, or something. Maybe this page which describes how the 'White city' was build for the fare in Chicago 1893 is then just made up, or is it? On the other hand, even if these things were built with this 'staff' a number of logistical problems come to mind. So, maybe the most plausible explanation is, indeed, that these buildings were already there and that they mostly polished and built upon these existing things?

I have to say that Mickoski gives me the impression of someone who comes up with a pretty interesting initial 'conspiracy theory' (though I'm not sure he's the first one to come up with it) who then runs with it and 'applies' it to pretty much everything...everything we know is a conspiracy!

I think one of the main issues is just what "existing" structures were added onto that C's refer to. If there were "Roman"-like, "Tatarian" or Atlantean structures left over and intact enough to be useful, there would be reports on them before the fairs were built.

Chicago burned to the ground in 1871. The Columbian Exhibition started building only 20 years later. The entire city of Chicago was re-built in that short period. So I don't buy any of the "where did they get the materials, skill from and the man power from". In terms of vision, technology, engineering and sheer aesthetic beauty of the fair and Chicago at that time in general, look no further that the Wiki page for Louis Sullivan. It is hard to believe how quickly advancements were made, but it did happen. Part of the reason we may find it difficult to believe is that all those amazing structures were torn down and replaced with architectural monstrosities

Also the land the Fair was built on (600 acres of Frederick Law Olmsted's Jackson Park) was developed before (1853) and after the fire - it was a well known area with a major railway running through it. I don't think ancient ruins made of masonry would be hiding there for decades before the Expo was built.

I think there's two angles that may clear up some of the controversial questions.

1. Where the Expos were built - are there street maps and or photos existing before construction started? If so are there anomalies on those maps or photos. To the best of my knowledge most if not all the U.S. cities mentioned would have this info dating back to at least the 1850's. I find it really difficult to believe that large "mystery structures" are hiding in plain view in dense urban areas before being incorporated into worldwide expos and they're never mentioned for decades.

2. Odd masonry structures (some massive) are anomalous and do exist throughout North America. Jim Viera (you might remember him from Giants on Record) is a stone mason from Mass. and has studied dozens of out of place man-made stone structures throughout the U.S.A.

This is an excellent video he did 3 years ago. If anyone's not familiar with the mounds/megalith styles that do exist in North America this is a good way to get the basics.

Another point Jim makes which I think is very relevant to this thread, is that mound complexes, stone structures and large earthworks are reported by the earliest settlers and explorers (because they're sitting abandoned in the wilderness) when they find them. It's big news and very exciting at the time.

The works are then gradually either repurposed for farm and local buildings, looted or ploughed over. His main way of reconstructing this "lost" past is through the earliest local newspapers, antiquarian journals and the Smithsonian records - of which there are hundreds, if not thousands of pages.

As much as I want there to be lost Atlantean structures hiding or suppressed that may look like a Grand Exposition or even inspired them, I've never seen any evidence structures remotely close to that. I think that the Younger Dryas impacts pulverized North America into oblivion and it truly was made into a New World. From that destruction until the arrival of the Europeans, the only really impressive structure "abandoned" but intact is Chaco Canyon that I can find.

I really do hope some Atlantean structures pop up, but most of the videos on the Tataria, Mud Flood, Lost Expo theme completely ignore the thousands of structures that do exist and are not fully dateable or explained. That's a red flag for me.

site_0353_0001-1200-630-20151105163533.jpg

Back
Top Bottom