Ice Age Preparation ?

Well to be honest I am certainly ready to accept death if that is my fate, these last few years have been heavily demoralizing and I am sure people on here can relate when I say that this reality leaves so much to long for as it is so limiting.

My assumption is that closer to the equator means less effected by the cooling, but I am no expert on this so I could be wrong. I think the last grand solar minimum left the world several degrees cooler than normal for however long and that lead to famine, something of that magnitude in the modern world I think would certainly create a chaotic environment, especially in heavily populated cities.

I dont know, I just feel like if I know whats coming, perhaps I should take some action to prepare for these events. I am flirting with the idea of getting a vehicle that I can store some survival gear in so that if it does come down to it I will be mobile and at least have the means to survive for a little while.. I really dont know.

We are seeing record breaking snow falls this year already and a lot of places around the world are reporting an "early winter", so I really think this will ferment in at least the next 5-10 years, perhaps sooner.

I am filled with regret for not having the financial means to fulfill one of my goals in life, which was to own some land in a rural area and create somewhat of a sanctuary to fall back on.

The reason I am inquiring about other people on this forum is perhaps in the near future there can be some attempt at creating one of these compounds in a place that is suitable so that members of the forum can combine their skills and resources so we have a fighting chance, I know there is nobody in my life that would even believe the idea of an ice age, perhaps that will change soon.

There are several of us in the Vancouver area in situations similar to what you've described. It always comes back to a couple of things the C's have said - I don't have the exact quotes from the transcripts - but "you will do what you will do" and "it's not where you are but who you are and what you see". Physical survival is a 3D perspective and we are in 3D bodies. So that being said, preserving food is always a good choice, neither a waste of time or resources, investing in warm(er) clothing, Working on ourselves, continuing to do what is in front of us to do, feeling gratitude for the lessons, and laughter whenever possible. And yes, the cost of any form of real estate, even a piece of raw land, is only for the very wealthy in this particular neck of the woods.

Обдумывая идею перемещения надо иметь ввиду возможное смещение полюсов. Процесс, собственно, уже происходит, но вот во что это выльется для конкретных территорий сказать невозможно. Так что вы возможно и так окажетесь в тропиках без всяких перемещений. На мой взгляд гораздо важнее подготовка внутренняя.

Translation
When thinking about the idea of moving it is necessary to keep in mind the possible displacement of the poles. The process, in fact, is already happening, but it is impossible to say what it will result in for specific territories. So you may find yourself in the tropics without any movements. In my opinion, internal preparation is much more important.

I think Canada is a good place because you are prepared, as a country, to very low temperatures. I was thinking to return to Canada but I think it is impossible because my husband does not want to leave here, (Canary islands) because of the good weather. He is not aware of the coming of the Ice Age. In fact around me apart Hesperides I know nobody who is aware of the Ice Age that is coming and so soon that is really a little scary. But it is interesting to see how things are going, how the information we have here and at Sott.net is right, and now how important is to continue to work on ourselves as much as possible. Also as Bluefyre is saying, laugh every day, continue to do learn and be informed. Be grateful for this present, the people here, the books that are waiting to be read, our dogs and cats that are with us, our husbands, our friends. To be alive in these terrible times is a gift.

I think Canada is a good place because you are prepared, as a country, to very low temperatures. I was thinking to return to Canada but I think it is impossible because my husband does not want to leave here, (Canary islands) because of the good weather. He is not aware of the coming of the Ice Age. In fact around me apart Hesperides I know nobody who is aware of the Ice Age that is coming and so soon that is really a little scary. But it is interesting to see how things are going, how the information we have here and at Sott.net is right, and now how important is to continue to work on ourselves as much as possible. Also as Bluefyre is saying, laugh every day, continue to do learn and be informed. Be grateful for this present, the people here, the books that are waiting to be read, our dogs and cats that are with us, our husbands, our friends. To be alive in these terrible times is a gift.

Canada is better prepared, true. But in the end, a lot of its preparedness depends on energy - gas, electricity, fuel. And if we're talking about an ice age, the infrastructure that supplies the energy will very soon collapse, leaving people in a just as bad or worse situation as other places along the same latitude. Think about what happens every time there's a storm: there are blackouts, roads blocked, shortages, etc. Now imagine if this is a prolonged situation. So, at the very beginning, Canada will probably do better than, say, the UK, but soon enough it will be equally catastrophic.

I think it would be very helpful for everyone to read "A Cold Welcome" which cites actual eye-witness accounts of the Little Ice Age in the Americas from Canada down to South America. If you have some real idea of what you may be facing, and why (lot of discussion of how and why weather does things in certain places), you are much better prepared to prepare!

Secondly, one of the reasons we created our religious organization was so that we would be in a position to aid our members when the poo hits the fan. We have been working on helping people to meet each other in real life so as to be able to possibly form networks in their home areas; to pass on needed skills and information; and we have been experimenting with religious visas for members to be able to relocate out of areas that are problematical. Right now, everything is still in a somewhat casual stage of activity, and will remain so as long as things are relatively stable, but we are watching and getting foundations in place to make more definite moves when and if needed.

In other words, supporting FOTCM, participating actively in the limited things we are doing at present, is basically helping us to be better able to help you.

I am filled with regret for not having the financial means to fulfill one of my goals in life, which was to own some land in a rural area and create somewhat of a sanctuary to fall back on.

I used to have this mindset as well, "just get away on my own", learned to garden and have come to realize it is wishful thinking. Those who survived, from the little information I am aware of so far, and even thrived in past ice ages were folks who lived together in communities of whatever size with different practical skills to contribute to the group as a whole as well as sharing knowledge and experience at many different levels.

I don't think Canada would be (is) such a bad place for an ice age. It does have a lot going for it like the infrastructure already in place to deal with changes to cold weather. In the little green rainy place I live, just a snowflake or two and the whole country grinds to a halt. We are doomed big time! :( - You make me wonder though, why closer to the equator? Feel like I've missed out on an important piece of data if utopia exists around 0 degrees latitude?

I guess the answer to that would have to do with how different climate is going to be. They talk about the 'Grand Solar Minimum', but is this a temporary thing, or are we moving back into permanent ice age? And how much ice is it going to produce?

It would be virtually impossible to live on permafrost or on a glacier with no ability to grow crops whatsoever. People are less likely to have this problem the closer they are to the equator.

It seems to me that perhaps the longer people wait to make plans, the more difficult it will be to move if that's what they want to do. It would have been a lot easier 20 years ago, but hindsight is 20/20...

It's very hard to gauge the speed of the onset of the GSM, and combined with panic buying which is inevitable, I would say that preparing incrementally is wise. If you can afford it, buy double of what you would normally buy on a weekly basis. The way I see it is this...everything you use in your home during the week, you will need 3 months worth tucked away somewhere dry, cool and dark. This may help with the initial transition, giving you time to find genuinely like-minded folk to work with, if you haven't found them yet.
I've heard the regulations in Canada regarding wood burning stoves are quite rigid, but a heat/cooking source free from the grid or pipes is essential. Indoor growing is touted my many preppers, but I don't see this as particularly viable for most unless you have a way of creating and harnessing your own energy. Some form of personal protection might be in order as well as knowing your immediate dangers...situational awareness? But long term? Joining the masses on a caravan migration to the Equator seems fraught with problems...how to feed and protect yourself en route and where do you settle when you get there?
As others have posted, community is key. Sharing of knowledge and skills, safety in numbers and many hands make light work!
Most importantly, mental preparation...

Don't forget about "The benefits of cold adaptation"

Current snap backs!
Nov 18, 2018

Translated from French by Microsoft
The first flakes of #neige the season are currently falling on #Paris(#IDF ) - the previous ones date back to 19 March last-the first snow had been observed on 30 November in 2017, on 7 Nov in 2016-Omar Havana: Omar Havana on Instagram: “First snow of the year in Paris . #snow #neige #paris #france #weather #climate #cold”

Edit Added:
A good source for information
The Oppenheimer Ranch

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom