PARTIES

caballero reyes

The Living Force
Excerpts from "The party" according to Octavio Paz, poet.

"Everything is an opportunity to meet, any pretext is good to interrupt the march of time and celebrate with celebrations and ceremonies men and events with their violent colors, sour and pure and their dances, ceremonies, fireworks, unusual costumes and the inexhaustible cascade of surprises ... time suspends his career, makes a stop and instead of pushing us towards a tomorrow always unattainable and liar, offers us a round and perfect present, dance and revelry ... Time ceases to be succession and it returns to be what it was, and is, originally: a present in which past and future are finally reconciled.

The party of the glorification of the human body.

The splendid Carnival of Sao Paulo 2019.

THE ENVIRONMENT AND THE HOLIDAYS.

Poet/Writer Octavio Paz makes very accurate reflections about festivities/holidays.

We must be aware that by our actions in daily life we are responsible for modifying the environment in which we live, according to the type of thoughts we have, or, in other words, according to our frequency with which we are tuned , and consequently we create ourselves the states of tension, suffering or happiness. This has been said in various forms by the Cs. And it is a great truth.

Parties and celebrations are part of the people in all countries, and it is always convenient to remember that moods modify our frequencies.

If the administrators believe it convenient, they can remove this PARTY or exchange it for another HOLIDAYS that someone else suggests.

We must be aware that by our actions in daily life we are responsible for modifying the environment in which we live, according to the type of thoughts we have, or, in other words, according to our frequency with which we are tuned , and consequently we create ourselves the states of tension, suffering or happiness. This has been said in various forms by the Cs. And it is a great truth.

According to Pierre's book, how we act and behave does have an affect on the weather on a grand scale. And like the C's said, weather patterns are an indication of 'battles' on other levels between STS and STO and our choices play into that. But in this particular case, one festival on its own is representative of a microcosm, and what caught me more was some of the symbolism of the parade, such as the golden calf, which I found ironic, but it would be difficult to connect it to weather or environmental changes without some additional context or connecting the dots.

I'm still confused by your post, caballero reyes (and it being in Environmental Issues). It would be helpful to explain your thoughts when posting something. The poem and one-liners didn't make it clear! Are you saying that the carnaval of Sao Paolo is good or bad? Were you being sarcastic saying it is splendid or not? And what do you mean by moods changing our frequency? Maybe it's me, but I find it all quite vague.

Turgon said:
"But in this particular case, one festival on its own is representative of a microcosm, and what caught me more was some of the symbolism of the parade, such as the golden calf, which I found ironic, but it would be difficult to connect it to weather or environmental changes without some additional context or connecting the dots".

The carnival party is like the carnival of life, Turgon.
Everyone tells the story according to the good or bad way it has gone at the party.

This is how life is in this "microcosm".

Oxajil said:
"I'm still confused by your post, caballero reyes (and it being in Environmental Issues). It would be helpful to explain your thoughts when posting something. The poem and one-liners didn't make it clear! Are you saying that the carnaval of Sao Paolo is good or bad? Were you being sarcastic saying it is splendid or not? And what do you mean by moods changing our frequency? Maybe it's me, but I find it all quite vague".

No, Oxajil, I'm not being sarcastic IN ANY WAY.

I thought I was clear enough with the explanation given.

Both the soul and the body must be glorified, in this case the body of the woman is the magnificent vehicle of life, which must be decorated as best as possible or as she wishes, in this particular case for the celebration of the carnival.

The body is the vehicle we have for the lessons of joy or suffering that we have to learn connected with our soul, and here, in this video of the carnival everyone rejoices even for a short period of time because it is wisdom to learn to live the present time.

EXPANDED TIME, wonderful phrase given by the Cs.

Splendid:
That stands out for its extraordinary qualities.
"a splendid party, a splendid day" Synonyms: fantastic, magnificent, wonderful.

This is because I call splendid carnivals in Brazil.

loreta said:
"A fake human body in most of the cases because many of these bodies have fake breasts and fake buttocks".

But I did not refer exclusively to the "perfect" bodies of the queens, representatives or flaggers of each samba school, I referred to the bodies of all the members in general, the comparsas and especially the representatives of the City of Bahia that usually they are people with enough age and maybe enjoy the best of the holidays.

Excerpts from "The party" according to Octavio Paz, poet.

"Everything is an opportunity to meet, any pretext is good to interrupt the march of time and celebrate with celebrations and ceremonies men and events with their violent colors, sour and pure and their dances, ceremonies, fireworks, unusual costumes and the inexhaustible cascade of surprises ... time suspends his career, makes a stop and instead of pushing us towards a tomorrow always unattainable and liar, offers us a round and perfect present, dance and revelry ... Time ceases to be succession and it returns to be what it was, and is, originally: a present in which past and future are finally reconciled.

Caballero in which book did you find the quote by Octavio Paz ? Surely Paz was taking about the feast in Mexico? Even if what he says has sense about every feast in the world, with different particularities.

The idea about the Party is very interesting. There is a very good book by Mikhaïl Bakhtine, a study about the sense of what was really a party or Carnaval in the Middle Ages reading the books by Rabelais. The title is : "L'oeuvre de François Rabelais et la culture populaire au Moyen Âge et sous la Renaissance". It gives us a vast vue about what is really the profound sense of a Party and Carnaval. For Rabelais the body is very important. Mikhail study this theme also.

loreta said:
"A fake human body in most of the cases because many of these bodies have fake breasts and fake buttocks".

But I did not refer exclusively to the "perfect" bodies of the queens, representatives or flaggers of each samba school, I referred to the bodies of all the members in general, the comparsas and especially the representatives of the City of Bahia that usually they are people with enough age and maybe enjoy the best of the holidays.

I see, Caballero. Sorry if I misinterpreted you. I understand what you mean.

Back
Top Bottom