Premier vitrail

Channa

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
Hello
I copied the woodcut from Camille Flammarion's book It is the story of a monk from the Middle Ages who tells that he found where the Sun and the Earth touch
There is a lot of reproduction on the net and I wanted to do it in stained glass painted with the technique of the Middle Ages

1585572731177.png

1585572627839.png

I also copied a manuscript of Hildegarde de Bingen, from the Middle Ages, with the same technique
1585573048639.png
Et puis des roses pour vous tous
1585573250674.png

[QUOTE = "Jenn, poste: 849174, membre: 10309"]
Ce sont d'excellents travaux de Channa! J'ai enregistré l'image et l'ai comme économiseur d'écran de bureau, j'espère que cela ne vous dérange pas? Combien de temps ont-ils mis pour faire?
[/CITATION]

Hello Jenn
Which stained glass window did you choose?
It takes time because I work on transparent glass.
I first draw all the contours of each piece of glass then bake(or fire, in english?)
Then each color baked, one after the other
Then weld all the parts
Thank you for sharing with you.

These are powerful pieces Channa, especially your version of the woodcut from Camille Flammarion's book. If you ever decide to reproduce this I would happily purchase a copy. Do you make them so they can fix to windows? I would truly love to see this with the light flooding through.

I think many of us here can appreciate the hope and faith this picture captures - looks joyous fun doesn't it?!

I have just about every recording of Hildegarde de Bingen's music - never cease to calm and water my soul.

Do you know this piece for example? Especially the first chant... heart stopping

Does she inspire your work?

You know, I'm always baffled at the old stained glasses, they have so many shades, nuances... An art for sure !

This summer I was in Rouen and visit the Joan of Arc's church (it's a modern thing). I saw the stained glasses and said to myself, woww, it's the first time I see modern stained glasses which are so nuanced ! BUT, there were information panels which says this stained glasses were old and retrieved from somewhere else :lol:

Like at the St Etienne cathedral of Metz. There are modern stained glasses of Chagall, but I swear you that when you're in, it's just look like some kids made some blotches !

Vitraux de la Cathédrale de Metz en Moselle Marc Chagall

No, they can't compete with old ones.

But yours seem pretty good indeed !

The first image is the one used for the morning prayer in the FoTCM crystal connection book. It's even lovelier in color. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom