The Ice Age Cometh! Forget Global Warming!

Take a look at the item below. The global warming peeps claim it is a consequence of global warming which is certainly possible since we know the earth has been heating up from within. But I don't think they have really thought out the consequences and probable effects.

Notice the bits about noctilucent clouds.

As I read this, I was stuck to the the mechanistic dynamics that NASA's interpretation implies. While it seems 'logical' that a more reflective cloud layer would reflect heat out and collapse the atmosphere, the same could be said that it'd inflate the atmosphere below. What mechanism makes it anisotropic?

I find myself struggling to relate with this, it seems anchored in material-reductionistic status quo physics. I doubt that there is a depth-setting component more powerful than the ionosphere - and it is my understanding that the Allen Belts press down on the ionosphere and atmospheric layers below when it gets slammed by accelerated solar wind - or it may also de-inflate as its own homeostasis weakens. That was what my mind jumped to.

Then I went and watched the 5 minutes daily morning news - the NASA story is mentioned around 1:30-2:00:

I've been poking around in the internets to determine an estimate of how much food a person needs for a year.

In more objective cultures, this would surely have been common knowledge, and perhaps the topic of conversation, the fundamental of human activity, and maybe even the foundation of culture.

This would probably be most striking in climes that freeze, with energy directed towards preparedness for winter. It's in this context that people wouldn't say how old they are in terms of age, but how many winters they'd lived through.

In our modern era of grocery stores (which we treat like the Cornucopia, a magical goat's horn never-ending abundant food) we've been alienated from the reality of these kind of considerations - the reality of how life actually works.

I found this list, which can be used as a general template. It's grain-heavy, of course, and so while supplies last, we can also keto-adapt our food caches. That would mean upping the fat and reducing the carbs, getting rid of the wheat and dry milk and soy and other food-poisons, getting coconut milk powder instead, buckwheat, etc., all the while trying to maintain a certain caloric goal. Although in the times to come, we may not be able to entertain the luxury of choice in our foods. This list also doesn't include things like intermittent fasting, and I assume is predicated on a three-meals-a-day sort of model.

Food Storage Calculator results for 1 adult for 1 year:

TOTAL GRAINS: 300 pounds (Wheat, Flour, Corn Meal, Rice, Pasta, etc.)

TOTAL FATS &OILS: 13 pounds (Shortening, Veg. Oil, Peanut Butter, etc.)

TOTAL LEGUMES: 60 pounds (Dry Beans, Lima, Soy, Peas, Lentils, etc.)

TOTAL SUGARS: 60 pounds (Honey, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Molasses, Jams, etc.)

TOTAL DAIRY: 75 pounds (Dry Milk, etc.)

COOKING ESSENTIALS: (Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Yeast, Salt, Vinegar)

WATER: (at least 1-gallon per person per day)

No measurements for salt, etc. And it doesn't include meat! So meat can be added, reducing the carbs, especially that eye-popping 60 lbs of sugar. Its like prepping for some people is like getting ready for Hallowe'en!

This one does include meat - its a calculator where you can enter the age and number of your family members. Then you can get an idea of what it would take to live for a year without reliance a food supply chain. Included is a water calculation, too. A good 'what-if' mental exercise, with very practical applications.

Also, I noticed that there is no number for how many pounds of Romance Novels are needed. Any guesses? 50 lbs per year? 200?

Thanks for the list iamthatis. I have nowhere enough.. storage is also a problem, living in an apartment. I have slowly started to now increase, what now is a meager supply, while supplies are still available. I have some butter in the freezer, but planning on purchasing prepared ghee and some oils. I have some maple syrup as a sugar substitute, also a meager supply of buckwheat flour, figured I could make pancakes if we still have power. My problem is, I never shop in the middle isles of the grocery store, so will seriously start looking through the isles for useful products. I do have some large cans of dehydrated food.

My friend who has a health store also has some valuable medicinal items, such as dried dandelion root and leaf, all in mylar packaging, I understand that once opened and stored in an airtight jar, they maybe good for a year. Also she has large bags of himalayan salt (5lbs I think) not my preferred choice but for the price $20 seems like a good buy to me.

Will have to get busy.

Also forgot to mention I have a small Berkey (countertop) filtration system. I have never used it at this time, I purchased it several years ago. Thought it would come in handy if if water filtration becomes unpredictable.

Snip: Dated FEBRUARY 19, 2021
The world experienced a few centuries of apocalyptic conditions 42,000 years ago, triggered by a reversal of the Earth's magnetic poles combined with changes in the Sun's behavior. That's the key finding of our new multidisciplinary study, published in Science.

This last major geomagnetic reversal triggered a series of dramatic events that have far-reaching consequences for our planet. They read like the plot of a horror movie: the ozone layer was destroyed, electrical storms raged across the tropics, solar winds generated spectacular light shows (auroras), Arctic air poured across North America, ice sheets and glaciers surged and weather patterns shifted violently.

During these events, life on earth was exposed to intense ultraviolet light, Neanderthals and giant animals known as megafauna went extinct, while modern humans sought protection in caves.

The magnetic north pole—where a compass needle points to—does not have a permanent location. Instead, it usually wobbles around close to the geographic north pole—the point around which the Earth spins—over time due to movements within the Earth's core.

For reasons still not entirely clear, magnetic pole movements can sometimes be more extreme than a wobble. One of the most dramatic of these pole migrations took place some 42,000 years ago and is known as the Laschamps Excursion—named after the village where it was discovered in the French Massif Central.

The Laschamps Excursion has been recognized around the world, including most recently in Tasmania, Australia. But up until now, it has not been clear whether such magnetic changes had any impacts on climate and life on the planet. Our new work draws together multiple lines of evidence that strongly suggest the effects were indeed global and far-reaching.

Ancient trees
Snip:
"The kauri trees are like the Rosetta Stone, helping us tie together records of environmental change in caves, ice cores, and peat bogs around the world," says professor Alan Cooper, who co-lead this research project.

Using the newly-created timescale, we were able to show that tropical Pacific rain belts and the Southern Ocean westerly winds abruptly shifted at the same time, bringing arid conditions to places like Australia at the same time as a range of megafauna, including giant kangaroos and giant wombats went extinct. Further north, the vast Laurentide Ice Sheet rapidly grew across the eastern US and Canada, while in Europe the Neanderthals spiraled into extinction.

Climate modeling
Snip:
With essentially no magnetic field, our planet totally lost its very effective shield against cosmic radiation, and many more of these very penetrating particles from space could access the top of the atmosphere. On top of this, the Sun experienced several "grand solar minima" throughout this period, during which the overall solar activity was generally much lower but also more unstable, sending out numerous massive solar flares that allowed more powerful ionizing cosmic rays to reach Earth.

Our models showed that this combination of factors had an amplifying effect. The high energy cosmic rays from the galaxy and also enormous bursts of cosmic rays from solar flares were able to penetrate the upper atmosphere, charging the particles in the air and causing chemical changes that drove the loss of stratospheric ozone.

The Adams Event

Opinion

RT
Little Ice Age (LIA), climate interval that occurred from the early 14th century through the mid-19th century, when mountain glaciers expanded at several locations, including the European Alps, New Zealand, Alaska, and the southern Andes, and mean annual temperatures across the Northern Hemisphere declined by 0.6 °C (1.1 °F) relative to the average temperature between 1000 and 2000 ce. The term Little Ice Age was introduced to the scientific literature by Dutch-born American geologist F.E. Matthes in 1939. Originally the phrase was used to refer to Earth’s most recent 4,000-year period of mountain-glacier expansion and retreat. Today some scientists use it to distinguish only the period 1500–1850, when mountain glaciers expanded to their greatest extent, but the phrase is more commonly applied to the broader period 1300–1850. The Little Ice Age followed the Medieval Warming Period (roughly 900–1300 ce) and preceded the present period of warming that began in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Geographic Extent Information obtained from “proxy records” (indirect records of ancient climatic conditions, such as ice cores, cores of lake sediment and coral, and annual growth rings in trees) as well as historical documents dating to the Little Ice Age period indicate that cooler conditions appeared in some regions, but, at the same time, warmer or stable conditions occurred in others. For instance, proxy records collected from western Greenland, Scandinavia, the British Isles, and western North America point to several cool episodes, lasting several decades each, when temperatures dropped 1 to 2 °C (1.8 to 3.6 °F) below the thousand-year averages for those areas. However, these regional temperature declines rarely occurred at the same time. Cooler episodes also materialized in the Southern Hemisphere, initiating the advance of glaciers in Patagonia and New Zealand, but these episodes did not coincide with those occurring in the Northern Hemisphere. Meanwhile, temperatures of other regions of the world, such as eastern China and the Andes, remained relatively stable during the Little Ice Age. Still other regions experienced extended periods of drought, increased precipitation, or extreme swings in moisture. Many areas of northern Europe, for instance, were subjected to several years of long winters and short, wet summers, whereas parts of southern Europe endured droughts and season-long periods of heavy rainfall. Evidence also exists of multiyear droughts in equatorial Africa and Central and South Asia during the Little Ice Age. For these reasons the Little Ice Age, though synonymous with cold temperatures, can also be characterized broadly as a period when there was an increase in temperature and precipitation variability across many parts of the globe.

Also forgot to mention I have a small Berkey (countertop) filtration system. I have never used it at this time, I purchased it several years ago. Thought it would come in handy if if water filtration becomes unpredictable.

I have great well-water, so I never bothered with getting a good filter system. Not that it'd help if SHTF and you need to bug out for any reason.
For that reason, I don't really consider ceramic filters to be 'handy in an unpredictable situation. It's not like it'd fit in a bag. So my bug-out 'filtration' system is a 2 fl. oz. bottle of lugol's 10%.

That'd be good for what, nearly 100 gallons of murky water? I'd feel much safer with that than with a shatter-prone ceramic filter. Plus, it might provide critical supplementation at the moment you need it most...

I have great well-water, so I never bothered with getting a good filter system. Not that it'd help if SHTF and you need to bug out for any reason.
For that reason, I don't really consider ceramic filters to be 'handy in an unpredictable situation. It's not like it'd fit in a bag. So my bug-out 'filtration' system is a 2 fl. oz. bottle of lugol's 10%.

That'd be good for what, nearly 100 gallons of murky water? I'd feel much safer with that than with a shatter-prone ceramic filter. Plus, it might provide critical supplementation at the moment you need it most...

I do have some Lugols on hand if necessary.

There are multiple reasons why the nemesis hypothesis doesn't hold water. The key one you underline is the periodicity of the orbit. If the orbit is too short, there is no way to justify that it is so far out we cannot observe it. But if the orbit is in the millions of years, it does not serve as a factor to explain the short-phase catastrophe cycle.

Plus, that brown dwarf would be EM-inactive so that we do not observe it (and as per the assumed nature of a brown dwarf), and sufficiently far into the Oort cloud to not demonstrate orbital effects in the planetoids and Kuyper belt, yet it somehow would have to destabilize Sol's fairly powerful heliosphere (even for a G star), to the point of inducing geomagnetic jerks in the inner planets?

It obviously doesn't make any sense. It is still, sadly, quite popular, despite making the wildest unjustified claims of any hypothesis I've seen. The disparity in inner heliosphere disruption while no gravitational instability is detected in outer orbits would require some serious explaining.

Just because the Nemesis hypothesis doesn't explain the short-phase catastrophe cycles doesn't mean the hypothesis is without merit. I don't think anyone is saying that all cycles of catastrophes are solely caused by Nemesis - or are they? Is there enough room in the cosmos for Nemesis, and other causal agents of a shorter cataclysmic periodicity? Especially given the consciousness-based understanding of cosmic-maintenance, and human negative emotions attracting bombardments.

I'm wondering also about what you've written about the 'assumed EM-inactivity nature of a brown dwarf' as a descriptor for Nemesis... this seems to be the main premise on which your rejection of the Nemesis hypothesis is based. It seems be that you're saying that Nemesis is in dark mode (in terms of EM charge), and therefore could not be a threat.

The more massive the object, and the more negatively charged it is, the greater the charge differential between the object (Nemesis, in this hypothetical case) and Sol. And the greater this differential, the greater the discharge when it interacts with the sun's heliopause. So there are two factors - size and negative charge relative to Sol.

Nemsis' dark mode indicates low current density, yes. Nemesis is traversed by a current that is too weak to make it glow, it has low electric stress. But that doesn't mean that it has insufficient size, for instance, to induce geomagnetic jerks in the planets in the solar system. And my understanding that the lower the electric stress, the greater the discharge from Sol, and the greater effect on the planets. Yin and Yang. I think of it like this - Sol is overflowing with positive ions, and Nemesis presents a very large empty 'vessel' into which they will be naturally flow.

Also, as Pierre has written in Earth Changes, on p. 45, planetary alignments will add up the electric discharge potential of each planet. There's no telling how the planets will be aligned when (or if) Nemesis arrives.

And we've already seen lunar anomalous eccentricity, which is only explained by a massive object beyond Pluto (Earth Changes, p. 66). Nemesis, or something like it, is understood to be the best explainable causal factor.

So I don't see how there's any way you can claim to actually know Nemesis will come 'sufficiently far into the Oort cloud' and 'not demonstrate orbital effects'. Why do you think that is what will happen?

Greenland is having a fair bit of white this year: Surface Conditions: Polar Portal
1625413853633.png
From their Twitter account there is below, though why they use the word "Unsuggestive" is odd, or is it a way to say that we can't conclude anything or that it is nothing to be much concerned about?
1625414214985.png
And from Current Weather: Polar Portal one can notice that the temperatures are a few degrees colder than usual:
The melting season was a week late and the ablation was two weeks late:
1625414979358.png

Attachments

• 1625414367435.png
    1625414367435.png
    337.7 KB · Views: 2
Strong cooling from tomorrow and a little snow likely at altitude Thursday
The cold drop at the origin of the midweek cooling should bring us rain from tomorrow but also:
snow from 2700 / 2800m Thursday possibly lower due to the showers especially on the west and the center of the chain .

It is a real return in autumn which promises to be until Thursday afternoon with a drop of around 15 degrees in temperatures to 1500m and a 0 degree isotherm around 2800 / 3000m Thursday morning.

These episodes are common in June, and late August, less in recent years in July. The last significant episode at the beginning of July dates back to 2017 but it was a little earlier.

Without forgetting the episode of August 9 and 10, 2017, much rarer and more important, especially in Andorra (photo above) where it had snowed up to 2200 / 2300m.

Note a strong tramontane blow Thursday> 100km / h in gusts….
In short, cover yourself!

The Cascade de Gavarnie, 422m high in total, the highest waterfall in the massif we have already lost more than 10 degrees, and tomorrow evening the 0 degree isotherm should drop further to 2900 / 3100m with a few flakes probable
@florian .riou #pyrenees#bigorre

Greenland is having a fair bit of white this year: Surface Conditions: Polar Portal

I’m Going to the Hills, I’m tired of Paying Bills
A recent episode of Mini Ice Age Conversations Radio Program from (STUDIO A 10pm-Midnight) on Revolution Radio. Ransom Godwin from 420TVFreedomistFilms1776 YouTube Channel and David DuByne from ADAPT 2030 discuss skills you will need after power is disrupted. Thinking beyond stored foods to long term systems to save seed and preserve foods you grow or trade like previous generations did.

Anthony Sharwood, Tuesday July 6, 2021 - 17:59 EST

It was 3.6°C at midday, and things didn't get much better after that, as the nation's capital shivered its way to a top of just 6.3°C at 3:22 pm on Tuesday.

That made it Canberra's coldest day in 12 years.

Canberra's average maximum in July is 12.8°C. For a daily maximum to fall more than a couple of degrees short of that, fog is usually the culprit.

And that's indeed what happened today. Fog was present in the morning, but it didn’t dissipate as it usually does around mid-morning and reveal a sunny afternoon that warms rapidly.

Instead, it lifted only a few hundred metres around lunchtime, then sat across the city as a layer of low misty cloud, a bit like a wet blanket.

"A combination of cold air, light winds and high relative humidity caused fog and low cloud to limit daytime heating over the northern half of the ACT well into Tuesday afternoon," Weatherzone meteorologist Ben Domensino explained.

The cloud can be clearly seen in the northern half of the ACT on the satellite image above.

For those living and working in Canberra, the chill in the air was miserable, even in the afternoon.

"The cold was so bitey it had sharp fangs," Canberra resident Bradley Roche told Weatherzone. "Usually these foggy days warm up in the afternoon, but not today."

Colder down low than up high!

In one of the most interesting temperature anomalies we here at Weatherzone have seen in a while, the southern Canberra town centre of Tuggeranong recorded a maximum colder than Mt Ginini, high in the Brindabella Ranges.
  • Tuggeranong reached just 5.8°C, while Mt Ginini notched a maximum of 6.0°C.
  • Tuggeranong sits in the valley at 586 metres, while Mt Ginini is way up high at 1760 metres.
  • Normally, you'd expect a location 1200 metres higher to be about 10 degrees colder. And that's how it was on Monday, when the max in Tuggeranong was 12.8°C while Mt Ginini reached 2.9°C.
  • But today's low cloud in Canberra totally inverted the equation while sun shone up high in the Brindabellas.
READ OUR STORY ON MT GININI, AUSTRALIA’S LONELIEST LITTLE MOUNTAIN WEATHER STATION HERE

There's the chance of fog in Canberra again tomorrow morning, but things should warm up to a top of 12°C under sunny skies, after an overnight low of -3°C with frosts.

Thanks for the list iamthatis. I have nowhere enough.. storage is also a problem, living in an apartment. I have slowly started to now increase, what now is a meager supply, while supplies are still available. I have some butter in the freezer, but planning on purchasing prepared ghee and some oils. I have some maple syrup as a sugar substitute, also a meager supply of buckwheat flour, figured I could make pancakes if we still have power. My problem is, I never shop in the middle isles of the grocery store, so will seriously start looking through the isles for useful products. I do have some large cans of dehydrated food.

My friend who has a health store also has some valuable medicinal items, such as dried dandelion root and leaf, all in mylar packaging, I understand that once opened and stored in an airtight jar, they maybe good for a year. Also she has large bags of himalayan salt (5lbs I think) not my preferred choice but for the price $20 seems like a good buy to me.

Will have to get busy.

Well, it seems that we all have made choices to create our current life situation. But I think we still have some time (though not much) to really take stock of our options, make good choices, and crank it up a notch!

Dandelion is a good one to have on hand. Aside from being a general feel-good tonic, apparently she's also a natural ally against spike proteins!

I was thinking about the meat calculation. For canners, it would be easy enough for one person to determine how many quart jars of meat they'd need for a year. The quart-jar measurement is easier for me to grok than pounds or calories.

Let's say you eat one quart of meat per day (that's a lot!). You'd need 365 jars of meat. I'd say for me it's more like 1/3 quart per day, putting me at 121 jars of meat for one year. So 365 jars would be enough for three years. This can also be padded with non-BPA cans of tuna, sardines, etc. Though those are already kind of pricey in Canada at $5 a can.

With the mylar packaging you mentioned, once it is open, you can also get desiccant salt packs and pop one in to preserve the longevity of the food. There are three main elements that cause spoilage - moisture, warmth and oxygen. That's the trifecta of bad food, so keeping that in mind, it's possible to mitigate some kinda disaster by keeping things cool, dry, and as air-tight as possible.

When buying big bags of grain, it often comes in paper bags. It's better to store things in plastic bags, more airtight. One easy option is to put the whole package of rice or whatever in a garbage bag, tie it tight or duct tape it, and throw in some desiccant salt packs to keep the ambient moisture at bay.

And I also remember that this is big a lesson in 'learning-is-fun'. This helps me frame all the madness as I've been stretching my budget (and mind) to get all the necessary things while supplies last. Kinda like getting ready to go camping... except with zombies and psychos and comets. Oh my!

Meteorologist Guillaume Séchet (from France, on Metoe-Villes.com) is scratching his head as the (programed narrative) of the coming climate scare goes south.

When should we expect warm and sunny conditions to return to France? Some answers in our article of the day
We are having a more than mixed start to the summer and many holidaymakers are not thrilled by the current weather. When will summer conditions return to France? Elements of answer in our article.

Since the beginning of July, the general situation has rather resembled an autumnal configuration in the west of the European continent. Indeed, a high pressure cell is present over eastern Europe and Russia while the Azores high pressure system is encamped in its neighborhoods. Between the two, the depressions that circulate over the North Atlantic regularly take advantage of this to plunge towards the British Isles and France, sometimes taking the form of cold drops - small depressions whose displacement is very slow.

To support the autumnal character of the current configuration, we observe a linear jet current on the Atlantic, circulating as far as France with speeds sometimes exceeding 200 km / h at around 9,000 meters above sea level. This situation favors the circulation of disturbances in our country and is observed much more often in autumn than in summer. It is moreover this jet current which contributed to reinforce the depression which gave a storm on Brittany at the beginning of the week. >>>

For our country to return to summer conditions, the Azores high will have to strengthen and extend towards France. This is the most common summer situation for our country, during which high pressures take up residence between the Azores and Denmark. Depending on the power of the anticyclone and its exact position, more or less hot air masses then rise over France.

A summer weekend in the south

pressions-10juil21.gif

Pressure anomalies from Wednesday 7 to Sunday 11 July 2021 (blue = low pressure, red = high pressure) - via tropicaltidbits.com

A ridge of high pressure will reach France on Friday July 9, 2021. Its influence will be more clear on the regions of the southern half for the weekend of July 10 and 11, because they are located on the fringes of the high pressures responsible for an episode. very intense heat wave over Spain (stifling heat and record in Andalusia)! As the north will remain on the edge of low pressure anomalies over the British Isles, the improvement will be much less marked.

tempes-10-11juil21.jpg

Maximum temperatures forecast for Saturday July 10 and 11, 2021 - Météo Villes

Thus, the sun promises to be generous over the southern half during the weekend of July 10 and 11, 2021, benefiting from a significant rise in temperatures. On Saturday afternoon, it will often be 26 to 31 ° C in the southern half under the sun but less than 20 ° C in the northern regions where the weather will be humid. The heat will extend further on Sunday, except between Brittany and the northern borders where the sky will remain congested. In the south, the atmosphere will be very summery with highs often between 29 and 33 ° C.
More details in our national forecast bulletin >>>

Cool and unstable early next week

Unfortunately, the return of summer conditions which will affect a good southern half this weekend will only be fleeting. From the start of next week, a small low (cold drop) from the Atlantic should circulate over northern France. This will bring the return of cool and unstable conditions, under the oceanic air.

And incase you missed it another article on SOTT with a another blue pill for Greta.

En France sur la Côte d'Azur entre Nice et Cannes, c'es toujours un très beau temps sauf que cet après midi un grand vent s'est levé, je suis allée sur mon balcon et me suis assise pour en profiter, tous les arbres en face de moi étaient bousculés tant et tant que je me croyais en pleine mer, sous la mer, avec les courants marins... C'était bon, j'avais l'impression que le vent nettoyait ma tête... Mes chatonnes et mes petis Yorks étaient avec moi et en profitaient aussi... Il fait 27° et le soleil brille... Le vent s'est calmé...

In France on the French Riviera between Nice and Cannes, it's always a very nice weather except that this afternoon a big wind came up, I went on my balcony and sat down to enjoy it, all the trees in front of me were shaken so much that I thought I was in the open sea, under the sea, with the sea currents... It was good, I had the impression that the wind was cleaning my head... My cats and my little Yorks were with me and enjoyed it too... It is 27° and the sun is shining... The wind has calmed down...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Here in St. Petersburg (Russia), after the rainy May in history (over 350% of rain from the monthly norm), June became the hottest and driest in the history of weather observations. For more than a month (almost 40 days) the heat has been + 30C (every day) and higher, and there has been no rain for a month. Trees and shrubs begin to dry out from drought.
Heat temperature records fall every day, today it was + 33C in the shade. In the coming days, the heat is not going to slow down!
Someone may think these temperatures are ridiculous, but for a resident of northern Europe, a temperature above + 25C is a test and is far from a comfort zone.
Okay, but we are not discouraged! If this damn ice age comes soon, then we will at least enjoy the heat in these last days!

Back
Top Bottom