Joining the private FOTCM Board

Possibility of Being

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
As you probably know, or you will find out soon, there is a private sub-forum for FOTCM members. If you have received a FOTCM welcome package this only means that you are registered as a FOTCM member. Access to the private board is not granted automatically when you join the Fellowship though, but is instead decided by the Moderators/Admins for each of you on an individual basis.

The Fellowship is like an extended family in the making and the membership area is a virtual community where we as a group further the support of our members and discuss work on the common aim and related projects. Naturally, since we then are getting closer to each other we would like to know a bit about our new members before we invite them to our space; what are your challenges in life (we all have them), what are you going through, what are your circumstances? Here we look to the open forum on your participation.

On average, around 100 posts should be able to give us an outline of you and your interests. But it's not the number that counts most (sometimes 20-30 posts would suffice, other times 500 is not enough). What counts is where you put your energy and to what extent you are on board with the line of force that "defines" us. Are you interested and participating in our Diet and health, Éiriú Eolas, psychology and cognitive science, Work, Swamp boards? (The latest one has a limited access and is visible for Forum members who have at least 50 posts registered Forum members only.) Remember, we are not looking to see if you are perfect, because nobody is, we are looking to see how in practice you resonate with and apply the Fellowship principles.

You're welcome to post any related questions you may have in this thread. :)

Last edited:
nicklebleu said:
I asked a question and got an answer on another thread, but thought I would post it here for the benefit of others - because I was not aware of this:

Members of FOTCM who have the FOTCM logo under their avatar have access to the private board.

I think only those who have access to the private board can see the FOTCM logos under the avatars. You can check that by logging out and browse the forum.

Bobo08 said:
nicklebleu said:
I asked a question and got an answer on another thread, but thought I would post it here for the benefit of others - because I was not aware of this:

Members of FOTCM who have the FOTCM logo under their avatar have access to the private board.

I think only those who have access to the private board can see the FOTCM logos under the avatars. You can check that by logging out and browse the forum.

:lol:
Haven't logged out for a long time...
Thanks for that, Bobo08.

You can see FOTCM logos under avatars if you're logged on the forum.
You can see private forum if you've FOTCM logo under YOUR avatar(you're FOTCM member in sense
Possibility of Being said:
but is instead decided by the Moderators/Admins for each of you on an individual basis.
)...

OSIT

Good day Moderators

I have been away for sometime now but am going to become an active member in the community as much as able. If and when you see fit please add me to the private forum section.

Thanks
Meowgi

I just received my package from FOTCM. If I understand correctly, I have to wait for a moderator to grant me access to the private board. Will this happen on its own? Do I put in a request somewhere to join the private board? I appreciate the info.

Thanks All
Danielle

Delizco said:
If I understand correctly, I have to wait for a moderator to grant me access to the private board. Will this happen on its own? Do I put in a request somewhere to join the private board? I appreciate the info.
The first post in this thread should answer your questions. In a nutshell keep on posting and make yourself known to us on the boards, and access can be granted along the way by a moderator.

Bobo08 said:
nicklebleu said:

Nope, I can see the logos, but can't access _http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?board=60.0

I can't help but feel saddened about the C's transcripts being an issue to the French authorities, and to now realize one has to make 'substantial' contributions to the forum in addition to being An FOTCM member in order to access the private board where the sessions are now located. For some of us, that will take years, due to any of these factors:
- English not being one's proficient language
- Lower education/exposure levels
- Restrictions due to inability to access internet easily (as in countless 3rd world/developing/Asian countries)
- Restrictions due to work, family, handicap which often nowadays merely provide for hand-to-mouth survival
I'm sure there are more reasons but the gist of it is not all us have a PhD nor even a diploma, which oftentimes dictate how much one has stored up between the ears, which also affects one's status in life (unless you're a psychopath) and thus directly proportionate to how much access even to something as mundane as wonderful highspeed broadband (obviously not in Malaysia nor Indonesia, even if one were well educated) in order to make 'meaningful discourse' in the forum.

For some of us, we are just too happy to have discovered Laura's work, and being able to continue learning from it for the time being. And the C's sessions are so vital because we feel these are revelations that are up to nick seeing as their record for hitting nails on the heads is practically dead on.

But what of the bit about contributing to the tribe in terms of funding/financial assistance as mentioned by the C's in the previous session.....? Aren't some of us doing our part that way?

I apologize if this sounds like a rant but that is not my intention...my greatest fear is before you know it, half the forum might be relegated to the private board if the PTB will have their way.

rymw said:
I can't help but feel saddened about the C's transcripts being an issue to the French authorities, and to now realize one has to make 'substantial' contributions to the forum in addition to being An FOTCM member in order to access the private board where the sessions are now located. For some of us, that will take years, due to any of these factors:
- Restrictions due to inability to access internet easily (as in countless 3rd world/developing/Asian countries)
- Restrictions due to work, family, handicap which often nowadays merely provide for hand-to-mouth survival
I'm sure there are more reasons but the gist of it is not all us have a PhD nor even a diploma, which oftentimes dictate how much one has stored up between the ears, which also affects one's status in life (unless you're a psychopath) and thus directly proportionate to how much access even to something as mundane as wonderful highspeed broadband (obviously not in Malaysia nor Indonesia, even if one were well educated) in order to make 'meaningful discourse' in the forum.

I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision to move the sessions to the private board, but I do think it is understandable given the rapid and dangerous changes we're seeing in the political climate. Still, your frustrations are understandable. I too feel a sense of loss with this new year. It's agonizing at times and it really brings it home to see how it is directly affecting people's lives already. It's a nasty situation all around and I think we'll all have to figure out how we might learn from and hopefully even grow from the situation we find ourselves in. We can try to do this together, and that may very well be the way to get through this. I think what lies ahead will be a rocky road to say the least and developing the gifts we have by networking can help serve us and others as we keep moving on.

As I was reading some of the replies about people's hesitations about joining Fotcm, I found the reasons more encouraging than discouraging. I had thought that most of those who haven't joined Fotcm already simply didn't want to. But from what many have said in the other thread is that it's not so much about not wanting it, but that people think they're not good enough in some way, not being in the right place, afraid of making noise, etc. I found this 'good' because all those things are overcomable, and often self imposed boundaries. We're our worst critics, and usually inaccurate self critics at that.

It doesn't take perfect English, super smarts or a large quantity of posts to join. There are Fotcm members who are still working on their English, people who aren't intellectual types (which can be a very good thing to balance out those who get stuck in our heads!), those with dial-up connections and those who are very busy with normal life, but still find time here and there to connect with others in the network. Sometimes it can be a matter of putting our attention into the things we really want out of life. There is private material on the FOTCM board so it does take some sincerity and effort to get to know one another. But that is achievable!

Renaissance said:
rymw said:

I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision to move the sessions to the private board, but I do think it is understandable given the rapid and dangerous changes we're seeing in the political climate. Still, your frustrations are understandable. I too feel a sense of loss with this new year. It's agonizing at times and it really brings it home to see how it is directly affecting people's lives already. It's a nasty situation all around and I think we'll all have to figure out how we might learn from and hopefully even grow from the situation we find ourselves in. We can try to do this together, and that may very well be the way to get through this. I think what lies ahead will be a rocky road to say the least and developing the gifts we have by networking can help serve us and others as we keep moving on.

As I was reading some of the replies about people's hesitations about joining Fotcm, I found the reasons more encouraging than discouraging. I had thought that most of those who haven't joined Fotcm already simply didn't want to. But from what many have said in the other thread is that it's not so much about not wanting it, but that people think they're not good enough in some way, not being in the right place, afraid of making noise, etc. I found this 'good' because all those things are overcomable, and often self imposed boundaries. We're our worst critics, and usually inaccurate self critics at that.

It doesn't take perfect English, super smarts or a large quantity of posts to join. There are Fotcm members who are still working on their English, people who aren't intellectual types (which can be a very good thing to balance out those who get stuck in our heads!), those with dial-up connections and those who are very busy with normal life, but still find time here and there to connect with others in the network. Sometimes it can be a matter of putting our attention into the things we really want out of life. There is private material on the FOTCM board so it does take some sincerity and effort to get to know one another. But that is achievable!
Totally agree with what Renaissance wrote, I may add something from my experience. rymw, do not feel discourage, I, at a certain point, have too those "restricting" factors, what had sunk/understood in myself, had been, that not necessarily one/me need/have/ought to have knowledge at the same time of others, one/me had/need first to comprehend that what I may be able to acquire I need to apply it, to me one of the aspects of learning, I had been -I think or I hope I think- understanding that all in life is lessons. I do not have a Phd, and the diploma could be ridiculous to many here, one/me first need to understand/learn to live where I am, with the circumstances of my environment before I dare/dream/wish to fly to other places. Keep going we are still alive! :)

mabar said:
Renaissance said:
rymw said:

Totally agree with what Renaissance wrote, I may add something from my experience. rymw, do not feel discourage, I, at a certain point, have too those "restricting" factors, what had sunk/understood in myself, had been, that not necessarily one/me need/have/ought to have knowledge at the same time of others, one/me had/need first to comprehend that what I may be able to acquire I need to apply it, to me one of the aspects of learning, I had been -I think or I hope I think- understanding that all in life is lessons. I do not have a Phd, and the diploma could be ridiculous to many here, one/me first need to understand/learn to live where I am, with the circumstances of my environment before I dare/dream/wish to fly to other places. Keep going we are still alive! :)

Thank you for your encouraging replies Mabar and Renaissance.

My partner and I have been FOTCM members for well over a year, which was roughly 2 years after discovering Laura's work in May 2011.

Back
Top Bottom