Tarragon-garlic butter

SeekinTruth

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I'm making this again today, so I figured to share it.

Ingredients:
grass fed butter
fresh tarragon
fresh garlic

Set the butter out so it becomes soft. For every 100 grams of butter, crush, finely mince/chop, or grate one large clove of garlic, and finely chop a large bunch of tarragon blades (I'd say about 1/3 cup before chopping). Mix all together. If you want it firm, put it in the fridge before eating. If you want it soft like a dip, don't chill it.

It's really delicious and goes well with any food or you can eat it by itself.

Thanks SeekinTruth, this recipe sounds delicious. IMO Tarragon is such an underrated herb

Yes, it sounds very easy and rich, I searched some substitute tarragon, can be difficult to get here in the place that I live, I would definitely give it a try, with some variations, thanks for sharing SeekinTruth. :)

We've tried using tarragon over and over and it always tastes unappealing, like something went wrong. Maybe it's just difficult to use, which would explain why it's rare. Or perhaps like Basil, there are different varieties and what you get in one area may be different than somewhere else.

This sounds delicious, I will try it with some broccoli as a dip....

thanks SeekinTruth... :thup: :clap:

monotonic said:
We've tried using tarragon over and over and it always tastes unappealing, like something went wrong. Maybe it's just difficult to use, which would explain why it's rare. Or perhaps like Basil, there are different varieties and what you get in one area may be different than somewhere else.
Try adding it to beef burgers or meat balls, lots of it! It is a bit of a rare herb, and doesn't work well in every dish if it is mixed with other strong tasting herbs. I usually find that if it is used as the main flavour in a dish then it can work well.

monotonic said:
It may depend on whether or not you enjoy licorice or bitter flavors in general. If not, perhaps that's why.

Thanks SeekinTruth, this butter really sounds delicious :) - im going to make it, and have it with my steaks the next time !

truth seeker said:
monotonic said:
It may depend on whether or not you enjoy licorice or bitter flavors in general. If not, perhaps that's why.

Yes, fresh it has a very similar taste to licorice/anise type flavor. It's actually on the sweet side like sweet basil. It's used quite a lot in traditional Armenian cuisine. This recipe just seems to make a good combination of flavors and is real quick to make. Anyone trying it, could, of course, play with the proportions to your own taste.

Back
Top Bottom