Russia Begins Operations in Syria: End Game for the US Empire?

Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu has commented on the results of the Moscow's operation in Syria aimed to support the government's fight against terrorists amid the ongoing operation in the Deir ez-Zor province.

Russia's Anti-Terrorist Operation in Syria Close to its End - Defense Minister
https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201710161058287447-russia-syria-operation-shoigu/

Russian Defense Minister has said that the Russian military campaign in Syria "is about to be completed."

Shoigu said at a meeting with his Israeli counterpart Avigdor Lieberman that he wants to discuss "several issues that require urgent solutions and discussion of the prospects for further development of the situation in Syria."

Shoigu has arrived on a two-day visit to Israel to discuss issues of Russia-Israel military and military-technical cooperation, as well as regional security problems, including the Syrian conflict.

Shoigu also expressed certainty that the current talks would help "to better understand each other," and contribute to the strengthening of friendly relations between the Russian and Israeli armed forces.

The Russian defense minister's statement comes the next day after the Syrian army established control over the largest Daesh hotbed in the Deir ez-Zor province, the town of al-Mayadeen. The government forces' operation to wipe out remaining terrorists from the province with Russia's aerial support is underway following the lifting of the three-year Daesh siege of the city of Deir ez-Zor in September.

The Israeli army reported that its Air Force has destroyed an anti-aircraft battery in Syria in a response to an alleged shelling of Israeli planes that were conducting a reconnaissance mission in Lebanese airspace. The Syrian army has commented on the incident.

Syria Following Israeli Attack: IDF Jets Had Violated Our Airspace
https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201710161058283056-syria-israel-army-attack/

According to a statement from Damascus "the aircraft of Israel's Air Force violated [Syria's] airspace near the border with Lebanon in the Baalbek area at 08:51 a.m. local time (05:51 GMT)" and therefore were attacked by the Syrian air defense systems. The statement also claimed that "one of the planes was hit, which forced the aircraft to leave".

The comment from Syria's armed forces comes hours after the IDF had announced that its jets had been targeted by an anti-aircraft missile during what it called "a routine flight over Lebanon." According to the IDF, the planes were not harmed in the shelling. Israel also stated having hit a Syrian air-defence battery 50 kilometres away from Damascus with 4 bombs, rendering it non-operational.

Tel Aviv had qualified the incident as a "clear provocation", it also had confirmed that the Russian military had been notified of IDF's action beforehand — as part of the coordination with Moscow.

It is believed to be the first time since Syria's civil war began in 2011 that Israeli planes were targeted while in Lebanese airspace, according to the Israeli military spokesman, Jonathan Conricus. Later in the day, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has commented in the situation, "We will continue to act in the region when it is required to ensure Israel's security. Our policy is clear: Those who wish to attack us will be attacked by us."

The Israeli and Syrian armed forces have exchanged numerous tit-for-tat attacks over cross-bording shelling. The latest incident took place in September when Israeli jets attacked the Syrian government forces in the Hama province, however, the IDF refused to comment on the incident.

The Syrian Arab Army is making preparations for a new offensive operational against Israeli-backed jihadist militants in northern Quneitrah province. The operation will take place close to the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.

Syrian Army prepares big offensive against Israeli-backed jihadists in Golan
https://mobile.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-prepares-big-offensive-israeli-backed-jihadists-golan/

At the present time, the Syrian Army is attempting to successfully conclude a military operation against jihadist militants in in the Beit Jinn region of Western Ghouta (also near the Israeli-border).

According to sources, the Syrian Army and allied paramilitaries plan to launch another offensive near the Israeli border in northern Quneitrah once wrapping up their Beit Jinn operation.

The offensive aims to liberate militant-held towns and villages in the region. Large battles are expected to during the course of the operation.

Back in June, the Ha’yat Tahrir al-Sham terrorist group and Free Syrian Army launched an offensive against army positions near the government-held city of Al-Baath in northern Quneitrah province. The jihadist operation was directly backed by Israel who provided tactical air support.

After a week of fighting, pro-government forces managed to repel the militant offensive and prevent Al-Baath from falling into jihadist hands.

The Syrian Arab Army (SAA) is preparing to storm the strategic city of Quraytayn in southeastern Homs, a military source told Al-Masdar News this morning.

Zero hour approaches Quraytayn as SAA troops, Russian Special Forces prepare to storm city
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/zero-hour-approaches-quraytayn-saa-troops-russian-special-forces-prepare-storm-city/

Backed by the Russian Special Forces, the Syrian Arab Army enveloped the historical city of Quraytayn over the past two weeks, clearing several Islamic State (ISIS) sleeper cells in this desert area.

Once Quraytayn is officially declared Islamic State free, the Syrian Arab Army will shift their attention to the small pockets occupied by the terrorist group in the Homs Governorate.

Quraytayn was seized by Islamic State terrorists two weeks after they launched a surprise offensive from their sleeper cells inside the city.

Earlier today, infighting broke out between Turkey-led militant factions of the Euphrates Shield operations room in northern Aleppo.

Turkey-led militias go to war with each other over money
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/turkey-led-militias-go-war-money/

The clashes have so far resulted in nearly a dozen dead and wounded among the ranks of Turkish-backed mercenaries.

At the time the clashes were being reported, it was still not clear why Turkey-led militias in northern Aleppo – hitherto well unified under Turkish Army command – had engaged in clashes with one another.

However, according to sources, the reason for the infighting is competition for control of market assets throughout rebel-controlled northern Aleppo.

Reports say that one of the most lucrative profit mechanisms in northern Aleppo is the control of border crossing points where taxes and tolls are imposed on traders who transit goods to and from different regions in Syria ruled by other polities.

This explanation co-insides perfectly with the clashes that took place today since it was Free Syrian Army-linked rebels who attempted to seize border crossing points held by the Shamiah Front Islamist faction near Kurdish PYD-run territory.

Yesterday’s infighting between Turkey-led militant groups in northern Aleppo province resulted in an absolute slaughter among the ranks of Euphrates Shield fighters.

Over 50 Turkey-led militants killed in north Aleppo infighting
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/50-turkey-led-militants-killed-north-aleppo-infighting/

On Sunday, Turkey-led militant groups clashed with each other near Kurdish-held lines in northern Aleppo. It has become apparent that the infighting was financially-motivated as Free Syrian Army-linked militias sought to take border crossing points from the Shamiah Front Islamist faction.

According to Kurdish sources, over fifty militants of the Euphrates Shield operations room killed each other during Sunday’s firefights.

Although a ceasefire has now been brokered between the warring Euphrates Shield militias, the events that took place yesterday may nonetheless foreshadow more infighting between Turkey-led rebel groups.

Top military Commander of Ahrar al-Sham terrorist group Abu Adnan Zabadani has resigned after only one and a half months after his assignment, militant-affiliated websites disclosed on Monday.

Syria: Ahrar Al-Sham's Top Military Commander Resigns
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960724000679

The websites reported that Abu Adnan Zabadani nom de guerre Abu Adnan Zaytoon, the top military commander of Ahrar al-Sham has resigned.

The websites said that Zabadani was appointed by Chief Commander of Ahrar al-Sham Hassan Soufan as the top military commander of the terrorist group one and a half months ago.

Zabadan was previously the Chief Commander of Ahrar al-Sham in the town of al-Zabadani in Damascus province.

The websites said that Zabadani's resignation may derive from the recent incidents in the town of Armanaz that ended in the capture of the town by Al-Nusra Front (Tahrir al-Sham Hay'at or the Levant Liberation Board).

Iranian military authorities have released footage showing Iranian combat drones targeting Islamic State military assets and positions with guided missiles in the eastern Syrian desert near the border with Iraq.

VIDEO: Iranian combat drones blast ISIS militants sky-high in east Syria
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/video-iranian-combat-drones-blast-isis-militants-sky-high-east-syria/

According to sources, the drones belong to the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps – an elite service within the Iranian Armed Forces.

In the video, the Iranian drones target a number of Islamic State positions and technicals (armed pickup trucks) in the eastern Syrian desert region, scoring direct hits.

Based on the footage, the drones – most likely Shahed 129s – appears to be employing TV-guided missiles of a design similar to the US-built Hellfire missile.

The footage serves as evidence of Iran’s growing ability to conduct interdiction strikes against terrorist forces with precision accuracy in air operations that are conducted well outside its borders – all at relatively low cost.

angelburst29 said:
(...)

Excellent Work Ant22 - especially doing a background check on Gniew Eufratu (Wrath of Euphrates) and highlighting an anonymous spokesperson, by the name of Archer!

The article was the first I came across the name Gniew Eufratu, also. I agree with your assessment that Archer's group are U.S. funded mercenaries. They are probably only "one of many small groups of paid mercenaries" across the Middle East, that have been "radicalized" already from social programming and video war games?

General Roman Polko's summary of Gniew Eufratu and Archer - seems like a good description - of radical groups who fantasize war? The self-styled Rambo's, who seek fame and fortune, only make the recruiters job easier, by bringing in more cannon folder for the War Lords?

Thank you for your feedback angelburst29 :flowers: I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to post the results of my findings as Gniew Eufratu is a very small (20 people) and insignificant group. They said on their facebook page that they're not recruiting anymore so it won't get any bigger either.

Some time ago I was reading about Mossad's social media propaganda and infiltration activities and I do wonder whether the objective of this group - and others like them too - isn't "marketing" or public opinion shaping propaganda of some kind.

Here are some examples of SOTT sources that talk about Mossad and social media:

https://www.sott.net/article/261305-Mossad-seeks-new-recruits-via-social-networks

https://www.sott.net/article/286572-Mossad-will-begin-recruiting-agents-online

https://www.sott.net/article/187632-Soros-the-CIA-Mossad-and-the-New-Media-Destabilization-of-Iran

https://www.sott.net/article/282504-Social-Media-is-neutralizing-Israeli-propaganda-Israels-crumbling-media-war

As for Polko's reference to "Superman and Batman" helping Gniew Eufratu, some of their stories do sound a bit hard to believe. Apparently they have a tablet that allows them to contact Americans for help and they'll arrive within 15 minutes. The obvious question to ask here is: how did they establish such connections whilst being a self-funded bunch of volunteers?

There may of course be things I'm not yet aware of and my assessment may have flaws but reading through Archer's stories made me go :rolleyes: pretty often.

The content they post does raise a bit of suspicion - not only mine. A large part of the responses they receive are positive but you can also hear voices pointing out that the narrative doesn't add up or that it all looks a bit too clean for a war frontline. Not to mention that when inconsistencies are pointed out Archer is dismissive or ironic towards the author rather than offering explanation. This is followed by an army of supporters immediately running to defend him but I guess in times of chaos and insecurity people need heroes so desperately that they'll believe whoever offers even a vague illusion of meeting that need.

angelburst29 said:
Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu has commented on the results of the Moscow's operation in Syria aimed to support the government's fight against terrorists amid the ongoing operation in the Deir ez-Zor province.

Russia's Anti-Terrorist Operation in Syria Close to its End - Defense Minister
https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201710161058287447-russia-syria-operation-shoigu/

Russian Defense Minister has said that the Russian military campaign in Syria "is about to be completed."

Shoigu said at a meeting with his Israeli counterpart Avigdor Lieberman that he wants to discuss "several issues that require urgent solutions and discussion of the prospects for further development of the situation in Syria."

Shoigu has arrived on a two-day visit to Israel to discuss issues of Russia-Israel military and military-technical cooperation, as well as regional security problems, including the Syrian conflict.

Shoigu also expressed certainty that the current talks would help "to better understand each other," and contribute to the strengthening of friendly relations between the Russian and Israeli armed forces.

The Russian defense minister's statement comes the next day after the Syrian army established control over the largest Daesh hotbed in the Deir ez-Zor province, the town of al-Mayadeen. The government forces' operation to wipe out remaining terrorists from the province with Russia's aerial support is underway following the lifting of the three-year Daesh siege of the city of Deir ez-Zor in September.

SDF controls decent amount of oil fields on the eastern front of Deir ez-Zor . My guess is they will spread further towards Iraqi border. I read these oil fields are important for Syria. This makes wonder why Russia is saying its military campaign is almost over. That doesn't mean it is over, if past is of any indication. Thye can change course, if needed.

Probably, Russia don't want to directly fight with SDF(aka US). May be they want to handle the situation diplomatically. Situation is very complicated with Turkey on the north side occupying to spoil the US plan B( partially). Syrians want the entire Syria. Syrian Kurds may want their own country. Iraqi Kurds already got what they want. but they are in a land locked region. Situation may not be peaceful for some time after the war is over. Every body will have to face their pains with areas they occupied. Probably, they all will have no choice but to come to negotiation table for some stability. That way, every body will have a say (which Kurds never had) and hopefully, they will settle down with what they want. US can throw what ever monkey wrench it want, but it looks US days are numbered with all the chao's going on its own mainland and shooting itself pretty well (i mean badly). Signs are clear with all Saudi alliance with Russia, dollar decoupling, irritated EU looking towards east etc. Probably, that's why Russians are focusing on other areas like Libya, some news of interest in Myanmar etc. Of course, its all my guess.

Ant22 said:
Thank you for your feedback angelburst29 :flowers: I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to post the results of my findings as Gniew Eufratu is a very small (20 people) and insignificant group. They said on their facebook page that they're not recruiting anymore so it won't get any bigger either.

Some time ago I was reading about Mossad's social media propaganda and infiltration activities and I do wonder whether the objective of this group - and others like them too - isn't "marketing" or public opinion shaping propaganda of some kind.

Here are some examples of SOTT sources that talk about Mossad and social media:

https://www.sott.net/article/261305-Mossad-seeks-new-recruits-via-social-networks

https://www.sott.net/article/286572-Mossad-will-begin-recruiting-agents-online

https://www.sott.net/article/187632-Soros-the-CIA-Mossad-and-the-New-Media-Destabilization-of-Iran

https://www.sott.net/article/282504-Social-Media-is-neutralizing-Israeli-propaganda-Israels-crumbling-media-war

As for Polko's reference to "Superman and Batman" helping Gniew Eufratu, some of their stories do sound a bit hard to believe. Apparently they have a tablet that allows them to contact Americans for help and they'll arrive within 15 minutes. The obvious question to ask here is: how did they establish such connections whilst being a self-funded bunch of volunteers?

There may of course be things I'm not yet aware of and my assessment may have flaws but reading through Archer's stories made me go :rolleyes: pretty often.

The content they post does raise a bit of suspicion - not only mine. A large part of the responses they receive are positive but you can also hear voices pointing out that the narrative doesn't add up or that it all looks a bit too clean for a war frontline. Not to mention that when inconsistencies are pointed out Archer is dismissive or ironic towards the author rather than offering explanation. This is followed by an army of supporters immediately running to defend him but I guess in times of chaos and insecurity people need heroes so desperately that they'll believe whoever offers even a vague illusion of meeting that need.

Actually, I see your work and the information that you gathered - as very significant! I'll try to explain why ...

First, let's look at the article:

Polish mercenaries fight alongside the Kurdish separatists in Syria
http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/10/polish-mercenaries-fight-alongside.html

Photos of the Polish mercenary group “Gniew Eufratu” have recently surfaced on the social media sites.

The group, which is composed of the former Polish soldiers, is reportedly fighting alongside the US-backed Kurdish separatists from the People’s Protection Units (YPG) in northern Syria against ISIS.

It is not known whether the members of the group were/are also active in Donbass.

That's it - the whole banana! The article does contain five photos but I'll get to them in a minute.

Very little "factual" information is given on “Gniew Eufratu” other than - they are a Polish mercenary group and "it is reported" that they are "fighting alongside the US-backed Kurdish separatists from the People’s Protection Units (YPG) in northern Syria against ISIS."

Through your investigation of Gniew Eufratu , you provided an English translation (Wrath of Euphrates) and located a representative of the group,
Archer through Facebook. The brief article doesn't provide that information?

Then, you went a step further, by reviewing the Comments and came across "a key piece of information" - General Roman Polko, former Commander of Grom, Polish Special Forces Unit , who was able to provide additional info. You followed that up - with a video with Archer.

From what I've noticed on social media members of Gniew Eufratu (Wrath of Euphrates) put a lot of emphasis on the fact that they are entirely self-funded and they are fighting IS for moral reasons.

The most vocal one calls himself Archer and his identity remains anonymous. His Facebook profile https://www.facebook.com/ArcherPL/ attracts a lot of attention, yet his version of the nature of the group’s involvement in the Kurdish conflict reads like some sort of a romanticised war movie script. And it is the fact that they so stubbornly claim their operation is entirely self-funded that raises a lot of questions and generates a decent amount of suspicion on social media.

The article states, "The group, which is composed of the former Polish soldiers, is reportedly fighting alongside the US-backed Kurdish separatists from the People’s Protection Units (YPG) in northern Syria against ISIS.

Notice "the timing" of when the article was published and the words, "the Kurdish conflict" which might be a subliminal insertion, in reference to the recent Kurdistan Referendum? And who, next to the Kurds, would benefit and was the first to support the results of the Referendum ... Israel?

Going back to the photos in the article, look at the second one with the two guy's. Why ... a black and white photo? Is it to mask - that neither the guys in uniform or the gun saw any field time but were clean? Reminds me of many of the (fake) White Helmets "staged" photos? Then look at the last photo with the two guys in a Humvee or whatever it is? The interior of the vehicle looks "too clean" including the gun which gives me the impression, the photos are staged prop's.

The SOTT articles you Posted, do give food for thought - that Gniew Eufratu might be a set-up by Israel/Mossad to elicit sympathy to the Kurd's and to promote an Independent State?

They said on their facebook page that they're not recruiting anymore so it won't get any bigger either.

Could that be ... because the Kurdish Referendum ... has been rejected?

It would be interesting, if Gniew Eufratu surfaces again and where that information might lead to?

Israel’s Role in the Cataclysm to Come
https://journal-neo.org/2017/10/07/israel-s-role-in-the-cataclysm-to-come/

Finally, the skeleton is out of the Arab Spring closet via an article in Foreign Policy written by Jonathan Spyer. Israel has been at war for total dominance in the Middle East and, according to the senior research fellow at the Global Research in International Affairs Center (Rubin Center) and Jerusalem Post columnist, Tel Aviv is about to engage in Syria to confront Iran.

All I can say is, if the director of one of Israel’s research centers located at the Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) is right, then the kickoff to Armageddon could be around the corner. For some months now my research and reporting on Syria and the wider crises has revolved around Israel’s role in world affairs. So, with this revelation it seems clear that the gloves will soon come off where Israel as the instigator of crises is concerned. Bibi and Trump meeting in Washington, the role of AIPAC in pressing for sanctions on Russia, Iran and North Korea, and the provocative geostrategic role the Netanyahu government has played equal overwhelming circumstantial proof of the tiny nation’s responsibility for Middle Eastern chaos. Quoting Speyer:

“Israeli officials believe that Iran is winning its bid for dominance in the Middle East, and they are mobilizing to counter the regional realignment that threatens to follow. The focus of Israel’s military and diplomatic campaign is Syria.”

From my point of view, I cannot decide which facet of this news is scarier, the apparent fact that top Israeli analysts now don’t care about public opinion or the possibility that Israel really might go nuclear against Iran. The Foreign Policy article also reveals Israeli motives that have driven international incidents. For instance, with regard to the United States’ initial psychotic episode over chemical weapons that the Assad government was supposed to have used against its own people, those “weapons fears” had nothing whatsoever to do with Syrians. Spyer takes special note of Israeli missions against chemical weapons facilities at Masyaf. Let’s face it, Israel does not fly missions to rescue endangered Arabs. But the acute problem for the Israeli regime is not Assad anymore. Since the Syrian Army with Russian and Iranian assistance has nearly eradicated ISIS, Tel Aviv is worried about the aftermath of the Syrian mess. And about their precious Golan Heights. Quoting FP again:

“Iranian forces now maintain a presence close to or adjoining the Israeli-controlled portion of the Golan Heights and the Quneitra Crossing that separates it from the Syrian-controlled portion of the territory. Israel has throughout the Syrian war noted a desire on the part of the Iranians and their Hezbollah clients to establish this area as a second line of active confrontation against the Jewish state, in addition to south Lebanon.”

The Israeli expert goes on to assert that “Syria hardly exists today”, and proclaims Iran and Russia the “masters” of the war-torn country. The Foreign Policy article lays out in no uncertain terms the essential mindset and strategy Israel has deployed against neighboring enemies and allies alike – even though the author did not intend to do so. By showing what Israel fears most, and in listing in convincing form the geopolitical and military counterweights of Tel Aviv, Spyer betrays the actual intentions of Israel. Read how Israel has worked with rebels inside Syria:

“Israel has developed pragmatic working relations with the local rebel groups who at the moment still control the greater part of the border, such as the Fursan al-Joulan group. This cooperation focuses on treating wounded fighters and civilians, and providing humanitarian aid and financial assistance. There has also probably been assistance in the field of intelligence, though no evidence has yet emerged of direct provision of weapons or direct engagement of Israeli forces on the rebels’ behalf.”

Finally, scanning reports and propaganda from the Rubin Center’s website one finds the Israeli group not just focused regionally. First, we find this Spyer fellow with eyes on Ukraine and the Jewish community there in a piece for Jerusalem Post portraying pro-Russian factions as Nazis. Next, I find it interesting that the Caucasus and Georgia are covered in depth. A story by Mahir Khalifa-zadeh (a veteran of the Kosovo OSCE mission in 1999) from September of 2014 entitled “The South Caucasus: Obama’s Failed Russia “Reset” and the Putin Doctrine in Practice” betrays Israeli geostrategy in the heart of that more distant calamity. A pragmatic person might ask the question here, “Was Israel against a reset of US-Russia relations?” The answer there leads us to new ideas on just “who” is behind the current west-east divide. Quoting from the report:

“Since 2009, under President Barack Obama, the U.S. has pursued a “Russian reset” policy, promising a fresh start to previously tense relations. Yet this policy has failed to improve American interests, particularly in the South Caucasus region, which is strategically important for both Israeli and U.S. policy towards the greater Middle East and the post-Soviet space.”

This report from the Azerbaijani expert touches on US and Israel “energy security”, which also reflects the core catalyst for crisis in these regions. We don’t often read or hear about the so-called Contract of the Century between Azerbaijan and the big oil heavyweights in the west, but this quote frames the issue well:

“The discovery of the Azeri, Chirag, and Guneshli oil fields in that region significantly energized U.S. policy and diplomacy to transform the area into an important source of non-Middle-Eastern energy. Huge Azeri oil and gas reserves also raised the issue of energy transportation routes to bypass Russia.”

Bypassing Russia and Iran, cutting Syria off as a gateway for delivering energy, destroying any semblance of resistance to Israeli power in the region, shoring up America’s dominance in the global scheme – these deals and strategies show tradeoffs that have created massive crises. And the Zionists that run Israel are smack in the middle of all of them. This is no longer arguable. The question remains, “What can we do about it?”

The answer to the question is not a positive one, for in the west the game is pretty much rigged. Citizens are either distracted by local crises, or they are uneducated and apathetic toward global geopolitics. In short, we’re ill prepared to do anything at all. This is one reason why we see globalist magazines like Foreign Policy, and even leading politicians, unafraid to simply lay out the plans. These revelations we are seeing are a consequence of our own indifference, and the solutions to Israeli or US encroachments are not easy for people to accept. Where Tel Aviv is concerned, the only mediation that will get its attention is force. In my opinion, until the international community (or Russia perhaps) slaps Israel down (and hard) these crises will only escalate. Israel had the key role in Arab Spring, and in the regime change targeting Assad and Syria. As a result, millions of people are now displaced or worse. It’s high time that these Zionist autocrats face the music. The alternative will be a cataclysm.

A spy satellite atop an Atlas V rocket blasted off on a classified mission early Sunday morning from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida.

Rocket carrying a 'spy satellite' blasts off from Florida as US launches its second top-secret mission in three weeks
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4984302/Rocket-carrying-spy-satellite-blasts-Florida.html

A spy satellite atop an Atlas V rocket blasted off on a classified mission early Sunday morning from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida.

US officials have not revealed what the satellite will be doing or what its orbit will be, making it the second secret spy craft launched by the country in just three weeks.

Some have suggested it will use sensors to gather data on an enemy's electronic defence network, including radars, surface-to-air missile systems and aircraft.

The satellite, which launched at 3:28am ET (7:28 BST) yesterday, had experienced a week of delays due to poor weather and a faulty transmitter that had to be replaced.

Dubbed NROL-52, the craft was built by the U.S. National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), which operates a fleet of US spy satellites.

As with the NRO's previous satellite launches, the purpose of the mission and its orbit are classified.

The craft lifted off atop a United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V rocket, marking the 26th mission the ULA - a joint venture of Lockheed Martin and Boeing - has provided for the NRO.

It is part of a wider campaign by the United States to ensure their dominance in space.

As the Russian military operation in Syria is "about to conclude," a senior lawmaker has suggested Moscow's presence in the country after active hostilities end.

Russian Military May Temporarily Stay in Syrian De-Escalation Zones - Lawmaker
https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201710171058308438-russia-servicemen-bases-zones/

Apart from Russia's military bases in Tartus and Hmeimim, Russian servicemen for some time may stay in Syrian de-escalation zones, member of Russia's upper house of parliament, the Federation Council, Viktor Ozerov, said Tuesday.

The minister added that this would be possible "if a relevant proposal is received from the Syrian Republic and is considered by the Russian leadership and General Staff."

The statement comes in light of the October 16 announcement by Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, who said that the Russian military campaign in Syria "was about to be completed."

Local sources in Eastern Syria said that a notorious commander of the ISIL terrorist group has left Deir Ezzur province for Turkey, taking away thousands of dollars.

Senior ISIL Commander Escapes from Syria to Turkey with Hefty Amount of Money
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960725000220

The sources said that Mas'ab al-Rashid, a senior commander of ISIL, has left the town of Bu Amro for Turkey, taking with him $200, 000.

Relevant reports said on Monday that the army men drove ISIL out of the town of al-Hosseiniyeh after they took control over the village of al-Salehiyeh earlier this morning.

Military sources confirmed that the army has now laid siege on the ISIL in some Deir Ezzur city neighborhoods after capturing al-Salehiyeh.

Tens of ISIL gunmen were killed or wounded and their military vehicles and equipment were damaged in the operation.

Local sources reported in August that a number of ISIL's notorious commanders, including Abu al-Hawra Tunisi, have escaped from the town of al-Mayadeen in Southeastern Deir Ezzur with $300,000.

Al-Hawra Tunisi was the official in charge of releasing ISIL's statements.

The Al-Nusra Front (Tahrir al-Sham Hay'at or the Levant Liberation Board) handed over an airbase in Idlib province in Northwestern Syria to the Turkish Army troops after arrival of Ankara forces and their allied militants in the province, a Kurdish media outlet reported Tuesday.

Al-Nusra Terrorists Hand over Idlib Military Airport to Turkish Forces
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960725000635

The Kurdish-language Hawar news quoted local sources as saying that the Al-Nusra Front has handed over Taftnaz military airport, known as one of the largest military helicopter bases in Northeastern Idlib, to the Turkish soldiers.

Hawar news further said that the Turkish army men entered the base without any clashes, announcing the base a Turkish military airport after deployment.

In the meantime, media activists said that In the meantime, media activists said that The Turkish Army announced on Friday that it deployed forces and military equipment in Idlib province within the framework of Astana agreement.

The Turkish army announced that Ankara forces were deployed in monitoring checkpoints in the Northwestern Idlib province.

In the meantime, militant-affiliated websites reported that three military convoys of Turkish army vehicles entered territories on the opposite side of Afrin region in Northwestern Idlib.

The websites added that 50 military and armored vehicles arrived in Syrian territories.

The Syrian Arab Army’s elite Tiger Forces successfully completed the final phase of their Al-Mayadeen operation today, liberating the last string of towns and villages on the western bank of the Euphrates between the former ISIS capital and Deir Ezzor city.

Elite Syrian forces liberate all of western Euphrates bank from Deir Ezzor to Al-Mayadeen
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/breaking-elite-syrian-forces-liberate-western-euphrates-bank-deir-ezzor-al-mayadeen/

Just minutes ago, word came in from military sources exclusive to Al-Masdar News that the Tiger Forces cleared the settlements of Muhassan (also spelt Mo Hussan), Bo Lil , Bo Omar and Al-Abd.

These settlements had been bypassed and encircled during the Tiger Forces’ initial offensive push south of Deir Ezzor which saw them liberate Al-Mayadeen city.

By this advance, the Syrian Army has liberated all villages and towns along the western Euphrates bank between Deir Ezzor of Al-Mayadeen.

The Russian Northern Fleet’s anti-submarine warfare ship, the Vice-Admiral Kulakov, has completed its tasks in the Gulf of Aden and the Red Sea, the Fleet’s press service said in a statement.

Russian destroyer leaves Red Sea for Syrian waters
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/russian-destroyer-leaves-red-sea-syrian-waters/

On Tuesday morning, the ship entered the Suez Canal on its way to the Mediterranean Sea.

“The Vice-Admiral Kulakov was active in the southern part of the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden since the end of August. Its main task was to confirm Russia’s constant naval presence in the region and ensure civil maritime security,” the press service said.

The Russian warship escorted several foreign ships flying the flags of Barbados, China and India through the dangerous waters of the southern Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden. During the warship’s mission, there were no reports about pirate attacks on civilian vessels in the region.

In September, the Russian warship entered Oman’s port of Salalah in order to replenish water and food supplies. Besides, the ship was several times refueled by the Kama tanker.

The Vice-Admiral Kulakov left Severomorsk, the main base of the Northern Fleet, on June 29.

On July 30, the ship participated in Russia’s major naval parade off Kronshtadt. After that, the Vice-Admiral Kulakov left the Gulf of Finland with a group of other Russian naval ships.

On August 12 the ship entered the Mediterranean, replenished fuel, water and food supplies on Cyprus and on August 25 moved into the Red Sea through the Suez Canal.

During its current mission, the ship has covered more than 15,000 nautical miles.

Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu stated it is “unacceptable” for Syrian forces to target Israeli jets and Israel will continue to operate “as needed”, in a press statement in Jerusalem on Monday.

It’s unacceptable for Syrian forces to target Israeli jets: Netanyahu
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/unacceptable-syrian-forces-target-israeli-jets-netanyahu/

The statement comes after Syrian forces fired on an Israeli aircraft patrolling in Lebanese airspace.

Israel responded to the attack by targeting a Syrian government anti-aircraft missile launcher 50km (31 miles) east of Damascus.

“Our policy is clear: those who try to harm us we will hit them. Today our planes were under attack, it is unacceptable,” Netanyahu stated.

“The (Israeli) air force acted immediately and precisely, and successfully destroyed the target. Israel will continue to operate in this space, as much as needed in order to protect Israel,” he concluded.

The Israeli Prime minister met with the Russian defense minister to discuss the situation in Syria, as well as the Iran nuclear deal in light of the US decision not to certify the agreement.

Netanyahu at Talks With Shoigu: Israel Will Never Allow Iran's Bases in Syria
https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201710171058306975-israel-iran-netanyahu-shoigu-meeting-nuclear-deal-military-bases/

Israel would not allow Iran's permanent military presence in Syria, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said during talks with Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, adding that Tehran "must understand this."

Commenting on the agenda of his meeting with Shoigu, the Israeli prime minister said that the talks were dedicated to "above all, Iran's attempts to establish military bases in Syria."

Netanyahu earlier stated Israel "will act to prevent Iran from establishing permanent military bases in Syria for its air, sea and ground forces."

The Russian Defense Ministry is yet to comment on Israel's concerns over Iran's actions in Syria. Commeting on the negotiations, the Russian deputy defense minister has said that Shoigu and Netanyahu had "expressed confidence that the meetings held on the Israeli soil will give an additional impetus to the development of Russian-Israeli cooperation."

The Syrian Arab Army (SAA) uncovered a large weapons depot belonging to the so-called Islamic State (ISIS) in the eastern countryside of the Homs Governorate, Syrian state TV reported on Monday.

Syrian Army uncovers Israeli-made weapons in captured ISIS storage facility – video
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-uncovers-israeli-made-weapons-captured-isis-storage-facility-video/

Based on the footage released by Syrian state TV, the captured Islamic State depot in east Homs contained some Israeli manufactured weapons.

Since capturing this depot, the Syrian Arab Army has cleared the last Islamic State pocket in eastern Hama, ending the latter’s presence in this rugged area.

The highest ranking commander for the Islamic State (ISIS) in central Syria was reportedly killed by the Syrian Arab Air Force (SyAAF) inside the historical city of Quraytayn this morning.

ISIS emir of central Syria killed by Syrian airstrike in Quraytayn
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/isis-emir-central-syria-killed-syrian-airstrike-quraytayn/

Syrian national, Bassam Al-Dakhil, was identified as the ISIS emir of central Syria that was killed by the SyAAF in Quraytayn today.

Dakhil was the mastermind behind the recent Islamic State operation to capture Quraytayn from the local government forces in this desert region of the Homs Governorate.

However, since capturing Quraytayn, the terrorist commander has found little success in central Syria, as his forces have been completely surrounded for days.

There was Russia: US are carpet bombing civilians in Raqqa, ruining water sources _http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/10/russia-us-are-carpet-bombing-civilians.html
Russian Defense Ministry Major General Igor Konashenkov said on Saturday that the United States has been conducting carpert bombing over residential areas of the former ISIS capital of Raqqa in Syria's north, damaging water sources in the process.

"Carpet bombing of residential areas accommodated by civilians, which the United States and [the US-led] coalition carry out, along with deliberate destruction of all natural water sources in Raqqa have brought about nothing but several thousand victims among the ‘liberated’ population and vivid examples of that military operation’s faulty planning," he said.

The General highlighted that the the US-backed and Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) are in a "deadlock" with ISIS which is forcing the drastic actions by the US-led coalition.

He then continued by stating that this is in contrast to the rapid advancements that the Syrian Army, backed by Russian airstrikes, are making against the terrorist group in Deir Ezzor countryside, especially with the liberation of al-Mayadin that became the terrorist groups capital following their evacuation from Raqqa.
More chaos thanks to US intervention.

Syrian Army Commander Major General Issam Zahreddin was martyred today in Deir Ezzur after his convoy struck a landmine planted by the ISIL terrorists.

Syrian General Issam Zahreddin Killed in Deir Ezzur Battlefield
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960726001433

The English-language Lebanon-based AMN quoted a military source as saying that General Zahreddin was conducting a special operation at Saqr Island in Deir Ezzur, when his vehicle struck the land mine.

General Zahreddin was the commander of the elite 104th Airborne Brigade of the Republican Guard that fought off the ISIL for several years, while under siege and under-supplied.

The General was born in rural Sweida village of Tarba and was 56 years old at the time of his death.

Syrian people are saying their last goodbyes to their beloved Major General Issam Zahreddine who was martyred earlier today after his vehicle struck a land mine while conducting a special operation in the eastern province of Deir Ez Zour.

Syria says goodbye to its beloved major general (Photos)
http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/10/syria-says-goodbye-to-its-beloved-major.html

Major General Zahreddine was the commander of the elite 104th Airborne Brigade of the Republican Guard and scored several major victories against ISIS and other terrorist groups. His actions changed the course of the Syrian war on multiple occasions.

On September 5th, 2017, the Syrian President Bashar Al Assad congratulated Major General Zahreddine for his role in lifting the 3-year siege of Deir Ez Zour city imposed by ISIS terrorists.

Zahreddine's body has already arrived in his hometown of Tarba in As Suwayda province where he will soon be buried.

The US and the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) have reached an agreement with the ISIL to transfer a number of terrorists to oilfields in Northeastern Deir Ezzur for a new round of combat against government troops in the region, a Syrian media outlet reported on Wednesday.

US Colludes with ISIL to Stop Syrian Army Advances in Deir Ezzur
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960726001154

The Arabic-language al-Watan daily reported that a number of ISIL terrorists have been transferred to the al-Amu oilfield in Northeastern Deir Ezzur 12 km away from the town of al-Mayadeen to slow down the Syrian army advances after striking a deal with the US and the SDF.

In the meantime, al-Alam news website quoted sources as saying that the US has paved the way for the ISIL terrorists to leave the villages of al-Hosseiniyeh and al-Salehiyeh for the al-Amr oilfield.

Field reports said that despite rumors by the US-led coalition, the ISIL terrorists have not been transferred to al-Tabaqa prison in Raqqa or Ein al-Arab (Kobani) in Northern Syria.

The reports said that a large number of former ISIL gunmen have deployed to Hasaka neighborhoods, mainly in Qariwan, with the assistance of the Kurdish units, adding that the former members of the ISIL have been transferred to Hasaka along with civilians from Eastern Deir Ezzur, Mabroukeh camp and al-Sad region in Southern Hasaka.

A tribal leader in Eastern Syria said in late September that hundreds of ISIL militants joined the SDF amid intensifying tension between the Syrian Army troops and the US-backed SDF in Deir Ezzur province.

Sheikh Mohammad Amlah al-Daham, the leader of al-Akidat tribe that is one of the largest tribes in Syria as saying that almost 500 ISIL gunmen that had fled the battlefields joined the SDF in the town of al-Shaddadi in Southern Hasaka amid the Syrian Army troops' rapid advances in Deir Ezzur.

Al-Daham further said that the SDF in cooperation with Washington were to take control over Syria's oil and other resources, adding, "We, Syrian tribe-men, do not believe in the SDF and the US as they just want to hoist SDF's flag in the country."

The Syrian Army troops are getting ready to cross the Euphrates River to liberate ISIL-held oilfields in Eastern Deir Ezzur, military sources confirmed on Wednesday.

Syrian Army Preparing to Free Key Oilfields on Eastern Bank of Euphrates River
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960726001207

The sources said the army's elite Tiger Forces will lead an imminent operation to cross to the Eastern Euphrates bank South of al-Busayrah region to move directly towards the al-Amr oilfields.

Relevant reports said on Tuesday that the army forces managed to seize control over three main strongholds of the ISIL terrorists in Southeastern Deir Ezzur.

The sources said that the army men drove ISIL out of the towns of Mouhassan, Bu Leil and Bu Amr between Deir Ezzur city and the newly-liberated town of al-Mayadeen.

The Turkish Army has asked Al-Nusra Front (Tahrir al-Sham Hay'at or the Levant Liberation Board) to hand over control over several strategic bases in Idlib province, well-informed forces disclosed on Wednesday.

Turkish Army Calls on Terrorists to Hand over Several Key Bases in Northern Syria
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960726000542

The sources said that Turkey has called on Al-Nusra to transfer control of Abu al-Dhohour airport to the Ankara forces after the army entered Idlib province and seized control over Taftnaz base yesterday.

Ankara has also called on Al-Nusra to deliver al-Doweileh air-defense base West of Idlib to the Turkish army.

The sources further said that talks between the Turkish army and Al-Nusra are underway because the bases are the most important positions of Fatah al-Sham Front with large depots of ammunition.

Turkey intends to use Abu al-Dhohour base and other airports for easier transfer of forces and military equipment.

In the meantime, Ankara has picked up several crucially important bases, including al-Mastoumeh, Wadi al-Sheif and al-Ikara to call for their handover in later stage.

The Kurdish-language Hawar news quoted local sources as saying on Tuesday that the Al-Nusra Front handed over Taftnaz military airport, known as one of the largest military helicopter bases in Northeastern Idlib, to the Turkish soldiers.

Hawar news further said that the Turkish army men entered the base without any clashes, announcing the base a Turkish military airport after deployment.

In the meantime, media activists said that the Turkish forces are about to do the same with Wadi al-Zeif base and Abu al-Dhohour airbase in Idlib province.

In their ongoing Beit Jinn offensive operation near the Israeli border, pro-government forces are now on the verge of liberating a key stronghold used by Al-Qaeda-linked militants of the Ha’yat Tahrir al-Sham (formerly Jabhat al-Nusra).

Major Al-Nusra stronghold near Israeli border almost captured by Syrian Army
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/breaking-major-al-nusra-stronghold-near-israeli-border-almost-captured-syrian-army/

Today, the Syrian Arab Army, supported by local fighters from the National Defence Forces, struck at Ha’yat Tahrir al-Sham defenses south of the strategic town of Beit Jinn (the terrorist group’s main stronghold in the western Rif Dimashq region), advancing under cover of heavy artillery bombardment.

After hours of clashes, pro-government forces managed to fight their way up to the top of Tal Bard’ayyah – key piece of high-ground overlooking Beit Jinn.

By this advance, Syrian forces have secured a certain degree of fire control over Beit Jinn and are now just within several kilometers of the town.

With this development, Israeli aircraft – acting in support of terrorist proxies on the ground – are expected to conduct attacks against pro-government forces. Already, Israeli sources are claiming that a Syrian Army artillery round landed inside the occupied Golan Heights region – this is the standard excuse used by Israeli forces to conduct air attacks against the Syrian Army.

The Russian Defense Ministry tested a new missile for the Iskander short-range missile system at the Kapustin Yar testing ground in Southern Russia’s Astrakhan Region, the testing range’s chief Maj. Gen. Oleg Kislov has told reporters.

Russian Defense Ministry Tests New Missile for Iskander Short-Range System
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960726001322

"Among the most significant events recently held [at the training ground] is the completion of inter-departmental trials of a new missile for the Iskander missile system," Kislov said, TASS reported.

He said the number of tests at Kapustin Yar has increased as compared to previous years.

"In addition, intense effort is under way to modernize the training ground’s testing facilities, new facilities are being built and the old ones are being modernized," the official added.

The Iskander-M is designed to destroy targets such as missile systems and multiple rocket launchers, long-range artillery, command posts and communication centers, as well as aircraft and helicopters stationed at airfields at a distance of up to 500 kilometers.

Reports said the US Defense Secretary James Mattis has wrote in a letter in attempt to convince Congress to cut “excess infrastructure” from the US military that nearly one-fifth of all military property are unnecessary.

Pentagon Estimate Says US Military Not in Need of 19% of Property
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960726001305

“I must be able to eliminate excess infrastructure in order to shift resources to readiness and modernization,” Mattis wrote to Congress on October 6. The letter was released Tuesday by House Armed Services Committee vice chairman Rep. Adam Smith (D-Washington), Washington Examiner reported.

Mattis estimates that 19 percent of US military properties worldwide may be dispensable, a figure cited in a Pentagon report urging a Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) review. The estimate is based on the military's needs in 2012. A BRAC review would assess how what Pentagon has matches its current needs, and could potentially bring about base closures by the 2020s, the Examiner said.

However, the recommendation has repeatedly faced obstacles in the legislature. While getting rid of excess assets could save up billions over the long run, its opponents argue that the immediate costs the closures will incur could outweigh the long-term savings. Even if the benefits are greater, some lawmakers are worried they might take quite a while to come about: for example, the last round of BRAC took place in 2005, and it is only expected to start generating savings next year.

Another concern is that of local communities, which benefit from the money the Defense Department pours into developing the local military bases and surrounding infrastructure.

Not all branches in the US military are equally excessive, Smith said. Factored in the average 19 percent figure are the Army with 29 percent "unneeded" assets and the Air Force with 28 percent.

Across all its services and agencies, the Defense Department possesses almost 5,000 military sites around the world, according to its Base Structure Report for fiscal year 2015.

The family of a dead Pakistani-American filed a lawsuit against the US Marine Corps seeking damages in excess of $100 million after the 20-year-old died mysteriously during the second week of boot camp.

Dead Muslim Marine Recruit’s Family Sues US Marine Corps Over Hazing
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960726001163

Recruit Rahell Siddiqui died in March 2016 after falling down three flights of stairs at Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island in South Carolina. The Corps maintains Siddiqui committed suicide but the family has disputed this finding, Sputnik reported.

Born in Taylor, Michigan, a town of about 60,000 people in the Eastern part of the state, the Muslim Siddiqui was ridiculed by drill instructors as a “terrorist,” according to a military investigation into the young man’s death.

One instructor, apparently inebriated at the time, ordered the recruit to be placed in a dryer that would otherwise be used for finishing up laundry, according to the probe. The Michigan native suffered burns after the dryer was turned on by the instructor several times as he interrogated the young man about whether he was a "terrorist" who was "part of 9/11."

The lawsuit, filed October 16 in the US District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, alleges that the service “fostered a culture of abuse and hazing,” was negligent “on multiple levels of command,” and ultimately is liable for the recruit’s death as a result of “recurrent physical and verbal abuse of recruits by drill instructors, with a noted insufficiency of oversight and supervision.”

The drill instructor, Gunnery Sgt. Joseph Felix, faces a court martial starting October 30, according to Military.com. Felix’s supervisor, Lt. Col. Joshua Kisson, was mentioned in the preliminary investigation as bearing liability since he kept Felix on as Siddiqui’s drill instructor even though the gunnery sergeant was already under investigation for putting another Muslim through the dryer treatment in a previous incident.

Up to 20 officials on Parris Island face administrative and potential criminal charges for their complicity in the culture of hazing. The USMC has denied that it promotes needless abuse. “Everything we do has to have intent,” Maj. Steven Allshouse said in May, adding that all training activities must have a specified purpose, not simply disorienting recruits for the sake of disorienting them.

Siddiqui graduated with the best grades of his high school, earning the coveted designation of valedictorian, and told his loved ones before shipping to boot camp he wouldn’t quit “no matter how hard it is,” according to the family. They say he never had a history of mental illness that might make him inclined to kill himself.

Parris Island gained a bad reputation in 1956 when an instructor walked his platoon into a swamp where six trainees died. It was also featured in Stanley Kubrick’s 1987 film, “Full Metal Jacket,” as a place home to sadistic instructors.

The Israeli spin on latest incident:

Israeli reconnaissance planes flying over Lebanon come under rare fire from Syria ■ Israel updated Russia hours ahead of visit by Putin's defense minister.

Israel Strikes Deep in Syria After Missile Targets Israeli Air Force Planes Over Lebanon Oct 16, 2017
_https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.817472

The Israeli army attacked an anti-aircraft battery in Syria, near Damascus, Monday after it fired a missile targeting Israel Air Force planes.

The attack was prompted by the launch of an SA5-type missile at Israeli reconnaissance planes. The Syrian missile did not hit its Israeli targets but the Israel Defense Forces decided to hit the battery, the army said.

The army targeted the battery with four bombs and, according to the IDF, the battery was damaged to the extent it was no longer operational. The army said the battery targeted was the same that fired at Israeli jets last March, prompting Israel make use of its Arrow anti-missile system for the first time.

The Syrian military warned of "dangerous consequences" following the rare strike, claiming that they successfuly hit an Israeli jet during the strike. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu responded to the strike, saying that "today they attempted to hit our planes," calling the incident "unacceptable." He added that "if anyone attempts to harm us, we will harm them back."

Israel believes Syrian forces fired out of assumption that the Israeli planes intended to attack. The Israeli army spokesperson told reporters that the planes were instead on a reconnaissance mission in Lebanon, photographing sites for Israeli intelligence.

"The Syrian regime is responsible for any firing from its territory. We see this incident as a clear provocation and we will not allow it," said Ronen Manlis, an IDF spokesperson in a briefing with reporters.

"If anti-aircraft fire is being carried out for any military activity, we will respond as we did now," he said.

The Syrian missiles were fired at IDF planes on a routine photographic mission that flew into Lebanese territory, an area under the protection of Syrian missiles. The Israeli army says that they are prepared for the possibility of Syrian retaliation, but do see the incident is an escalation.

Before striking Syria, the IDF says it notified Russia of its intentions. The attack comes hours before Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoygu will arrive in Israel for an official and he will meet with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman, who is hosting him.

In September, the Israeli military struck a chemical arms plant in Syria, foreign media reports claimed at the time. The Syrian army general command confirmed in a statement the attack on what they called a military facility, and said that two people were killed and extensive damage was caused. Israel refused to comment on the reports.

Israel has attacked convoys bringing arms to Hezbollah and groups on several Israeli fronts dozens of times over the last five years, a top Israeli military commander confirmed for the first time two weeks ago.

The number of Israeli attacks on such convoys since 2012 is approaching triple digits, Maj. Gen. Amir Eshel, the outgoing commander of the Israel Air Force, told Haaretz.

It looks that the Israeli “demonstration of power” during the recent visit of Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu has turned into a total failure.

Israel Is Hiding That Its State-Of-Art F-35 Warplane Was Hit By Syrian S-200 Missile – Reports
https://southfront.org/israel-hiding-state-art-f-35-warplane-hit-syrian-s-200-missile-reports/

On October 16, Shoigu arrived Israel for meetings with Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
The sides were reportedly set to discuss the situation in the region, including Syria, the fight against terrorism as well as military and technical cooperation.

At the same day, the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) claimed that its warplanes targeted an anti-aircraft battery of the Syrian Air Defense Forces that had launched a missile at Israeli aircraft flying over Lebanon.

At the same day, the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) claimed that its warplanes targeted an anti-aircraft battery of the Syrian Air Defense Forces that had launched a missile at Israeli aircraft flying over Lebanon.

“The army targeted the battery with four bombs and, according to the IDF, the battery was damaged to the extent it was no longer operational. The army said the battery targeted was the same that fired at Israeli jets last March, prompting Israel make use of its Arrow anti-missile system for the first time,” the Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported on the issue.

The Syrian military confirmed the Israeli strikes and said that they caused “material damage.”

It’s interesting to note that, according to the Syrian Defense Ministry statement, Israeli warplanes violated Syria’s airspace on the border with Lebanon in Baalbek area. The incident took place at 8:51 am local time.

Could the Israeli Air Force intentionally provoke the reaction from the Syrian military in order to justify the strike on the Syrian air defense battery?

Furthermore, some pro-Israeli experts and media activists clearly linked the incident with the visit of the Russian defense minister to Tel Aviv saying that it was a nice demonstration of power to the Russian-Iranian-Syrian alliance. However, something went wrong.

According to the available information, the Syrian Defense Forces used a S-200 missile against the Israeli warplane. This Soviet-made missile is the most advanced long range anti-aircraft system opearated by the Syrian military. Even in this case, it’s old-fashioned in terms of the modern warfare.

Despite this, the Syrian Defense Ministry said in its statement that government forces responded to the violation of the airspace and “directly hit one of the jets, forcing [Israeli aircraft] to retreat.” This statement contradicts to the Israeli claim that “no hit” was confirmed.

Few hours after the missile incident with Syria, the Israeli media reported that the Israeli Air Force’s F-35 stealth multirole fighter went unserviceable as a result of an alleged bird collision during a training flight.

The incident allegedly took place “two weeks ago” but was publicly reported only on October 16. However, Israeli sources were not able to show a photo of the F-35 warplane after the “bird collision”.

Furthermore, it is not clear if the F-35 can become operational again because its stealth coating was damaged. Thus, according to the Israeli version, the warplane reportedly became no longer operational after the bird collision despite the fact that the F-35 earlier passed the bird strike certification with great results (official info here). The F-35 is the world’s most expensive warplane. The price of developing the F-35 is now about $406.5 billion.

Israel is actively buying the world’s self-proclaimed most advanced fighter paying about $100 million for each plane.

So what did really hit the F-35?

The chairman of the Chiefs of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces says Israel cannot be allowed to violate Syrian territory at will.

Iran: Israel cannot be allowed to target Syria at will
http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2017/10/18/539029/Iran-Major-General-Baqeri-Syria-Israel-military-attacks

“It is not acceptable for the Zionist regime (Israel) to violate Syria via land or air whenever it pleases,” Major General Mohammad Baqeri said in the Syrian capital of Damascus on Wednesday. He was speaking alongside Chief of the General Staff of the Syrian Arab Army General Ali Abdullah Ayyoub.

The Israeli military conducts strikes against Syria-based targets on a regular basis, most of the time claiming that it hits convoys destined for the Lebanese resistance movement of Hezbollah. Hezbollah fighters have been assisting the Syrian army in its fight against Takfiri militants.

Israel has been offering medical treatment to the extremist militants wounded on the battlefields in Syria in field hospitals in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.

On a request from Damascus, Iran has been offering the Syrian government advisory military support against the foreign-backed militancy that started in the country in 2011.

In his Wednesday remarks, Major General Baqeri said he was in Syria to declare that Tehran is by Damascus’ side in the fight against terror.

“The Islamic Republic considers respect for the regional countries’ territorial integrity to be a principle,” Baqeri said. “We believe that whenever a country should seek to conduct military operations inside another one, it should do so while respecting that country’s territorial integrity and at its invitation.”

‘Turkish forces unwelcome’ - General Ali Abdullah Ayyoub said for his part that the contingents of Turkish forces deployed to Syria are there illegally. He said the Turkish forces are not in Syria according to a deal reached on de-escalation zones in a peace process in the Kazakh capital of Astana — unlike what Ankara has said.

He said the Turkish military presence in Syria was also against international law and norms and Syria was “entitled to confront the Turkish forces on our soil in whatever fashion [that we deem necessary].”

Iran and Russia — which is another Damascus ally — have been mediating talks between the Syrian government and opposition, alongside Turkey in the Kazakh capital since early this year.

The talks have led to the designation of four de-escalation zones across Syria. Turkish troops recently marched into the Idlib Province in northwestern Syria, where one of the zones is located.

Turkey has said the deployment is warranted under the agreements in Astana.

Ayyoub also said that the terrorist groups operating in Syria were nearing their demise and that the United States’ support would not help sustain them.

[quote author= article angelburst29]Furthermore, it is not clear if the F-35 can become operational again because its stealth coating was damaged. Thus, according to the Israeli version, the warplane reportedly became no longer operational after the bird collision despite the fact that the F-35 earlier passed the bird strike certification with great results (official info here). The F-35 is the world’s most expensive warplane. The price of developing the F-35 is now about $406.5 billion.

Israel is actively buying the world’s self-proclaimed most advanced fighter paying about $100 million for each plane.

So what did really hit the F-35?[/quote]

Well, the F35 doesn't need to get hit by a missile to get out of service. It is perfectly capable of retiring itself out of the line of duty well before it's expiration date.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201709261057691172-pentagon-considering-retiring-f35-early/
Pentagon Considering Retiring 100 F-35s Before They Ever Fly

Still I can imagine that Israel would first want to test the F35 in real combat before buying it. Perhaps it did get by a Syrian missile.

If it did, I doubt Israel will be willing to purchase more. That's said, they are not the ones really buying it. It's the US who is giving billions in aid to the Israeli war machine each year.

Putin's opening speech at the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) conference held in Russia is the "calm before the storm!" The Israel delegation is getting their "Butt handed to them!" Not only, due to the Palestinian situation but Israel's illegal occupation of the Golan Height's. The U.S. and U.K. are both getting sharp backlash, for their complicity in supporting Israel.

World's top politicians are speaking at the 14th annual meeting of the Valdai Discussion Club that is currently being held in the southern Russian resort city of Sochi.

Last Day of 14th Valdai Club Meeting (VIDEO) Video and outlined transcript.
https://sputniknews.com/russia/201710191058371503-putin-valdai-discussion-club-sochi/

A high-ranking Kuwaiti lawmaker furiously told an Israeli delegation to immediately leave a conference in Russia.

Kuwaiti Lawmaker Tells Israeli Delegation to Leave IPU Conference
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960727000396

During an Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) conference held in Russia on Wednesday, Kuwaiti National Assembly Speaker Marzouq al-Ghanim responded to an Israeli parliament representative's comments about imprisoned Palestinian lawmakers by telling the regime's delegation to leave, presstv reported.

“The saying ‘if you have no shame do as you please’ applies to the comments made by this rapist Israeli parliament,” Ghanim said.

“You should grab your bags and leave this hall as you have witnessed the reaction of every honorable parliament around the world,” he added.

“Leave now if you have one ounce of dignity, you occupier, you murderer of children,” he added.

Following his remarks, the Israeli delegation left the talks amidst the applause of those present at the assembly.

The head of the delegation of the Palestinian National Council at the IPU, Azzam al-Ahmad, said Ghanim’s remarks voiced the thoughts of all the Arab nations.

“Ghanim’s words in front of the delegates shine a light on the wounds Palestinians have suffered,” he said.

Syria’s permanent representative to the UN, Bashar al-Jafari stressed that the support provided to Israel by the Security Council permanent member states makes it become arrogant in the region and perpetrate war crimes and crimes against humanity.

Syria's Jafari: Support Made Israel Arrogant in Region
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960727000476

During a UNSC session on the situation in the Middle East, Al-Jafari reaffirmed Syria’s sovereign right to the occupied Syrian Golan till the line of June 4th, 1967, stressing that this right is not subject to negotiation or concession and the usurped rights will be completely restored to their legitimate owners with the Israeli settlers’ having to leave our land sooner or later, SANA reported.

“We will not give up our right of restoring our occupied land and will liberate our citizens under the Israeli occupation in the Syrian Golan by all means including the international law Charter and principles and the UNSC resolutions,” he noted.

Al-Jaafari clarified that the suspicious international and UN silence on the Israeli policies and exercises encouraged it to go far in violating the agreement of Separation of Forces and the UNSC resolutions through providing all forms of support to the armed terrorist groups in the Separation Zone in the occupied Syrian Golan including al-Nusra front and ISIL. “It facilitates the terrorists’ capture of UNDUF sites in a way that threatens lives of the forces as members of Fijian and Filipino units were kidnapped.”

He stressed that “Israel” went to the extreme in providing all forms of direct and indirect support to ISIL terrorists as it launched repetitive strikes on the Syrian territories in support of the terrorist groups.

Al-Jafari expressed wonder over the British Envoy’s speech where he exposed “the British governments’ pride” for issuing the Balfour Declaration.

Syria’ permanent representative to the UN pointed out to the resolution that determines the terms of accepting the membership of “Israel” in the United nations, with “Israel’s” not complying to the international resolutions stipulating for the establishment of a Palestinian state and the return of the Palestinian refugees to their home.

“Syria believes that there is still a historical responsibility for the UNSC by correcting the track of the compass through adopting prompt procedures of putting an end to the Israeli occupation of the Arab territories including the occupied Syrian Golan,” Jafari concluded.

Russia’s Ambassador to the UN, Vasily Nebenzya leveled sharp criticism at Israel and the US for ignoring the Palestinian problem in the course of debates on Middle East peace settlement at the UN Security Council.

Russian Ambassador Rebukes US, Israel for Ignoring Palestinian Problem
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960727000620

As he took the floor at the meeting, he warned that in the absence of a peace process on the political horizon in the region, a dangerously explosive potential was accumulating there and it could produce an explosion at any moment, TASS reported.

Israeli ambassador Danny Danon and US ambassador Nikki Haley bypassed the Palestinian issue in their speeches and concentrated on other issues.

The Israeli diplomat tried on the role of an arbiter by reading out the charges with global support for terrorism, encroachments on human rights, instigation of anti-Semitism.

Nabenzya made a reminder to his Israeli and US counterparts that the theme of the meeting was the situation in the Middle East inclusive of the Palestinian issue.

"Russia is openly concerned by the fact the Israeli and US delegations didn’t even utter the word ‘Palestine’," he said. "This is alarming and saddening because we don’t see any progress whatsoever in the field of Israeli-Palestinian settlement and, more than that, we don’t here even references to it - something that doesn’t inspire optimism by any means," Nebenzya said.

Turbulent events in the Middle East and North Africa, as well as the new threats and challenges "shouldn’t overshadow the priority of solution of the Palestinian problem that has a fundamental character for long-term normalization in the region," he said.

Nebenzya called for building up international efforts in a search of ways out of the Middle East impasse and stressed the preeminent character of the resumption of direct talks between Palestine and Israel. In this light, he recalled Russia’s proposal to host a summit of Israeli and Palestinian leaders.

The Palestinian resistance movement, Hamas, has blasted the US of “blatant interference” in Palestinian affairs after Washington said the Gaza-based group should disarm under an emerging Palestinian unity government.

Hamas Censures ‘Blatant US Interference’ in Palestinian Reconciliation Efforts
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960727000790

US President Donald Trump’s special representative for international negotiations, Jason Greenblatt, said on Thursday that any Palestinian government must, among other things, recognize Israel and disarm Hamas, which has defended Gaza against three bloody Israeli wars over the past decade, presstv reported.

In response to the comments, senior Hamas official Bassem Naim accused the US government of “blatant interference in Palestinian affairs,” stressing that “it is the right of our people to choose its government according to their supreme strategic interests.”

Naim said Greenblatt was bowing to pressure from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s right-wing administration.

“This statement comes under pressure from the extreme right-wing Netanyahu government and is in line with the Netanyahu statement from two days ago,” he added.

Naim was referring to a Tuesday statement by Netanyahu’s cabinet, saying Tel Aviv would not engage in negotiations with a future Palestinian unity government that has the backing of Hamas.

Both rival Palestinian factions, Hamas and Ramallah-based Fatah, were quick to brush off Netanyahu’s threats, with the Palestinian Authority (PA) saying such a hostile stance would not affect the nation’s resolve to pursue its goals.

Fatah Party, led by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, and Hamas have been at odds ever since the latter scored a landslide victory in Palestinian parliamentary elections in 2006. Hamas governs the Gaza Strip while Fatah has set up offices in the West Bank.

Last week, however, Fatah and Hamas signed a provisional unity agreement in the Egyptian capital, Cairo, in which the latter agreed to dissolve its administrative committee in Gaza.

Following a fresh round of Egypt-brokered unity talks, rival Palestinian factions reach a unity deal that would end a 10-year political rifts between them.

The ongoing Hamas-Fatah negotiations are taking place within the framework of a 2011 agreement between the two sides, under which 3,000 Fatah security officers would join a Gaza police force over the course of a year.

Under that deal, Hamas’ 25,000-strong armed wing, Ezzedine al-Qassam, which has defended Gaza against three deadly Israeli wars over the past decade, would maintain its position. The resistance group has said the force is non-negotiable.

Russian senators presented a list of five US-based media outlets, including CNN, whose activities in Russia could be restricted in response to a requirement to have the American branch of Russia’s state-funded RT television channel register as a foreign agent.

Russia Prepares to Blacklist Five 'Undesirable' US Media Outlets
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960727000509

The US Justice Department has asked that the Kremlin-backed RT adhere to a 1930s foreign agent registration law over concerns of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential elections. Russian prosecutors are examining the possibility of labeling US outlets as “undesirable” in response, Moscow Times reported.

A source in the Federation Council, Russia’s upper house of parliament, told the RBC business outlet that its committee on state sovereignty has blacklisted at least five US media organizations.

The list includes CNN, Voice of America and Radio Liberty, the source said. The names of the two other outlets have not been disclosed.

State sovereignty committee member Oleg Morozov told RBC that the list includes outlets that “receive foreign funding” and “interfere in Russia’s domestic policy.”

Morozov said the measures would reciprocate steps taken against Kremlin-funded RT and Radio Sputnik in the US, including limiting broadcasts and terminating existing contracts.

“If they take control of Russian employees’ personal data, we will take control of the corresponding foreign media employees’ personal data,” he added.

The news comes a week after senators reportedly proposed to cut US media organizations to equal the number of Russian outlets in the US.

Federation Council state sovereignty committee head Andrei Klimov named CNN, Radio Liberty and Voice of America as likely targets to face the axe in Russia.

Other outlets at risk are The Washington Post, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and Radio Liberty’s Crimean project, according to diplomatic sources cited by the pro-Kremlin Izvestia daily.

Putin and Netanyahu discuss Syria, Iran and Kurdistan referendum in a phone call Thurs. October 19, 2017
http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/10/putin-and-netanyahu-discuss-syria-iran.html

Russian President Vladimir Putin and his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu held a telephone conversation during which they discussed the Syria issue, the situation surrounding Iran’s nuclear program and the results of the referendum in Iraqi Kurdistan in a telephone conversation, the Kremlin press service said in a statement.

"There was a thorough discussion of ways to resolve the Syrian crisis, the situation surrounding Iran’s nuclear program and the results of the referendum in Iraqi Kurdistan," the statement reads.

They also discussed pressing issues concerning Russian-Israeli cooperation.

The Kremlin revealed that the telephone conversation was initiated by Israel.

Syrian security chief Ali Mamluk, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov and the PKK leader Murat Karayılan met today in the northen Syrian city of Qamishli.

Syrians, Russians and Kurds discuss Kurdish question and the US bases in Syria (Map)
http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/10/syrians-russians-and-kurds-discuss.html

The three main issues that were discussed at the meeting were the future of the YPG, the future of US bases, located in the YPG-occupied areas, and a political solution to the Kurdish question in Syria.

The first solid step was already taken by the YPG as the group decided to hand over the control of Konoko gas company to the Russian forces in the eastern province of Deir Ez Zour.

A Chechen advisor was also present at the meeting, in particularly with the purpose to discuss extradition and other things related to Chechen terrorists in northern Syria.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has said he regrets that relations between Russia and the US are not cordial but emphasized that it was not Moscow's fault.

Putin regrets bad relations with the US, says it's not Moscow's fault
http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/10/putin-regrets-bad-relations-with-us.html

"Unfortunately, our relations have gone into a freeze," he told the Eastern Economic Forum on Saturday.

"I believe, this is not our fault," he continued.

“It is quite possible to unilaterally pull out of the anti-missile defense treaty and build up this system while using the pretext of an Iranian nuclear threat. However, once it disappears, once the Iranian nuclear threat is gone, they act as if everything has been forgotten and continue developing that system in spite of everything. On the other hand, if our counterparts see it from a different point of view, the logic of respecting mutual interests - one another’s interests - then our relations could change fundamentally,” Putin explained.

Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu discussed with UN Special Envoy for Syria Staffan de Mistura prospects of settling crisis in Syria through political means.

Shoigu, de Mistura discuss prospects of political settlement of Syrian crisis
http://sana.sy/en/?p=116090

After meeting Shoigu in Moscow on Wednesday, de Mistura said in a statement that the meeting was useful and positive atmosphere prevailed as there was a significant chance at the suitable time to discuss prospects of moving from stage of de-escalation zones in Syria to the political settlement.

He underlined importance of time factor and of continuing talks in framework of Astana before holding the regular meeting at the Kazakh capital.

For his part, Shoigu affirmed importance of work with UN representatives to continue implementation of its resolutions which stipulate for subsequent steps to settle situation in Syria whether according to Astana meetings or in framework of Geneva Conference.

“Doubtlessly, it is important for us to work with a close cooperation and full coordination with all bodies concerned, and in first place the UN, and to follow up issues related to settling the situation whether according to Astana scenario or through the work in Geneva,” Shoigu said.

The Israeli Air Force bombed the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) inside the Golan Heights this evening after accusing them of shelling the occupied areas.

Breaking: Israel bombs Syrian Army in Golan Heights amid new advance against Al-Qaeda 19/10/2017
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/breaking-israel-bombs-syrian-army-golan-heights-amid-new-advance-al-qaeda/

According to the Syrian Army’s 90th Brigade, an Israeli warplane bombed the SAA’s positions at the town of Qaws Al-Sandiyanah, which is located approximately 1km south of Harfah.

As a result of the Israeli airstrike, the Syrian Army’s 130mm field artilley gun was destroyed – no casualties reported.

The Israeli airstrike comes just hours after the Syrian Army advanced against the Al-Qaeda linked Hay’at Tahrir Al-Sham terrorist group in the Beit Jinn pocket of the Golan Heights.

The high command of the Syrian Arab Army is re-directing an elite unit to the front-lines near the Israeli-occipued Golan region as part of an ongoing effort to crush a large pocket held by Al-Qaeda-linked militants.

Elite Syrian troops sent to crush Al-Qaeda pocket near Israeli border once and for all 19/10/2017
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/elite-syrian-troops-sent-crush-al-qaeda-pocket-near-israeli-border/

Reports have come in that the 4th Armoured Division’s security office unit is being deployed to western Rif Dimashq province to support other Syrian Army forces currently engaged in a major battle with Ha’yat Tahrir al-Sham (Syrian Al-Qaeda affiliate) militants throughout the Beit Jinn region.

According to military sources, 4th Armoured Division’s security office troops are specially trained in urban warfare and close-quarters combat.

To this end it is expected that the unit will play a major role in storming Ha’yat Tahrir al-Sham occupied towns within the Beit Jinn pocket including the strategic town of Beit Jinn itself – a major stronghold of the terrorist group.

This development comes after pro-government forces made a big advance in the Beit Jinn pocket yesterday, gaining control of a strategic hill top in the region.

The Syrian Arab Army’s armored corps had a rough time in western Rif Dimashq province yesterday, losing six tanks of various types to terrorist forces over the course of 24 hours.

West Ghouta: Al-Qaeda terrorists knock-out six Syrian Army tanks in one day 19/10/2017
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/west-ghouta-al-qaeda-terrorists-knock-six-syrian-army-tanks-one-day/

Yesterday, pro-government forces – namely the Syrian Arab Army and the National Defence Forces – achieved a major breakthrough against Al-Qaeda-linked militants south of the strategic town of Beit Jinn in far West Ghouta. However, the advance came at a serious cost in armor.

According to Ha’yat Tahrir al-Sham (Syrian Al-Qaeda affiliate), the terrorist group’s tank hunter teams knocked out 5 Syrian Army tanks and a Shilka (armored self-propelled anti-aircraft gun).

Al-Masdar News is unable to confirm if Ha’yat Tahrir al-Sham’s claim is true or not.

The Beit Jinn stronghold is the last terrorist pocket present in the western countryside of Rif Dimashq (Damascus) province. Despite being flanked on three-side by pro-government forces, one end of the militant-held area sits directly on the border with Israel from whom Al-Qaeda fighters receive medical aid, weapons and, sometimes, air support.

In any case, the Syrian Army is currently in the midst of a major operation to clear the region of terrorists and release additional forces for service closer to the Syrian capital and around northern Quneitra province.

angelburst29 said:
Kuwaiti Lawmaker Tells Israeli Delegation to Leave IPU Conference
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960727000396

Kuwaiti lawmaker tells Israeli delegation to leave IPU conference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-lYSjh0MJc (0:46 min. - English translated)

Russia just invaded Serbia! Their planes are flying above Belgrade! :scared:

Serbia Capital Set for Russian-Flavoured Liberation Day

Serbia is celebrating Belgrade's WWII Liberation Day on Friday with a military display featuring Russian jets, which Russia's defence minister will attend.

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/serbian-capital-set-for-liberation-day-10-19-2017

TASS: Military & Defense - Russia stands by promise to deliver six MiG-29 fighter jets to Serbia

BELGRADE, October 20. /TASS/. Russia has kept its promise to deliver six Mikoyan MiG-29 fighters to Serbia, which was timed to coincide with the 73rd anniversary of the liberation of Belgrade from Nazi Germany, Russian Defense Minister Army General Sergei Shoigu said.

The Russian defense minister made this statement at a meeting with his Serbian counterpart Aleksandar Vulin.

"In August, when you were in Moscow, I promised that by the time of this celebration the planes will arrive in Belgrade. The planes are now in Belgrade. I am sure that they will serve as a reliable shield and a guarantor of Serbia’s independence and security," Shoigu said.

The six MiG-29 fighter jets have been delivered to Serbia by decision of Russian President Vladimir Putin. It was reported earlier that the six MiG-29 fighters had flown from Russia to Serbia in early October.

Serbia is grateful to Russia for the transfer of six MiG-29 fighters, the Serbian defense minister said, stressing the importance of the agreement between the presidents of Russia and Serbia.

"Thanks to this, we can say that today we have a possibility to defend our sky," Vulin told his Russian counterpart.

"I want to thank you personally, dear minister because I know how many efforts and much labor were needed to do all this. Thank you that today you are participating in this celebration together with us," the Serbian defense minister said.

The six MiG-29 fighter jets arrived in Serbia in a group of two planes a day on October 2-4. Now they will undergo modernization that will be carried out in three stages and will cost Serbia 180-230 million euros.

In addition to the MiG-29 planes, Serbia will also receive 30 T-72 tanks and 30 BRDM-2 combat reconnaissance and patrol vehicles from Russia for free. The sides are also holding negotiations on Buk-M1 and Buk-M2 air defense missile systems and the Tunguska antiaircraft missile/gun complex.

Big plans

The Russian defense minister also noted that Russia and Serbia had big plans for military and military-technical cooperation.

"In accordance with the decisions by the presidents of Russia and Serbia, we have a large-scale program for both military and military-technical cooperation," Shoigu said and suggested that he and Vulin should discuss further cooperation plans.

http://tass.com/defense/971755

Russian planes in the "heart" of Europe! EU politicians must be having a panic attack right now. :P

Back
Top Bottom