Author Topic: Scared of thunder  (Read 4271 times)

Offline MusicMan

• The Living Force
  • Sailing the High C's
Re: Scared of thunder
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2015, 10:41:10 AM »
Just wondering if the dogs are sensitive to infrasound produced by the thunder.
This would be like being at a rock concert, where the bass sounds make your chest cavity vibrate.
It'd quite un-nerving the first time you experience it.
This could explain why the pressure coats work for the dogs.
I wonder if they make them for humans..
B Sharp = C !

Offline PERLOU

• Dagobah Resident
    • La Nurserie de Perlou
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2015, 09:32:57 AM »
Je suis bien contente pour Chérie qui a traversé cette tempête détendue et endormie...

I am glad to Honey that has passed through this storm relaxed and sleepy ...

Offline Arwenn

• The Living Force
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2017, 01:54:36 PM »
Just have to chime in here -got my little pooch one of these thunder shirts and it's amazing! I've used it whenever she gets anxious (separation anxiety, going out for walks, neighborhood dogs barking), & she's really taken to having it on, no fuss. Haven't had a major thunderstorm yet, but I've every confidence it'll help. When I get a chance I'll post a photo- she looks so adorable with it on :)

'FORGET "I should", forget it all. Replace it by "I LOVE TO DO ...." and skip completely the TIME issue. If you need five lives to accomplish what you WANT, let this be the first of those five. And then, without any "time obligation" or "should stressing" - start it.  First step first. And ENJOY it. And LOVE yourself - take care of yourself.
This is the only thing that the Universe (God?) wants from you, I think.'  Arkadiusz Jadczyk