4th density STO Earth

Veszna

Padawan Learner
There is a game that my cousin and I have been playing for a while, we call: '4th density STO Earth' .
In everyday life, it is very easy to get lost in a lot of (and more and more) negative news, and we have noticed that this often affects our mood as well. So we remind each other from time to time what a positive planet can be like, with this, we successfully overcome the negativity that broadcast on us and maybe by projecting our thoughts into an imagined positive future, perhaps we too help create a better life. Maybe not in our, but our children's and grandchildren'life.
Every action or object started with a thought, so I invite you to share your thoughts about the future with me if you feel like it.
If you find an image or article that you think 'reminds' you of an STO world, please share it with me.
The purpose of the topic is to focus on the solution.
This could be a thought/knowledge about responsible childbearing, relationships, gardening, architecture...anything related to everyday life, good to humans and the planet.

My first thought/question is how to get rid of this much plastic, which can already be detected in the bodies of newborns?
I remember when I was a child, apples were not wrapped in plastic one by one in the stores, and our Moms came shopping with their own bags and baskets.
I also remember how little garbage we produced (as a small child we were responsible for taking out the garbage). It was enough to empty the trash can once a day. This may still be the case today, but trash cans are getting bigger and bigger.
But imagine a world without plastic. (Maybe a minimum amount is required, I'm not an expert on the subject.TVs, phones, PCs also need plastic, I assume.)
Or is there a process that actually creates healthy plastic?
Or we are able to replace it with something that is better for us and the planet.

Thank you for reading
(and like always, if my message is in a wrong place, please feel free to replace it).

Why do we have lawns instead of gardens in our front yards?

Hungary (and other middle-east European countries too) has always been famous for its old houses with gardens, where everything always had its exact place, flowers, fruits, vegetables, grains.
falusi-kert-cimlap.jpg

In recent years, however, a new fashion has erased everything in front of and behind family houses. The lawn. Which, of course, must be taken care of in the same way, because it dries out, turns yellow and most importantly what will the neighbors say?

"Lawns originated in Europe in the 16th century when French and English castles desired the land immediately surrounding their property to be free from trees so that soldiers could see if enemies were coming to attack.
These fields were usually filled with thyme or chamomile, and were kept short by grazing livestock.
Sometime in the 17th century, the practice trickled down to other smaller wealthy landowners, who perhaps wanted to replicate the status and feeling of a castle in their own homes. They started maintaining fields of closely shorn grasses around their homes. Instead of using livestock to keep it adequately cropped, they switched to manual labor such as scything. Since a large piece of land dedicated to a lawn signified that you could afford the manpower necessary to maintain it and weren’t bothered by the lost income from not planting a more productive crop in the lawn’s place, lawns became a way to demonstrate your wealth and power."

"Lawns came into America around the same time they gained popularity in Europe, and for the first half of U.S. history, they were mostly confined to the upper class. Demand for grass began with the very first settlers, who found inadequate grasses for grazing in the northeast, and requested shipments of European grasses so that their livestock could survive.
By the 18th century, all sorts of imported grasses had colonized the American continent along with the settlers, causing many farmers to rely on imported grass varieties rather than find native ones that could adequately fit their needs. By the 19th century, grass became available for residential use."

" The growing popularity of lawns for the average American over the course of the 19th and 20th centuries was preceded by several different elements.
One element was the encouragement from the U.S. Department of Agriculture when they held a display about how to establish a lawn in 1876.

A little later on, the public park movement popularized the idea of a lawn as a place of communal gathering, which helped aid the lawn as a front yard statement: It was a place where you could gather with your neighbors in contrast to the enclosed, private backyard. The creator of this movement, Frederick Law Olmsted, also was one of the first to design suburban developments, where every house got its own lawn. A handful of decades later, the popularization of automobiles and commuting meant that homeowners desired having a nice front display for commuters to drive past and stare at.
And finally, in the post-WWII era, there was a boom of building blue-collar tract housing which implemented front lawns to mimic upper middle class housing, which brought lawns to the working class. This time period also roughly correlated to the popularization of suburbs, and over the course of the rest of the century, lawns have cemented themselves as a mainstay of a respectable American home. Throughout all this history, the common thread is that lawns seem to be a class symbol. "

Imagine a place where gardens ALSO have fruit trees and bushes, vegetables and flowers. But there can also be fruit trees on the side of the road (true story, when I was a child there were free wells and fruit trees along the road).
If the travellers got hungry or thirsty on the road, everyone knew that there would always be fruit and water.
falusi-kert-kut.jpg

Last edited:
Just a few smart ideas that we have used in the past during hot weather and are healthier than AC.

Thick walls, and natural materials that make cool the rooms:
Have you ever stepped inside an old castle or church on a hot summer’s day and felt an instant drop in temperature?
One thing that all historic buildings across Europe have in common is thick walls and high ceilings. This architectural design meant that these structures stay cool in summer and retain heat in winter.
Adobe houses, houses built in the rock.
443c0360_original.jpg

Persian windcatchers/cooling towers:
Yazd is said to have the most wind catchers in the world, though they may have originated in ancient Egypt. In Yazd, the wind catcher soon proved indispensable, making this part of the hot and arid Iranian Plateau livable.
Wind towers capture prevailing winds with internal vanes that work to not only force cooler air down, but would circulate to draw hot air up and out. Some wind towers collected rain water and used the evaporation of the water to further cool the captured air.
MP.-Wind-Catcher-Wind-Towers-Yazd.jpg
abe569078d83d717645e6dacd0f876207afb6237.jpg

Water cooling system:
The Romans used water from aqueducts to cool their homes by having the cold water run through channels in the walls of their houses and temples on its way to public fountains and baths. Cold water running through a course of pipes and exposed to the air in an environment also has a cooling affect.
In the center of their home was a pool surrounded by columns and airy corridors.
21ba7d37d4f64047c1207da49ab26032.jpg

Colour:
The ancient Indians, Greeks and Chinese also appreciated the importance of color, and many of their rooftops and buildings were white. White reflects sunlight, while darker colors absorb it and create higher temperatures within the building or structure.
Oia-Santorini-Greece.jpg

Architecture
Ancient architects demonstrated exceptional creativity in designing structures that maximized natural ventilation. The Greco-Roman period is renowned for its architectural innovations, including implementing courtyards, open colonnades, and atriums. These features facilitated cross-ventilation and allowed hot air to escape while drawing in cooler air. Additionally, traditional Indian architecture, as seen in buildings like the Hawa Mahal in Jaipur, utilized intricate latticework and perforated screens to enhance airflow, creating a natural cooling effect.
2022020415355515798743.jpg
ea634abfbba65f069a7e649eea84afa8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom