A question about The Work

jelly49

The Force is Strong With This One
I've read a bit about the work, and while I was doing some "fringe research" I uncovered something interesting.

It was implied that you should only do "The Work" if you're one of these spiritless people or organic portal or whatever.

I'd slightly disagree, I mean, if you truly want to achieve this truth path you must do a lot of the things that the Work tells you to do, spiritless or not.

Besides, in my opinion, the fact that you're even thinking about it, and actually wanting to make change, means that you do in fact have something inside.

Whats everybody else's views on this?

jelly49 said:
It was implied that you should only do "The Work" if you're one of these spiritless people or organic portal or whatever.

Where exactly did you get that idea from? :)

Helle's question is correct, whatever it is you read, it was either wrong or you completely misunderstood it. So, where are you reading this nonsense?

jelly49 said:

Is this where you came across this notion?

_http://montalk.net/matrix/118/methods-of-deception

[quote author=montalk]The right method for the wrong person can give detrimental results. For example, the Fourth Way methodology aims to grow souls within those who have none; if people who need soul awakening rather than soul growth limit themselves to such a system, they will assume they are less than they truly are and spiritually suffocate. By knowing yourself, you will know what is right for you. [By Fourth Way, I mean the system of Gurdjieff and Ouspensky, which is incomplete and skewed. For a more balanced and complete treatment, see the system outlined by Boris Mouravieff in Gnosis].[/quote]

If so, I would do a quick search on this forum for "montalk" to give a better understanding of the background concerning this individual. To be honest, it was through Montalk and his forum that I found the Cassiopaean Transcripts. That's why what you said sounded so familiar to me.

I don't know if Montalk is where you picked up this notion that "only spiritless people need do The Work", but the more you read, the more I think you'll see how the Fourth Way or The Work is more practical and coherent than anything Montalk has peddled thus far.

Ryan

[quote author=montalk]The right method for the wrong person can give detrimental results. For example, the Fourth Way methodology aims to grow souls within those who have none; if people who need soul awakening rather than soul growth limit themselves to such a system, they will assume they are less than they truly are and spiritually suffocate. By knowing yourself, you will know what is right for you. [By Fourth Way, I mean the system of Gurdjieff and Ouspensky, which is incomplete and skewed. For a more balanced and complete treatment, see the system outlined by Boris Mouravieff in Gnosis].[/quote]

Yes, that would qualify as nonsense - and as someone who is vastly ignorant on a topic speaking as if they are not.

RyanX said:
jelly49 said:

Is this where you came across this notion?

_http://montalk.net/matrix/118/methods-of-deception

[quote author=montalk]The right method for the wrong person can give detrimental results. For example, the Fourth Way methodology aims to grow souls within those who have none; if people who need soul awakening rather than soul growth limit themselves to such a system, they will assume they are less than they truly are and spiritually suffocate. By knowing yourself, you will know what is right for you. [By Fourth Way, I mean the system of Gurdjieff and Ouspensky, which is incomplete and skewed. For a more balanced and complete treatment, see the system outlined by Boris Mouravieff in Gnosis].

If so, I would do a quick search on this forum for "montalk" to give a better understanding of the background concerning this individual. To be honest, it was through Montalk and his forum that I found the Cassiopaean Transcripts. That's why what you said sounded so familiar to me.

I don't know if Montalk is where you picked up this notion that "only spiritless people need do The Work", but the more you read, the more I think you'll see how the Fourth Way or The Work is more practical and coherent than anything Montalk has peddled thus far.

Ryan
[/quote]

Yes you are correct, that is exactly where I got it from.

I'm still learning :P

jelly49 said:
Yes you are correct, that is exactly where I got it from.

I'm still learning :P

That's OK Jelly49, we are all still learning here. We wouldn't be here if we weren't :)

I've browsed some of your other postings and it sounds like you have been taken in by some of the things Montalk has written. To be honest, I had a similar mindset to yours when I first discovered a lot of this material. I was somewhat partial to accept Montalk's views, simply because it was my first exposure to the Cassiopean Transcripts and related material. I soon saw that there was a lot of tension between Montalk and QFS and I spent a lot of time pondering this from the perspective of both sides. I also observed both Montalk's and QFS's forums respectively and tried to gather what information I could about the nature of each group.

What I observed was that the discussions and material with this group (QFS) was much less "noisy". By this I mean that the discussions tended to stay on topic more. Erroneous ideas and idol chit-chat was either challenged or not tolerated. While in some cases this may have seemed "harsh", I quickly saw this as entirely necessary towards the aim of discovering the TRUTH. The discussions on QFS, while retaining much esoteric material, tend to also include serious discussions of academic concepts as well. This was seriously lacking on Montalk's forum.

Montalk's forum, on the other hand, I observed a lot of chatter. Much of it revolved around useless or misunderstood metaphysical concepts, fantasies and in some cases blatant narcissism. There was little discussion about objective psychology or even real things for that matter. There were some individuals who posted intriguing material from time to time, but on the whole it was drowned out by the useless chatter. From what it appears, Montalk himself closed the forum and it now sits as an archive for all to browse. You are free to go there and observe for yourself and see what conclusions you come to about this.

The moderators here are very experienced and will do whatever it takes to keep the discussions on topic and noise free. Personally I am thankful for this, because it has greatly cut down on my time sifting through noise making it possible to illuminate more useful and practical material in my search for the truth.

I hope this helps.

Ryan

Back
Top Bottom