Ad Astra (2019)

Alejo

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Hey everyone,

I recently watched this movie and I wanted to recommend it. It’s beautifully shot and it has a lovely score. It takes place on a fictional future earth that has embarked in the search of life outside the planet.

That point is key as that’s the entire narrative arch of the characters.

It has a particular pace that makes it rather pleasant to watch and follow, you really get caught in the scenes.

Another thing I noticed is that it’s a perfect depiction of something JBP talks about, this “descend to hell to rescue your father and bring something back to share with your community” archetypal journey. It’s quite a literal depiction of this principle, and it’s done wonderfully.

overall it was an enjoyable film that I’d highly recommend.

You're right. Brad Pitt has become a great actor. I mean he's always been good but I kind of felt like his good looks carried him through the early part of his career. But these last couple of films, this one and 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,' has shown him to be one of the greats. I'm liking this new trend of creativity with science fiction creating quality stuff like this film and the series on Amazon, 'The Expanse,' that's sort of re-energizing the genre giving it a somewhat different 'flavor.'

You're right. Brad Pitt has become a great actor. I mean he's always been good but I kind of felt like his good looks carried him through the early part of his career. But these last couple of films, this one and 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,' has shown him to be one of the greats. I'm liking this new trend of creativity with science fiction creating quality stuff like this film and the series on Amazon, 'The Expanse,' that's sort of re-energizing the genre giving it a somewhat different 'flavor.'

yes, I’ve been thinking about that myself, I have enjoyed quite a lot of his films recently and this one was spectacularly acted.

The story was very thin, but I did enjoy in BP's acting and pacing of the movie.

Another thing I noticed is that it’s a perfect depiction of something JBP talks about, this “descend to hell to rescue your father and bring something back to share with your community” archetypal journey. It’s quite a literal depiction of this principle, and it’s done wonderfully.

Tron Legacy also has the same principle. I also recommend the episode 'Visitor' from Deep Space 9.

In the movie you go to moon as easily as taking the subway. So for me this piece is an advertisement for the NASA to arouse enthusiasm of the youngs to become an astronaut or something like that.

I really got the sensation that their was a message for those who can received it.

Back
Top Bottom