adds for Sott

neema

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
Hello group just wanted to share a couple of ads I made for sott. Before I put it on utube, I wanted to get some feedback and also make sure they are appropriate. All the footage is edited from Naqoyqasi: life as war.

http://www.laserdisken.dk/billeder/forsidealm/11135272275461269.jpg

I highly recommend the full movie, for it portrays our modern life beautifully. The first video is edited to the song “smoke and mirrorsᾠ. The second one is to the song “Mind Controlᾠ by Stephen Marley.

First add: http://media.oteye.com/comer1.wmv
Second add: http://media.oteye.com/comer2.wmv

All comments welcome.
neema.

Hi Neema

What do you make of the possible copyright implications of directly lifting someone else's work to advertise SOTT? Bearing in mind that it would fall at the feet of the SOTT team and not yourself...

Barry

Hi
I secod Barrys thoughts and concerns here.Ive just downloaded and taken a look at it.Wonderful images etc,How much of this work is actually yours.Are the images from the film or something you have created yourself?

Barry said:
Hi Neema

What do you make of the possible copyright implications of directly lifting someone else's work to advertise SOTT? Bearing in mind that it would fall at the feet of the SOTT team and not yourself...

Barry
Hi Barry,

Thanks for the point. That is the reason I posted it here first, as to find out how appropriate it would be. I was planning to put a massage before the clips start giving credit to the appropriate artists (including the music). Also since there is no money involved in the release or viewing of the clips and I thought perhaps it can also bring attention to his work (Steven Soderberg), that it might not be a problem.
But if there could be potential problem, well there are couple paths to follow.

The first and obvious one would be to see if I can get permission from the current distributor of the film.
Or Second, to re edit the clips completely and with whatever footage is available publicly. Since many of the clips are in public archives.

All and all, if the style is nice but the copyright implications are going to be a big problem, ill just make something from scratch but with a similar theme.
As my goal is to promote the web page, with clips which can appeal to a wide audience. I would take the necessary steps to remedy the copyright problems of any public presentation. This was just something that I thought might be a nice way to show a particular style.

Nima

the rabbit said:
Hi
I secod Barrys thoughts and concerns here.Ive just downloaded and taken a look at it.Wonderful images etc,How much of this work is actually yours.Are the images from the film or something you have created yourself?
Well all the clips you see are from the movie, I have taken them out of the movie order and re edited the order to mach and play in an order appropriate with the music. Similar to a lot of commercial remix’s out there.

I think I will actually take them off and try to make the same presentation, but getting the source clips from public sources and unedited, and re edit them to a similar theme.

Thanks for the heads up.
Nima.

Hi Nima

I had a look at your website. Its certainly sounds like you have the hardware to cope with creating your own movie - and you can get a lot of stock video "relatively" cheaply these days (www.rocketclips.com, www.fotosearch.com, www.freestockfootage.com etc)...

It will be more work for you, no doubt, but I think to release what you have already done into the public domain would be inviting attack. I understand the Weinstein brothers at Miramax have strong Zionist connections...

Barrry

Yes I think that’s what I will do. It might take longer but it will be worth it. Thanks for the links, should give me a good starting point. I also think I should utilize some CGI, for it would be of original content and no copyright problems. As soon as I have a rough copy, ill post it for some feed back. Thanks again.

Nima.

Back
Top Bottom