ADVO

• Thread starter kommunikationisthekey
  • Start date
K

kommunikationisthekey

If you're an American.... you've probably received some mail from ADVO....... they are, afterall, "the most recognized piece of mail in America"... according to their website (http://www.advo.com/corpcitizenship.html). The piece of mail they distribute is the "Have You Seen Me?" cards. They usually contain a couple pictures of missing children.. and an advertisement on the other side of the card....
After receiving these cards once or twice a week for the past 21 years (their website says ADVO started their partnership with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children in 1985). I decided to take a look at this company which has been sending me mail for almost all my life... to find that despite the 75 million households/120 million people (elsewhere on their site they claim 67 million households weekly/105 monthly http://www.advo.com/companyhistory.html) who see their advertisements.. every week...... only 143 children have been recovered since they started...... 143 total... in all those years... reaching all those people...... I guess it's good that at least they found some... well, it is definitely good that any were found... but I was surprised by this dismal number given the amount of distribution going on...

I was disgusted by the fact that a marketing company could proclaim that in the 21 years of their existence.... their marketing ploy of trying to find missing children only received a yield of 143.... despite the millions of advertisements sent out.....

Well.. at least they contribute a little... more so than others.... I just find it a bit nefarious since anyone would probably throw away the advertisements at first site if it weren't for the missing children aspect, thrown in to apparently suggest that this company and its advertisers are actually looking out for you and your missing children.... and don't just want your money....

Didn't know where else to put this topic so I threw it in the COINTELPRO/Disinformation forum... because it seemed more like disinformation than anything else....

I read in the C's transcripts...something along the lines that 10% more children were taken every year.... and read a bit about Laura's difficulties in finding accurate statistics in missing children... after a bit of searching around.... I also found it quite difficult to find any 'good' information on missing children.... seems like a big runaround and no one has the answers.....
any info would be greatly appreciated....

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in the U.S. states that in one year there are 797,500 missing children, of those 198,300 are non-voluntary abductions, and of these numbers 58,200 are by non-family members, ie.. strangers, sexual predators, and god only knows what else. They boast a 62%-94% rate of return for these children, but they do not elaborate on what constitutes the 62-94% rate.

I, like you have received the advertisements from ADVO for as long as I can remember and I am reminded that it is not only children who are missing, but many adults as well. Some of these may be voluntary in which they take their children and disappear which would cover some missing persons on both lists. Each state has a public safety web site that should have listed all missing persons reported within the state, but the lists may not reflect the entire picture due to the critera of being listed as a missing person.

What has happend to all these people? In some cases we many never know what happened to them and that is frightening. I try to never forget that this sort of thing is going on all around me even if it does not get reported in the news. Who reports the missing street children in Columbia? or the Congo? Are we on a planet in which our fellow human beings find murdering children and hiding their bodies fairly easy business and so they do so willingingly and regularly or is something else altogether going on?

I know in some of my training in the law enforcement field that we have been taught that there are rings of persons involved in satantic activities who seek children for their rituals. However, in my 15 years in this field I myself have never encountered the above mentioned situation. It makes me think that something else entirely is going on.

TSeeker 1313 said:
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in the U.S. states that in one year there are 797,500 missing children, of those 198,300 are non-voluntary abductions, and of these numbers 58,200 are by non-family members, ie.. strangers, sexual predators, and god only knows what else. They boast a 62%-94% rate of return for these children, but they do not elaborate on what constitutes the 62-94% rate.]
care to quote exactly where your statistics came from?..... I went to the ncmec.org website and never found a definitive answer of any kind.
They claimed to have 'recovered 5,192 missing/displaced children out of the 5,067 reports from Hurricanes Katrina and Rita........ in their annual report...
http://www.ncmec.org/en_US/publications/NC92part1.pdf
kinda strange to find more children than reported missing but I suppose that could come from overlapping reports.....maybe.....

also got to take a peek at the 'Chairperson of the Board' and the 'President and Chief Executive Officer' of the NCMEC.... and based on first impressions... found their photos to reflect them in a rather creepy fashion..... asked a friend of mine what she thought of them without telling her who they were.. and her immediate response was... perverts.....not that that's in any way a comprehensive analysis.... but the eyes are the windows of the soul some say........

599,200 voluntary abductions doesn't quite sit well...... did I just not read the annual report thoroughly enough?
I repeat..... got a link?......

go to http://www.ncmec.org

when you get into the site select the option on the tool bar " About Us" when that page is loaded select the NCMEC Timeline and watch the clip that plays---this is where the numbers I posted earlier came from. I hope this helsp.

Back
Top Bottom