Alike - interesting short film about the destruction of creativity

cool, thanks for sharing PerfectCircle, nice little film indeed! Sometimes we need reminder to not squash our creative tendencies.

Love that. Brilliantly created. So sad to think that this is taking place all over the world.

Very tasteful film. With almost 5 million views, maybe it is resonating with a lot of people.

987baz said:
cool, thanks for sharing PerfectCircle, nice little film indeed! Sometimes we need reminder to not squash our creative tendencies.

That was nice, thank you for sharing PerfectCircle. It was adorable and I agree, our creative tendencies mustn't be squashed! :knitting:

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it. I agree that we must not lose our creative aspects, and would add that we shouldn't misuse them too. I'm thinking of balance and misuse of centers here.

I enjoyed it, it is awful how we are oriented since school to be all alike, to act alike and not to let our creativity expand, specially in schools. It is crazy but it seems like they teach us since kids to be "slaves" to prepare us to be even more slaves in adulthood. And then you loose your color, like the characters in the short film, we are teach that life is all about work and earn money, and that to be a decent person you have to have a good socioeconomic position, we believe this and we form our goals under this conditions just to live an unhappy life. It is sad how creativity is considered a stupid thing today, I know kids who want to go to singing lessons, others who want to learn to play an instrument, etc and they can't do it because their parents think that "it isn't worth, it won't help you with anything tomorrow" well... what about helping to release some stress tomorrow when that kid, probably become in the most common case, a person full of stress? What if music is his/her therapy?

Thanks for sharing PerfectCircle!!!

3D Student said:
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it. I agree that we must not lose our creative aspects, and would add that we shouldn't misuse them too. I'm thinking of balance and misuse of centers here.

It is a lovely short film PerfectCircle thanks! It reminded me to this little TedTalk from Ken Robinson I saw a while ago, if someone's interested it might be worth watching :)

https://youtu.be/iG9CE55wbtY

Here in my city the old head master of the juniors in my old school is opening a new school with a very different focus on education. From the videos i've seen and everything they've posted so far, the kids are going to learn yoga, meditation, chi kung, things like learning to read just with their senses, music therapy, and all this different activities that also involve the parents in their education. I think this is a great thing, and hopefully they don't fall in this new agey type of thing.. But from what i've seen it looks like a pretty cool new school hehe :)

thanks Marina for the TED talk :) both funny and on point, also, it lead to watching more TED talks :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom