Amazon order returned as 'undeliverable'

stellar

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Just received an email re my order last month of Patrick Rodriguez's 3 books and two of them may be returned to amazon as undeliverable. This has not happened to me before as I have ordered more than one book at a time and they arrived OK.

In the email was given a link to review the DOS restrictions which only had to do with diplomatic packages. :huh:

Attachments

• Undeliverable shipment received for Order 102-3467998-6738625.rtfd.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 7
The number of books in the order should not matter. Some delivery services are unable to deliver to PO Box addresses? Alternatively if it is just a normal residential or business address it could be some kind of glitch or mistake. I once had a parcel I sent returned as undeliverable, so I contacted the addressee to check the address was correct, and it was, and then resent it to the same address successfully.

I double checked all the details on the account and everything was as before, normal residential address and all other details. So none of the listed reasons applied as to the reason of return. What I found odd was that that the Department of Security restrictions link was added as if the books could possibly have anything to do with diplomatic material.

I could not get them to resend. Instead I received another email that my money is being refunded. Is Amazon the only place we can order books by PR, does anyone know?

The Rodriguez' own website at _www.soulrescuesite.com links back to Amazon for sales of their book The Soul Rescue Manual: Releasing Earthbound Spirits, and the meta-search site _www.addall.com only comes up with the various Amazon sites as stocking the book.

I could only find two titles by Melanie and/or Patrick Rodriguez on Amazon, the other one being What Does it Mean to be Dead? (2006) by Melanie Rodriguez with Patrick Rodriguez. Have they written a third book as well?

I wonder if What Does it Mean to be Dead? could be out-of-stock, and the order was accepted in error? (Amazon says for this title "Usually ships in 2-3 weeks", indicating they don't presently have a copy in stock, but on the other hand if things are working normally Amazon don't charge your card for a book that has been ordered until it is ready to be shipped.)

My order was for a group of three books which would come to AU$51.18 plus $21.46 for shipping. They are only refunding $46.52 to my visa account. In the refund notice they only mention two books.

I ordered The Soul Rescue Manual, Thirty Years Among The Dead and Healing Lost Souls: Releasing Unwanted Spirits From Your Energy Body. The last one was not mentioned. The money is pretty much deducted from my account as soon as the card details are verified electronically.

Not sure whether to try again ordering one by one. It would be more costly because they would charge the same shipping cost per order. :/

"Thirty Years Among the Dead" and "Healing Lost Souls" are both also available new with free international shipping from _www.bookdepository.com
And also with free shipping from _www.fishpond.com.au
They are also on _www.booktopia.com.au at a slightly higher price (with AU$6.50 per order for shipping within Australia). The Booktopia books mostly ship from a warehouse in Australia, so might arrive quicker, while the other two sites would ship from overseas.

I think if I were reordering from Amazon, I would try ordering the two books together again.

The Amazon website has this:
"Orders that are returned to us as undeliverable are not able to be re-shipped. If you would still like to purchase items that were undeliverable, you are welcome to place a new order on our website." - _http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=sr_1_1_acs_h_1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=3608471&qid=1401410730&sr=8-1-acs
And also a page about "Reasons for Undeliverable Orders" here:
_http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201117330

Of the above sites, I order from Amazon most often, as they tend to pack their books better in thick cardboard, compared with FishPond and Bookdepository. Sometimes I order from FishPond or Bookdepository when the prices are slightly lower. Booktopia is mainly for Australian customers. I haven't ordered from them, but have heard they are becoming a popular site in Australia.

Thank you so much for the info Mal7.

I will look at ordering from the two sites you mentioned. I think I'll forego amazon for now as they've scammed some $25 off me for this order. I could have bought another book for that. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom