An injured pigeon landed on my terrace

dredger

The Living Force
Hello,

Well, as stated in the title, this end of morning I heard noises from my terrace, even my cat Pixelle strangely did not dare to approach, but i saw a pigeon on the terrace and directly understood he was injured.

I tried to calm him and finaly put him in a cardboard box with some water. I planned to go at the office the afternoon and phoned to a vet and took rendez-vous in a few hours. Here's a picture a just made :
1628682458508.png
He seems to be wounded in the legs ... but the wing seems ok.

I have a neighbour who has an aviary and just discussed with him, we agreed to wait for the examination of the vet to see what can be done. At least, I know where he could sleep tonight, my neighbour already proposed to put him in a cage and to see if he can restablish.

I'm actually reading for the 2nd time the books of Castaneda, in parallel to romance books, actually reading the 4th one. This event directly reminded me how Don Juan was taking care of any sign from the universe, and this one is pretty straight, and I'm now wondering what will be the consequences, which will be based on the choices i'm going to make in regard to the pigeon. What is the lesson to learn, or the test to pass ? If there's one thing sure is that I would like he restablish and that I feel responsible of him now.

If you have comment, do not hesitate, i'll post update about, to be continued :)

Pigeons are very nice, and suffer a bad reputation. Here they call them rats with wings. The other day I saw one, dead on the street. I feel always sad when I see a dead pigeon, they are part of the cities even if lately, we were talking about that with Hesperides, we are seeing almost no pigeons at all. Less and less pigeons are saw.

I read this about pigeons:
Pigeons are symbolic of fertility and prosperity, fortune, luck, and transformation. They’re said to be one of the first bird species to be domesticated by humans and have been friends to us since ancient times. These birds are also symbolic of persistence, harmony and well-being, mercy and forgiveness, and freedom.

I think pigeons are very intelligent birds and wise. Strong also, during the war they work as pigeon-post, delivering messages.

More information about pigeons:

It might come as a surprise to many, but pigeons, along with all the other members of the Columbidae family, are different from other bird species because, in their family, both the males and the female parent pigeon can produce crop milk for their younger ones. Due to pigeon’s ability to be able to take care of their babies, these birds stand for nurturing and caring.
Pigeons are also symbolic of faithfulness and commitment. It is because they’re one of the few birds that are known to mate for life. If one of them dies, the other spend their remaining life in agonizing loneliness. Their monogamous nature is mostly why doves and pigeons are considered sacred symbols in a wedding ceremony.

There is more information here, you can look it is very interesting.

Birds are always related to air, movement, perspicacity, speed, velocity, strength and equilibrium. And many things more that we, poor animals of two legs, are unaware. Taking care of this pigeon is a good thing. Good luck.

Do you have any of the homeopathic remedy, arnica? If so, take a few of the pills, dissolve in water and put a few drops in the bird's beak, as you can. It will help with trauma. I used it on a baby bird that was injured and within a few minutes, the bird was up, and a little later flew to the fence and sat.

There is more information here, you can look it is very interesting.
Thanks Ioreta, this was an interesting lecture, I felt unusual sensations while reading the article.

Do you have any of the homeopathic remedy, arnica? If so, take a few of the pills, dissolve in water and put a few drops in the bird's beak, as you can. It will help with trauma. I used it on a baby bird that was injured and within a few minutes, the bird was up, and a little later flew to the fence and sat.
No I don't, but my mother I'll see tomorrow have some, if i do not forget i'll ask her to give me some and will see if i can arrange with my neighbor about.

So, here's the rest of the story so far:
When I met the vet, a woman, she was wearing a mask. I do not recall exactly what I said at begin, something like "You may wonder each time you have a new 'customer' if you can remove the mask or not, and I do not know your opinion about, but on my side, all of this is bullshit and do not hesitate to remove it", and hopefully, she directly removed it and acknowledged that it's bullshit ! Youpie :-D
After a short checkup, it appears that my new 2D friend has one of its leg broken, but on the health state he's in good condition. She told me that the best way is to let him rest during +/- 1 month in a cage and cross fingers that his leg will repair by itself. She said that putting a cast on such a tiny leg may bring further problem and is not necessarily the best solution (the paw could atrophy).
It took 5 minutes, and she decided not to charge something for this, even after I told her that this was normal and I was ready to hand her a few bucks, she refused. Another good point. I'll think about her if I have to go to see a vet for my cat in the future :)

So i came back home with my new friend and directly went to see my neighbor. I detailed him what the vet said and he took him (the pigeon), he'll place him in a cage during 1 month and will take care of him. He told me that he will whether buy specific pigeon's food tomorrow or he'll ask one of his friends who knows very well the pigeons (who is in pigeons competitions). I proposed to participate regarding the buyout of the specific food but he refused and said it was ok.

So I left my neighbor's house with a smile, I know he's in good hands and I may go to see him (or them, considering my neighbor and the pigeon) a few times during the coming weeks. I'll try to arrange to be there once my neighboor will open the cage's door, and I hope that his leg will restablish.

This was a nice experience, and it's not over yet. I have a kind of inner smile within me at this moment, it's pleasant, encouraging ... it's nice to feel this during such times, and sharing this here was also a little pleasure :)

Symbols flying through the air

As I read your beautiful Pigeon story yesterday, dredger - and an couple hours later, I got a photo of a mural/graffiti our friend Ruth from Sicily, took in our area here in Stockholm, which is a large place filled with amazing graffiti murals. However it was only the pigeon photo she sent to me. I thought it was a funny/interesting symbolic parallel to dredgers story just moments before.

Dredger, how is the pigeon doing ?

20210811_164305.jpg

Back
Top Bottom