Ancient Nuclear Explosions on Indian Subcontinent?

PopHistorian

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Did we ever cover this? I'm not very interested to follow it up, but happened upon it today. I wonder if anyone else has heard of this or knows more about it, or if the theories have been debunked. I read one debunking, but the writer dismissed the nuclear bomb idea based on obvious assumption that the apparent "blast" would have to behave like a 1945 atomic bomb with exactly the same initial radiation burst and subsequent decline of lingering radiation over time, which may not be true.

Myth of Ancient Nuclear War in India | Mystery of India
Ancient City Found in India, Irradiated from Atomic Blast - वेद Veda
Ooparts & Ancient High Technology--Evidence of Ancient Atomic Knowledge?
Atomic Bomb Destroyed City 4,000 Years Ago

When excavations of Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro reached the street level, they discovered skeletons scattered about the cities, many holding hands and sprawling in the streets as if some instant, horrible doom had taken place. People were just lying, unburied, in the streets of the city. [...] These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on par with those at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. At one site, Soviet scholars found a skeleton which had a radioactive level 50 times greater than normal. Other cities have been found in northern India that show indications of explosions of great magnitude. One such city, found between the Ganges and the mountains of Rajmahal, seems to have been subjected to intense heat. Huge masses of walls and foundations of the ancient city are fused together, literally vitrified! And since there is no indication of a volcanic eruption at Mohenjo-Daro or at the other cities, the intense heat to melt clay vessels can only be explained by an atomic blast or some other unknown weapon. The cities were wiped out entirely.

Remember reading this out of a David Hatcher Childress book(s) a long time ago. Here is a sample: Ancient Atomic Warfare - Part 1

There are a couple of references on the forum to Childress, and this is one of his books (link), not the one I read though. Nonetheless, he does not make a comprehensive study of it all, he just kind of lays out the places and references. A lot of it seems to have come out of the two books the Mahabharata/Ramayana.

Concerning the 'vitrification process' (either the forts or desert sands), there is still the possibility that past actions of our electric universe had a hand in it or not.

top link said:
The vitrification process itself, even if purposely set, is quite a mystery. A team of chemists on Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious World subjected rock samples from 11 forts to rigorous chemical analysis, and stated that the temperatures needed to produce the vitrification were so intense--up to 1,100°C--that a simple burning of walls with wood interlaced with stone could not have achieved such temperatures.

Myth of Ancient Nuclear War in India | Mystery of India No direct citations of sources.

Ancient City Found in India, Irradiated from Atomic Blast - वेद Veda Almost duplicate of first article. Has the following sources cited:

Bibliography
1. Best Evidence?, by Philip Coppens; Are the Indian remains of Mohenjo Daro and Harappa, their sudden abandonment and the apparent discovery of an ancient site with a layer of radioactive ash the best available evidence for the possibility that our ancient ancestors possessed a highly advanced technology – which might have included atomic warfare?
2. Nuclear events in Ancient India, Rajasthan: Evidence of Ancient Atomic Explosion
3. Evidence of Ancient Atomic Knowledge?

This one: Best Evidence? - Eye Of The Psychic more or less debunks the whole thing. Here's an excerpt:

The problematic verification of Sitchin’s claim is not a new allegation and is a known problem for his theories. Furthermore, despite decades of searching, he seems to have been unable to find supporting evidence that the Sinai Peninsula is indeed strewn with nuclear debris. This does not invalidate his theory as such, but has stopped him – and “the ancient astronaut cause” in general – to advance. Indeed, his often-maligned unscientific methodology of writing has been seen by some as hurting, more than advancing, that cause. Another candidate for a nuclear explosion, so far left untouched by most of the “ancient astronaut proponents”, is the Indus River Valley, where towns such as Harappa and Mohenjo Daro flourished in 3000 BC, but were then quickly abandoned. One answer that has been put forward is that the ancient cities might have been irradiated by an atomic blast. If true, it would be impossible to ignore the conclusion that ancient civilisation possessed high technology.

The ruins of Harappa What this candidate has in its favour is that a layer of radioactive ash was indeed found in Rajasthan, India. It covered a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. The research occurred after a very high rate of birth defects and cancer was discovered in the area. The levels of radiation registered so high on investigators’ gauges that the Indian government cordoned off the region. Scientists then apparently unearthed an ancient city where they found evidence of an atomic blast dating back thousands of years: from 8,000 to 12,000 years. The blast was said to have destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. So far, this story seems to have all the necessary credentials. Archaeologist Francis Taylor stated that etchings in some nearby temples he translated, suggested that they prayed to be spared from the great light that was coming to lay ruin to the city. “It’s so mind-boggling to imagine that some civilization had nuclear technology before we did. The radioactive ash adds credibility to the ancient Indian records that describe atomic warfare.”

Furthermore, when excavations of Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro reached the street level, they discovered skeletons scattered about the cities, many holding hands and sprawling in the streets as if some instant, horrible doom had killed its inhabitants. People were just lying, unburied, in the streets of the city; there seemed no-one available to bury them afterwards. {...}

One sceptic stated: “I am sick and tired of hearing this [the possibility of an atomic explosion in India], and I cannot find any debunks of this either. Anyone who can debunk this, or is this really true?” That is indeed the question… and an important one. The stakes are high, as one would expect when facing the best evidence. Lonar crater So, let us examine what might be the best evidence. The first question is whether the named archaeologist Francis Taylor existed. Alas, no-one has ever been able to identify him. There is a Francis Taylor, an American museum director, who died in 1957. He was, however, not an archaeologist. There is a “Franciscio Taylor”, but he is not the above quoted Francis Taylor.

Hence, not a good start. Sceptics have also wondered whether the ancient atomic warfare is not a modern invention, to deflect attention away from a serious – modern – atomic contamination. In 1998, it was reported that some Indian power stations had major problems. One had an incident in which 2000 workers became exposed to excess radiation, 300 of which had to be hospitalised.

Surendra Gadekar investigated the conditions of villagers at Rawatbhatta in Rajasthan and confirmed there were indeed gross radiation-related deformities. We note that Rawatbhatta is in the same region as the discovery of the “ancient warfare” site. But Gadekar did not find evidence of ancient warfare, but did find evidence of modern negligence: wood that had been used in the power plant, had then “somehow” made its way into the local community, where it was subsequently used as wood for a fire. This in itself was a minor incident, but could there have been more serious incidents, whereby a decision was made to create an “ancient enigma”? Though a possibility, there is no evidence to back up this conclusion at present.

Regrettably, we also find that there are no newspapers that carried the story of the discovery. The Indian archaeological authorities are not aware of the story. And as there is a government laboratory in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, the question is whether something might have gone wrong there. With the above objections, the case for the best evidence has become more controversial than a straightforward case. Still, it is clear that the counterarguments have not demolished the potential of this evidence.

Alas, in this case, neither side of the debate has truly embraced trying to prove or disprove the allegations. Indeed, it is remarkable that this has not happened, noting the potential that resides within it, as well as the multi-disciplinary approach that this cause allows.

No source citations in the above.

Nuclear Events in Ancient India? Cites David Hatcher Childress. One would have to check his book to find sources. Then, a paper by Firestone and Topping (both legit and I've corresponded with Topping who is a bit of a crazy guy if he's still living). They summarize the paper (which I have read) as follows:

The claims
In the authors' words: "Our research indicates that the entire Great Lakes region (and beyond) was subjected to particle bombardment and a catastrophic nuclear irradiation that produced secondary thermal neutrons from cosmic ray interactions. The neutrons produced unusually large quantities of ^239 Pu and substantially altered the natural uranium abundances (^235 U/^238 U) in artifacts and in other exposed materials including cherts, sediments, and the entire landscape.

These neutrons necessarily transmuted residual nitrogen (^ N) in the dated charcoals to radiocarbon, thus explaining anomalous dates. Some North American dates may in consequence be as much as 10,000 years too young. So, we are not dealing with a trivial phenomenon!

Supporting evidence
Four main categories of supporting evidence are claimed and presented in varying degrees of detail.

The authors claim that the burst of radiation from a nearby supernova, circa 12,500 years ago, not only reset radiocarbon clocks but also heated the planet's atmosphere, melted ice sheets, and led to biological extinctions. If verified, the claimed phenomenon would also "reset" archeological models of the settlement of North and South America.

To illustrate, we may have to add as many as 10,000 years to site dates in much of North America!

Now, notice carefully that Firestone and Topping are NOT talking about a nuclear war but rather cosmic phenomena, i.e. nuclear irradiation that produced secondary thermal neutrons from cosmic ray interactions, i.e. burst of radiation from a nearby supernova.

Firestone and others later went on to the cometary bombardment theory as a better explanation for this phenomenon. (Or perhaps they think that both occurred?)

The rest of the "evidence" on that site is just a repeat of the previous two sites, i.e. "where's the beef?"

This site: Ooparts & Ancient High Technology--Evidence of Ancient Atomic Knowledge? really does a number of the various claims and, at the end, quotes the material from Firestone and Topping out of context. Big red flag.

This one is as iffy as the rest: Atomic Bomb Destroyed City 4,000 Years Ago

Now, I have tried to find direct first-hand archaelogical source material on the Harappan civilization. I paid a good bit of money for a monograph on the topic, and nowhere does it make any of the claims reported. HOWEVER, the available information does seem to be singularly sparse; when that is the case, my "cover-up" antenna starts quivering. So, I am still open on the topic, though I will note that if Firestone and Topping are correct about the atomic clock resets, and the standard dating for Mohenjo Daro is 2,500 BC, then adding 10K years to that would put it at 12500 BC. Of course, there appears to be variation in the atomic clock anomalies, so it could actually be dated to the same event that destroyed the megafauna of North America that Firestone et all write about in "The Cycle of Cosmic Catastrophes."

It all brings to mind the third catastrophe of Atlantis which the C's mentioned was the crystal energy blowing up. I think that was before the ice age also.

Back
Top Bottom