Angkor Wat Poem to be translated into English

PopHistorian

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
One of my co-workers is traveling in SE Asia and just sent a superb photo of Angkor Wat. I was prompted to review what the C's had said about it.

Session 941022:
Q: (L) Who built the city of Angkor Wat?
A: That was built by the Lizard Beings themselves. Built approximately 3108 years ago.

Session 980822:
Q: ... You said that Angkor Wat was built 3108 years ago by the Lizzies themselves, and that the city of Mohenjo Daro was also built by the Lizzies 3065 years ago, which is within 30 or 40 years of the same time period. Do you still confirm that the Lizzies themselves built these cities?
A: Reptilian Beings.
Q: And they did this themselves?
A: Yes.
Q: What happened to the inhabitants of these cities?
A: Taken to another planet.
Q: Why was this city built in orientation to the constellation Draco?
A: Was not, was a record: see the texts of Kaballah for details after linkage is established.
Q: After what linkage is established.
A: Between the astronomical data and the sites.

I did not know, however, that inscribed on a wall at Angkor Wat is a poem that states, in part, that it was not built by humans. Nor did I know that the poem has never been translated into English, but that it is now being done by Ashley Thompson, Assistant Professor of South and Southeast Asian Studies, UC Berkeley.

hXXp://www.neh.gov/news/humanities/2001-09/deciphering.html
According to the poem inscribed on its walls, the temple at Angkor Wat was not built by humans, but by celestial architects commanded by Indra, chief of the gods. Indra had brought his beloved, half-human son up to heaven to live with him. The son was adored by all the celestial beings, but had one problem: being part human, he smelled terrible. The celestial beings became ill from the stench and begged Indra to send him away. Indra acquiesced, but instructed his architects to go down to earth and build a replica of the heavenly world for the son. The result was the temple complex Angkor Wat.

The Poem of Angkor Wat has never been translated into English, nor has it been the subject of academic study until now. Scholar Ashley Thompson is translating the poem, comparing four different renderings of the text with the scenes depicted in the temple’s bas reliefs. With NEH support, she will publish a study of the 550-stanza work, along with a critical introduction explaining the history and origin of the text.
hXXp://www.leisurecambodia.com/Leisure_Cambodia/No.12/ancient%20craft.htm
Many people still harbor the belief that the Angkor temples are not built by human beings and interpret the smiles and expressions on the faces of the sculptures in and around the ancient temples as messages from beyond.
Funny that Angkor Wat is thought to be only 900-1200 years old.

Wow!

Absolutely stunning. I hope that the PTB will not corrupt the translation!

I'd like to see some photos on the structure and/or the writings but I am
not finding much through this link. I will google for more...

Hmmm... here is a few:

http://www.angkorwhat.net/news/angkor-wat-videos.html <<<<< Good site!
http://www.sacredsites.com/asia/cambodia/angkor_wat.html

You might notice, but does it seem that everything I see is in three's?

There are three entrances or steps into the building.
There is a Triangle motif in some of the structures.
Are there clues in the structure itself?

Comments?

AdPop said:
being part human, he smelled terrible. The celestial beings became ill from the stench and begged Indra to send him away.
I wonder if the son was a smoker.... :/

Angor Wat is also one of the 21 candidates to be in the seven new wonders of the world, in a ceremony that will take place on 07/07/07 - FYI.

Yea the whole thing is very interesting.

We could say that this is hard eveidence that Cassiopeans were telling the truth.
I too find this very intriguing
AdPop said:
being part human, he smelled terrible. The celestial beings became ill from the stench and begged Indra to send him away.
it would be interesting to try decyphering what was this allegory all about

dant said:
You might notice, but does it seem that everything I see is in three's?

There are three entrances or steps into the building.
There is a Triangle motif in some of the structures.
Are there clues in the structure itself?

Comments?
i think that maybe more to do with the 2D nature of the images, I was there just under a year ago and picked up more of a five vibe. Each temple generally has 4 corner pieces with a central tower. The scale of the temples is incredible and the land area they are spread out over is also immense. The theory's given that they are not man made is the most plausible of any I've heard.
Deckard said:
AdPop wrote:

it would be interesting to try decyphering what was this allegory all about
indeed, 'smell' seems an odd expression to use.

adpop said:
Leisure_Cambodia/No.12/ancient%20craft.htm

Many people still harbor the belief that the Angkor temples are not built by human beings and interpret the smiles and expressions on the faces of the sculptures in and around the ancient temples as messages from beyond.
I saw rather vacant - soul-less expressions on a multitude of different styled massive gorgon-like stone heads. I would imagine anyone human encountering the complex for the first time would get the message to 'do what they were told' and be very fearful. - of course that was way before it was bought by an American company and turned into a theme park.

Back
Top Bottom