Animal attack

WIN 52

The Living Force
I am not sure if it was some form of attack or just the wrong place at the wrong time, but it's talons were aimed right at my head.

I killed an Owl last night, on the way home at about 9:30 pm. I was driving on the freeway traveling at 120km/hr, which is the posted speed limit, near Horne Lake, BC. There were cars in front and behind me. We were all traveling in the right hand lane. An Owl in a predatorial dive swooped across the road, hitting my car right where the roof meets the drivers window, which was open a crack to let the smoke out. Neither the car nor myself received any damage and I imagine the Owl died as a result of the collision. I didn't stop to see as it was dark out.

It's just with all of the wild animals attacking people lately, a person starts to wonder if there is some sort of predatorial attack involved, through the wild animals? It's almost like I had a shield in place and this guy just bounced off.

Be careful, it's a jungle out there!

Wow, that's gotta be a rare occurrence! That could easily cause a car accident if the driver is startled. Glad you're ok.

Are you sure though that it was a swooping owl? Given that you were on a highway, and that it was getting dark (or already dark?), and that the bird came from the side, I imagine you would have only seen it for a split second?

Yeah, it's almost a full moon and with the nocticulent clouds, there was quite a bit of light. It wasn't flapping it's wings, talons extended and hitting at the open Window which was open a couple of inches. It's body hit the roof line.

It all happened so fast, yet it seemed to happen frame by frame and i had time to react between the frames.

Back
Top Bottom