Annoying manifestations of the control system...

Cyre2067

The Living Force
This morning i've noticed a few things while trying to self-ob. Specifically i'm reading the adventures series and i find the nasty little voice in my head inserting words that aren't there or entertaining my thought center with visualizations that distract it from absorbing the words my eyes are following on screen. The point i realize whats going on is usually 2-5 seconds after the fact and i have to re-read whatever it was i was reading. Im also having the urge to "skip" through some of the material simply because it's familiar. Consciously i realize that re-reading the material solidifies it in terms of permanance in my memory and is useful for reinterpretation of ideas that i may have missed the first or second time through.

So there's my rant against the pred, i just wanted to put it out there in terms of my own awareness as to better combat the situation in the future.

Its as if the same problem with Frank corrupting the material is occuring inside my head. Except with frank is was output he was corrupting and with my head its input that is being corrupted. Interesting correlation.

Comments, as always, are appreciated.

Brent , I have had the same problem repeatedly, and (although I don't know if this is possible or convenient for you) I usually end up printing stuff out and then reading it outside, preferably in a tranquil nature spot. My concentration is noticibly better outside and I feel a lot less distracted.

Back
Top Bottom