Anon (2018)

ytain

Jedi
I watched this movie on Netflix.

Anon (2018) - IMDb

Synopsis: In a world without anonymity or crime, a detective meets a woman who threatens their security.

My review: the movie approaches the level of Matrix first movie, but in a different way. The acting is very good, by the actor Clive Owen.

I won't spoil the details of the movie.

Ytain

You should be boycotting Netflix for hiring on the Obamas.
I second that! I can't wait to see what kind of programming influence the Obama's are gonna have on Netflix. It makes sense though cause so many Americans are watching Netflix now it's a great place to throw their disinfo in.

As far as Anon is concerned I can see how you might have related it to the Matrix Ytain but then again not really. The woman stays off their radar but it's basically about catching a murderer who's using the same methods. Nothing to do with waking up to the reality of things imo.

Campaign contributor helped Obamas score Netflix deal
By Isabel Vincent May 26, 2018
obamas-netflix-deal-campaign-contributor.jpg

Barack and Michelle Obama are raking in the cash, thanks to the influence of a former campaign supporter.

The couple last week signed a creative production deal with Netflix that one entertainment-industry source said could be valued at more than $50 million.

Ted Sarandos, a major campaign contributor for Obama and the streaming giant’s creative-content chief who oversees an $8 billion budget, helped to broker the deal, the source told The Post.

Sarandos and his wife, Nicole Avant, bundled nearly $600,000 in contributions to Obama from their friends and associates during the 2012 presidential campaign.

The couple is friends with the Obamas, and Avant served as the US ambassador to the Bahamas from 2009 to 2011, during the former president’s first term.

Her father, Clarence, a music exec, bundled a total of nearly $450,000 for Obama’s presidential campaigns.

The multiyear Netflix agreement, in the works since at least March, calls on the Obamas “to produce a diverse mix of content, including the potential for scripted series, unscripted series, docuseries, documentaries and features,” which will be broadcast in 190 countries, according to a statement from the streaming service, which has 125 million subscribers around the globe.

The Obamas plan to work on stories that “promote greater empathy and understanding between peoples and help them share their stories with the entire world.”

Netflix received hundreds of résumés and story ideas after announcing the partnership, the source said.

Netflix says the couple formed Higher Ground Productions LLC to broker the deal. A firm with that name was incorporated in Delaware in April, public records show.

The contract comes a year after the Obamas inked a joint book deal with Penguin Random House valued in excess of $65 million. The first of the deal’s planned books, Michelle Obama’s memoir, “Becoming,” is due out in November.

Since leaving office, Barack Obama has addressed groups across the country, speaking about grassroots organizing and the problems of the poor.

Ironically, the talks come at a steep price. After a speech at a health-care conference sponsored by Wall Street firm Cantor Fitzgerald in September, Obama reportedly took home $400,000.

In addition to raking in millions, the former first couple has been involved in fund-raising for the Obama Foundation, which is developing a $500 million presidential center and library in Chicago.

The foundation took in more than $13 million in 2016, an exponential increase from just under $2 million the previous year, federal filings show.

Ted Sarandos
39191ffb01b458a61725a0820a24eda0.png

Netflix and Weinstein Company: Closer Than ‘Arm’s Distance’

Photos et images de Netflix #FYSEE "My Next Guest Needs No Introduction With David Letterman" FYC Event | Getty Images
84f7b584fc2b42ba6fd431d6c75a6003.png

Back
Top Bottom