Are Bamboo Pillow's Potentially Toxic?

Same here, I sleep on my side too and it feels natural. I tend to alternate between lying on my left and right side before I fall asleep.

Interesting info here:

Joachim said that the benefits [of sleeping on your side] can stretch to your heart, brain, stomach and respiratory system.

The stomach is positioned slightly to the left side of the body, so sleeping on the right side can ease the movement of food from the oesophagus to the right side of the stomach.

Hans Förstl, who runs a clinic for psychiatry and psychotherapy in Munich, said the brain can also benefit from a side position.

It is thought that harmful substances are “flushed” out of the brain and removed through the immune system during sleep.

Tests done on mice and rats have shown in the past that this is only the case when the animal was sleeping on their side.

When I sleep on my back, nothing hurts but I wake up after a while and my mouth is totally dry, like a desert. I guess it falls open and I breath through it after I fall asleep. I like sleeping on my side much better, but after a while I wake up cause something hurts, usually my shoulder, so I roll onto the other side, than same thing happens. I sleep with a contoured leg pillow between my knees, on an organic latex mattress. I have tried every type of high tech pillow: latex, memory foam, bamboo, down, the "MyPillow" etc. What seems to work best is a ratty, beat-up, cast-off that my husband used to use! Go figure. :lol:

Good comments about sleeping positions, cause it seemed that the body seeks its optimum positioning, and I'm with Laura on the back and stomach thing, it just does not work, and for the same reason you said Keyhole, there is snoring, and for me there is an added semi-closure to a nasal passage, so left side sleeping was adopted.

The other thing is that my Chiro always advised me about being on my side - pillow between the knees, so this other Chiro comes along (on Mercola) and upsets the whole sleeping thing. He makes a bit of sense, too, yet I'm not going to worry about it and carry on the way the body wants to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom