art by a murderer

crystalcharlie

A Disturbance in the Force
hi, my father was a chaplain at Pontiac prison in Illinois in the 80's where he met an inmate who had murdered his wife with an African ceremonial knife after stabbing her over 38 times. he claimed he caught her with another man but that wasn't the facts. the inmate was Richard Wiley, who after 15 years got himself released early by claiming he had a sickness that caused him to go into uncontrollable fits of rage, thereby making him not responsible for his murderous rage. he got out and went back to his hometown in ill. and married a woman who had a son . he recently murdered her and her son with a civil war replica rifle then wrote a rambling 40 page letter and then turned the gun on himself. while in prison the first time he painted some pictures and gave one to my father. it is of an old Indian man and if you look at it closely it looks like his hands and face have blood on them, although not readily recognizable at first glance. he signed the picture and frame and the authenticity can be verified by the prison. i want to sell this painting but don't really know where to start. anyone have any suggestions? thanks

crystalcharlie said:
hi, my father was a chaplain at Pontiac prison in Illinois in the 80's where he met an inmate who had murdered his wife with an African ceremonial knife after stabbing her over 38 times. he claimed he caught her with another man but that wasn't the facts. the inmate was Richard Wiley, who after 15 years got himself released early by claiming he had a sickness that caused him to go into uncontrollable fits of rage, thereby making him not responsible for his murderous rage. he got out and went back to his hometown in ill. and married a woman who had a son . he recently murdered her and her son with a civil war replica rifle then wrote a rambling 40 page letter and then turned the gun on himself. while in prison the first time he painted some pictures and gave one to my father. it is of an old Indian man and if you look at it closely it looks like his hands and face have blood on them, although not readily recognizable at first glance. he signed the picture and frame and the authenticity can be verified by the prison. i want to sell this painting but don't really know where to start. anyone have any suggestions? thanks

Hi 'crystalcharlie', I curious about why you thought this was an appropriate forum to advertise your wares? Please read the forum guidelines .

Back
Top Bottom