ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE AND HEADACHES...YIKES!

Ronnie

Jedi
Atmospheric pressure is the pressure above any area in the Earth's atmosphere caused by the weight of air.

Air masses are affected by the general atmospheric pressure within the mass, creating areas of high pressure (anti-cyclones) and low pressure (depressions).

As elevation increases, fewer air molecules are above. Therefore, atmospheric pressure decreases with increasing altitude http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_pressure#Standard_atmospheric_pressure

* Well, it's taken some time for me to put 2 and 2 together because I don't think I used to be sensitive to Barometric change. Evidently, I am now. I have been having headaches that nothing will touch. I live at 4,700 ft. above sea level. I seem to have bad headaches when the barometer reaches 29.9 - 30.1

What I've have found that does work most of the time now is : 2 Excedrin, 2 Benadryl, 1 cup coffee, and a hot neck wrap.

My question is, are we having more pressure than we used to? What is it that has changed in the last 2 years to have this seemingly new headache phenomena. Could it be the same thing that some people experience as ringing in the ears, manifesting as different symptoms?

Also, I live between cell phone towers, Yikes! So, really I don't know what to think!

Re: Headaches

When we have headaches, quite often, we use the essential oil of lavender. We inhale the aroma and massage it in on the back of our necks making sure to include the muscles leading over the shoulders. Tension causes the muscles in the neck to tighten up causing headaches. The lavender relaxes the muscles. Tension may not be the cause of your headaches, but you might give this a try. Ronnie hope it works.

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Well, It seems that I can predict the next snow storm. ;) Don't know that I like the idea. Yes, I'm aware of the benefit of lavender. It grows in my yard however when one of these headaches strike smells are enough to flip my stomach. Look what I found http://kinestheticventures.com/tense_necks.pdf I'm not all the way through it though. Thanks for the idea, maybe I should give it another try. I do have some here.

Back
Top Bottom