Atreides Fables - Now with 20% more morality!

A

atreides

All the little beedlewerks and gurdlesnabs were warmly tucked together in bed as Mama Matterwert sat down to read her little snitkins one of their favoritist stories. All the stories for little snitkins in Elgarwort Land were not made up stories, but pieces taken from newspapers saved from thousands of years ago. As it happened some three thousand years ago all the people of Hilenbag, which was very far to the south, woke up completely blind. Every gurdlesnab and every beedlewerk, all the people even the wise ruler Mitsalprit fell completely blind. Now this was really not good, everyone was arguing and yelling and screaming, and bumping into things, and tripping over things that normally they didn't trip over.

Then one of the Hilenbaggers screamed at the top of his lungs, "I can see!" he yelled. Upon hearing this news everyone stumbled and fell over each other trying to make it to the man who said he could see. "What can you see they said, can you see us?" Of course replied the man, you are right there. At this everyone shouted and celebrated, if someone could see, then they were saved! "Can you teach us how to see, everyone asked?" Yes, replied the man, first you just open your eyes and relax, then you say "Oompa scrumpa nardblat spurt!" and turn around and around.

Well everyone did as they were told, they spun around and around and yelled at the top of their lungs "Oompa scrumpa nardblat spurt", but none of them could see and all of them fell over. But then they heard another voice yell "It worked, I too can see, it worked, he was right!" Everyone ran toward the other voice and said "You can see! Can you see us?" Of course was the reply, "You're right there!" So everyone started to spin around and around and screaming with all their might with their eyes wide open "Oompa scrumpa nardblat spurt!" But nothing happened, then another man, who sounded older yelled "I can see too! It worked! He's a genius, we should make him our King!" And all the people yelled "You can see? Yes, he must be made King!" and so everyone stumbled about collecting up things to pay homage to the new king, even the old king Mitsalprit bowed and scraped before the new wise king who could see, even though Misalprit couldn't see, and didn't even know which direction he was bowing in, he never even thought to ask.

So that night everyone in Hilenbag celebrated the new King who could see, they danced, well as well as people who cannot see can dance, bumping into each other and knocking each other down. So sure were they of their new king and his ministers who could see; that they did not go in after dark which was the smart thing to do as the woods near the town were full of large beasts who might come and eat them. Everyone was making merry when suddenly they heard the growling of Snagglebogs and Pittabats, they knew they were surrounded, and called out to their new king, "King tell us which way to brandish our swords!" The new king responded in a terrified voice, that way that way. "Which way?" said the blind people. Over there, over there replied the new king his voice getting fainter and fainter. "Where are you going King?" yelled the people, but it was too late, they heard the cries of a Snagglebog eating the new king. "Where are the ministers, they can save us!" cried the Hilenbaggers.

But no one else responded. No one responded because there weren't any ministers, they were never real. The new king had seized upon the opportunity he was presented and had made it all up, he couldn't see anything. And so all the Hilenbaggers cowered in fear, lamenting at their ill luck at having fallen for such a mean trick.

And the moral said Mama Matterwert is this my little snitkins, "Just because someone "says" they can see, doesn't mean they can see, and if you can't see for yourselves, then there is no point in believing them, because you never know when you might be surrounded by Snagglebogs who may want to eat you."

I liked the story Atreides. Looking forward to the next installment.
"Just because someone "says" they can see, doesn't mean they can see, and if you can't see for yourselves, then there is no point in believing them, because you never know when you might be surrounded by Snagglebogs who may want to eat you."
Sometimes it is hard to realize that one is blind and can't see.

Hence the story :) In light of all this SW nonesense I thought it was pertinent. If you aren't willing (read capable) of checking for yourself then don't bother beliving someone else, chances are, they are lieing so they can be made king.

Back
Top Bottom