B E I N G S: Alien Experiments

Argonaut

Jedi Master
The basic premise of this film is that a UFO crashed in 2000, and an object was recovered that turned out to be a sort of alien video recorder. Using lasers, scientists figured out how to view the video it contained, which turned out to be a recording of experiments on abducted humans aboard the craft. The movie itself is about the events seen in the recording.

I have been a MySpace "friend" of this movie's page for a few years, but it didn't actually release until last month. The producers have been engaging in a major viral marketing campaign since 2005, setting up several fake Websites to create the illusion that the movie is based on actual events. Above Top Secret and Godlike Productions BOTH devoted a thread to the alleged "recording" back in 2005, arguing over whether it was real or not. :lol: You can see a list of these fake sites, along with links to the two threads here: _http://www.beingsthemovie.com/theBeingsdisc/public_opinion.htm (visit the main site from this url to learn more about the actual movie). The entire campaign seems to have been very successful at blurring the lines between fiction and reality.

Now that the film has actually come out, I went to Amazon to see about buying it. But I hesitated when I looked at the image of the DVD cover and saw this:

B E I N G S said:
"Viewers can experience for themselves the mystery, confusion and blind terror that so many people have described during an alien abduction experience" - Jim Marrs, journalist and author of the world's top selling non-fiction UFO book "Alien Agenda"

My first reaction was, "Do I REALLY WANT to experience that stuff??" But then I caught myself, reassured myself that it's just some movie, and even though Jim Marrs is an excellent UFO researcher he was probably just being dramatic with that statement.

But I wonder, what could the effect of such a movie be on someone? Especially if they've ever been abducted? I probably will purchase it just to satisfy my curiosity, but it really makes me think. The four-year marketing campaign is pretty unusual as well. Does anyone else have some thoughts about all this?

If I do buy the movie, I'll definitely post an update once I've watched it.

Alderpax said:
But I wonder, what could the effect of such a movie be on someone? Especially if they've ever been abducted? I probably will purchase it just to satisfy my curiosity, but it really makes me think. The four-year marketing campaign is pretty unusual as well. Does anyone else have some thoughts about all this?

I can't say that I've ever seen a UFO or that I've ever been abducted, but the issues involved have fascinated me since I found the C's transcripts. On the other hand, I must say that I've never had the slightest interest in a hollywood production on the subject.

So I'm curious as to what is interesting about the movie from the point of view of someone who really wants to see it. Do you think it will reveal some real information or insights about alien abduction?

Again, I'm just curious, that's all. :)

Buddy said:
Alderpax said:

I can't say that I've ever seen a UFO or that I've ever been abducted, but the issues involved have fascinated me since I found the C's transcripts. On the other hand, I must say that I've never had the slightest interest in a hollywood production on the subject.

So I'm curious as to what is interesting about the movie from the point of view of someone who really wants to see it. Do you think it will reveal some real information or insights about alien abduction?

Again, I'm just curious, that's all. :)

What interested me partly is that it's not a Hollywood production; it's an independent film. It also seems like it could offer some insights. It's not a true story, but it does claim to be "inspired by real events." The movie's MySpace page has several UFO researchers in its Friends list, which is the producers' way of showing that they're at least somewhat serious. :lol: All of that seemed intriguing to me. I'm doubly intrigued now that I know Jim Marrs endorses the movie, since he's a pretty trustworthy researcher. So I'm just intrigued and curious. I'd actually forgotten about the movie entirely over the last couple years... I figured they just weren't going to make it. So I'm also a bit glad to see that it finally did come out. :)

Ok, fwiw, if you see the movie, I would be interested in reading what you think about it.

Back
Top Bottom