Bay of Pigs Invasion

Turgon

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I had a very vivid dream last night where I was on the beach of where the Bay of Pigs invasion occurred in Cuba. Only they weren't Cuban 'revolutionaries' but actual US soldiers and Marines that were invading. I had just finished taking a shower and putting on a new pair of clothes on and was drying my hair with the towel when this all started happening. So when the soldiers started shooting in the direction of the large building I came out from, I would throw my towel at them in the hopes of distracting or stopping them in some way. The soldiers either wouldn't know what was happening or shoot in my direction, but would always miss hitting me. I was in the midst of all this and thought for sure I was going to get captured while they were setting themselves up on the beach, but most of them either ran past me or thought I was an US soldier.

I finally went back into the school to use the urinal, and meet a US Air Force Colonel in there. While I'm doing my business, he starts talking to me not knowing I'm not part of the invasion force, and after when I was done, I turn to him and tell him that we are a better people than them because they may be successful in storming the school or nuke us in the future if they can't siege it today - he wholeheartedly agreed and said 'Yup, we will' - but that we will never turn to murdering or killing anyone. This really upset him hearing that and he said a few things that I don't remember then stands up and tries to intimidate me.

He was a giant because his belly is where my face is, so I remember just looking up at him while he tries to stare me down - which went on for a little while. I finally put my hand on his belly and say 'If you'll excuse me, have a good evening' and walk past him and out of the washroom. I end up in the hallway of the school where the soldiers have stormed different parts of it. I can't see the soldiers, they hadn't reached the area that I was in, but there was chaos as students were scrambling trying to run away. One student grabs me by the arm and indicates to head into a classroom where the teacher is tearing apart pages from a phone book and spraying it with what looked like Lysol (?) to protect the students. I head over to a desk and hide underneath while hearing people screaming and yelling in the background.

Then I woke up. :shock:

Turgon said:
[...]I was on the beach of where the Bay of Pigs invasion occurred in Cuba...

That is a pretty vivid dream with a specific place, Turgon. Not sure what to make of it. Perhaps there is some link to what you heard or saw in the last day, or may be something being read - merging of realities also came to mind.

voyageur said:
Turgon said:
[...]I was on the beach of where the Bay of Pigs invasion occurred in Cuba...

That is a pretty vivid dream with a specific place, Turgon. Not sure what to make of it. Perhaps there is some link to what you heard or saw in the last day, or may be something being read - merging of realities also came to mind.

I'm not sure either. I was reading up on the Viethminh, who were communist, but other than that... :huh:

I thought of the symbolism of throwing the towel, as in throwing in the towel and how that was ineffective against fending off the soldiers, but while meeting with the Air Force Colonel, the only way through the situation (and him) was to maintain my dignity and not be intimidated. But that was because I made a declaration as to what I (we) weren't willing to stoop to and maybe connected with it is the chaotic energy that's been going around, like what was mentioned in the latest session, because I've had some fairly disturbing dreams in the last few weeks.

But with the soldiers trying to siege the school, reminded me of what's happening in Universities across Canada and how there is sort of an invasion already happening, with gender identity politics and the new pronouns. And it's spreading to other countries. But how in order to not be seen by the soldiers and basically blend in was right after taking a shower (cleansing myself?) with a new change of clothes, and maybe this is somewhat related to all this new information about Paul and Stoic philosophy being a guideline on how to live our lives. And while in the school, the teacher is ripping out pages from a phone book and giving them to students. So thinking about that now, phone books are a way of keeping in touch and staying connected. So that the teacher is encouraging us to stay connected with one another because this may be our best hope for protection against what is happening in the world.

Hi turgon,

That is quite the vivid dream, I want to say there are aspects of the hero archetype running through it (standing up for yourself against an insurmountable task, the general)

But in a genral sense I would also say that your subconscious is interpreting all this chaos around you. It sounds like you feel rather invaded and at a loss. Perhaps the way the dream took place is the way you perceive the world at large, a place where not even peeing can one find solace from all the nonsense. And this perhaps makes you feel a tad isolated.

I think Lysol and the phone book could also mean a hygenic and clean communication avenue, but this of course depends on what you understand Lysol to be.

Just my two humble cents here

Alejo said:
But in a genral sense I would also say that your subconscious is interpreting all this chaos around you. It sounds like you feel rather invaded and at a loss. Perhaps the way the dream took place is the way you perceive the world at large, a place where not even peeing can one find solace from all the nonsense. And this perhaps makes you feel a tad isolated.

I appreciate your perspective Alejo. I didn't connect the two, but after reading your post yesterday I had an emotional release in realizing I have been feeling this way. I've struggled in writing a response, but I realize at least for the most part it's not entirely reflective of reality but more of an internal state of being and how I perceive the world. For me, acknowledging how I feel is at least a start instead of burying them underneath narratives or distractions.

Turgon said:
Alejo said:

I appreciate your perspective Alejo. I didn't connect the two, but after reading your post yesterday I had an emotional release in realizing I have been feeling this way. I've struggled in writing a response, but I realize at least for the most part it's not entirely reflective of reality but more of an internal state of being and how I perceive the world. For me, acknowledging how I feel is at least a start instead of burying them underneath narratives or distractions.

That's just it, because the world won't change per se.... I mean the world will remain a rather chaotic place to exist in, so feeling isolated and invaded is the right thing to experience. The key is to realize that this is exactly how you feel so then you can do something about it.

Like you said, ignoring will only perpetuate it. But feeling down is the right way to feel. It is my interpretation that feeling just in such a way is part of the lesson of living within this reality. Does that make sense?

Alejo said:
Turgon said:
Alejo said:

That's just it, because the world won't change per se.... I mean the world will remain a rather chaotic place to exist in, so feeling isolated and invaded is the right thing to experience. The key is to realize that this is exactly how you feel so then you can do something about it.

Like you said, ignoring will only perpetuate it. But feeling down is the right way to feel. It is my interpretation that feeling just in such a way is part of the lesson of living within this reality. Does that make sense?

Well, yes it does. A part of me wants to argue that it's not right to feel isolated and invaded, yet that's a judgment and not the truth of the matter, and there's no longer any sense in attempting to deny that even if it's an emotional reality at the moment. The next stage - what to do about it - is a pressing question. And one I don't want to answer lightly, because I feel like it's a matter of taking action, but also for the right reasons.

Turgon said:
Alejo said:
Turgon said:
Alejo said:

Well, yes it does. A part of me wants to argue that it's not right to feel isolated and invaded, yet that's a judgment and not the truth of the matter, and there's no longer any sense in attempting to deny that even if it's an emotional reality at the moment. The next stage - what to do about it - is a pressing question. And one I don't want to answer lightly, because I feel like it's a matter of taking action, but also for the right reasons.

I may be wrong here, and these are just some speculative thoughts, but the sorrow that comes from the isolation and invasion while explicitly destructive and paralyzing, is the key ingredient to carry actions out. A reminder factor of sorts where the pain reminds you of its presence and of the need to act on it. Which highlights the importance or acknowledging it.

Naturally the most outright relation between pain and action is “how to stop it?” And I personally think that the only way to get there is through understanding the pain. And I also think that perhaps, the other thing to consider while in such states is how to make all of that isolation and sorrow meaningful for you and for others.

Back
Top Bottom