Best Buy Improvisation

Johnno

The Living Force
The idea for this mission was submitted by a stranger via email. Agent Slavinsky wrote in to suggest I get either a large group of people in blue polo shirts and khakis to enter a Best Buy or a group in red polo shirts and khakis to enter a Target. Wearing clothing almost identical to the store's uniform, the agents would not claim to work at the store but would be friendly and helpful if anyone had a question. There aren't any Targets in Manhattan, so I decided to go with the two-story Best Buy on 23rd Street.
Hilarious

http://improveverywhere.com/mission_view.php?mission_id=57

My favourite parts:

With our main photographer busted, I took out my camera and started taking covert snapshots. One employee caught me in the act and rushed over. As soon as he got to me, I caught him off guard with a question, "Hey, do you know where I can find the right memory cards for my camera?" He stammered for a second and then said, "Sure. They're right over there." I thanked him and was on my way.
Agent Shafer confidently informed the cops that it was not, in fact, "illegal" to film in Best Buy and that they couldn't accuse him of trespassing until he had been asked to leave the store. He pointed out that he was perfectly willing to leave. A manager told Agent Shafer, "I don't come to your house and film you," to which he replied, "Who lives here?"
We had been in the store for around 40 minutes, so I decided it was time to start leaving. I also figured our departure would ease the heat off of the cameramen. I walked around and gave agents the signal to leave. Before heading out, I snapped a few more photos and was busted a third time by an employee. He asked me to leave, and I informed him I was on my way out. I soon found myself in the middle of about six other agents heading towards the escalators. The guy who busted me decided he wanted to talk to me more about my camera, but couldn't remember which one I was. As he walked with the six of us in our blue shirts, he started demanding, "Which one of you had the camera?" None of us answered. Riding the escalator up I took one last glance backwards. The employee saw my face and shouted, "That's him!" I worried that he would make it to a security guard to radio in my description to the front door guys so they could intercept me. I picked up the pace and hurried out the front door, undetected, camera safely in pocket.
"What's going on? What are you and your buddies doing?" I, flabbergasted, told him kindly I was waiting for the bathrooms to be fixed. And he, not believing me, asked me to leave and said he's calling the police and then stormed off. I said ok and just went to another section.
Employee: "You can't talk to my customers".
Simmons: "I'm just having a friendly conversation with these people"
Employee: "But you don't work here."
Simmons: "It's a free country I feel I can speak with anybody I choose."
Employee: "You're playing some games."
Simmons: "I'm just here to shop with my wife."
Employee: "Yeah, you and your 50 friends?"
Simmons: "I don't know anybody else here."
Employee: "Yeah, you're instigating (sic) our shirts."
"Do you know where I can find a USB port?" she said.
"What is that?" I said.
"It's a computer thing," she said.
"What does USB stand for?" I asked. She gave me a strange look.
"I don't know," she said. "You just plug it in...
...amid my protests were telling me that I was causing a distraction by being dressed too much like them. This was the rule that they determined I was breaking: causing a distraction by being dressed too much like them. Hilarious.
"This is absolute nonsense. If you go back in there, you're getting a summons and you'll be going to jail." He walked away and an agent said "Okay, so now we've established where the line is. You can go in once, but you can't go in again."
"I'm going to have to ask you to leave."
"You're kicking me out?"
"No, I'm not saying that."
"Ok, then I can stay?"
"You're not buying anything."
"I'm waiting for my friend, just watching TV while I wait."
"I'm asking you to leave."
"Are you kicking me out?"
"No."
:lol:

Johnno said:
The idea for this mission was submitted by a stranger via email. Agent Slavinsky wrote in to suggest I get either a large group of people in blue polo shirts and khakis to enter a Best Buy or a group in red polo shirts and khakis to enter a Target. Wearing clothing almost identical to the store's uniform, the agents would not claim to work at the store but would be friendly and helpful if anyone had a question. There aren't any Targets in Manhattan, so I decided to go with the two-story Best Buy on 23rd Street.
Hilarious

http://improveverywhere.com/mission_view.php?mission_id=57
I read about this recently also. I thought it was just ingenious. There are a ton of videos at that link from different perspectives. Very funny stuff, they aren't doing anything wrong but management still goes nuts =D

Back
Top Bottom