Best deal on a Berkey filter? (my research)

SummerLite said:
Thanks sitter, Very helpful,

Ahh -- yes --- SummerLITE. A bit of liteness is good. ;)

But reverse osmosis - which removes essential minerals in water - may not be so good.

Hi! Yes, I'm aware of that, I add supplemental minerals. I figure its way better then the tap water. So maybe the Berkey can replace this, I'd like that. Much more convenient then running out for water all the time. Thanks for the comment sitter.

Do you have a view on using the food grade buckets for water storage?

SummerLite said:
Do you have a view on using the food grade buckets for water storage?

Hi,

I suppose ceramic or stainless steel would be better, but large containers of that kind might be tough to get. Perhaps quite expensive too. Also ceramic or glass could break easily. The coming environment I foresee is neither gentle nor convenient. More likely to be rough, dynamic, and dangerous.

Unless of course you do a 4th D transit. For that reason, it's probably good to focus at least as much on spiritual cleansing -- frequency tuning -- and faith building -- as it is on water, food, or precious metals. My own guideline is 80/20. That's the way I'm approaching it. I do believe you have to fully intend the outcome for it to happen.

SummerLite said:
Thanks for the tips on this water filter, looks good!

Stoneboss, is this the video you watched? Any problems with leaking? I like the idea of adding a ceramic filter as well for muddy water, is that possible in your opinion? Looks like a great idea :).

https://youtu.be/XYG_TLoI9O4

Indeed, thanks Stoneboss for letting us know about that. Have you noticed any odd plastic like taste to the water since you've been using it? The food grade tubs don't look like they'd leak any nasty chemicals due to their glossy coating, but I'm not sure.

If you can afford it, it might be better just to get the real Berkey with stainless steel, rather than using homemade plastic.

Immersion said:
SummerLite said:
Thanks for the tips on this water filter, looks good!

Stoneboss, is this the video you watched? Any problems with leaking? I like the idea of adding a ceramic filter as well for muddy water, is that possible in your opinion? Looks like a great idea :).

https://youtu.be/XYG_TLoI9O4

Indeed, thanks Stoneboss for letting us know about that. Have you noticed any odd plastic like taste to the water since you've been using it? The food grade tubs don't look like they'd leak any nasty chemicals due to their glossy coating, but I'm not sure.

No, I've never noticed any odd plastic taste to the water. However, I would have to agree with hlat that "if you can afford it, it might be better just to get the real Berkey with stainless steel", just to be on the safe side.

If anyone's looking for a really portable water filter katadyn do a range of them, the pocket version is probably the best, they don't filter fluoride but they are more for camping or survival. Very expensive but the pocket version should last a lifetime, they also make de-salinators if you're near the sea, they are absurdly expensive though. I don't have a berkey or a katadyn so don't know how they compare.

Back
Top Bottom