Beta carotene is a substance from plants ........

J

john1

http:(2slsh)www(dot)homeherb(dot)com/specialstore/beta-carotene.htm Beta carotene is a substance from plants that the body converts into vitamin A. It also acts as an antioxidant and an immune system booster. Dark green and orange-yellow vegetables are good sources of beta-carotene. It is also available in supplements. Beta carotene also prevents from Leukoplakia, Lung cancer, Night blindness and Photosensitivity. A buyer’s guide to the best Beta carotene safe, effective, rapid-acting, non-sedating supplement from Homeherb.com

Do you have any hard evidence that beta carotene prevents cancer or you are just trying to advertise this web site ?!

Deckard said:
Do you have any hard evidence that beta carotene prevents cancer or you are just trying to advertise this web site ?!
I think we need a space on the forum for people wanting push their related sites, maybe post them at:

www(dot)i_have_bought_into_this_website_and_am_looking_for_somewhere_to_try_and_boost_sales.com/flog_your_stuff_here :lol:

PS: "plants & beta carotene being from them" reminds of "sherlock and no manure" for some reason...

john1 said:
Beta Carotene
If carrots are so magical, why did ancient civilizations with quite a lot knowledge of plants not revere them?

domivr said:
[If carrots are so magical, why did ancient civilizations with quite a lot knowledge of plants not revere them?
Yes, carrots are magical and as a proof, have-you ever seen a rabbit with glasses????? =D

Well maybe some of them may wear lenses. :lol:

I think there is space here: http://www.signs-of-the-times.org/signs/forum/viewforum.php?id=45

paulnotbilly said:
Deckard said:
I think we need a space on the forum for people wanting push their related sites, maybe post them at:

www(dot)i_have_bought_into_this_website_and_am_looking_for_somewhere_to_try_and_boost_sales.com/flog_your_stuff_here :lol:

PS: "plants & beta carotene being from them" reminds of "sherlock and no manure" for some reason...

whatever about the trying to flog stuff, everyone needs to get themselves a juicer and juice some carrots and drink it. I don't know about preventing cancer and stuff, but it tastes velly goooood! And there is some evidence (from a "the benefits of fresh veggie juice" book) that it is rather good for the old organism.

Joe

It seems like it matters where the vitamin stems from. A study conducted in Finland showed, that taking this particular vitamin suplement actually would increase the persons risk of contracting lung cancer. www(dot)cancer.gov/newscenter/pressreleases/ATBCfollowup
Taken from the same site
"Epidemiologic studies have linked high intake of foods rich in beta carotene and high serum levels of the micronutrient to a reduced risk of cancer, particularly lung cancer." I couldn't find any of these studies, but know that Vitamin A in excessive levels is toxic, since we store it in our fatty tissues. So maybe it isn't the beta carotene in the carrots which affects the cancer in a positive way but other antioxidants?

Back
Top Bottom